ModWood
See the Best Home Improvement in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ModWood

• Timeliness
  • Rates and Fees

Chose a Different Product

I requested samples from many different composite decking options and put them to the test. I put olive oil on them, red wine, scratched them etc to see how they would stand up to everyday life. Personally the look of Modwood discounted itself straight away for us it is very fake looking and looked more like sanding blocks we also wanted a product that wasn't made in China so we ended up choosing Millboard for our composite deck after doing lots of research

Not value for money

We should feel lucky our deck hasn’t cracked or warped yet but goes mouldy all the time has faded but bought light colour so is ok ours is 6 years old would not recommend this product to anyone as it’s expensive as we are elderly thought it would be easy maintenance but!!!!! So wrong. Jean Jarrett

Modwood No good

I have to keep scrubbing it to look like anything it did at first but has also faded - Put in Modwood 7 years ago. Also green mould is growing on the vertical boards. If a pot plant is left on it there is a ring ma left when removed and this cannot be removed and looked worse as all the scrubbing took away some of the colour of the modwood where scrubbed. I have to clean the lot about every 6-8 months.

Very disappointed.

Can you paint modwood ? I cannot see why as seems porous enough

DIY Futurewood tiles

We laid 4 x 34 sq more on roof decks. Which looked ok in 2015. Now product is oxidising and disintegrating. Now when walked on a sticky black product is left on your feet. Worse when it has been raining. Of course product only has a 1 year warranty unlike the other Futurewood products. So we are left with these rotting tiles. Futurewood have stopped production of these tiles 2015.

Home Improvement

Find out how ModWood compares to other Home Improvement

Cheza
Chezaasked

Our north facing deck was installed a few years ago and have had no problems until now where we appear to have a black mould appearing on the deck. Not sure how to deal with this. Any advice?

ModWood
ModWood T.ModWood

Please refer to Care & Maintenance guide on our website:

Best Regards,
ModWood Technologies

Bob jefcoate
Bob jefcoateasked

We have had a mod wood decking both top and bottom installed the upper level the wind from a West how's through and the decking howls's like anything what causes this

L Davis

Cannot answer why wind howls through but we are very disappointed with our Modwood deck...it certainly is NOT maintenance free & scuffs & marks....was impregnated with red dust from recent bush fires. Very unhappy with product.

bobs
bobs

Disappointed with my modwood deck too, wish I had chosen to install a wood deck not modwood. Had it professionally installed, its warped and split where 50% of the screws have been placed, waste of money, told it would last 25 years and it was only 7years old when I started having problems. RE howling try covering part of deck to identify which part is howling, if its isolated to one spot maybe you can install some flashing to stop it. Steel Flashing can be made to any size with different angles of creases from a fabricator, is in most colourbond colours and is pretty cheap.

marypryde45
marypryde45asked

Our local Kingswood Council has used MODWOOD on their public boardwalk near Victory Park, Chelsea. I have been here for 10 years and it still looks perfect. They are planning to put MODWOOD on a new boardwalk further down. I wanted to put a new outdoor deck to replace our 10 years old breaking up merbau, which takes a lot of maintenance.....but now worried by your reviews.

L Davis

I am most unhappy with the product...it fades, during the hot summer it became impregnated with red dust that was blowing around & because of water restrictions we could not hose; it scratches & we have been told the only way to get rid of the scratch marks is to hand sand with fine sandpaper!
I would definitely not recommend & go would investigate other decking materials

Hope this helps

HAJ21
HAJ21

Mary we were all set to get it done and then a friend who is a commercial painter recommended we researched it more as he had seen a lot of residential failures over the years. Maybe they use a different rating for commerical jobs.

Get an answer from our members and ModWood representatives