Momentum Energy

Momentum Energy (page 4 of 13)

2.1

• Rates and Fees
Bennyboy

BennyboyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely crap

Get ready to sit on the phone for 30-45 minutes or more before they answer! Absolutely crap customer service! Would not recommend this company to people I dislike! Do not sign up

Rey

Rey

OK is the way

The only negative I can think of is when I joined the company and they had to arrange for an electrician to come to do the first meter-reading, they did not let us know what time they were coming and also left the switch off, which caused me stress to knock on multiple neighbours' doors to get access to the electricity room to turn on the switch. Otherwise, electricity has been cheap.

mmm

mmm

They don't care, no loyalty.

Kristine R.New South Wales

Poor Customer Service

Have called Monentum on three different occasions today regarding a simple query regarding my first bill. Sat on hold for 29, 12 then 27 minutes. From other reviews I have read this is the 'norm'. I'm going to look for a new provider

Graeme

GraemeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Non existant customer service

Don't bother calling Momentum's customer service number 1300 662 778 as no mater menu you get and select the number to speak to someone you are put on indefinite hold. My advice is dump them go elsewhere

Anon

AnonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

$500 dollar bill for 1 month

Got recent bill to have $500 bill for 1 month
When I rang was told it’s the rates and on peak billing but no real info. I asked what I can do as very higher compared to same time last year only to be told that I should do a check and a call out is ver expensive .. poor form

Ceedy

CeedyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

NO customer service

Called to discuss a bill and was placed on hold for 40 mins, my call was then disconnect, called back and was placed on hold again - I Have Ben on hold now for 48 Mins!!

mounir z.

mounir z.Sydney, NSW

absolutely terrible service. The worst you could have in Australia

Tracy Buijs

Good at giving customers the run around

Momentum E.Momentum Energy

Hi Tracy. thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We would love to investigate into what happened as this is not the experience we would have liked you to have. Please email us at info@momentum.com.au and we will look into it.
- Danielle

DanMelbourne

Letter advising of peak rates increasing by 33% and off-peak by 61%

I received a letter advising of a massive hike in rates, 33% increase for peak and 61% for off-peak.
I went to the website and there are no published plans with rates this high.
So instead of contacting me to discuss taking one of the published plans they instead chose to send me a letter with ridiculous rates. Poor form. It's a low tactic to catch a certain percentage of customers who aren't paying attention or haven't got time to keep an eye on their every move.
I see from the other comments this is happening often to existing customers.
And their motto is “less hassle, more hustle” ……give me a spell.

Tony,
No need to be sorry for your bait and switch tactics. You are what you are.
Just hope my review can inform potential customers on what to expect.
-Dan

Mubasher

MubasherGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely Brilliant Customer service and Rates

Absolutely brilliant customer service, rates are very cheap and good. Been with them for few months and enjoying the savings on my Electricity and Gas bills. I always recommend them to our customers. Cheers!

CremorneCool

CremorneCoolGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I still find Momentum customer service & rates outstanding - superior to all the rest!

Karen Reid

Karen ReidMurray Region, NSW

High rates and no information about tariff rates available on-line

My disabled son that lives by himself just got his 3 month electricity bill for nearly $1000 - looking for information about his tariff rates on-line is not available and only way to get information is for momentum to do a call back - it is the weekend and I need information now!!!

Keht

KehtNortheast, VIC

Our contract concluded,we received no notification and were then put by Momentum onto their highest rate!

We were in a contract with Momentum Energy. This contract expired. We were not notified & Momentum then placed us on their HIGHEST Rate. We spoke to Momentum about this to no avail.Further, they never returned any calls as promised & we have had to wait on hold for extended times every time we call. Their phone hold service dose not even place what number in the que you are, or how long you can expect to wait.

Jonathon P

Jonathon PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long term, expensive, bait & switch pricing

Alan D

Alan DMid North Coast, NSW

Keep Away from Momentum

I signed up with Momentum on Dec 5, 2018. I had checked online, the figures looked good. Phoned and spoke with Mark, went through everything???, advised how much I would be saving and I signed up. Received the docs very quickly. Reviewed the charges and at the bottom was an extra charge 'Metering Charge'. Never mentioned online or during chat with Mark. Just a small additional charge of $2.8277/day - $835 per year.
Phoned Momentum they advised it was a wholesaler charge. Phoned the wholesaler. They advised they had never heard of it and it was nothing to do with them. I immediately cancelled the signup. No apology from Momentum for misleading, maybe even criminal, not mentioning such a huge charge.
Do not go near Them.

John

John

Rude sales team. Pricing is bait and switch

I got a quote from energy wizard with a really good price. I signed up but then got told no, I couldn't sign up. To make matters worse the sales rep so obnoxiously rude and kept talking over me. I actually had to ask if I could speak.

[name removed] is doing his best to deal with the situation, but I hope he realises if they treat customers and potential customers like this they'll treat employees worse.

Avoid at all costs

Ridiculous in every way

Seanj73Melbourne

Fair price on sign up....then it’s all downhill from there

Thought I would try an Australian company as that would seem the norm. All good at the start when you’re switching companies but then the bills just start skyrocketing!! When I questioned the increase as a long serving customer I was told that ‘our rates our the best in the market and we can’t assist with any discounts as you are on our best rate’ BABPAU!!! wrong answer!! When I requested for a quote as a new customer I was baffled and amazed on the difference of pricing!!! And to make matters worse I used the online ‘Quote’ system and used my neighbors house number and it was SIGNIFICANTLY less than mine, plus it’s a bigger home with larger land!!! Just remember momentum....A long term customer is the best kind of customer.

Terrible Customer Service

We moved into our property over a year ago. When we received the first bill for the property we queried a 'Summer Demand' charge, its been over a year and is still ongoing. We are constantly having to follow Momentum Energy up and get no response back. They also lied to us about sending United Energy a review, this was never done but we were told it was rejected. I would never recommend this company.

JFS21

Hi Julian, I've sent multiple emails to Momentum and are still waiting responses.