Mod Cold Press Juicer

Mod Cold Press Juicer Questions & Answers (page 3 of 4)

Gen 3, Gen 1, Gen 2
4.8 from 201 reviews · View Details

70 questions from our users

DannyNasked

Hi there,

Just wanted to ask some question regarding the mod juicer.

1. Can it make garlic purée
2. Can grind herbs and spices (wet or dry)?

Thanks,

Danny

Scott
Scott

Hi Danny yes I have made garlic puree with this it does a great job. As for spices I haven't tried as yet.

DannyN

Thank you for your answer.

caterz
caterz

Hi Danny, to be completely honest I don't know. I only juice with it , I have put parsley and coriander in it but only for their juice. I would recommend a food processor or a cheaper version of a bullet for what you are asking. I must say though before I purchased I called mod up with my own list of questions and their customer service was exceptional.

Kazasked

Cold Press Juicer

I would like to purchase one if these today. Is there a stockist in Perth Western Australia I can purchase one?

Hi Kaz,

Sorry we don't have any stockists in Perth, but you could purchase from our online store www.modjuicer.com.au and you would receive your juicer in around 2- 3 days.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Russted
Russted

I bought mine directly from MOD. No problems at all. Arrived wi8thin a week, beautifully packed.

Kaz

Thank you...it's on its way...Kaz

Letsgoasked

Cold Press Juicer

My juicer has some slight movement in the top section when juicing which cause a slight rubbing of plastic on plastic noise, was wondering if anyone else had this issue?

Hi there, from what you've described there may be an issue with one of the parts or with the assembly. We would like to know more about the problem you're describing, if you could call through to customer service on 1300 89 89 60 we'll help you resolve it immediately. Thanks!

Hi there,

So far we haven't had any problems with our juicer

Letsgo

Thanks David for your reply. I just needed to know if it was normal or not. I've been in touch with Mod Juicer and they have requested it get sent back and are sending a replacement. So hopefully the new one will be fine. Appreciate your reply. :)

Letsgoasked

Cold Press Juicer

I’m looking at buying a vertical cold press juicer and comparing it with several other brands. The Mod certainly has a lot of good reviews. Just have a few questions.
Does the Mod have a reverse function if food does get stuck?
Is food getting stuck or caught an issue?
Has any one had any issues with juicing beetroot? Can it be put in whole or does in need to be chopped up?
Some vertical wide mouth cold press juicers say to soak things like carrots in water. Is this required with the Mod?
How dry is the pulp as it’s not as slow rpm as some other vertical cold press juicers so I want to know if this difference really matters?

Hi, thanks for your questions!

Yes, Mod Cold Press has a reverse function, so if anything gets stuck you can quickly unblock it and resume juicing. Beetroot can definitely be juiced, it is better to cut into a few smaller pieces first though. It isn't necessary to soak carrots before juicing them, and the pulp generally will be very dry, with a high percentage of juice extracted from the produce.

Thanks again, if you have any further questions feel free to give our customer service a call on 1300 89 89 60.

Letsgo

Thanks for your response, one other question which no one seems to mention. With cleaning once finished juicing or in between changing juices can you pour water into the tube for a quick rinse, with the tap closed. I noticed several other models say you can which I think would make the finally clean up quicker. Thanks.

Hi again,

Yes you can, and that does help clean as a quick rinse. Its also useful for making different kinds of juices in the same batch.
Thanks again for your interest in Mod Cold Press Juicer!

JoAnna

JoAnnaasked

Hi
My mod juicer keeps screeching,I have made sue it is assembled properly but doesn't seem to make any difference. Any help?

Hi JoAnna

Your juicer should not be making a screeching sound, our customer service will call you shortly.

Claire G
Claire G

Hey! Mine was doing the same, but I worked it out. It’s the apple peel or sometimes beetroot skin. I just cut my apple up a little bit and peel the beetroot. Hope that helps!

