2.0

23% · 77246 · 74%

Mae
Mae

Totally Ripped Off Company!!!

We’ve been with these untrusted worthy for toooo long. When I found out they were ripping us off with electricity bills... charging us ways too much they decide refunded a few hundred lousy dollars!!

Vanessa
VanessaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

RIP OFF COMPANY!!

When I joined they offered me some discount which was ok then it kept going up and up . They increased rates at the start of the year without me knowing . They said they sent me a letter but guess what..NO LETTER.
Just got a bill of almost $700 for a small 1 bedroom unit . My usage is showing an average of what a 5 person household would use daily . LOL . Making up Metre readings I reckon !!!
I have left them and joined another company .
Stay clear of these guys .
Jen
JenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Absolutely TERRIBLE

STAY AWAY!! I totally agree with the rest of the reviews!
I switched my electricity thinking they were cheaper, THEY are NOT.
PLUS they keep sending me overdue notices when I have already paid them, including PHONE calls, as if you need them during these difficult times. Lucky I have proof that I have paid them!
PLUS they've sent me SOMEONE else's GAS bill...what the?!!!!
Zoe
ZoeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Overpriced & no accountability for mistakes or overcharges

We only signed up with Momentum a few months ago, our first gas bill had two deductions for corrections (in the hundreds), & our first power bill is more than 3x our usual power spend. I called to discuss our options as we cannot afford a $1000 power bill during COVID when our usual spend is less than $300. The only offer of solution or assistance was for us to pay $400 call out fee for an investigation. There's no way the bill is correct but we can't afford a $1000 bill + $400 call out fee. As other reviewers have stated, they offer a great product up front to suck you in but the additional charges on the bills are big and expensive surprises.
Colin Rowe
Colin RoweCoffs Harbour3 posts

Stay away from this company

They lie about meter reads and corona virus then harass and threaten with Dept collectors after payment plans were already put in place. Customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with.. The screenshot of the message provided was received 4hrs after another payment arrangement has been made... Just proves the level of maturity and professionalism these clowns lack

kano
kanoWimmera, VIC

Jessica R.
Jessica R.Murray Region, NSW

DO NOT GO WITH MOMENTUM!!!

They will offer you a great deal to start with, but months on they will start charging you $400 a month FOR A 2 BEDROOM UNIT

And there's no discount if you pay early.

Don't do it, and if your energy bill is high they will charge you for someone to check your meter.

Jacob Thomas
Jacob ThomasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

It's been almost 30 days and I've heard nothing

Applied for a gas connection on 20th July. Almost a month now and have heard nothing. Thought I was going to save money moving away from Origin but just received another huge bill from them again. The point of moving to Momentum to save mone on gas is almost irrelevant given that summer is around the corner.
carmel m.
carmel m.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not happy

I switched away from momentum because I found they started off with reasonable rates but jumped significantly after the first year. I rang and asked if they could offer a better deal and was told I had the best they could offer. Didn't even seem interested in trying to keep me as a customer do I obliged by taking my business elsewhere.

Nick
Nick5 posts

CHH
CHH13 posts
Gerry
GerrySydney, NSW30 posts

Highly unethical and deceptive marketing

HIGHLY UNETHICAL MARKETING. I applied for their cheapest plan. Once I applied for it - they ran a credit check. They then said "you dont meet our minimum credit requirements" and then offered a much more expensive plan after already putting an enquiry on my credit file. Once you have an enquiry on your file it reduces your credit score. How on earth can they be willing to accept your business at one price but not another. I am in a high income bracket and have significant assets. I am going be making a complaint to the energy regulator
Devin
Devin3 posts

Absolute worst power/gas company!

The staff are the rudest most insincere people i have ever met - i would not recommend this group if they were the last company on earth. They may provide Australian power - but they are the furthermost thing from 'Australian'.

Digusted.

