Mojo Power Questions & Answers

Llewellyn E.

Any idea when the solar contribution will start to show on the graphs (white parts). Its been months since that worked.

Mojo Power   DM

Hi Llewellyn, Thanks for your question. We apologise for the inconvenience - the solar self consumption estimate in the app is based on weather data provided by the Bureau of Meteorology and, due to a change in that data, requires some work to correct the flow between data and app.

I don't have an exact date yet but our tech team is working on it and I've been advised it could take around 4 weeks to test and ensure it is working correctly.

Please note that your actual bills are not affected, and neither your actual Solar Exports. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Thanks.

Llewellyn E.

How odd., you said 4 weeks to me in July 2021. So I’m having a problem believing you.

Chris L

Has anybody actually got the Mojo Power app up and running. Are you happy with the metering if you have?

Brendan F.
Brendan F.

What do you mean by "up and running" . I installed the app, and it shows my usage to date (after raising issue with support because initially it showed nothing) - as in my review it's completely incorrect and reporting way more usage than is true for the last four days. The "real time" does not work and according to reviews and blog sites I can find has been broken for some time.

Chris L

Up and running means working correctly. Obviously yours isn't either, along with mine and, it appears many others. Thanks for that, time for a change methinks.

Zohan Dvir

Has anyone been able to access Real Time Data from the Mojo Power App to access live usage data?

Chris L

I haven't. I have been told a recent update was responsible for it not working but have not been given a fix date. You cannot access it online either. I advised them that I would be transferring my account if not fixed soon. I guy I'll give them until next Friday which should be enough time to see if they are fair dinkum or not.Have you ever been able to use it since you joined?

chris
chris

after a lot of wasted hours i found out that if you email a copy of your bill to hello@mojopower.com.au and put Bill Comparison in the subject they will email you back with their best plan and pricing

Thanks Chris
I am a new customer (well 3 months in) and I am still waiting to see RealTime data. Mojo promised to look into it but 6 weeks later said “you may not be able to access real time data feature all the time” however I have never been able to connect.
It’s a great feature which helps customers better understand their usage so I only joined them because they promised this feature. When I asked when it would be fixed they said the Metering Team would log the fault but might take 3 weeks to respond. I was also informed “Not getting Real Time Data is common as Real Time(RT) is not a core feature as it relies on many factors outside Mojo's control - weather, location, interference, density, mobile signal strength etc just to name a few.”
I don’t see this outlined anywhere in the marketing material so I feel very disappointed and misled as it is an important feature to me. Mojo has since offered for me to add an aerial to their meter at my considerable cost which is ridiculous! If they don’t fix it I’m looking elsewhere also like so many other ex customers!

Chris L

Thanks for that. I have been with Origin and apart from one 24hr period the app always worked. I'm giving them until my first bill comes in and if its not fixed I'm changing. The rubbish they fed you re weather etc is ridiculous in view of my previous experiences, My personal opinion at present is that if they can't get this working what chance have they got of reading you meter correctly. I've already chosen my new provider if they don't get they act together.

Mojo Power   DM

Hi all, We apologise we have not yet been able to provide you the experience you expected and we do acknowledge we have some isolated issues with the app and portal at the moment that have been challenging for us to rectify. We recognise and understand the added value of being able to access and review your data via tools like our app and portal and we champion and encourage the use of such tools, that put you in control of your electricity usage.

This has no impact on the accuracy of your billing or data we are receiving for your usage from your meter.

We can assure you we are working extremely hard to remedy this hiccup. In-line with one of our cores values, which is transparency, we can only be honest and advise we do not currently have a resolution date to give you and we hope you can extend your patience with us as work to rectify as soon as possible. We will communicate with you as soon as this is resolved and in the meantime our Customer Experience Team are available to assist with any queries 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday via live chat on our website.

Chris L

My problem with this is that it appears that 'everyone' has this problem and its been around for a long time. Don't blame the system as it was all working very well with my last supplier. Its not just the app the info is not accessible when you log in online. All your live chat does is advise us that someone will get back to us in 3-5 working days. I realise that your company is trying to supply cheap power by keeping costs to a minimum so why don't you just scrub your app, advertise you don't have one and then people who need the app will look elsewhere and stop giving you bad reports. Honestly your customer service is total rubbish.

Roxane
Roxane

Not getting any data now.

