11MOD Cold Press Juicer

MOD Cold Press Juicer Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Lambie
Lambie · MOD Cold Press Juicer

Juist wondering if it can handle frozen greens like spinach and kale? Especially the store bought ones that are in the cubes instead of loose frozen leaves.

Mike C
Mike C

I’m not sure about that one , I never tried those yet .

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Lambie, fresh is best, however if you can't find fresh then fully defrosted produce can be used in the juicer. Frozen fruit can be used to make sorbet, however you must change the filter to the sorbet attachment (that comes with every juicer in the wellness bundle).

Elyna A. · MOD Cold Press Juicer

I have ordered my Mod juicer, I haven’t received it yet but it’s coming soon. I’m reading all these reviews and I’m nervous… I am hoping all will go well when I use it.

Karen USA
Karen USA

I have been using mine daily. No problems very easy to clean

Elyna A.

Thanks Karen, I hope I get more positive answers from others. Seems to be a lot of ppl who struggle with this juicer. I’m in Australia.

Elyna A. · MOD Cold Press Juicer

Does this juicer work well at extracting juice from leafy greens?

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi there, yes MOD is perfect for all of your produce, including leafy greens like spinach and kale, as well as herbs like mint or parsley.

Jess D
Jess D · MOD Cold Press Juicer

Hi, I brought my MOD second hand while I’m saving to buy one brand new one. For some reason when I put the lid on and lock it, it won’t turn on?
When I push down the little red button with a knife on the inside of the opening it works.
It’s like the lid isn’t long enough to push the button down? Has something broken off?
I emailed mod with photos but they told me it was definitely the lid now I have a new lid and it still doesn’t work. Any suggestions?

Andrew
Andrew

Hi Jess - all I can suggest is that you ensure the arrow above the on button is in direct alignment with the portion that protrudes on the feeder. If it is slightly off-centre, it will not work. Sometimes, if my hands are wet when I put the feeder on, it goes out of alignment because of my slippery hands. Hope this helps.

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Jess, feel free to contact our customer care team at info@modappliances.com and they can give you some assembly tips and troubleshoot any other issues. All the best.

David · MOD Cold Press Juicer

I have the compact cold press juicer. Does the mod juicer process quicker and bigger quantities ?

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi David, our juicer is great for everyday use and many of our customers juice large quantities at at time. It comes with a great guide explaining preparation (most of which is minimal) and juice is produced quickly.

David

Thanks I have the red one and love it.

MOD Appliances   DM

Fantastic to hear! Thanks for your support David.

KLS
KLS · MOD Cold Press Juicer

We are looking for a replacement juicer. We juice celery exclusively, daily. I've read the reviews indicating there are issues with this particular veggie. My current juicer has problems with celery, as well, but I don't want to replace it unless it's a better design. Do you have suggestions for juicing celery? Do the individual stalks need to be cut into small pieces?

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi KLS, thanks for the questions. Celery is best juiced when cut into 1 inch pieces due to the stringy nature of celery. Many of our customers use it for celery daily, it's a fantastic practice. Hope this helps.

Sonya Metzroth
Sonya Metzroth

Celery needs to be cut down into pieces otherwise it can be very loud when juicing.

Amanda O.
Amanda O. · MOD Cold Press Juicer (MOD-Gen)

Hi I just received my mod juicer 2 days ago and have had trouble using it. Could you share how to prevent the appliance from getting stuck? I tried juicing beetroot, carrots and apple and cut them into small pieces as per handbook but they still get stuck and when I open the top part, it's so hard to align it back and get the machine to start working again.

The pulp also gets stuck at the exit way after juicing for abouy half a cup. I'm I doing something wrong? I watched the videos on how to assemble and I seem to get everything set up properly.

Caroline B
Caroline B

Hi, Not sure if this helps but I had a similar issue when I didn't wait for the machine to finish processing the earlier pieces before putting in new ones. Once I did that, it cleared up the issue. I've also cut harder vegetables into very small pieces first (smaller than recommended).

Amanda O.

Thanks Caroline. I'll try what you did on my next attempt :)

Keith M.
Keith M. · MOD Cold Press Juicer

How does this work with wheat grass? Our current one gets wheat grass fiber stuck between parts so you can't get it all out.

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Keith, wheat grass can be juiced in MOD, just make sure you're juicing enough of it at a time and you'll have no problems.

Karen O.
Karen O. · MOD Cold Press Juicer

I’ve just started juicing with my mod press - mostly watermelon, apples, pears, oranges, limes, celery. I seem to be getting a lot of wastage and what’s coming out is more ‘sludgy’ than liquid. The pulp catcher is continually filling up and little liquid coming through. I feel like something isn’t quite right? Any suggestions. I’ve assembled all parts as per the video?

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Karen, thank you for reaching out, we are sorry to hear that you haven't had a smooth start with your MOD Cold Press Juicer! That definitely isn't what we expect and our Customer Care Team are very happy to help resolve this for you. We will send you a private message! Many thanks - Team MOD :)

Genett C.
Genett C.

I am also having this problem and and have since given up using the machine. Any tips or feedback on how to fix this would be appreciated!