Chris C
Chris CSunbury, Victoria10 posts

Amazing customer service and competitive rates

Amazing and friendly customer service. Unbeatable prices (when compared on VIC gov energy comparison site). Easy to read bills and easy to navigate website. I joined momentum a few years ago for electricity and gas and would highly recommend them. Show reply
Nic
NicCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC3 posts

Appalling

Organised our electricity connection 3 days prior to our move. On the day of the move, rang as instructed once the meter was switched off, to get the electricity connected through Momentum's provider PowerCore. They did not connect in time prior to the weekend, went 24 hours without power, hot water etc. Had to go with AGL as they provide 24/7 connection and customer care. Appalled with the service from Momentum and the difficulty in connecting and cancelling electricity.
Nicolas A.
Nicolas A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Good service and good price

I moved houses and I connected with momentum energy who was very reliable and nice to talk to. The staff were friendly I got my service and the bills are cheap.

Vasu
Vasu4 posts

Horrible and dodgy Sales people

All they got is dodgy sales people who will promise you everything before you signup and they wont respond to you after. You better to look for options, they absolutely terrible. By the way customer service is horrible and there is no internal communication at all. I rather live without electricity like a cave man than signup with Momentum, very bad experience.
Ruth  JONES
Ruth JONES3 posts

Terrible

Absolutely applied by the service with final read that was just an estimate. Was over double the previous bill. Couldn’t help with why a final read was not done and had the hide to ask me a month after moving to return to property and take a photo of metre. Wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy.
Shane Chen
Shane ChenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting

Got mail from them saying I have in a deemed contract with them after moving into a new property few months ago though I orgnised different service provider before moving in. Call them and their call centre agent confirmed their record is outdated and I can ignore all mails. Then got another 2 mails from them threatening disconnection of my service. Emailed them before and the agent didn't bother to check their system before replying rudely. Will never consider this company in the future.
Bazza
BazzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC10 posts

Cass
Cass4 posts

Owen Petersen
Owen Petersen

Best energy company ever!

Best energy company I've ever dealt with. They tracked me down to provide a refund to my overpaid account! Thank you guys. I would recommend you to anyone looking for a great deal on gas! Show reply
Arash R.
Arash R.

Be careful

We signed up 7 years ago or so. Rates were good, online access was basic but functional and we even moved house with them. 4 years ago things changed. Whilst the phone service remained calm and mostly courteous, the rates became a nightmare. They were waiting for us not to notice rate hike after contract expiery. They set up a maze of alternate rates. Your default recontract rate. If you called up, then they would offer a better one, which may not have been their best. If you like these guys watch them carefully. Their business model is to lure you in then milk you once contract is done. Be transactional and start and finish with zero trust. Such a shame. Eventually gave up and moved to alternate.
Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgraceful service and pricing

My commercial bill jumped over 30 % from December to January . I called them , was on hold forever, got the run around, was sent online to create an account , couldnt swap plans online, their message said " sorry we can swap your plans online so we will give you a callback soon " . No call back, more time wasted on the phone, no credit, no encouragement to stay with them . other the line ... we will investiage " . Obviously not keen to keep my $ 20 K a year account . I will take my business elsewhere and look to set up clean energy solar on my roof and do away with a greedy, money gouging corporate business like Momentum energy
Tom
Tom

What a joke!

Absolute joke, customer service is rubbish. I was going to be a little late paying a bill, and could not meet their so called required installment plan and person on the phone told me to borrow it from a friend! Then they send out a disconnection text for the week after if i didnt pay their minimum amount. No care for anyones personel circumstances, just pay us or else. As soon as its paid, im switching!
Rohan P.
Rohan P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Goodbye Momentum - It was great until you hiked your prices!!

I have been with Momentum for Electricity and Gas for years. At the time of signup they were by far the cheapest. Since January their prices have gone up to make them one of the most expensive based on the Vic Government Compare site. We had no choice but to move to another provider. Unfortunately, no-one cares about all the fluff, we just want the cheapest power possible. Bye Momentum. You were once great. Now not so much.

