• Rates and Fees
Alex

AlexSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extra Ordinary Customer Sevrice

We had some issues due to our new home was in an estate that wasn't recognised by the Mojo system.

Daniel spent a lot of time getting things sorted out and after a lot of calls backwards and forwards his knowledge and expertise provided a suitable outcome for the electricity supply to our new home.

Thank you very much Daniel E.

Alex and Gay McLaren

Adam

AdamBrisbane QLD

cancelled account when asking questions

I've rewritten the review to give them the benefit of the doubt, there was a mistake, it has been rectified post pointing the issue out to them. Will update when account progresses.

Team MojoMojo Power

Thanks, Adam. Apologies for the confusion. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Mojo family.

Team Mojo

DID

DIDHunter Region, NSW

Never Again

When we joined we were told that we would pay cheaper rates for electricity and the company made their profit from a monthly charge of $30. They changed this to a supply charge and their rates are now dearer than most. When we put solar on, they did not give us the credit, and when I complained they said on several occasions they would rectify it and never did

Leah H.

Leah H.South East Queensland, QLD

Unable to get in contact with them

Never replied

Not a very clever company, as they have no phone number listed anywhere on their web page, and when I left a message saying that I was interested in having them handle my electricity, so I left the them my mobile number and email, and they still never contacted me back. So was a tad put off them.

Samantha

SamanthaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful doesn’t deserve one star

We had solar installed at our property. After weeks of going back and forth with Mojo they ensured us that it was connected and we would be backdated from the time it was installed. It was not back dated. I emailed them and they again ensured us that they would fix the problem and connect the solar. They did NOT we were charged a full price electricity bill that did not reflect any solar.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
CRob

CRob

I'll stay with Origin thanks

Phoned Mojo to enquire about rates and feed-in tariffs as I was researching a better energy plan. I was able to quickly rule Mojo out. Their "support line" tells you the best way to communicate with them is via email. The other option was to press 9 and leave a message with not even an undertaking that a representative would phone back. I wonder how long it would take to (maybe) get a return call?? Don't companies realise by now that customers hate this kind of rubbish? Easy decision to NOT change to a company that doesn't answer the phone.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
David P

David PSydney, NSW

Confusing, unhelpful

CSR

CSRSydney, NSW

Bait advertising

Promised wholesale rates and then jacked up the prices twice. Now prices offered by other retailers are lower than them. Also they estimate and charge more than twice my actual usage. Stay away from them. I am now paying for a meter read and will be moving to another provider.

Tracey

TraceySydney, NSW

Awful

Bills are ridiculous, had someone come to disconnect and have me 15 min to pay, I was on hold for over an hour and had to pay $333.o struggle to pay over $500 per month as it is and now I have all the extras on top, I have no choice but to go to the ombudsman

Toliman

TolimanHunter Region, NSW

Mojo's Not Awful ... it's mediocre to adequate.

Lynne

LynneSydney

I Am Now A Happy Customer

After some initial difficulties getting someone to return my phone calls, I have to say that I am very happy with MOJO’s Customer Service. Daniel listened to my concerns and then clearly explained why there had been a spike in my monthly bill. And he offered positive suggestions to help overcome the problem in the future. I could not have received better service, so thank you Daniel.

Sachi

SachiBrisbane

False advertisement and too much electrocity bill

I changed to Mojo as I expected the cheapest rate advertised on the website. It could be but actually they charge something else on top every month. I chose other energy company like Ergon, AGL, Origin in the past but Mojo is worst. Simply don't choose it! They are just cheater.
There is no evidence as I didn't take a photo but they said they will give me special discount of $30 when I changed the electricity company. But actually I received $25. People should take a photo of website for evidence otherwise they cheat. You might think only $5? If the organization did to everyone, how much profit they can make?

RoboGloucester

Mojo, I DONT THINK SO

I was with Mojo for 2year,s at the end still did not understand there billing process, under charged one month over charge the next balanced out on the 3 rd., so they say. They will not communicate by phone. I made a contract on 13 th. Aug to change to Momentum took to 28 th Sept. For the change over,then charged $360 for the yearly fee to Aug. 2019. My advise stay away.

Robo

Iam pleased to say Mojo Power did contact ,by phone, yesterday and an amicable parting of the ways was reached.

