Momentum Energy

Momentum Energy (page 3 of 13)

2.1

• Rates and Fees
Kings

KingsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Beware - Terrible company - massive price "Gouges"

Do not use this company
Just received a letter today from Momentum Energy (letter attached) telling us that our bill will increase on the 1st Jan 2020 by a massive "25%" $980 extra next year... This is typical energy company price gouging...
It won't be happening as I will be going elsewhere....
They make it difficult by creating this mess over the Xmas break so people don't have the time to change companies over that time period, with Xmas breaks etc...
Very unhappy...

Katrina

KatrinaVictoria

I would not recommend this company! They stuff up your payment plans, the amount goes up every week! Ridiculous company

process takes forever. They loose your details everytime. I only have electricity with them. They dont take out your direct debit everytime, then your slammed with a over due e-mail.

Dede

DedeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Little customer service

Sean O.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The worst service EVER

For 6 months I have not been able to get through on the phone once I select" billing enquiries ". I have sent written letter:ignored, e-mail:ignored. What to do now ? Ombudsmen

Sean O.

There is no point in calling that number... " we're a little busy right now" is all I get

Unhappy LuLismore

no communication

Accidentally paid the one of my 2 electricity accounts to the wrong account, emailed Momentum 25th September asking they transfer the amount back to correct account, no reply no adjustment, emailed again 24th October, no reply no adjustment, just an overdue amount that is not really overdue, it has been paid to wrong account. Constant over due letters for that amount, tried calling, I have a business to run, 35 minutes on hold just does not work. now the 19/11 still no adjustment or reply Just want to sort this and leave Momentum ASAP. Simply not good enough Momentum this is zero customer service.

Unhappy Lu

Maybe your team can answer my emails over the 3 month period, I will not sit on hold anymore waiting for you to answer

Unhappy Lu

No communication from you except a letter threatening to cut the power off!!!

Alyce H.

Alyce H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If I could give no stars I would

Pain to contact, they set up double direct debits so I was paying double my bill, I tried to. Intact them numerous timed to sort out and no luck, I even emailed their complaints line and no luck. I have to say they make agl look good and Im considering changing back as I dont have the time or energy to sort out their mistakes so i need to be with an electricity provider that doesnt stuff me around.

Mad

MadMurray Region, NSW

Absolutely disgusted with you

How pathetic are you my son contacted you about a excessive bill you sent him, and you blew him off he lives in a tiny 2 bedroom unit and works all the time and you send a bill for $1,200 dollars REALLY disgraceful where do you get off saying your cheapest energy LIE LIE LIE how is he to pay a bill like this he asked you to investigate the bill and you said no he had to HOW DARE YOU he will be going to the Ombudsman on this I can assure you. Feel free to contact me via email

Daniel

DanielNew South Wales

Can be in trap...agreement be careful. Terrible unreliable e mail responses.grieviences.response in ten days but they Donot. Phone calls long waiting times. Signing agreement no cooling off period...they do not want to know about cancellation

KDC

KDCMid North Coast, NSW

Rip off rates and bad customer service.

When we looked into installing solar panels on our home we were informed by the solar company how ridiculous our energy bill was from Momentum and that they were clearly overcharging us (and had been for a long while). We immediately changed to another energy company and our bills are a third of the price!!! We are hating the thought of how much money we wasted to this hideous company over the last few years! If I heard someone say they were considering opening an account with Momentum I would definitely tell them to go elsewhere!

Jasmine

JasmineSydney

Think twice - very poor service

Completely regret going with Momentum. Turns out we have been paying for someone else's electricity through Momentum's error for over 6 months. Our electricity has now been shut off and Momentum won't help me as it is my husband's name on the account, even though I can provide proof that this is my residence and my bank account paying the bills. All in all, I am without electricity, my husband is uncontactable and they refuse to provide me with the electricity I have paid for. They want me to open a new account with them and pay more money!! Not falling for that one.

Matto

MattoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible

The rates are way too high and the customer service is absolutely appalling.
Do not bother with them, go with another gas or electricity supplier like Powershop.
The customer service from these people is disgusting.

Steer clear at all costs

Absolutely disgusting service, moved in to our new house arranged gas and power connections, everything was on and working for a month then for absolutely no reason you disconnect our gas because there was an error with the address apparently, no notice, no call, no information you just decide to disconnect it, disconnected before a long weekend also how convenient. Gas was meant to be restored the day after, still no gas at 8:15pm and now no one who can assist, what a disgrace, stay clear of these amateurs, I cannot stress how poor they've been to deal with

Josh

JoshGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good Service

I have been with Momentum Energy for a while now and find that they are easy to deal with and that prices are not increased all the time. Keep up the good work.

Terrible!!!!!!

Got my first bill to find out they have not changed to my new address but are still charging me based on the old meter and ild address. Spoke to customer service the bloke did not know how to read a bill. I only came here cause iSelect said so. If i knew what everyone else is talking about i would not of even bothered.

I told the consultant to look into it and call me back.

Still waiting

Nick

Kyle L.

Kyle L.Sydney, NSW

A MASSIVE difference in prices quoted and no savings at all

I got my first bill and left Alinta thinking I'd be saving money going with Momentum. My bill was initially $450 with Origin and then increased to $600 with Alinta and now over $800 with this mob. This is seriously messed up and not what I signed up for. No electrical heaters in the house and most of it is Gas, which saw our bill change on that and we thought it would decrease a lot now but nope, not the case.

It was recommended to me and I'm not recommending it. You only have one chance at a first impression and this was atrocious to see.

No way am I paying this on time and no way am I staying if it is like either.

CASSIE

CASSIEHunter Region, NSW

Overcharged me and poor communication

Incorrect bills sent to me. I have called and emailed numerous times with no luck. The auto response from their online form says they will reply within 6 business days. Weeks later I am still waiting for a reply. Three months now since disconnection and I'm still waiting.

ssaq22

ssaq22Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible Customer Service

Have been with the company for a while at my old house, the customer service has really declined. Wait for hours to talk to rude staff. Had issue with direct debit payment which I setup online, the customer service rep. for unhelpful and rude. The website is awful and need to be more intuitive. Not a happy customer.

jon

jonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Should have read the reviews

jaime13

jaime13AU

Shocking customer service!

Momentum have texted, emailed and snail mailed me over an issue I have already resolved. My attempts to contact them by phone have resulted in my spending 10 then 20 then another 20 minutes on hold. Am up to the 14 minute mark on this call and losing hope. I have no issue with their rates or gas supply but I will be changing providers to whoever has better customer service.

Kent B.

Kent B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service is non existent

Recently switched and regretting it. They will not answer the phone. Tried to call on numerous occasions at different times of the day. Always get the same message, "We're a little busy now ....." , waited for 45 minutes and then transferred through to leave a message. No one calls back
Do not take up their offer.