Momentum Energy

Momentum Energy Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

37 questions from our users

Biffityboo

Biffitybooasked

My neighbours and I recently received credit payments on accounts from our energy suppliers as a result of their Service Level Agreement with AusNet. We're located in Warburton. Why isn't there any mention of these payments on Momentum's website and are Momentum clients in Melbourne also eligible for those payments?

Momentum E.Momentum Energy

Hey Biffityboo, these credits are passed on by Ausnet with no involvement from Momentum. They're more or less as compensation for brown/black outs that have occurred over the past year and certain customer's service has been affected to a standard that entitles them to compensation. Eligibility is entirely defined by Ausnet so we don't advertise this on our website. I hope this helps. ~ Alexander, Community Manager

Kellymoyle7

Kellymoyle7asked

Hi got my electricity bill it says I'm -$15 what does that mean I think it's strange cause I've never received a bill like that before ever if u can know please kelly

Momentum E.Momentum Energy

Hey Kelly, if your bill is a negative total such as -$15 it means that you're account is in credit by 15 dollars. This will go towards your next bill when it's calculated. I hope this helps! ~ Alexander, Community Manager

Bill

Billasked

What is Peak - Step 1 as opposed to Peak - Step 2?

Momentum E.Momentum Energy

Hey Bill, stepped tariffs were introduced by the government to create incentive for people to better manage their elec/gas usage. They function similarly to your mobile phone plan, after using all your allocated data for a month you might be charged $10/gigabyte, after consuming a certain quantity of electricity/gas you move up to a higher rate. These tariffs are set by your distributor/network, but because in some cases this discriminates against larger families, some distributors have lower step 1 tariffs, and sometimes have a step 3. If you give us a ring, or send a message to our Facebook page I can take a look at who your network/distributor is and let you know what these different rates are. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.
~Alexander, Community Manager

peter

peterasked

I am in an embedded network in an apartment building. I have heard that this year that embedded networks will be open to retail competition will I be able to get momentum energy?

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your comments.

In Victoria customers within Embedded Networks always had a choice to purchase electricity from any licenced energy retailer. Momentum Energy is working closely with industry participants to get a clarity regarding the roles & responsibilities of various market participants within the embedded network segment. By end of this year it is expected that these roles & responsibilities will be defined that would eventually better assist customers within embedded networks to access offers from various licenced energy retailers such as Momentum Energy.

Peter P

Peter Pasked

Does Momentum Energy provide daily usage details eg. via their web site and/or iOS app?

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately, Momentum do not have a direct portal where you can access your usage data. We also presently do not have an available app. However, if you are located in Victoria and you have a smart meter, you can visit your network's portal link directly on their website. For your reference, your network is the company who owns the metering, maintains and supplies electricity in your area. The usage portal on your network's website will provide you access to your usage and the website also provides some energy saving tips.

You can find out who your network is by referring to the top right hand corner of your Momentum invoice. Alternatively, please email us your account number, full name and address to info@momentum.com.au and we will be able to provide your usage data and let you know who your network is.

Warmest regards,

Phil66
Phil66

As a New Customer from today, switching both Gas and Elect, this would be a great feature, Being able to monitor your usage even if it was a few hours old is GOLD.

ian

ianasked

Is there a charge for connecting solar panels to my electricity meter? If so what is the cost. I am currently a momentum customer for power. Also, what feed in rate is current for any excess power generated we feed into the grid and how long will that rate apply before it changes? We live in Adelaide. Email ian.c.ide@gmail.com

Good Morning Ian,

Thank you for your submission.

South Australia Power Networks (SAPN) have a Solar enquiry line 1300 665 913 to assist their customers with solar queries. They will be able to advise any costs associated with a meter exchange and they invoice customers directly. Please be advised for small business and commercial customers in South Australia changes to metering may result in an Actual or Agreed Demand tariff. The current solar rebate available is 6.8c, however, this may vary depending on your current tariff and metering set up. In terms of when this rebate may change, this will be subject to State Government legislation and for more information please see:

For any further queries do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 662 778. Our Customer Care Team is available between the hours of 8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.