No service

They will not answer telephone calls and only have a message that you need to email. My account has been disactivated yet they are sending me billing alerts when my power switched to AGL 4 weeks ago! Their website doesn't work most of the time, and yet I have been paying extra for the real-time useage features.

Binni

BinniRichmond-Tweed, NSW

terrible

NO CONTRACT OR EXIT FEES (so they say) $336 taken out of our account. Penalised (exit fee) for the remaining 11 months WHAT A RIP OFF. The service stinks and I would not recommend this company to anybody. There is no verbal communication, it is all digital and they often don't reply

Graham

GrahamWentworth Falls

Completely Unsatisfactory and Misleading Behavior

Worst power company ever

They sound good to make you join.then once you are in its all downhill from there.I got an email saying that their wholesale rate charges had to go up before i even got my first bill .hard to contact only by email and the monthly bills just kept getting higher and higher.Beware of them if you are thinking of joining.

Diamantina

DiamantinaNSW, 2830

Not happy Jan!

Unremarkable pricing. Estimated bills every month.

The concept sounds great, however Mojo’s rates aren’t any better than the discount rates offered by the big retailers in my area. In fact, one retailer offers lower rates than Mojo if I also switch my natural gas account to them.

All retailers are much the same, and they’re all selling you the same electricity from the same network - so I can’t see any advantages in staying with Mojo. Sorry.

Every bill I have received from Mojo is an estimated bill. Why? I enquired on one occasion and told my meter was unable to be accessed. My electricity meter is easily accessible. I do not recall ever receiving an estimated bill from my previous provider.

JanL

JanLasked

Account 610130012193 Mojo - want to check account online...how

Sassy

Sassyasked

Can someone help me, I'm failing to see how we would save on average $150 - $200 per quarter ??. Mojo daily usage charge is 59.14 vs AGL 98.51 so 39.37 difference, using an average of a 90 day quarter this equals a saving of almost $36. Now usage. The average usage in my area for a house of 4 people = 21.6 kW per day = 1944 KW per quarter. Now comparing there rate of 20.24 per KW with our suppliers 24.61 KW = a difference of 4.3c per KW. 1944 x 4.3c = a saving of $77.76. So add the savings $39.37 + $77.76 = $117 savings per quarter. But now take away 3 $35 monthly "basic energy pass savings" $105. That's only a saving of $12 per quarter ? And considering my current electricity company offers me 11% off my electricity bill it seems I'm actually worse off ???? How are people claiming they save hundreds of dollars ???

karl
karl

this is right but look at the rates for kw used most suppliers increase the price once you go over ???kw mojo rates actuall decrease this is where you can save some money. the 150-200 per quarter not sure how they get this though

Alyssa
Alyssa

I can only go off our bill outcome Sassy, We do save a lot but we are also what you would consider a 'high energy' user family. Our bills where extremely high with our last energy provider, and our most highest bill has still been cheaper than our cheapest bill has last provider. I can only go off our personal savings comparing apples with apples so to speak. It may not be in your case if you have compared your bills, but in my case we have saved a lot of money. I find them friendly and quick to email so I personally would even email them your question they may be able to explain - tell you if it's worth it in your case; although personally you seem to be able to do your own sums so you may have answered your own question already - but know we as a family have personally saved this much from our old energy supplier - we weren't with AGL though.

Mojo PowerMojo Power

Hi Sassy, thanks for your question. As Karl and Alyssa mention above, the households most likely to see higher savings are those with greater usage - although many more people will find Mojo cheaper than their current provider. It does depend on several factors, including your usage, area and level of discount with your current provider. We can provide you with a detailed quote if you like - if you send a recent bill to hello@mojopower.com.au, our sales team will get back to you right away. Thanks

Nanette

Nanetteasked

Is mojo green energy supplier?

AC

Hello Nanette. I didn't know the answer to that one, but I checked the responses on their website and I found this answer:

"We don’t have a green power product just yet. It is in production but I don’t have a date for when this will be avail."

Regards,

Mojo PowerMojo Power

Hi Nanette, thanks for getting in touch. At this stage, we do not offer a green energy product - our power comes from the grid, so has the same mix of renewable and non-renewable energy as other retailers. However, our future plans do lie with solar and battery solutions, so watch this space.

Get an answer from our members and Mojo Power representatives