Pam W.
Pam W.

Bought my juicer in 2020 and it unfortunately isn't used much because of these exact problems. An incredible amount of wastage. I've tried putting it through again with same result.

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Genett, sorry to hear this! Please reach out to our customer service team at info@modappliances.com and we'll be able help you with the problem you're having.

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Pam, you shouldn't be experiencing lots of wastage when juicing, please reach out to us and we'll be able to assist you and see what is going wrong, please email us at info@modappliances.com

Charles G.
Charles G. · MOD Cold Press Juicer

Where is the motor made?

Kazza
Kazza

Mod are Australian run and owned company, you will need to contact Mod and ask where their motor is made.

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Charles, thank you for your query! MOD Appliances is an Australian based, owned and operated company. Our products are designed in Australia with parts being sourced from USA, Japan and Taiwan then assembled in China under strict quality controlled conditions. All components that make contact with food are food safe and BPA free. If you have any other questions just let us know we are more than happy to help! external link  - Many thanks, Team MOD :)

Michael B
Michael B

Lol “assembled in China”.

No thanks!

mafo · MOD Cold Press Juicer

I have been using a Huron Juicer now for many years which has finally given up - we do a great deal of juicing - celery and ginger has always been a challenge, often the fibre backing up and blocking the machine, how does the MOD deal with this? Also how long can you juice for continuously? we will sometimes do a few days worth at once - this can take nearly an hour....

Ah Mazing
Ah Mazing

Hey mafo, We are carrot, celery, ginger, beetroot, apple, capsicum juicers 3 times a week generating about 800mls per session about 5-10mins. The MOD unit has an excellent exhaust of fibers, but the trick is to ensure you cut you celery (and stringy fruits/vegies) into smaller chunks. One advantage of the MOD is the cleaning brush that comes with the purchase. One end is the brush and the other is more of a chisel shape that perfectly fits into the fibre exhaust which allows you to also extract any fiber blocking the chute while juicing. We have never, in two years, had a blockage that stopped us cold pressing.

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Mafo, some great tips above - thank you Ah Mazing!! Completely agree, if you ensure your ginger and celery are both cut to 1 inch / 2.5 cm and feed gradually you will get great results. Here is a demo video of Making Celery Juice in a MOD Cold Press Juicer external link  If you require any support, our Customer Care Team are here to help! We can offer plenty of tips re cleaning too, however the vast majority of our customers find the MOD easy to look after external link  Many thanks, Team MOD :)

Pilar A.
Pilar A. · MOD Cold Press Juicer

I'm so disappointed and upset
I unpacked the MOD appliance today.
I peeled 4 oranges and a couple of pineapples.
The cold press only worked for not even 5 minutes. I left it for a few hours before I tried it again and it still doesn't work at all.
$449 is a large investment on an appliance that only worked for less than 5 minutes
Can someone please call me back to sort out this major issue as soon as possible.

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Pilar, thank you for reaching out - we're sorry to hear that you haven't had a good experience with your MOD Cold Press Juicer so far! The good news is that the issue you describe can be easily addressed with some light troubleshooting. We'll be in touch today to assist! Many thanks - Team MOD :)

Mary · MOD Cold Press Juicer

Our juicer bowl and top have become stuck, we are unable to separate. When we turn to unlock it won't budge

Disappointed

This is most unusual....it has never happened to me in more than 4 years. Try to run the juicer in reverse fort at least one minute....on my model I have to press the button for reverse and keep it pressed.

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Mary, sorry to hear this has happened! Please contact our Customer Care Team for assistance - you can email info@modappliances.com or call 1300 89 89 60 during business hours. In addition to Disappointed's suggestion, you could try running some warm (not boiling) water through the juicer, with jugs in place. Turn ON and into REV and see if this helps.

If not, a brief video to show assembly and your attempts to disassemble would be very helpful too if you are willing! If you find the video is too big to send via email, we recommend using WeTransfer external link . It is a totally free file transfer site that is really easy to use. We look forward to assisting you!

Many thanks - Team MOD

Mary

Thanks Team MOD, I actually did the warm water yesterday and was able to separate :)

Jennifer H.
Jennifer H. · MOD Cold Press Juicer

I purchased and received a new mod juicer on the 3rd Jan 2023. I have followed the instructions (chopped up fruit and vege small and fed through slowly, only used for less than 20mins) and was able to use the machine twice. However today the machine wont turn on. I checked that the lid is secured properly and lined up. I dismantled the juicer and put together a few times. But no luck. Can anyone please advise if there is something else i should try? I have contacted MOD customer service number and left a message to call me back.

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your question! The problem you describe suggests that a very small tweak to assembly is needed. We hope that this has now been resolved for you with our Customer Care Team, however if you need any further support please call 1300 89 89 60 during our opening hours or email info@modappliances.com. Many thanks - Team MOD :)

Shristi G.
Shristi G. · MOD Cold Press Juicer (MOD-Gen)

Hey has anyone compared mod with nama j2? Stuck in choosing. Nama j2 seems efficent and great but its from the states so the delivery and dollar rate sums up to 990aud. Nama made from south korea which is said to be super durable and reliable.. mod is local and joins all the parts tgt in china. But thr chute for mod looks small and have to cut the fruits n veg so small.. which wojld take alot of time i think. But also.. man i dont know lol

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Shristi G, Thanks for your interest in our product! We cannot speak for other brands' products but let us point out some of the highlights of our MOD Cold Press Juicer.