Letsgo

The point with this juicer and it’s advertised as such is the things don’t need to be peeled or cut up small. I’ve quartered my apples and beetroot and it makes the same noise even with carrot. I’ll be calling Mod in the morning to sort it out. When it’s making that noise it’s worth that my standard other juicer. Does make great juice.

Karen

Karenasked

Cold Press Juicer

Hi there, where can I buy one from?

Thanks for replying Angela! - Yep we are available at www.modjuicer.com.au
Thanks for the questions Karen!

Jules

Julesasked

Cold Press Juicer

Does this machine make fresh fruit sorbet like the Champion?

Angela

Yes it does. Check out the website as it has more info and videos

Dave

Daveasked

Cold Press Juicer

Is anyone else suspicious of the fact this unit is "Sponsored", some of the comments don't make logical sense and seem quite similar, the unit appears to be a direct copy of the Kuvings Juicer and that it's near impossible to find out the country of manufacture and history of the manufacturer? I could be wrong but it made me spooked enough to go with the original design and get the Kuvings.

Mod Customer ExperienceMod

Dear Dave, we are sorry we didn't get the chance to talk with you about your query before you made your purchase decision, we hope you have success with your Kuvings purchase! We would like to answer your questions in case someone else has a similar query. Mod is an Australian owned and operated business, the Mod Cold Press Juicer was designed to provide a high quality juicer at a low cost to make cold press juicing available to everyone. Manufacturing occurs in our China Operations Centre which is overseen by Australian staff on the ground in China to ensure ethical manufacturing processes and high level of quality assurance is occurring inline with our company values. We hope to see you as a Mod customer some time in the future!

Tezzasked

Cold Press Juicer

Hi. I can't find the payment options in official page. Only immediate payment. Can you tell me where to look? Thanks.

Mod Customer ExperienceMod

Hi Tezz, thanks for your question!

We offer Credit Card, Poli, Paypal and Afterpay.

For Afterpay, more details can be found here: https://modjuicer.com.au/pages/what-is-afterpay. Rather than pay for your new juicer in full when you order, with Afterpay you can pay over 4 equal fortnightly installments, interest free.

Thanks again for your enquiry.

Clair

Clairasked

Cold Press Juicer

There have been issues with similar style juicers' parts cracking during use. Has anyone had this problem with the Mod. Is the plastic a good strong quality?

Anjal
Anjal

Mine hasn't cracked and I've had it for a few months, using twice a week (makimg big batches to last a few days).

Hi Clair
Our machines are made from quality, highly durable materials and also offer a 5 year parts warranty for peace of mind.
Thanks for the question!

Beatrice Hawkins

Beatrice Hawkinsasked

Cold Press Juicer

I was on the verge of purchasing a Hurom which I have been using (on loan from a friend) until I chanced upon your brand online with best reviews. However, could you please advise what do I actually receive with a MOD purchase? It doesn't say or photograph anywhere in your website? And what is the procedure if I need to purchase new parts, an extra cleaning brush/es, etc? Where is the price list for these? Thanks!

Mod Customer ExperienceMod

HI Beatrice, thanks for your question!

With a Mod Cold Press purchase you'll receive the juicer, a pulp jug, juice jug, sorbet/frozen fruit ice cream attachment, an extra sieve, a drink flask. It's quite easy to obtain the extra or replacement parts, accessories such as the brushes we would provide free of charge.

Thanks again for the inquiry!

April

Aprilasked

Cold Press Juicer

Hi, I was wondering how this juicer fairs when juicing soft fruits such as banana, berries, peaches, etc?
Thanks,
April

powchy
powchy

I don't think banana is a good idea as it is a dry fruit with no juices. It will just mash up and come straight out again. Soft fruits are best as it doesn't get stuck inside the machine.

Tezz

I juice my veges etc first and if I want to add a banana I put it in Nutribullet afterwards for a brief blitz..

Michele

Micheleasked

Cold Press Juicer

I am looking at a juicer for apples primarily & maybe up to 30 glasses per day . Which model would you recommend?

