2.0

23% · 77246 · 74%

Katrina
KatrinaVictoria

I would not recommend this company! They stuff up your payment plans, the amount goes up every week! Ridiculous company

process takes forever. They loose your details everytime. I only have electricity with them. They dont take out your direct debit everytime, then your slammed with a over due e-mail.

Dede
DedeRichmond-Tweed, NSW2 posts

Sean O.
Sean O.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC15 posts

The worst service EVER

For 6 months I have not been able to get through on the phone once I select" billing enquiries ". I have sent written letter:ignored, e-mail:ignored. What to do now ? Ombudsmen
Unhappy Lu
Unhappy LuLismore9 posts

no communication

Accidentally paid the one of my 2 electricity accounts to the wrong account, emailed Momentum 25th September asking they transfer the amount back to correct account, no reply no adjustment, emailed again 24th October, no reply no adjustment, just an overdue amount that is not really overdue, it has been paid to wrong account. Constant over due letters for that amount, tried calling, I have a business to run, 35 minutes on hold just does not work. now the 19/11 still no adjustment or reply Just want to sort this and leave Momentum ASAP. Simply not good enough Momentum this is zero customer service.
Alyce H.
Alyce H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts

If I could give no stars I would

Pain to contact, they set up double direct debits so I was paying double my bill, I tried to. Intact them numerous timed to sort out and no luck, I even emailed their complaints line and no luck. I have to say they make agl look good and Im considering changing back as I dont have the time or energy to sort out their mistakes so i need to be with an electricity provider that doesnt stuff me around.

Mad
MadMurray Region, NSW

Absolutely disgusted with you

How pathetic are you my son contacted you about a excessive bill you sent him, and you blew him off he lives in a tiny 2 bedroom unit and works all the time and you send a bill for $1,200 dollars REALLY disgraceful where do you get off saying your cheapest energy LIE LIE LIE how is he to pay a bill like this he asked you to investigate the bill and you said no he had to HOW DARE YOU he will be going to the Ombudsman on this I can assure you. Feel free to contact me via email
Daniel
DanielNew South Wales

Can be in trap...agreement be careful. Terrible unreliable e mail responses.grieviences.response in ten days but they Donot. Phone calls long waiting times. Signing agreement no cooling off period...they do not want to know about cancellation
KDC
KDCMid North Coast, NSW9 posts

Rip off rates and bad customer service

When we looked into installing solar panels on our home we were informed by the solar company how ridiculous our energy bill was from Momentum and that they were clearly overcharging us (and had been for a long while). We immediately changed to another energy company and our bills are a third of the price!!! We are hating the thought of how much money we wasted to this hideous company over the last few years! If I heard someone say they were considering opening an account with Momentum I would definitely tell them to go elsewhere!
Jasmine
JasmineSydney4 posts

Think twice - very poor service

Completely regret going with Momentum. Turns out we have been paying for someone else's electricity through Momentum's error for over 6 months. Our electricity has now been shut off and Momentum won't help me as it is my husband's name on the account, even though I can provide proof that this is my residence and my bank account paying the bills. All in all, I am without electricity, my husband is uncontactable and they refuse to provide me with the electricity I have paid for. They want me to open a new account with them and pay more money!! Not falling for that one.

Matto
MattoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

Terrible

The rates are way too high and the customer service is absolutely appalling.
Do not bother with them, go with another gas or electricity supplier like Powershop.
The customer service from these people is disgusting.
Trent D.
Trent D.

Steer clear at all costs

Absolutely disgusting service, moved in to our new house arranged gas and power connections, everything was on and working for a month then for absolutely no reason you disconnect our gas because there was an error with the address apparently, no notice, no call, no information you just decide to disconnect it, disconnected before a long weekend also how convenient. Gas was meant to be restored the day after, still no gas at 8:15pm and now no one who can assist, what a disgrace, stay clear of these amateurs, I cannot stress how poor they've been to deal with
Josh
JoshGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC12 posts

Good Service

I have been with Momentum Energy for a while now and find that they are easy to deal with and that prices are not increased all the time. Keep up the good work.
nickkuru
nickkuru

Terrible!!!!!!