- Award winning high-quality juicers and a proud recipient of the "Juicer of the Year" Award for 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017 from the independent review site ProductReview.com.au;

- This means we had the highest rated products and best reviews in our categories for that year;

- We are proud to offer a 20 year motor and 5 year parts and labour warranty

- We offer a 28 day full refund return policy for customers that are unsatisfied with the product where it has not performed as described

- Australian owned and run with a friendly team providing customer support based in Melbourne, always here to provide you with product support!

We'd love for you to give our juicer a go so if there are any questions we can answer for you please let us know, we're happy to assist :) you can call us on 1300 89 89 60 during normal business hours (AEST) or email info@modappliances.com.

Many thanks,
Team MOD

Michelle
Michelle · MOD Cold Press Juicer (MOD-Gen)

Hi, are the parts that squeeze the juice plastic or stainless steel?

Disappointed

Hi Michelle, it is a combination of both. The plastic parts are very tough and durable.

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Michelle, thanks for your question! What @Disappointed advised is correct. The lid and bowl are made of Tritan, which is a BPA free food grade plastic. The Auger and strainer are made of Ultem PEI which is a very tough food safe material! We hope this helps. You are welcome to email info@modappliances.com if you have any further queries! Many thanks - Team MOD :)

Winnie T.
Winnie T. · MOD Cold Press Juicer (MOD-Gen)

Hi there, how do you wash the juicer? Could you run it under hot tap water or put all the parts in the dishwasher? Many thanks

Hi Winnie,
I always clean it once taken apart....I use warm flowing water from the tap and a soft brush. It takes some time but in my view it is important to keep it as clean as possible. I also often use Soda Bicarb with water. I hope it helps.

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi @Winnie T., thank you for getting in touch! We recommend handwashing your top section parts as this will extend the life of the BPA free plastic parts in particular and spare all parts from chips and damage that can occur in a dishwasher. We provide a specialised cleaning brush for hard to reach places which is particularly helpful for the bowl and filter. Removing the pulp tab from the base of the juicer bowl before juicing helps water to flush through the pulp chute. As @Disappointed mentioned bicarb soda is a great option, you can also spray the parts in vinegar occasionally for a deeper clean! A non-scratch scourer can be a very useful tool, also. Here is a quick demo video of cleaning the MOD Cold Press Juicer external link  Many thanks - Team MOD :)

Natalie S.
Natalie S. · MOD Cold Press Juicer

Does it come with a U.K. plug?

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Natalie, thank you for your query and interest in our MOD Cold Press Juicer! Great question. At this stage only an EU adapter is included with juicers sold and dispatched from our warehouse in the EU. You would need to purchase a UK adapter (EU to UK) however the juicer's power ratings are appropriate for use in the UK with use of UK adapter.

Please visit modappliances.co.uk and if you have any other queries please reach out, we're happy to help! You can email hi@modappliances.com

We hope you'll become a member of the MOD Community!

Many thanks,
Team MOD

Jack H.
Jack H. · MOD Cold Press Juicer

Hi just received my mod cold press juicer today, have made about one litre of juice and it won’t turn in anymore. Was sure not to put anything to big through it. I’ve made sure every part is locked in correctly. Only ran for about 10 minutes before it cut out. Is this broken?

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi Jack, we're sorry to hear this has happened! We don't need to assume that it is faulty or broken at this stage, there may be an easy fix that some light troubleshooting can address. We don't have your contact details unfortunately, can you please call us on 1300 89 89 60 or email info@modappliances.com so that we can address this for you? We are open until 5pm AEST. We look forward to resolving this for you! Many thanks - Team MOD

NSinik
NSinik · MOD Cold Press Juicer (MOD-Gen)

Hi guys,
Please provide some tips to help make the most of the juicer's run time.
Thanks for your time
Regards
Nick

MOD Appliances   DM

Hi NSinik, thank you for your question - it's a great one! For shorter juicing sessions you can do all your produce preparation before you turn on the juicer, if you choose.

Here's the main tip - the juicer does not need to be on when there's no produce being added! You want to limit the time it is on for when it is actively turning produce into cold press juice for you.

For longer juicing sessions (more produce, more juice), you may choose to prepare your produce in batches. By this we mean switching the juicer off while you prepare the next batch, to allow the motor base to cool when not in use.

The juicer is only warming while the motor is on, and it does not need to be while produce is being prepared. Doing it in intervals allows you to prepare batches of produce (potentially for different varieties of juice) while allowing the juicer to cool between goes.

We can juice several litres in a row this way! Please let us know if you have any further queries, we're happy to assist. Otherwise Happy Juicing! - Team MOD

Get an answer from our members and MOD Appliances representatives

Select a listing for your question
MOD Cold Press Juicer