W M S Gulavitaasked

Trying to transfer from lumo.ID MOM42851MR. Seeing many bad comments. Positive side, how you managed the bad comments.
Lumo contract ends 11 AUG 2016. Send me full details of offer,please!
This is an enquiry only.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your enquiry.

It’s great to hear a positive response to our messages and thank you for considering us.

If you are interested in hearing more about our offers, you can visit our website below which lists current offers and all our residential and small business pricing.

The current campaign which ends on June 30, 2016, offers new customers a $100 welcome credit ($50 gas, $50 electricity) for switching to us and very competitive rates.

If you would like to speak with us about transferring your account, our friendly Sales Team can be contacted on 1300 662 778. They will be able to offer you the best available rates.

W M S Gulavita

When I plugged in the required information to the government sponsored choice site, it requested all the energy usage details from me. Allied to the usage the best offer for my situation was tabulated in the response. This is given in the MOM42851MR. Please let me know the corresponding offer in your website please!

Caz

Cazasked

Where do I go to get a copy of my Gas Bill with Momentum? I have my electricity with them and can easily access electricity through their Toolbox but finding Gas seems to be virtually impossible despite a Google search. Losing the will to live. :-(

Hi Caz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our online Toolbox.

Momentum is in a very exciting phase having recently moved into the retail gas market in Victoria.

In order to ensure the smoothest transition and best billing experience possible we have separate account numbers and toolboxes for gas and electricity. Toolbox allows you to view the billing and contact information for each specific account be it business or residential. At this stage our Toolbox does not show a holistic view of all your accounts with Momentum and as we grow as a business we are seeking to improve our online usability. I apologise for any frustration trying to access your invoice and can advise that your gas account number will be listed on your gas welcome pack or you can contact our friendly Customer Care team on 1800 662 778 or via email info@momentum.com.au to confirm.

Thor

Paul

Paulasked

Hi do you install solar panels?

trumpetgirl
trumpetgirl

I don't think they do. I got mine through envirogroup who were very good.

Hi Paul,

We partner with leading suppliers to meet your solar needs. Momentum’s providers have a proven track record of successful solar installations (PV and Hot Water). Overall, our providers have delivered in excess of 45,000 installations nation-wide. Our solar systems can be sized to suit your home needs and how much you want to spend.
You can contact our solar experts at: http://www.momentumenergy.com.au/residential/solar

Best wishes,
Thor

doug

dougasked

what are the off peak electricity hours?

Hi Doug,
Peak and off-peak timings for electricity vary from distributor to distributor. The distributors are the ones owning and managing the poles and wires, and who set the timings. On your current bill (regardless or electricity retailer) you should be able to see who your distributor is and your meter type. You can then match those with the relevant energy price fact sheet (which can be found here http://www.momentumenergy.com.au/residential/energy-pricing/standard-prices)
Alternatively, give us a ring on 1300 662 778 to speak with one of our local Customer Care experts.
Best wishes, Momentum Energy

Bobasked

Why did I receive a second gas bill before the due payment date of my last bill?

I had in fact paid the first bill three days early and then received the second bill with another total amount due that included the amount I had just paid.

If I hadn't investigated I would have paid that amount twice. What is going on here?

Judging by the reviews here I've made a poor choice. Will now review my original 'fixed price contract'. Which is fixed only for me not Momentum.

Momentum E.Momentum Energy

Good afternoon Bob and thank you for contacting us to advise us of the difficulties that you are experiencing. Has your issue now been resolved? If not, we'd like to take the opportunity to address your concerns; can you please provide your account details to us via info@momentum.com.au or by replying here via private message? If it's easier for you, our friendly local Customer Care team can also help you on 1300 662 778.
Sincerely,

Bob

I will pay only the 2nd amount and look for another biller who puts customers first. If I find I'm am locked in I will go to the regulator.

Ceb

Cebasked

What is the peak and off peak times for Momentum? Can't find it in their website.

Good Morning Ceb,

Thank you for your enquiry on Product Review.