Got my first bill to find out they have not changed to my new address but are still charging me based on the old meter and ild address. Spoke to customer service the bloke did not know how to read a bill. I only came here cause iSelect said so. If i knew what everyone else is talking about i would not of even bothered.

I told the consultant to look into it and call me back.

Still waiting

Nick

Kyle L.
Kyle L.Sydney, NSW2 posts

A MASSIVE difference in prices quoted and no savings at all

I got my first bill and left Alinta thinking I'd be saving money going with Momentum. My bill was initially $450 with Origin and then increased to $600 with Alinta and now over $800 with this mob. This is seriously messed up and not what I signed up for. No electrical heaters in the house and most of it is Gas, which saw our bill change on that and we thought it would decrease a lot now but nope, not the case.

It was recommended to me and I'm not recommending it. You only have one chance at a first impression and this was atrocious to see.

No way am I paying this on time and no way am I staying if it is like either.

CASSIE
CASSIEHunter Region, NSW

Overcharged me and poor communication

Incorrect bills sent to me. I have called and emailed numerous times with no luck. The auto response from their online form says they will reply within 6 business days. Weeks later I am still waiting for a reply. Three months now since disconnection and I'm still waiting.
ssaq22
ssaq22Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Horrible Customer Service

Have been with the company for a while at my old house, the customer service has really declined. Wait for hours to talk to rude staff. Had issue with direct debit payment which I setup online, the customer service rep. for unhelpful and rude. The website is awful and need to be more intuitive. Not a happy customer.

jon
jonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts
jaime13
jaime13AU3 posts

Shocking customer service!

Momentum have texted, emailed and snail mailed me over an issue I have already resolved. My attempts to contact them by phone have resulted in my spending 10 then 20 then another 20 minutes on hold. Am up to the 14 minute mark on this call and losing hope. I have no issue with their rates or gas supply but I will be changing providers to whoever has better customer service.
Kent B.
Kent B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer Service is non existent

Recently switched and regretting it. They will not answer the phone. Tried to call on numerous occasions at different times of the day. Always get the same message, "We're a little busy now ....." , waited for 45 minutes and then transferred through to leave a message. No one calls back
Do not take up their offer.
Bennyboy
BennyboyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Absolutely crap

Get ready to sit on the phone for 30-45 minutes or more before they answer! Absolutely crap customer service! Would not recommend this company to people I dislike! Do not sign up
Rey
Rey4 posts

OK is the way

The only negative I can think of is when I joined the company and they had to arrange for an electrician to come to do the first meter-reading, they did not let us know what time they were coming and also left the switch off, which caused me stress to knock on multiple neighbours' doors to get access to the electricity room to turn on the switch. Otherwise, electricity has been cheap.
mmm
mmm6 posts

Kristine R.
Kristine R.New South Wales5 posts

Poor Customer Service

Have called Monentum on three different occasions today regarding a simple query regarding my first bill. Sat on hold for 29, 12 then 27 minutes. From other reviews I have read this is the 'norm'. I'm going to look for a new provider
Graeme
GraemeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Non existant customer service

Don't bother calling Momentum's customer service number 1300 662 778 as no mater menu you get and select the number to speak to someone you are put on indefinite hold. My advice is dump them go elsewhere
Luxmi Cruse
Luxmi CruseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

$500 dollar bill for 1 month

Got recent bill to have $500 bill for 1 month
When I rang was told it’s the rates and on peak billing but no real info. I asked what I can do as very higher compared to same time last year only to be told that I should do a check and a call out is ver expensive .. poor form
Ceedy
CeedyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC10 posts

NO customer service

Called to discuss a bill and was placed on hold for 40 mins, my call was then disconnect, called back and was placed on hold again - I Have Ben on hold now for 48 Mins!!

mounir z.
mounir z.Sydney, NSW

Tracy Buijs
Tracy Buijs8 posts

Momentum Energy   DM

Hi Tracy. thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We would love to investigate into what happened as this is not the experience we would have liked you to have. Please email us at info@momentum.com.au and we will look into it.
- Danielle