Michele

Mod Customer ExperienceMod

Hi Michele, thanks for the question!

Yes Mod Cold Press is perfect for juicing lots of apples. It's also great for juicing leafy greens and other fruit & vegetables, so we only sell the one model.

Thanks again!

Mariaasked

Cold Press Juicer

Hello, i am also choosing between Optimum 600 and MOD. I could not find on website what exactly is included. For example Optimum has 3 Strainers – Course, fine and blank strainers for juicing versatility. Does MOD have only one strainer? Also does it juice celery and other fibre well or such products can clog it?
Thank you in advance.

Hi Maria,
The MOD juicer has 2 filters - a stainless steel mesh filter and plastic rotation wiper for all standard juicing needs, plus another clear plastic filter for making nut milks and sorbets, etc.
It is capable of juicing celery and other high fibrous foods. The user guide recommends cutting such foods into pieces (max. 1/2" width by 5cm length) and alternating between less fibrous foods to prevent clogging. I believe this is standard practice for all juicing models.
This information was summarised from the "product specifications", "FAQ" sections of the website and user guide.

The Optimum juicer has 3/4(?) models in their range... why not make a singularly solid, reliable and quality juicer in one model such as the MOD?
Hope this helps :-)

Maria

As nowadays almost all most popular slow juicer brands are available over the Internet only I am very concerned when, for example, cannot find a proper address (though MOD claims that they are local and based in Melbourne); cannot find where the product is made. Also contact number is for Australia only what means I cannot call from overseas and it is oriented to local market only. The most important for me that I cannot find a name of a CEO and there is a lovely but vague 'Our Story' information without details when it was established and by who.
I could not also find a standard AS/NZS 603335.2.14 (but perhaps this I did not look properly enough).
So it looks as a typical startup company and having a warranty for 20 years I want to make sure that company will still be there if something happens with my juicer.
It looks like a good juicer with a great design. It seems less bulkier than others and chute is 8cm just amazing! At the same time it has quite high price as it's competitors and I just wanted to make sure if I get it i will not be/feel fooled at the end of it. Moreover i am looking for a slow a juicer as a gift and everything should be just perfect :)
I would understand if after all the above MOD will get back with "go and by Optimum" :) but i just wanted to make everything clear and make a purchase when all nuances are sorted for my satisfaction.

Cheers,

Hi Maria,

Yes we are based in Melbourne and we currently only sell through www.modjuicer.com.au, we also have the option for customers to collect from our Melbourne warehouse after purchase. We would be more than happy to give you a call to discuss MOD in more detail with you. If you wish you can send your phone number through our contact form http://modjuicer.com.au/pages/contact-us, or you can call us directly on 1300 89 89 60, whichever is more convenient for you.

Thanks for your interest in Mod Cold Press!

LoElla02asked

Cold Press Juicer

Hi, I ordered the Mod cold press juicer on November 30, 2016. It is December 28, 2016. I still have not receive my order and my credit card had already been charged on the first day of my transaction. The website said fast and free delivery. I sent three emails and no one has contacted me to let me know what's going on. This seems very unprofessional. I'm very disappointed and want my refund return to my card. Has anyone experience this before with this company?

Linasia McCormack

Mod Customer ExperienceMod

HI Linsia, we're sorry about the delay with your juicer arriving in the USA, we believe the delay is due to the busy Christmas period. As we are Australian based and normally sell within Australia, deliveries to the USA are outside of our normal delivery time frames. Again our sincere apologies, we are looking into what's happening with your juicer and will try to call you tomorrow to let you know the situation. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi LoElla02,
Yes - this isn't reflective of my experience with the MOD customer service team at all. They have been courteous, professional and prompt in support of my queries.
I'd suggest contacting them directly... (1300 898 960) to discuss your situation.
Regards,

LoElla02

Hi Dan, thank you for your feedback. I've waited almost a month to find out that the juicer was not coming and the company refunded my money and apologized for the inconvenience; however, this is not how a professional business is conducted.