Sunny
Sunny7 posts

Very bad service

Very hard to contact Momentum. Sent then Solar form. They did nothing about it. Then I called again after 10 days and after long wait they said that they are going to send it after my call.
RobertB
RobertBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC47 posts

What’s happened service gone down hill, but prices sky rocketed

As a long term Momentum customer, who has told many friends how good Momentum was, but there has been considerable change of culture, no reply’s to internal emails, getting the run around re huge price increases, told l couldn’t change plans, so have moved my business to another provider, was amazed at the amount of poor feedback and comments concerning present & past customers and the lack of customer service they reported. When you compare the rates on the Vic government web site, Momentum are so far down the comparasion list l thought they had gone out of business, so sad.
chris
chrisSouth-Eastern Region, NSW4 posts

avoid this company at all costs

Momentum, gave out bad information, I then transferred the account into my wife's name since then I have had know end of trouble from them and about to close the account.
they are hopeless try someone else
dr jacqualine rankine
dr jacqualine rankine4 posts

Daniel
DanielSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Ashtray
Ashtray20 posts

Worst company ever that just does not care

I am a current customer and called to get a new supply installed at another property I own. After 45 minutes and three people I was told that department was having a team meeting and to call back. Avoid at all costs
Melinda
MelindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Shocking rate increases

After only being with momentum energy for 6 months, prices are going to hike by an extra $330 per annum and by the way, that's an estimate only! You'd have to be dreamin' if I'd stay with this one. What a joke. And we found them with an energy comparison online, too. Sorry to the customer service team reading this review, I know it is not your fault at all so my review is for your CEO to read. Are they listening - I hope so!!!! BUYER BEWARE...
Angela
Angela

Disgusting company!

Not even worth 1 star. Shocking customer service. Cannot always get through to customer service...and electricity rates inconsistent. Almost one year later they still cannot spell my name correct and keep losing my email. Completely unprofessional company. The Consumer Watchdog should be looking into this company.
michael b.
michael b.

76% increase in Electricity rates

Been with Momentum about 6 months. Solar Plan. Excellent rates. However they sent email advising of rate increase from Jan1. Email advised details of current rates and new rates. However they showed current rates but not new rate. Telephoned them for details. No wonder they hadn't provided new rate! Using electricity usage figures from last bill the new rate provided for a 76%increase. Low rates to get you in then enormous increase. Using Victorian Energy compare site much better deals available. Have now changed provider!
Tstyle
TstyleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts

Emily
Emily3 posts

Wassa
WassaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

2020 Price Increase

Supply charge $1.93886 to $2.98177 up 53.7%, Off peak $0.13541 to $0.19074 up 40.86% and Peak $0.27863 to $0.24321 down 12.7% These increases are on top of similar increases when I cam out of contract earlier this year. As a small business in the metal manufacturing industry we are at the point of collapse.
All Momentum could offer to reduce the above pending increases was a remote plan with no phone support. It only took 4 hours, now I am with another energy retailer at a average 30% saving.
Grime
GrimeGippsland, VIC41 posts

rates through the roof and can't even bother to respond to emails

Rates have gone through the ceiling,requested information on why and received no response.By my calculations off peak and peak going up 50% controlled load also been increased.Looking for another retailer but hard to find any that haven't pushed prices up.
Kings
KingsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC23 posts

Beware - Terrible company - massive price "Gouges"

Do not use this company
Just received a letter today from Momentum Energy (letter attached) telling us that our bill will increase on the 1st Jan 2020 by a massive "25%" $980 extra next year... This is typical energy company price gouging...
It won't be happening as I will be going elsewhere....
They make it difficult by creating this mess over the Xmas break so people don't have the time to change companies over that time period, with Xmas breaks etc...
Very unhappy...

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now