Dan
DanMelbourne3 posts

Letter advising of peak rates increasing by 33% and off-peak by 61%

I received a letter advising of a massive hike in rates, 33% increase for peak and 61% for off-peak.
I went to the website and there are no published plans with rates this high.
So instead of contacting me to discuss taking one of the published plans they instead chose to send me a letter with ridiculous rates. Poor form. It's a low tactic to catch a certain percentage of customers who aren't paying attention or haven't got time to keep an eye on their every move.
I see from the other comments this is happening often to existing customers.
And their motto is “less hassle, more hustle” ……give me a spell.
Mubasher
MubasherGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Absolutely Brilliant Customer service and Rates

Absolutely brilliant customer service, rates are very cheap and good. Been with them for few months and enjoying the savings on my Electricity and Gas bills. I always recommend them to our customers. Cheers! Show reply
CremorneCool
CremorneCoolGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Karen Reid
Karen ReidMurray Region, NSW2 posts

High rates and no information about tariff rates available on-line

My disabled son that lives by himself just got his 3 month electricity bill for nearly $1000 - looking for information about his tariff rates on-line is not available and only way to get information is for momentum to do a call back - it is the weekend and I need information now!!!
Keht
KehtNortheast, VIC11 posts

Our contract concluded,we received no notification and were then put by Momentum onto their highest rate!

We were in a contract with Momentum Energy. This contract expired. We were not notified & Momentum then placed us on their HIGHEST Rate. We spoke to Momentum about this to no avail.Further, they never returned any calls as promised & we have had to wait on hold for extended times every time we call. Their phone hold service dose not even place what number in the que you are, or how long you can expect to wait.
Jonathon P
Jonathon PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts
Alan D
Alan DMid North Coast, NSW4 posts

Keep Away from Momentum

I signed up with Momentum on Dec 5, 2018. I had checked online, the figures looked good. Phoned and spoke with Mark, went through everything???, advised how much I would be saving and I signed up. Received the docs very quickly. Reviewed the charges and at the bottom was an extra charge 'Metering Charge'. Never mentioned online or during chat with Mark. Just a small additional charge of $2.8277/day - $835 per year.
Phoned Momentum they advised it was a wholesaler charge. Phoned the wholesaler. They advised they had never heard of it and it was nothing to do with them. I immediately cancelled the signup. No apology from Momentum for misleading, maybe even criminal, not mentioning such a huge charge.
Do not go near Them.
John
John7 posts

Rude sales team. Pricing is bait and switch

I got a quote from energy wizard with a really good price. I signed up but then got told no, I couldn't sign up. To make matters worse the sales rep so obnoxiously rude and kept talking over me. I actually had to ask if I could speak.

[name removed] is doing his best to deal with the situation, but I hope he realises if they treat customers and potential customers like this they'll treat employees worse.

Avoid at all costs

Bloody Angry Woman
Bloody Angry Woman2 posts

Seanj73
Seanj73Melbourne3 posts

Fair price on sign up....then it’s all downhill from there

Thought I would try an Australian company as that would seem the norm. All good at the start when you’re switching companies but then the bills just start skyrocketing!! When I questioned the increase as a long serving customer I was told that ‘our rates our the best in the market and we can’t assist with any discounts as you are on our best rate’ BABPAU!!! wrong answer!! When I requested for a quote as a new customer I was baffled and amazed on the difference of pricing!!! And to make matters worse I used the online ‘Quote’ system and used my neighbors house number and it was SIGNIFICANTLY less than mine, plus it’s a bigger home with larger land!!! Just remember momentum....A long term customer is the best kind of customer.

JFS21
JFS214 posts

Terrible Customer Service

We moved into our property over a year ago. When we received the first bill for the property we queried a 'Summer Demand' charge, its been over a year and is still ongoing. We are constantly having to follow Momentum Energy up and get no response back. They also lied to us about sending United Energy a review, this was never done but we were told it was rejected. I would never recommend this company.

Webb
WebbMelbourne2 posts

Sent overdue bill that's been payed, threatening to turn power off!!!

We were sent a random power bill that has already been payed and we always pay the bill on time. My partner has emailed them proof and spoken on the phone to them a few times with no result and they keep sending a bill that changes in value. They are now threatening to turn the power off if this is not paid but it's a muck Up at their end and we don't owe a cent. Is our next move getting a lawyer in and changing company or can we speak to someone who actually knows what they are doing there?! Disgusting service, we have a life and don't need stupid crap like this to waste our precious time.

Momentum Energy   DM

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now