Rod

RodSydney Surrounds, NSW

Superior Technical support

I had a rare software issue where Momento would not save my work - most likely as a result of me not managing memory well enough. However the outcome was that my MBK FILE “disappeared”. Technical support were super fast, super helpful, super patient and super investigators - the issue was resolved (related to cloud storage of my MBK file). Needless to say I’m extremely grateful and of course a Momento fan!

Libby J.Momento

Hi Rod - so glad to hear we got things sorted for you super quick, and that you're a new fan :) Enjoy your book/s often - Libby (Co-founder)

gmwTasmania

disappointed

Finally got that 200 page photobook completed. Made sure I had it done before the 1st Oct so I could take advantage of the 20% discount offer (20% off Photo Books + Boxes until 1 October) only to find I cant have the discount because I am using a prepaid voucher which I purchased months ago … Bummer :-(

Store Locationonline

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would not even think of using another company

I have used Momento 9 time for albums and twice for Christmas cards. The only occasions I have had problems have been self inflicted usually when I have forgotten how to size my photos on the page as I always manually make up the page layouts. When I have had to ring in for help the assistance given by the staff has been excellent. The quality of the albums is terrific and I aways have great enjoyment showing them to family and friends.

Store LocationOrdered direct
Libby J.Momento

Thanks for your loyalty and glowing review Paul, I'll make sure the service staff get your feedback too. Enjoy your books often :) Libby (Co-founder)

Kerri M

Kerri MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Australia's number one Photo Book company

I have been a loyal customer of Momento for many years now. Their quality is second to none and their software is very user friendly. For all of those important moments in your life these guys and girls are the people you should trust to immortalised them in print. Their customer service team and technical team are so helpful and friendly. I recommend Momento anytime I hear the word photo book.

Store LocationOnline ordering
Libby J.Momento

Hi Kerri - you certainly have been loyal, and we totally appreciate you engaging with us on our social feeds - it is noticed :) THANK YOU for your review and enjoy creating and reading your books. Libby (Co-founder)

Seagull R.South East Queensland, QLD

Quality Product

I have just ordered 5 new Momento photobooks of our travels. I already have 9 myself and have given away another 4 as gifts. I know I can get photobooks cheaper elsewhere, but I find the Momento software, whilst not perfect, easy to use, and the end result to be of excellent quality. I did try another company that offered a cheaper service, but I found it clumsy in terms of putting the album together and gave up after a couple of pages and went back to Momento. I also like the way that I can save the draft album to my computer at home (with a back-up on an external hard-drive) until I'm ready to upload, rather than having to upload each time I work on it. Works for me.

Store LocationOn-line.

EXCELLENT MOMENTO STAFF

This is the 2nd travel book I have ordered thru Momento. Each time I have had to phone to clarify something and both Elizabeth and Gina have been EXCELLENT - they are so helpful - as if it is there own photo book they are putting together. Their help is so appreciated especially considering that so much On Line Purchasing does not have a "real" person to assist you.

Shannan

ShannanGippsland, VIC

Amazing quality

I honestly didn't know what to expect when I ordered my photo book. I had used some of the big chain stores before and the quality was not fantastic. I decided I am going to finally get everything digital into print and had planned to test a few companies to see which one I preferred.
Well, what can I say, my book arrived yesterday and I was absolutely blown away. The quality is amazing and I will definitely be ordering more. No need for me to try anywhere else. Momento will be doing 100% of my photo book printing from now on.

Store LocationOnline
Libby J.Momento

Shannan, thank you so much for your glowing review and CONGRATS on getting your photos safely preserved in print. May you enjoy your books often :) Libby (Co-founder)

L Edwards

L EdwardsCanberra Central 2601, ACT

A reliable, top quality product.

Momento staff have been very helpful each time I've prepared a project and the product is of top quality. Recently I needed a photo book completed in time for a birthday and the company made every effort to get it to me in time. Very much appreciated.

