2.8

45% · 6778 · 53%

Tracey
TraceySydney, NSW

Awful

Bills are ridiculous, had someone come to disconnect and have me 15 min to pay, I was on hold for over an hour and had to pay $333.o struggle to pay over $500 per month as it is and now I have all the extras on top, I have no choice but to go to the ombudsman Show details

Toliman
TolimanHunter Region, NSW11 posts
Lynne
LynneSydney16 posts

I Am Now A Happy Customer

After some initial difficulties getting someone to return my phone calls, I have to say that I am very happy with MOJO’s Customer Service. Daniel listened to my concerns and then clearly explained why there had been a spike in my monthly bill. And he offered positive suggestions to help overcome the problem in the future. I could not have received better service, so thank you Daniel.

Sachi
SachiBrisbane

False advertisement and too much electrocity bill

I changed to Mojo as I expected the cheapest rate advertised on the website. It could be but actually they charge something else on top every month. I chose other energy company like Ergon, AGL, Origin in the past but Mojo is worst. Simply don't choose it! They are just cheater.

There is no evidence as I didn't take a photo but they said they will give me special discount of $30 when I changed the electricity company. But actually I received $25. People should take a photo of website for evidence otherwise they cheat. You might think only $5? If the organization did to everyone, how much profit they can make?

Robo
RoboGloucester2 posts

Mojo, I DONT THINK SO

I was with Mojo for 2year,s at the end still did not understand there billing process, under charged one month over charge the next balanced out on the 3 rd., so they say. They will not communicate by phone. I made a contract on 13 th. Aug to change to Momentum took to 28 th Sept. For the change over,then charged $360 for the yearly fee to Aug. 2019. My advise stay away.

Rowan
Rowan

No service

They will not answer telephone calls and only have a message that you need to email. My account has been disactivated yet they are sending me billing alerts when my power switched to AGL 4 weeks ago! Their website doesn't work most of the time, and yet I have been paying extra for the real-time useage features.

Binni
BinniSouth East Queensland, QLD30 posts

terrible

NO CONTRACT OR EXIT FEES (so they say) $336 taken out of our account. Penalised (exit fee) for the remaining 11 months WHAT A RIP OFF. The service stinks and I would not recommend this company to anybody. There is no verbal communication, it is all digital and they often don't reply

Graham
GrahamWentworth Falls36 posts

Mos
Mos

Worst power company ever

They sound good to make you join.then once you are in its all downhill from there.I got an email saying that their wholesale rate charges had to go up before i even got my first bill .hard to contact only by email and the monthly bills just kept getting higher and higher.Beware of them if you are thinking of joining.

Diamantina
DiamantinaNSW, 28309 posts

Barry
BarryNSW

Unremarkable pricing. Estimated bills every month

The concept sounds great, however Mojo’s rates aren’t any better than the discount rates offered by the big retailers in my area. In fact, one retailer offers lower rates than Mojo if I also switch my natural gas account to them.

All retailers are much the same, and they’re all selling you the same electricity from the same network - so I can’t see any advantages in staying with Mojo. Sorry.

Every bill I have received from Mojo is an estimated bill. Why? I enquired on one occasion and told my meter was unable to be accessed. My electricity meter is easily accessible. I do not recall ever receiving an estimated bill from my previous provider.

Dickson
Dicksonsydney

Beware: rip-off

I don't understand why this company has so many rave reviews. I was lured to join this company for a whole year and the price has been kept on rising. I needed to pay on average $200 per month for a 2 bedroom unit (located in Sydney) without air conditioner. In the end, I decided to switch to Origin starting from 2 months back. And the electricity bill turned out only to be around $100 per month even I have used a newly installed air-conditioner. I am highly skeptical about the positive reviews in this website.

Justin
JustinTweed Heads

Poor service

They offer to upgrade your meter for free then when you ask for more info. They cancel the upgrade and then ask for $150 to now do it. Rip off!!! You also cannot ring anyone, email only, which can go unanswered for hours.

nutcase
nutcase5 posts

RECORD INCREASE ON SUPPLY CHARGE now over $2.00 a day!!

