Mondis MD5200

Mondis MD5200

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not all it seems to be

Purchased this model ( my 1st new chainsaw), after 5 used models in 38 years. It ran well for the first 3 tank full of fuel, & then I didn't use the choke to try to restart it. After numerous pulls in vain it suddenly burst into flame for short time. As it was under new warranty & had done less than 2 hours work, I returned it o the place of purchase, who in turn passed it on to their mechanic for inspection. Nothing was found to be wrong physically, but the chain oil adjustment was on max( factory set) & the carburettor needed adjustment ( factory set).
I was told that the machine wouldn't be released to me until I had paid for the mechanic's inspection fee of $79 !!!
In other words , I hadn't followed operating instructions as per the book & was liable for the fee.
How's that for good customer relations .
It does work ok & is still under warranty. Be aware. Dave

Cheap Rubbish

I purchased this Chainsaw from Mondis with high hopes .My mistake .Put the bar and chain on .Put in the fuel 3 pulls of the cord and the cord rewind mechanism flew apart .Iam a motor mechanic by trade so I had a look .The mechanism is all plastic on a cheap plastic spindle that broke off .Not made to last by any means at $149.00 save your money.Threw mine in the bin and kept the bar and chain .