Store LocationMomento Photo Books Australia
Libby J.Momento

Thanks, that's fabulous news that you received your book in time for a birthday and we hope the lucky recipient enjoyed it too :) Libby

annoyed

annoyed

buggy, expensive and slow

The reason I give this a one star review:
- products take a long time to send (almost a month)
- they send with Australia post (which has a lot of issues) rather than fedex or a better postal service
- its quite expensive for what you get
- there is no autosave, so if your computer restarts over night like a typical Microsoft computer you will loose everything. you can only save the book once it is finished, rather than saving it as you go
- the application can be quite clunky, there isn't any autodesigns which put your photos into them
- the text function can be hard to use and buggy
- you have to buy a dust jacket separately - imho it should be included in the already over inflated price
- a very frustrating to use application

Store Locationonline
Libby J.Momento

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

All I can say is that Elizabeth and Ryan worked hard with me to get what I needed done with a restricted time frame. The end result was a Dove book with egg shell paper which was fabulous for writing on.
Every one could share their memorable moments by writing on the egg shell paper and a number of people commented that the pen did not smudge (like other products on the market).
Our kindergarten teacher of 29 years was retiring and this was the perfect gift with all our memories shared inside she said " this will be something I can treasure and look back on fondly, what a great gift".
Once again Thank you!

Jo.
Greenbrook Kindergarten

Store LocationOnline Momento site.

Daughter's 21st

Daughter's 21stCentral Queensland, QLD

Perfect service...fast, super friendly and helpful...think only Momento

Received photobook very quickly. But postal service had damaged the cover. Without a problem Momento replaced book & had it to us in time for our family event. Best ever service!

Libby J.Momento

Fabulous to hear the situation was recovered quickly, and hope she enjoys the book many, many times :) Libby (co-founder)

fangarang

fangarang

Really thrilled with the product

I was very nervous about creating and buying a book with momento as it is very expensive. My book cost $90 but the quality is so brilliant that it was worth every cent. Very pleased. I would use again and I highly recommend.

Libby J.Momento

Aha! Glad you enjoyed the experience and results :) Libby (co-founder)

Janice

JaniceSydney, NSW

Excellent!

Fantastic book, great quality, easy to use website and able to do 200 pages! Great customer service. Will definitely revisit next time I need a book. Quick turnaround too. Awesome product.

Libby J.Momento

Janice, thank you for making our day! We're glad you love your book and hope you enjoy it many times over. - Libby (Co-founder)

Jennifer B

Jennifer BPerth, WA

Photos dark

Photobook was beautifully put together however was disappointed with the photos as seem to be a lot darker than they were when I reviewed the finished article on my computer.

Libby J.Momento

Hi Jennifer - Sorry for the slow reply and sorry to hear about the dark images. Please give our service team a call so they can find out more and see how we can make things better. - Libby (co-founder)

Mel

MelSydney, NSW

Outstanding service

I have used Momento for years and their customer service is excellent. I recently had a minor issue and they reprinted to book in record time. Outstanding service and very quick turnaround.

Libby J.Momento

Thanks for your loyalty Mel, and kind words :) Enjoy your books often - Libby (co-founder)

Mich

MichSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love Momento

I have just received the book, and I am thrilled to say the least. 200 pages long and I was very worried but all turned out fine. I would like to thank you for the perfect service, the great software and the efficiency of your company - More coming in the future. You are the professionals in this space.

Sincerely
Michelene

Libby J.Momento

Hi Michelene - thanks, you've made our day. ENJOY your book often - Libby (co-founder)

Top quality

Made several books, all turned out excellent
Software is the best I have seen but crashes a lot and so you need to save regularly.
Lots of creative and professional finishes
Love the text, frames and background options. Lots to chose from.
Not sure about the final PDF size for production. Around 1MBYTE per page for a 210x290mm page and my photos are usually 10-20Mbyte each. So they are certainly compressed a lot when sending to momento and so final photos are not as sharp when compared to my printer.
Yet they look good in the book.
Binding excellent
Price expensive

Thanks Libby,
I like your books and certainly my choice however they are expensive when compared to others who now offer pro layflat options and quality paper.