Dear MOJO,

You have increased your daily access from 85 cents to new heights, OVER $2.00 per day !!!!

You are trying every possible way to get more money out of us, fair or unfair, this time by increasing the daily supply charge to new heights. Looking at other electricity retailers, you hit the number one spot by being the most expensive .

Confusing power bills, they keep changing and you can't check the meter numbers as every month they're reset back to zero.

Energy Pass??? What Energy Pass !!!

Wholesale Electricity??? My ....!!!

This company had so much potential, then they became greedy.

Time to start shopping around again!

mrsscollins
mrsscollinsSydney Surrounds, NSW36 posts
Greg.R
Greg.RSydney, NSW4 posts

so called wholesale electricity prices at retail rates

I have just compared electricity rates and now have moved from Mojo for the fact the current plan I have selected is 2 cents cheaper/kw with discounts than Mojo and when you factor in the subscription fee which is around $30/month the difference in meter rental cost was around $15 extra so I also saved $15 on this. monthly payement are useless as there estimate can be way out. no other incentives are offered.

surprises me they call it "wholesale rates"

Ros
Roshallidays point5 posts

Anonymous
Anonymous

Goggles Pizano
Goggles Pizano

Their day charge makes them more expensive

If you get a discount for paying on-time (which we have to anyways!) with another provider, Origin and Enova are cheaper than Mojo!

Clever marketing but they are more expensive than others and have terrible (terrible) customer support... I suppose it keeps their profits high by having no one you can call!

Ash
AshSydney, NSW12 posts

Paying Through the Nose

I would not recommend Mojo having been with them for One year. Premium Support is not worth the money and the annual membership as well as ever increasing rates means I've ended up paying more for electricity than my previous providers. The increases well over the wholesale price increases by the suppliers. Also the billing format keeps changing to disguise their scam so that it becomes difficult to compare and keep track of how they are charging you. If you sign up for Premium Account they will not allow you to go back down to Basic Plan once contract expires.

Pararto
ParartoQueensland2 posts

Puzzled by Mojo

Like others I was drawn to Mojo by the offer of wholesale rates. I also opted for the year in advance administration to reduce costs by a further $10 a month which should have brought costs well down below the previous supplier. The smart meter took many months to install because the meter box was too small, and I'm not sure even now that I have a true smart meter solution. It is difficult to see that my pensioner concession is also being applied. At present I'm waiting to see how the 25centsKw + is a wholesale price, and have sought explanation. My next bill should reflect the existence of the smart meter, so I await with interest. Online communications have been quick, but actions seem slow and difficult to understand.

Destiny
DestinyNsw

Sydney
SydneySydney

Do not go for it! (NSW)

Prices were cheap when I joined earlier this year, then kept increasing at a ridiculous rate. My bill this month is almost twice my first bill and way higher than what I used to pay before I joined (despite the fact that I am not using a heater this winter).

KayZee
KayZee

Rip off for NSW

Prices were cheap initially but they've just raised them to well above wholesale! Typical strategy of getting people in then ripping them off. Sorry Mojo, drop your rates from retail to wholesale and I might come back!

jenda
jenda

Overcharge overcharge overcharge

When I add together their charges for a three month period it is almost double what my previous supplier charged. All on their "estimate" of what I would use. They said they would refund any extra when meter was read but never did. How can they possibly estimate what a person will use.

Caine Hassen
Caine HassenAU

These guys just keep turning up

I have nothing but praise for Mojo not only is the product superior to any other running around (and yes I mean price) but their customer service is second to none, no issue too big or too hard, they address it promptly and with a smile, cant ask for more than that nowadays, truly one of my favourite brands

Mince
MinceSydney6 posts

Gimmicks, Advertising and Falsely Advertised Promises

As a young professional I bought into the advertising. That is all it is, ADS! Beware of this company- the majority of you will pay more, certainly in Sydney CBD.

If you suspect your bills are higher than your previous retailer- it is because they are! Customer service is snappy via email but the customer service agents (and the customer service manager) are not afraid to get narky and blame you when you ask for real truths.

You have been warned :)

This review is also visible on Google- had to spread the word.