Linasia

Excited midwife

Excited midwifeasked

Cold Press Juicer

Hi I m just wondering if much froth is produced during the juicing process with this product? The one thing I hate with Nutri bullet is the dreadful froth and my daughter won't drink if any froth or pulp in there. Thank you

Hi there,
In my experience, a small amount of froth and pulp is produced, yet when decanting into a glass or other container, it is easily removed by using a strainer if desired.

Ally
Ally

I hate froth too and I've had no issues with this. Froth is minimal - being a cold press means it isnt whipping the fruit into drinkable stuff via speed action which tends to produce all that horrid froth but actually steadily (if not slowly by the standards of the usual juicing propeller) crushing it with weight - but pulp is unavoidable. There isn't enough pulp produced to bother us but I suppose you could just strain it. It's not 'chunky' in any sense though, in case you're concerned.

Gareth

The Mod cold press masticates the produce which is a slower 'crushing' action that doesn't make the juice frothy. It does, however, contain a certain amount of pulp which is a valuable part of the fibre and nutrients of the juiced fruit and vegetables. You can strain this out as previously suggested but you would then miss out on nutrition. Sadly, we have become accustomed to drinking commercially produced juices that are artificially devoid of pulp and end up being little more than sweet water.

Danasked

Cold Press Juicer

Hi, I'm wondering how long you have been around and is the Mod produced in Australia as well? If not, where is it produced?

Hi Dan,
Not sure what you mean by "how long I've been around"... wish to know my age? How long I've used the MOD juicer, when I posted this review, etc.?
I believe the MOD juicer is made in China.

Dan

I meant how long has Mod been in production?

Steph

Stephasked

Hi
I've been looking into buying a coldpress juicer, as I feel this will be the most beneficial way to extract nutrients as opposed to the other juicers I've owned. Yours looks amazing, but being a single parent, the thought of paying one full payment at once for one like yours seems a bit far fetched for the moment and am wondering if you'd consider doing after pay at all or somewhere in the near future? Thanks :)

Mod Customer ExperienceMod

Hi Steph, thanks for the question! Yes we are already offering After Pay as a payment option. You'll see this as one of the payment options on the checkout page at www.modjuicer.com.au.

Thanks again!

charisse

charisseasked

Cold Press Juicer

My question is - What colour do I choose? haha I am seriously undecided. My kitchen is very neutral hence why I am leaning towards the white. Are the Mod letter in silver? This is is important because If I'm going to have it out on my island bench top, it has to match :p. And also the price is another thing I am contemplating on. This is definitely not a cheap investment.

Hi Charisse! Choosing the right juicer for your kitchen can certainly be a big decision so you are absolutely right to do your research! Mod comes in black or white and the lettering is indeed silver. We find our happy customers choose Mod for a variety of reasons - number one being its quality. Customers also love our contemporary design, the wide chute meaning you don't need to chop, its multifunctions (nut milks, nut butters, sorbets etc.), quick cleaning ability, our wonderful warranty and top customer service. Don't forget we are 100% Aussie owned and run and ship free everywhere in Australia. We don't disappoint! All the very best! Team Mod :)

tomemm
tomemm

Hey yes colour is very important! If you have a neutral kitchen I would definitely go with the white. We also have neutral tones in our kitchen and we purchased the white and it looks really schmick. The lettering is silver and its really smart. Yes its an investment and not the cheapest on the market but its a one off purchase. In 3 years or more when its still going strong will you be worried about the extra 100 or 200 bucks? Not likely.

Garethasked

Cold Press Juicer

Hi Mod, just wanted to confirm that the Mod juicer can also make nut butters and ice cream before I make a final decision to purchase a Mod product?

Hi Gareth,

Yes indeed the Mod Cold Press can make both nut butters and sorbet/frozen ice cream. It comes with an extra 'blank strainer' for this purpose.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Get an answer from our members and Mod representatives