Libby J.Momento

Thank you for the feedback Peter, it is appreciated. We hope you feel that the expense equated to the quality of printing, binding, materials, software and service, as our aim is to be the best on all of those fronts :)

So Happy

I have used Momento to make my photo books for my last four years of holidays. Love the program, so easy to use the layouts provided or manually create your own. So easy and the final product is a of a high standard. The customer service is fantastic and prompt. I have used email, facebook and the customer service line to get help and the staff are fantastic. Can not praise this company enough. Great job Momento. Love your work. x

Libby J.Momento

So sorry we haven't replied until now but thanks for kinds words ... tis lovely to hear. Enjoy often - Libby (co-founder)

Kristin P

Kristin PBrisbane

Fantastic Customer Service and Quality Product

I would highly recommend this company for your photobook needs. I was skeptical as to what the final product would ultimately look like (very OCD!) but was totally blown away when I received my photobook, within the promised timeframe and it was more beautiful than I could have imagined. The customer service is also second to none - they resolved quickly a small issue that arose (created by me!) exactly as I had hoped.

Libby J.Momento

Hey Kristin - there's nothing wrong with being OCD :) We totally appreciate attention to detail. Thank you for your kind words, and may you enjoy your book often. I'll let the CS team know your thoughts too. - Libby (Co-founder)

George

GeorgeCessnock

Dissapointed

Libby J.Momento

Hi George, sorry to hear you're disappointed. Please call our service team on 1300 799 764 or email sales@momento.com.au as we'd be more than happy to discuss the colour issues and see how we can improve the results. Libby (Co-founder)

Ethna

Ethnaasked

I have finished my book but when I go to upload it the software is asking for an .mbf file which I cannot find. Where is this file saved to please.

Seagull R.

Wherever you asked it to be saved to I guess. When you are in your photobook, there is a command "finish" along the top menu. When you click on that, it should create the .mbf file for you and a pdf in the same area where your phonebook is. You check the pdf for formatting etc, then upload the .mbf. I haven't had your problem, but I've had a couple of others and always found Momento good to deal with on the phone. Give them a ring and they should be able to talk you through it.

Paul

I agree about phoning moments always helpful. Not having had that problem I should’nt make any suggestions that might make your problem worse

Hi Ethna.
The Master File (MBF) gets saved in the same location as your project file (MBK). Please do contact us if you can't find the file.

gmwasked

I have just about completed a photo book and now I cant open it up to continue - I am getting an error message "You can only run one copy of momento at a time" just like other people I dont have another open.. I too scared to follow the instructions in the "help' section in case I lose my book - has anyone else had this problem and solved it without losing all their work?

Seagull R.

I haven't experienced your problem, so can't help you there, but I have found Momento to be be pretty helpful on the phone in the past.

Libby J.Momento

Hi. For some reason the computer thinks that our software is still running. I assume by this message that you can't see a copy of the software already running? The simplest way to resolve this is to restart your computer.

Let me know how you go with this. I'll keep an eye out for your reply over the weekend.

gmw

I was so worried about losing my data that I wasn’t even game to do a restart :-(

LeeZ

LeeZasked

I've just tried to download the Moment software to my Mac and it won't start up the programme because it seems to be searching for an old photo library on a long-gone external hard drive. I can't seem to change any settings and not sure why it's looking for that drive anyway... any solutions??

Hi Lee.

Can you please try this 1st:

1. In the finder's Go menu, select "Go to folder..."
2. copy this in to the dialog that appears: ~/Library/Preferences
3. this will open the preferences folder for your user account on your Mac. Scroll down until you see the file "Momento Preferences", then delete it
4. Try running the software again

Deleting this file won't cause any harm - our software will simply create a new one.

Let us know if this works for you.

Cheers
Geoff

Get an answer from our members and Momento representatives

CategoryPhoto Printing Services and Physical Shops