Chook
ChookAU2 posts

Monthly Estimate Issues

I have issues with their Monthly estimates being much higher than my actual read. Advised the company of the actual meter readings. They continue to bill using estimates that were way higher than my usage. I am changing providers as a way to stop them overcharging me. Yes, when the read was taken my account went into credit which they wouldn't refund when I requested it. The estimates will even out eventually but being charged so much in advance doesn't suit me.

Subra
Subra6 posts

Beware of Hidden costs and conditions

Please keep away from this cheater as they never tell all details honestly until you ask many times. You save nothing and will cost more in most of the circumstances.

Rebecca
Rebecca

Simple, As It Should Be!

Standard Rates. Simple to do online and even via phone when my move in date was sooner. So far, so good! Amazing to meet a utility company that was fast, reliable and effective with zero hassle. Thank you!

davidinarmidale
davidinarmidaleArmidale, New South Wales11 posts

Big Promises... No delivery

I attempted to connect to Mojo in November 2016, but after six months waiting for them to install their smart meter (the whole reason for joining), they called to advise that the meter would not fit in the space provided so they could not proceed with their promised online meter reading system.

I disconnected when I moved out in late May 2017 and they sent my final bill on July 4th with a due date of July 7th. I received a call from their debt collectors on July 7th demanding full payment.

They have no live operators to talk to (unless you count live chat) and don't really deliver what they promised.

My advice, pay a little more, get a real power company by going elsewhere!

Naomi
Naomi2 posts

Worst service by far!

Terrible customer service. Use the chat feature only to get the run around every single time. Still waiting on a bill after 6mths of constantly asking for one. Terrible terrible service. Will definitely be switching to a better electricity provider who knows what they are doing.

Lil ardie
Lil ardiePerth, WA2 posts

Best damn company ever

Things with mojo were as easy as a mofo. Hassle free easy and convenient. Would highly recommend as i already have to all the bros

Jared
JaredPearces Creek3 posts

Mojo have been an excellent company to work with so far

I am on their yearly subscription plan. I am provided with very cost effective power as a result. I had professional conversations around their solar offerings also getting my smart meter installed. Its a complex and messy industry to work within due to energy regulators and nationalised grid providers, but I feel Mojo are working hard to deliver a great service and shake up the industry for the better. Recommended. One improvement would be to make the process of getting smart meters installed faster. Also if you need telephone support then pay for the plan that provides it.

Jenna
Jenna

Never seen any benefits, was an inconvenience

Didn't see any benefits cost wise..

Bills come monthly and only give 3 days notice to pay

Can only communicate with email, requests take months to process

ShenaeB
ShenaeBRaceview

Where do I start!!!!

Everything was perfect I was saving $100's of dollars with mojo then the next monthly bill came!
In the email it said,

Please see your electricity bill attached.
You'll notice that your electricity bill may be higher than what you have previously received.
Sometimes we are unable to bill you for the electricity you have actually used. This happens when we do not have access to your actual usage data from your meter and need to bill you based on estimates. These estimates are based on your historical usage, plus other factors such as weather and seasonality.

Then I looked at the actual bill and nearly died!
$500 for 1 f@&#ing month!!!!!
My bill is always $60- $65 per month. I am beyond furious!!!!!!

Mojo Power   DM

Hi ShenaeB, Our customer service team reached out to you to answer your questions and resolve your concerns.

Errol
Errol

Loyalty doesn't always pay !!!

After 40 years with the same electricity company I ask what better deal was available, They said they had nothing to offer . So I checked out MOJO POWER , 1 Phone call convinced me I would save a lot of money with them . So concerned was my original supplier they ask what they could do for me , To keep me as one of their customers. MOJO POWER Has shown me the light . So the choice between ORIGIN and MOJO POWER was very simple.

Marty
Marty

Really good value

Very good at the moment great prices and easy payment plans very fast connection and affordable prices thank you .

Vlad
Vlad

Review

So far I'm satisfied but let's wait and see. It's only been a few weeks but if everything is as good as sounds will definitely be recommending it to my friends & work colleagues at Essential Energy.

Cobbly
CobblyThornlands5 posts

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now