ModWood
See the Best Home Improvement in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ModWood

• Rates and Fees
GARY
GARYCentral West, NSW

Average. Better products on market

Before building a new house I requested samples from a number of decking suppliers. This gave me the opportunity to compare both quality and price. Price for all was pretty much similar although quality varied. I would rate Modwood about the middle. I have gone with Decker Dorato which has a great finish. The Decker people also very helpful and price excellent

Rates and Fees

Review collected in partnership with ModWood

Anita
AnitaIllawarra, NSW

To use or not to use...that is the question.

Cheza
Chezaasked

Our north facing deck was installed a few years ago and have had no problems until now where we appear to have a black mould appearing on the deck. Not sure how to deal with this. Any advice?

ModWood
ModWood T.ModWood

Please refer to Care & Maintenance guide on our website:

Best Regards,
ModWood Technologies

Bob jefcoate
Bob jefcoateasked

We have had a mod wood decking both top and bottom installed the upper level the wind from a West how's through and the decking howls's like anything what causes this

L Davis

Cannot answer why wind howls through but we are very disappointed with our Modwood deck...it certainly is NOT maintenance free & scuffs & marks....was impregnated with red dust from recent bush fires. Very unhappy with product.

bobs
bobs

Disappointed with my modwood deck too, wish I had chosen to install a wood deck not modwood. Had it professionally installed, its warped and split where 50% of the screws have been placed, waste of money, told it would last 25 years and it was only 7years old when I started having problems. RE howling try covering part of deck to identify which part is howling, if its isolated to one spot maybe you can install some flashing to stop it. Steel Flashing can be made to any size with different angles of creases from a fabricator, is in most colourbond colours and is pretty cheap.

marypryde45
marypryde45asked

Our local Kingswood Council has used MODWOOD on their public boardwalk near Victory Park, Chelsea. I have been here for 10 years and it still looks perfect. They are planning to put MODWOOD on a new boardwalk further down. I wanted to put a new outdoor deck to replace our 10 years old breaking up merbau, which takes a lot of maintenance.....but now worried by your reviews.

L Davis

I am most unhappy with the product...it fades, during the hot summer it became impregnated with red dust that was blowing around & because of water restrictions we could not hose; it scratches & we have been told the only way to get rid of the scratch marks is to hand sand with fine sandpaper!
I would definitely not recommend & go would investigate other decking materials

Hope this helps

HAJ21
HAJ21

Mary we were all set to get it done and then a friend who is a commercial painter recommended we researched it more as he had seen a lot of residential failures over the years. Maybe they use a different rating for commerical jobs.

Get an answer from our members and ModWood representatives