Mocka Original

Mocka Original

Unsafe Velcro strap connecting seat to tray

The Velcro strap that connects the seat to tray between the legs of the child is a terrible design and it is unsafe, my Eight month old can undo it and fall through. He fell through the other day and if was not strapped in with the harness would have gone all the way through.

Purchased in February 2019 at Mocka for $130.00.

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to place your feedback, and please be assured we take the safety of our products very seriously, this matters a great deal to us. Our customer service team have responded to your email and we have provided some troubleshooting tips to assist.

Seat plank slides off

I have a 3 YO son who needs a high chair and I chose Mocka for being able to transform into a high chair after baby years. But I realised the seat plank slides off after he stands up and tried to sit on it again. The sliding is on a daily basis now despite the blots and nuts secured very tightly. It has become a very dangerous situation when my son fell over and ended on his spine the other day.

Purchased in October 2017 at Mocka for $150.00.

Hello, We are very sorry to hear of this and we hope your little one is ok. Can you please contact our Customer Service team at hello@mocka.com.au so we can assist further. We look forward to hearing from you.Dear Steve, I have emailed off to you awhile ago and no assistance has been offered nor communication from your end. The plank will not stay or be secured, exactly how this video has addressed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dPLK0WVCCo It is an accident waiting to happen.Hi Jessie, we do apologise as we respond to all our emails received, without any information we unfortunately cannot check our records. We can see from your Video the Footplate is too high causing the issue you have shown, please make sure the footplate is below the top rod. if you continue to have issues please get in touch with the team (perhaps with an alternative email address) and we can advise further.

Nice wooden style

Great looking chair howevwr, the design is not
suited for babies 6+ as their website recommends. The chair seat space is very wide and there is a big gap between baby and tray even at the tightest position. We tried it at 6 months and now at 9 months and it’s still to big for our baby (who’s bigger than average). Looks like it will be a good chair for later time.

Hello. We take any safety related feedback extremely seriously and believe when assembled correctly there is no issue with the highchair. Is it possible to send a photo showing your child in the assembled highchair to hello@mocka.com.au, our customer service team can then provide some trouble shooting tips to assist.

Looks good and works great but it was a little bit difficult to assemble

This chair looks great and keeps her seated however, upon first build i was unable to tighten all of the screws fully. When all the screws are tightened the chair was unbearably wobbily with about a 10mm gap from the chair leg to the floor. This is because the slat notches are slightly out of alignment. I fixed the problem by using a small file to make one of the sides a little bit larger and now it works, but it shouldn't have to be done for a new product.

Quality and it looks good too!

This chair is absolutely beautiful. It is easy to clean, the food wipes right off the seat cushions so no stains. I feel comfortable having my baby seated in this chair. I would recommend this chair if you are looking for quality, safety and a chair that looks good too.

Hi There, Many thanks for your feedback. We are glad to hear you loved our Original Highchair!

Missing parts but fixed ASAP

Was missing a few rods, but customer service replaced these within days. Will shop again with them if they continue this style if service.

Hi Matt, Many thanks for your feedback. We are glad we could assist with replacing the missing parts. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Functional and stylish!

I used this highchair for my singleton son and have just bought a second chair for my twins! It’s functional, easy to clean, love that the tray can be removed when the child is older and they can sit at the dining table with rest of the family. Negatives - can be a little awkward putting baby in the seat as the tray is not removable once screwed into place and I found for a young baby when their head support isn’t strong yet, the back of the chair is not high enough to support them comfortably like other high chairs - in saying this, we used a cushion tucked behind them and it worked perfectly! Love this chair and I highly recommend it!

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback. We have passed this on to the product team for review.

Easy to put together and so far she loves it

She actually likes climbing in this high chair and likes the harness to strap her in. I like that it will grow with her and she can finally sit at the family table with us.

I like the colour but wished it did come in a dark colour to match our other furniture.

We are glad to hear you love the chair. We have passed on your feedback about timber colours.

Excellent, well built, great quality

This high chair has been brilliant! It’s exceptionally well built, easy to adjust as bub grows and fits at our table perfectly. It’s so good that we’ve ordered one for our 4 year old who also wanted the same in the chair mode!! Being lightweight and like a normal chair means we’ve also been able to easily put it outside with us while we eat at the outside table which bubs loves!

We are so happy to hear how much you love these chairs.

Safe and secure statement piece

Not only have we chosen a highchair that supports babies' back, and we can feel safe seating her, she's harnessed securely and can sit with us at the dinner table. We can also boast a statement piece which fits into our contemporary home decor. The chair manouvres easily into the tighest corner, is steady and it's not over sized. Thank you Mocka.

Thank you for such wonderful feedback. We are happy to hear how much you love your purchase.

