ModWood

Listing monitored by ModWood

8 questions from our users

Cheza
Chezaasked

Our north facing deck was installed a few years ago and have had no problems until now where we appear to have a black mould appearing on the deck. Not sure how to deal with this. Any advice?

ModWood
ModWood T.ModWood

Please refer to Care & Maintenance guide on our website:

Best Regards,
ModWood Technologies

Bob jefcoate
Bob jefcoateasked

We have had a mod wood decking both top and bottom installed the upper level the wind from a West how's through and the decking howls's like anything what causes this

L Davis

Cannot answer why wind howls through but we are very disappointed with our Modwood deck...it certainly is NOT maintenance free & scuffs & marks....was impregnated with red dust from recent bush fires. Very unhappy with product.

bobs

Disappointed with my modwood deck too, wish I had chosen to install a wood deck not modwood. Had it professionally installed, its warped and split where 50% of the screws have been placed, waste of money, told it would last 25 years and it was only 7years old when I started having problems. RE howling try covering part of deck to identify which part is howling, if its isolated to one spot maybe you can install some flashing to stop it. Steel Flashing can be made to any size with different angles of creases from a fabricator, is in most colourbond colours and is pretty cheap.

marypryde45
marypryde45asked

Our local Kingswood Council has used MODWOOD on their public boardwalk near Victory Park, Chelsea. I have been here for 10 years and it still looks perfect. They are planning to put MODWOOD on a new boardwalk further down. I wanted to put a new outdoor deck to replace our 10 years old breaking up merbau, which takes a lot of maintenance.....but now worried by your reviews.

L Davis

I am most unhappy with the product...it fades, during the hot summer it became impregnated with red dust that was blowing around & because of water restrictions we could not hose; it scratches & we have been told the only way to get rid of the scratch marks is to hand sand with fine sandpaper!
I would definitely not recommend & go would investigate other decking materials

Hope this helps

HAJ21

Mary we were all set to get it done and then a friend who is a commercial painter recommended we researched it more as he had seen a lot of residential failures over the years. Maybe they use a different rating for commerical jobs.

HAJ21asked

Thank you everyone for your reviews. Particularly you Wendy. We are in same situation our daughter is in a wheelchair and the assessment done by an OT etc. Thanks for all these reviews we have just stepped away from an $8000 Modwood deck and will look at timber. I'd rather have to do a bit of maintenance than replace a whole deck in a few years time.

bobs

I think that is the best option.

L Davis

I totally agree....terrible product....we either have to “hand sand” the entire deck!!! or will probably end up painting if $80 cleaning product fails

wendy

Glad to hear that I have stopped at least once person/family ending up in the same boat as some of us here....CLASS ACTION sounds like a plan of action

John Redenbach
John Redenbachasked

This has been very helpful as we were considering Modwood as they are re advertising on TV
I will save my money and replace merbue with merbue
Thanks all!

wendy

Glad to hear that I have prevented someone from making the same mistake as we did

Emilie masiasked

Has anyone taken legal action against Modwood? I have had huge issues and they have only offered to replace 1/3 of the affected planks. Splitting, warping, really unsafe.

bobs

can you advise how you are proceeding as I have the same issue, class action maybe?

Bob's email me emiliemasi81@gmail.com

GeorgeJ
GeorgeJasked

Trex composite decking reviews
We are considering installing about 80m2 of Trex around our pool at a large strata residential unit block in Sydney
Mod wood was being considered but dropped because of the negative reviews
Can anyone provide comments on the suitability of Trex please?
George
[email removed]

Loza o.
Loza o.

Trex does not rate for commercial floors. Do not use.

Steve78
Steve78

Wouldn't go near Trex - they've got a class action against them don't they?

Michael L.
Michael L.asked

Modwood has had some bad reviews in the past. Have improvements been made as at July 2019? I have not seen any good reviews.

Emilie masi

Take note of the reviews. Don't risk it.

Get an answer from our members and ModWood representatives