Mojo Power (page 2 of 6)

• Rates and Fees
DID
DIDHunter Region, NSW

Never Again

When we joined we were told that we would pay cheaper rates for electricity and the company made their profit from a monthly charge of $30. They changed this to a supply charge and their rates are now dearer than most. When we put solar on, they did not give us the credit, and when I complained they said on several occasions they would rectify it and never did

Leah H.
Leah H.South East Queensland, QLD

Unable to get in contact with them

Never replied

Not a very clever company, as they have no phone number listed anywhere on their web page, and when I left a message saying that I was interested in having them handle my electricity, so I left the them my mobile number and email, and they still never contacted me back. So was a tad put off them.

Samantha
SamanthaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful doesn’t deserve one star

We had solar installed at our property. After weeks of going back and forth with Mojo they ensured us that it was connected and we would be backdated from the time it was installed. It was not back dated. I emailed them and they again ensured us that they would fix the problem and connect the solar. They did NOT we were charged a full price electricity bill that did not reflect any solar.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back

CRob
CRob

I'll stay with Origin thanks

Phoned Mojo to enquire about rates and feed-in tariffs as I was researching a better energy plan. I was able to quickly rule Mojo out. Their "support line" tells you the best way to communicate with them is via email. The other option was to press 9 and leave a message with not even an undertaking that a representative would phone back. I wonder how long it would take to (maybe) get a return call?? Don't companies realise by now that customers hate this kind of rubbish? Easy decision to NOT change to a company that doesn't answer the phone.

ServicesElectricity and Solar Buy-Back
David P
David PSydney, NSW

Confusing, unhelpful

CSR
CSRSydney, NSW

Bait advertising

Promised wholesale rates and then jacked up the prices twice. Now prices offered by other retailers are lower than them. Also they estimate and charge more than twice my actual usage. Stay away from them. I am now paying for a meter read and will be moving to another provider.

Rates and Fees

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Tracey
TraceySydney, NSW

Awful

Bills are ridiculous, had someone come to disconnect and have me 15 min to pay, I was on hold for over an hour and had to pay $333.o struggle to pay over $500 per month as it is and now I have all the extras on top, I have no choice but to go to the ombudsman

Toliman
TolimanHunter Region, NSW

Mojo's Not Awful ... it's mediocre to adequate.

Lynne
LynneSydney

I Am Now A Happy Customer

After some initial difficulties getting someone to return my phone calls, I have to say that I am very happy with MOJO’s Customer Service. Daniel listened to my concerns and then clearly explained why there had been a spike in my monthly bill. And he offered positive suggestions to help overcome the problem in the future. I could not have received better service, so thank you Daniel.

Sachi
SachiBrisbane

False advertisement and too much electrocity bill

I changed to Mojo as I expected the cheapest rate advertised on the website. It could be but actually they charge something else on top every month. I chose other energy company like Ergon, AGL, Origin in the past but Mojo is worst. Simply don't choose it! They are just cheater.
There is no evidence as I didn't take a photo but they said they will give me special discount of $30 when I changed the electricity company. But actually I received $25. People should take a photo of website for evidence otherwise they cheat. You might think only $5? If the organization did to everyone, how much profit they can make?

RoboGloucester

Mojo, I DONT THINK SO

I was with Mojo for 2year,s at the end still did not understand there billing process, under charged one month over charge the next balanced out on the 3 rd., so they say. They will not communicate by phone. I made a contract on 13 th. Aug to change to Momentum took to 28 th Sept. For the change over,then charged $360 for the yearly fee to Aug. 2019. My advise stay away.

Robo

Iam pleased to say Mojo Power did contact ,by phone, yesterday and an amicable parting of the ways was reached.

No service

They will not answer telephone calls and only have a message that you need to email. My account has been disactivated yet they are sending me billing alerts when my power switched to AGL 4 weeks ago! Their website doesn't work most of the time, and yet I have been paying extra for the real-time useage features.

Binni
BinniRichmond-Tweed, NSW

terrible

NO CONTRACT OR EXIT FEES (so they say) $336 taken out of our account. Penalised (exit fee) for the remaining 11 months WHAT A RIP OFF. The service stinks and I would not recommend this company to anybody. There is no verbal communication, it is all digital and they often don't reply

Graham
GrahamWentworth Falls

Completely Unsatisfactory and Misleading Behavior

Worst power company ever

They sound good to make you join.then once you are in its all downhill from there.I got an email saying that their wholesale rate charges had to go up before i even got my first bill .hard to contact only by email and the monthly bills just kept getting higher and higher.Beware of them if you are thinking of joining.

Diamantina
DiamantinaNSW, 2830

Not happy Jan!

Unremarkable pricing. Estimated bills every month.

The concept sounds great, however Mojo’s rates aren’t any better than the discount rates offered by the big retailers in my area. In fact, one retailer offers lower rates than Mojo if I also switch my natural gas account to them.

All retailers are much the same, and they’re all selling you the same electricity from the same network - so I can’t see any advantages in staying with Mojo. Sorry.

Every bill I have received from Mojo is an estimated bill. Why? I enquired on one occasion and told my meter was unable to be accessed. My electricity meter is easily accessible. I do not recall ever receiving an estimated bill from my previous provider.

Dickson
Dicksonsydney

Beware: rip-off

I don't understand why this company has so many rave reviews. I was lured to join this company for a whole year and the price has been kept on rising. I needed to pay on average $200 per month for a 2 bedroom unit (located in Sydney) without air conditioner. In the end, I decided to switch to Origin starting from 2 months back. And the electricity bill turned out only to be around $100 per month even I have used a newly installed air-conditioner. I am highly skeptical about the positive reviews in this website.

Justin
JustinTweed Heads

Poor service

They offer to upgrade your meter for free then when you ask for more info. They cancel the upgrade and then ask for $150 to now do it. Rip off!!! You also cannot ring anyone, email only, which can go unanswered for hours.

nutcase
nutcase

RECORD INCREASE ON SUPPLY CHARGE now over $2.00 a day!!

Dear MOJO,
You have increased your daily access from 85 cents to new heights, OVER $2.00 per day !!!!
You are trying every possible way to get more money out of us, fair or unfair, this time by increasing the daily supply charge to new heights. Looking at other electricity retailers, you hit the number one spot by being the most expensive .
Confusing power bills, they keep changing and you can't check the meter numbers as every month they're reset back to zero.
Energy Pass??? What Energy Pass !!!
Wholesale Electricity??? My ....!!!
This company had so much potential, then they became greedy.
Time to start shopping around again!

mrsscollins
mrsscollinsSydney Surrounds, NSW

So Disappointed So angry

Greg.R
Greg.RSydney, NSW

so called wholesale electricity prices at retail rates

I have just compared electricity rates and now have moved from Mojo for the fact the current plan I have selected is 2 cents cheaper/kw with discounts than Mojo and when you factor in the subscription fee which is around $30/month the difference in meter rental cost was around $15 extra so I also saved $15 on this. monthly payement are useless as there estimate can be way out. no other incentives are offered.
surprises me they call it "wholesale rates"

Ros
Roshallidays point

Terrible customer service

All the horror stories are TRUE