Each of our children have one of these

Each of our children have one of these. They are fantastic. The flexibility of being able to transition into a stool as they children get older and get use of them until they are 6 or 7. I cannot recommend this product enough. they are high quality and easy to assemble.

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback.

Great high chair.. absolutely love it!

Bub loves it, easy to clean.. get lots of compliments on it and the grandparents are very impressed with the restraints too.
Practical but also looks great.
Easy to clean and I love that yhe footrest is adjustable and that down the line he can use the chair at the big table too..
Very happy with my purchase.. it was delivered quickly too.

Thanks Vanessa :) We do appreciate your feedback.

Exactly as hoped

Good solid build. Very easy to put together. Good height for sitting at the dinner table and once he is older can remove the tray so he can sit at the dinner table at a reasonable height. Very easy to wipe clean, not too many nooks and crannies. Looks very nice too with the house decor.

Thanks for the feedback. We are thrilled to hear you are so happy with this product.

Safe and sturdy

This high chair was easy to put together, and has a great harness to keep my (very active) toddler strapped in for mealtimes!! It’s easy to clean...except for the harness which is slightly more difficult, which would be my only negative. It looks nice too, and it’s easy to move between inside and outside. Overall I’d recommend highly!

It is great to hear that you are happy with your purchase. Thanks for the feedback.

Exactly what we needed

The Mocka highchair is fantastic. We will have it for years, it is easy to get our little one in and out of, it’s easy to clean, it doesn’t look out of place with our other furniture and it’s perfect for baby led weaning. I would recommend this chair to any of the parents in our community.

We are thrilled to hear you are so happy with this purchase.

Good Highchair but could be better with better harnessing system

It’s difficult to put baby in & even more difficult to take the baby out of the highchair when the tray is on. The varnish on tray is coming off after less than 2 months of use although it is brand new. Do not like the dirty white trimming round the tray as they look like dried up food stuck to the trimming.

Hello. The best way to clean your highchair – especially the tray is with a clean damp cloth, and then wipe completely dry. We recommend you DON’T use household cleaners as these could lift the varnish and upset the wood finish. Using a damp cloth and wiping dry will ensure longevity of your highchair. We do pride ourselves on a quality product and believe the Highchair can withstand normal uses, can you please email us at hello@mocka.com.au with your order number and photos showing the area of concern on the tray and our customer service team can assist further.

Happy baby

Easy to put together. Baby is comfortable and happy to sit in it and be fed. Compact footprint means it fits well in our smaller house, yet it is still sturdy.
Only down side is non removable tray can make it tricky to clean and get baby in and out if wiggly.

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. We appreciate it.

A great looking highchair at an affordable price

My daughter is approaching the age where a highchair will be necessary for mealtimes. I hadn't put much thought into what highchair I would get as I figured I'd cross that bridge when I got there.
A friend had purchased the Mocka highchair for her son, and after seeing it in action I was sold on it. The functionality of the highchair is fantastic, and the fact that it looks great is a bonus... not to mention the reasonable price tag that came with it!
Once it arrived I had no trouble assembling the highchair, and after popping my daughter in it, I even got a little smile of approval

That is great to hear! Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

Fantastic concept, so-so execution

The design is beautiful, honestly could not fault its appeal.
I only have a couple of issues with it. Initially setting the chair up, I found that the seat board and foot board were incredibly hard to slot in and out. I understand the need for them to be firm for safety, but I couldn’t slide them in even with three other people. We had to loosen all the screws and push harder than I had to push for the baby it’s intended for. Which once set up is fine, but as a baby rapidly grows any alterations will be a mission only Tom Cruise would be able to accomplish.
My only suggestion would be to make the boards fractionally smaller.
The other qualm is the cushions, while easy to wipe clean and the Black is super stains, they slip and slide all over the place which makes my wiggle worm of a child significantly harder to feed resulting in some serious Jackson Pollock style food art all over the floor, her and myself, perhaps one side could be made of a more rubbery non slip material?

I love your company and I have the highest regard for your products and customer service, I recommend your site to everyone.

Chloe

Thank you for your feedback; we are always looking for ways to improve our products and service and have passed this on. We understand the screws do need to all be loosened in order to adjust the seat and foot board height, however this is to ensure that neither can easily be moved by any measurement once the screws are all tightened. We hope you and your daughter enjoy using your Mocka Highchair for many years to come.

Easy to clean safe & sturdy high chair. My son loves it!

After searching for a while for a high chair for my son that’s easy to clean and and safe , I am so glad I found the Mocka Original High Chair! With dinner time always being a hassle it’s made so much easier with the Mocka Original! It’s a high chair I can trust with its sturdy construction and safe harness and what a Mumma likes most is that it’s so easy to clean! The Black straps are great! But mostly my son loves his high chair and loves being in it which makes this high chair just perfect for us! Happy Baby, Happy Mumma!

We are thrilled to hear this! Thank you for your wonderful feedback.