Listing monitored by Mojo Power

• Rates and Fees
JoeSydney, NSW

Well, it was great while it lasted

I joined this mob about 8 months ago, everything was fine and the pricing was great. However, they've just notified me that my electricity will be jumping from 17.6c/kWh to 30.15c/kWh! They gave a lame excuse about wholesale price increases, yet at AER, I found that YTD for this financial year, these average to only 8c/kWh. So the recent blip in wholesale prices is being used by Mojo to justify such a horrendous price increase. Pure opportunism and I'm now looking to go elsewhere!

Joe

When I wrote "these average to only 8c/kWh" above, this was referring to the actual wholesale price in my area, not the increase in wholesale price.

Brendan F.Sydney, NSW

What appears to be the best prices, however inital metering was wrong in app and website (edited)

Jonesy
Jonesy

Unable to Sign UP

I commenced filling in the online application and when I got to the part regarding Special Requirements it said I cannot go any further because I had a sleep machine.

Team MojoMojo PowerSend a private message

Hi Jonesy, As we don't have you details, please reach out to us on live chat on our website or send an email to hello@mojopower.com and the team will assist. Thanks - Ash

Abe
AbeSydney, NSW

Very poor customer support

The rates are good for my area but the customer support is just terrible small things just take way to long and some of there policies are just so out of date form the modern world.

Adam
AdamBrisbane QLD

cancelled account when asking questions

I've rewritten the review to give them the benefit of the doubt, there was a mistake, it has been rectified post pointing the issue out to them. Will update when account progresses.

Team MojoMojo PowerSend a private message

Thanks, Adam. Apologies for the confusion. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Mojo family.

Team Mojo

Leah H.
Leah H.South East Queensland, QLD

Unable to get in contact with them

Toliman
TolimanHunter Region, NSW

Mojo's Not Awful ... it's mediocre to adequate.

Mojo PowerMojo PowerSend a private message

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Unremarkable pricing. Estimated bills every month.

The concept sounds great, however Mojo’s rates aren’t any better than the discount rates offered by the big retailers in my area. In fact, one retailer offers lower rates than Mojo if I also switch my natural gas account to them.

All retailers are much the same, and they’re all selling you the same electricity from the same network - so I can’t see any advantages in staying with Mojo. Sorry.

Every bill I have received from Mojo is an estimated bill. Why? I enquired on one occasion and told my meter was unable to be accessed. My electricity meter is easily accessible. I do not recall ever receiving an estimated bill from my previous provider.

Their day charge makes them more expensive

If you get a discount for paying on-time (which we have to anyways!) with another provider, Origin and Enova are cheaper than Mojo!
Clever marketing but they are more expensive than others and have terrible (terrible) customer support... I suppose it keeps their profits high by having no one you can call!

Pararto
ParartoQueensland

Puzzled by Mojo

Like others I was drawn to Mojo by the offer of wholesale rates. I also opted for the year in advance administration to reduce costs by a further $10 a month which should have brought costs well down below the previous supplier. The smart meter took many months to install because the meter box was too small, and I'm not sure even now that I have a true smart meter solution. It is difficult to see that my pensioner concession is also being applied. At present I'm waiting to see how the 25centsKw + is a wholesale price, and have sought explanation. My next bill should reflect the existence of the smart meter, so I await with interest. Online communications have been quick, but actions seem slow and difficult to understand.

IainC
IainCSt Huberts Island

Very disappointed

dont honour $25 credit for introducing coustomers dont reply to emails

electricity with solar
1.5 mths
power has no drop out but they are using endeavour lines so has nothing to do with mojo
support is bad don't reply to emails don't honour rebates

Morton
MortonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Value for money but switch to smart Meter was delayed but compensated by rebate which was unexpected

Highly recommended for saving money so you can have a life instead of working your guts out just to keep you food and beer cold just to wake up each day to do it all over again

Peaches
PeachesSunshine Coast, Queensland

Still waiting and on the wrong tariff

David C

Worked out on par with my red energy bills.

I'm drawing a lot of power, and as such was getting good pay-on-time discounts and rates with red energy. With all costs factored in such as the annual pass, i come out on par. No difference. I was expecting cheaper.

Mojo PowerMojo PowerSend a private message
David C

As expected, Mojo has jacked UP the price. Sigh. Back to the drawing board.