Jonesy

I agree that Mojo are currently offering the best rates for my household BUT they do not accept customers with Life Support Machines eg CPAP for sleep apnea. Can someone confirm if this is correct.

Chris L

I think you will find out it's the energy supplier and not retailers who handle this. The retailer should advise the supplier so they can advise you of an impending outrage. I doubt any supplier can guarantee a continuous supply, think lightning strikes. I think it's there job to advise you so you can use another supply, say batteries or generator.

Jonesy

I am with Ausgrid in NSW and they have confirmed that if I supply a government rebate form to the retailer I will be on their records. I am with another retailer at the moment so Ausgrid already have my details anyway. Mojo will not accept the Government Rebate Forms.

JanL
JanL

Account 610130012193 Mojo - want to check account online...how

Sassy
Sassy

Can someone help me, I'm failing to see how we would save on average $150 - $200 per quarter ??. Mojo daily usage charge is 59.14 vs AGL 98.51 so 39.37 difference, using an average of a 90 day quarter this equals a saving of almost $36. Now usage. The average usage in my area for a house of 4 people = 21.6 kW per day = 1944 KW per quarter. Now comparing there rate of 20.24 per KW with our suppliers 24.61 KW = a difference of 4.3c per KW. 1944 x 4.3c = a saving of $77.76. So add the savings $39.37 + $77.76 = $117 savings per quarter. But now take away 3 $35 monthly "basic energy pass savings" $105. That's only a saving of $12 per quarter ? And considering my current electricity company offers me 11% off my electricity bill it seems I'm actually worse off ???? How are people claiming they save hundreds of dollars ???

karl
karl

this is right but look at the rates for kw used most suppliers increase the price once you go over ???kw mojo rates actuall decrease this is where you can save some money. the 150-200 per quarter not sure how they get this though

Alyssa
Alyssa

I can only go off our bill outcome Sassy, We do save a lot but we are also what you would consider a 'high energy' user family. Our bills where extremely high with our last energy provider, and our most highest bill has still been cheaper than our cheapest bill has last provider. I can only go off our personal savings comparing apples with apples so to speak. It may not be in your case if you have compared your bills, but in my case we have saved a lot of money. I find them friendly and quick to email so I personally would even email them your question they may be able to explain - tell you if it's worth it in your case; although personally you seem to be able to do your own sums so you may have answered your own question already - but know we as a family have personally saved this much from our old energy supplier - we weren't with AGL though.

Mojo Power   DM

Hi Sassy, thanks for your question. As Karl and Alyssa mention above, the households most likely to see higher savings are those with greater usage - although many more people will find Mojo cheaper than their current provider. It does depend on several factors, including your usage, area and level of discount with your current provider. We can provide you with a detailed quote if you like - if you send a recent bill to hello@mojopower.com.au, our sales team will get back to you right away. Thanks

latte_oz
latte_oz

I'm with you on this one Sassy. I just looked at the rates for Mojo, and although their daily usage rate is wholesale (which is approximately half what other providers charge), their Energy Pass cost makes up for it, particularly the premium pass. I'm not yet sure of our usage rates because we don't move in until end of March, but currently researching different provider offerings. Mojo, I'm not sure how you can claim 'no lock-in contracts' when your Energy Pass charges are non-refundable. If I was to pay 12 months up front for an Energy Pass and cancel my service after the first 3 months, I (assume) would not receive a refund of the remaining 75% of my Pass. That would equate to a termination fee/contract release fee.

Mince
Mince

I am glad you did the long math before choosing to sign up. A scam, a rip-off. These people need to be shut down and run out of town. I have seen emails from them asking for reviews and I do not doubt some of these short and sweet 5 star reviews here have been paid for.

Bazza
Bazza

You are correct, there is not a big saving with MOJO, concidering the $ 280 payment up front.

Nanette
Nanette

Is mojo green energy supplier?

AC

Hello Nanette. I didn't know the answer to that one, but I checked the responses on their website and I found this answer:

"We don’t have a green power product just yet. It is in production but I don’t have a date for when this will be avail."

Regards,

Mojo Power   DM

Hi Nanette, thanks for getting in touch. At this stage, we do not offer a green energy product - our power comes from the grid, so has the same mix of renewable and non-renewable energy as other retailers. However, our future plans do lie with solar and battery solutions, so watch this space.

Get an answer from our members and Mojo Power representatives

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now