Peak and Off Peak times can vary depending on your state and distribution patch. Generally in Victoria, the off peak timings are Weekdays 11pm – 7am and all Weekends and Public Holidays. Due to the complexity of these tariffs, their timings and the metering type at your site, we would like to discuss this with you so we can provide you a more detailed explanation. Could you please email our Customer Care at info@momentum.com.au with your site address and contact details and we can arrange a call to discuss this with you. Thank you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Karina

Karinaasked

I am going to move to mentone victoria I need to know which energy company is offers a good value . Any advise ?

Karina,
Based on my experience with Momentum I am satisfied with their rate and service.
First I changed the electricity provider in my warehouse, because I wanted to test it first. After 3 or 4 months, I changed
my residential's electricity to Momentum too. As they care for their customers.

Good morning Karina,
Momentum Energy offers both gas and electricity to many addresses in Victoria. Our SmilePower is more than just renewable energy generated from nature. It is clean energy from a hydro system that has been powering Tasmania for nearly 100 years.
In order to give you an accurate quote for both your gas and electricity, give us a call on 1800 794 824 or use our online quote tool https://switch.momentum.com.au - it's always up to date with the latest and greatest offers available to you.
Best wishes

parrott_ice
parrott_ice

Hi Karina,
As you can see above Momentum Energy is crap. Eva will change her tune given time. Anyone else but Momentum!
cheers

sneakersoles

sneakersolesasked

Is momentum energy also known as simply energy?

ray
ray

Not as far as know

Michael Delaney
Michael Delaney

I was told that Momentum Energy did trade as Simply Energy in Queensland but cannot verify that. Their strategies seemed very similar and apparently the Qld Energy Ombudsman stopped Simply Energy from signing new customers after it was found that they were promoting solar and promising feed in tariffs but then reneging. This is one of my numerous grievances with Momentum.

Momentum E.Momentum Energy

Hi Sneakersoles and thanks for your question,
Simply Energy is a competitor to us and we're not affiliated with them in any way.
Have a good weekend, TB

pirate48

pirate48asked

hi, we live 3028, have solar installed, what is your feed in tarrif rate please. at the moment we get 35c from retailer we are churning from in next 7 days. due too billing hassles and huge increase in daily supply charges.

Nat
Nat

I dont have any solar sorry cant help you with the rate. I certainly dont recommend momentum energy, as they have not got one bill right in the 9 months i was with them. Good luck!

Robert
Robert

Hello, I think you may have presumed I have solar on one, or all, of my premises. I have no solar and cannot comment on Momentum feed in (from solar) prices . My prices, including GST are: Peak $.21197/kwh, Off Peak $.12749/kwh (for the "old fashioned" hot water) and a Service To Property charge of $.7986/day and are absolutely fixed for the next 12 months (to 31/12/14). The prices are for my grid supplier in my area being United Energy. If in your area the grid is supplied by another supplier the prices will be different.
In regard to solar feed in tariffs , ring Momentum on 03 86126400. You should get easy answers, with straight prices, no discounts on "this or that", (or not on "that") and just net numbers.
I hope you resolve your issues with whichever supplier you choose. Electricity pricing is a minefield ,and I have made mistakes in the past, even though I should (by profession), know what I am doing!

wils59
wils59

Be very careful about changing your retailer depending on what feed-in tariff you are on. The old closed Premium and Transitional feed-in tariffs are linked to the property and you can change retailers, but the 1:1 Standard feed-in tariff (also now closed as of Dec 12 2012) is a negotiated agreement with your current retailer, and you'll lose it if you swap. They'll put you on the current 8c/kWh FiT.
So be very sure when talking to your proposed new retailer what your new FIT will be.

Minnie4e

Minnie4easked

Can you send me the Electricity &Gas rate for victoria to bennie4e@yahoo.com.au? thanyou

Fargunel

Daily supply charge 86.30 cents per day 94.93 cents per day
Effective 29 july 2013 for Victoria

Griff

Griffasked

Do you supply to McKinnon and Blairgowrie in Victoria?

Sir Didymus
Sir Didymus

They should do as i have properties in Aspendale Gardens and Yackandandah and they quoted me prices for both areas get them to call you and they will do a comparison on your latest bill for your area

Get an answer from our members and Momentum Energy representatives