Mojo Power (page 3 of 6)

Really good value

Very good at the moment great prices and easy payment plans very fast connection and affordable prices thank you .

Review

So far I'm satisfied but let's wait and see. It's only been a few weeks but if everything is as good as sounds will definitely be recommending it to my friends & work colleagues at Essential Energy.

Cobbly

CobblyThornlands

Double the price. Don't waste your time and money.

BAD MOJO!

BAD MOJO!Ipswich

Misleading Advertising...don't fall for it

The only way to really save any money is to purchase the ANNUAL energypass.
BUT at the same time (on the very same page) they promote.."FREE to leave, with no exit fees"
Of course though, it's not really free, because you will forfeit your energypass costs, which FAR EXCEED what the limit of any contract exit fees would actually be.
And whilst they will tell you that is all stated in the details, the way it is all promoted IS COMPLETELY DESIGNED TO MISLEAD YOU. There is no other reason to structure their payments that way.
So when they jack up their prices days after you sign up, you are locked in for a year, unless you want to throw away $250+ dollars.

rockowwcSouth East Queensland, QLD

Complete Rip Off

Sales people will tell you anything to get you across, was told that our meter would be read remotely each month and we could see details in the dashboard.
Once the cooling off period is gone by, find out energexl have no remote readable meters, they only way to get details is to pay extra for their smart meter.
It's bad enough the real daily access rate more like $1.40 once you take even the basic subscription into account..

IainC

IainCSt Huberts Island

Very disappointed

jim

jimTaree

Energy rates

Moved to Mojo Power then they put their rates up 1 day after my cooling off period. They are a con job.

MOJO P.Mojo Power

Hi Jim. Thanks for contacting us. We recognise the inconvenient timing of our price increase. If you would like to contact us directly at hello@mojopower.com.au, our customer service team can discuss your account in more detail.

8 months- still no smart meter!

Signed up in August 2016- promised a smart meter within 2 weeks. Then 6 weeks. By Christmas I was jumping up and down (via email, as these guys do not provide phone support unless you pay them extra). It is April, and after numerous emails this year, many broken promised installation dates- they finally sent a technician yesterday who told me that i am unable to have a smart meter due to limitations in my meter room. Total waste of 8 months. Terrible service. Stick to the big guys.

ALI

ALIballina

Mojo Power not really cheaper

Mojo Power on the surface appears to be cheaper but when you take into account the Monthly Subscription fee you would need to be using well over 400 kw a month to be ahead, also, throw in the problem that you can't telephone them(everything is email), best to avoid the hassle, I only went with them to get a smart meter which took 5 months because they thought the town I lived in was a suburb of Sydney, very unprofessional.

Barry

Barry

Too slow to switch over

Too long, too long, too long, weeks & then have original supplier call and tell us another quarter with them....what's going on?

Have power - not in the unit yet.

Have power - but not in the unit yet - will be nearly another month before we are fully moved in - painting & re-flooring happening at the moment.

PeterG

PeterG

Terrible Company - no followup

covo

covo

What service.

I have paid extra to have the installation of the usage monitor. More than 3 months later still nothing. Their response is to credit $10 on a bill.

Service, what service? Oh, sorry, you thought you would have your power connected!

A great experience.

To date my exprience has lived up to the savings that were projected. My expectaion is that our saving will be approximatley 25% of the previous years bill.

its power, just cheaper

I guess it's the same power, but I pay a fair bit less.
I have solar, and they installed a new meter so I can consume my solar power instead of drawing from the grid. no real problems.

MelGoodna

DO NOT SIGN UP TO MOJO!!! YOU WILL REGRET!!

My partner was tricked into signing up with Mojo Power and we have had nothing but trouble ever since, they keep taking amounts out of our bank that are beyond what we have ever paid before. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THEM TO SPEAK TO YOU TO SORT IT OUT!!! RIPPED OFF IS HOW WE FEEL.

Mel

Mojo still tries to take money from us months after we cancelled ...had to get banks to block them from taking money from our account.....STILL RIPPING US OFF!!! Good on ya Mojo.

Anton C

Anton C

Definitely saving more $$$ with Mojo

Switched from Origin. High usage household ($1500 per quarter with Origin), now averaging $350 per month
The initial install of the smart meter took about a month. Never experienced any drop outs or incorrect billing.
Love the usage/spend graphs and the real time functionality in their app

KTG

KTGSydney Surrounds, NSW

Mojo!

Swapped for cheaper rates. So far, good experience. Gear installed in about 6 weeks, handy being able to view your usage. Power has been reliable, no dropouts. Would recommend.

Alyssa

No Fuss, Full Service & Cheaper Energy provider!

Sassy

Sassyasked

Can someone help me, I'm failing to see how we would save on average $150 - $200 per quarter ??. Mojo daily usage charge is 59.14 vs AGL 98.51 so 39.37 difference, using an average of a 90 day quarter this equals a saving of almost $36. Now usage. The average usage in my area for a house of 4 people = 21.6 kW per day = 1944 KW per quarter. Now comparing there rate of 20.24 per KW with our suppliers 24.61 KW = a difference of 4.3c per KW. 1944 x 4.3c = a saving of $77.76. So add the savings $39.37 + $77.76 = $117 savings per quarter. But now take away 3 $35 monthly "basic energy pass savings" $105. That's only a saving of $12 per quarter ? And considering my current electricity company offers me 11% off my electricity bill it seems I'm actually worse off ???? How are people claiming they save hundreds of dollars ???

karl
karl

this is right but look at the rates for kw used most suppliers increase the price once you go over ???kw mojo rates actuall decrease this is where you can save some money. the 150-200 per quarter not sure how they get this though

Alyssa

I can only go off our bill outcome Sassy, We do save a lot but we are also what you would consider a 'high energy' user family. Our bills where extremely high with our last energy provider, and our most highest bill has still been cheaper than our cheapest bill has last provider. I can only go off our personal savings comparing apples with apples so to speak. It may not be in your case if you have compared your bills, but in my case we have saved a lot of money. I find them friendly and quick to email so I personally would even email them your question they may be able to explain - tell you if it's worth it in your case; although personally you seem to be able to do your own sums so you may have answered your own question already - but know we as a family have personally saved this much from our old energy supplier - we weren't with AGL though.

Mojo PowerMojo Power

Hi Sassy, thanks for your question. As Karl and Alyssa mention above, the households most likely to see higher savings are those with greater usage - although many more people will find Mojo cheaper than their current provider. It does depend on several factors, including your usage, area and level of discount with your current provider. We can provide you with a detailed quote if you like - if you send a recent bill to hello@mojopower.com.au, our sales team will get back to you right away. Thanks

Nanette

Nanetteasked

Is mojo green energy supplier?

AC

Hello Nanette. I didn't know the answer to that one, but I checked the responses on their website and I found this answer:

"We don’t have a green power product just yet. It is in production but I don’t have a date for when this will be avail."

Regards,

Mojo PowerMojo Power

Hi Nanette, thanks for getting in touch. At this stage, we do not offer a green energy product - our power comes from the grid, so has the same mix of renewable and non-renewable energy as other retailers. However, our future plans do lie with solar and battery solutions, so watch this space.

Get an answer from our members and Mojo Power representatives