Moose Mobile

Great value and service

Switched to Moose because of the great value. Have not had any issues with the service since, like dropouts and download speeds. Value for money is great. One little problem I'm having is, I can't opt out of receiving messages for missed calls. Tried the two options but it's not working for me. I would recommend to anyone.

Included Data per Month:10 GB
Hi Daniel, Thanks for the review! It's very much appreciated. Can you please private message us with your details and we will remove the missed call service on your number for you. Alternatively, you can = call us on 1300 566 673 and one our customer service reps will fix this issue. Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

Excellent service

Had no problem with the speed of downloads and network is fine. I was with Optus before but Moose is 40% cheaper with more data. My daughter Sarah recommenced Moose

Plan Cost per Month: $25.00
Hi Terry, Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and please thank your daughter on our behalf for recommending Moose.you should thank her, she has already had three friends go over to Moose

Excellent service

Changed provider to Moose in 1 day, fast speeds: 28 Mbps download, 7 Mbps upload in St Kilda, VIC. Also the support waiting times were short so far. The support was friendly. Thanks!

Included Data per Month:10 GB
Thanks for the excellent review, Evgenii. Welcome to Moose!

Excellent service and prices!

I am yet to have a single drop out and the Internet speeds have been great. I was with Optus before and am so happy i have left them. I have recommended to my friends.

Plan Cost per Month: $14.00
Included Data per Month:0 GB
Thanks for the lovely words of recommendation, Peter! Many people are unaware that we carry the exact same network as Optus, so it's great to see you're getting identical coverage at a lower price.

I picked Moose because of their excellent service rating and competitive charges. The transition from my old telco to Moose went seamlessly and we haven't looked back. My only point of provement would be for Moose to build an app that shows data usage etc. much like the Vodafone app.

Plan Cost per Month: $14.00
Included Data per Month:2 GB
Hi Neil, You'll be happy to know that we do actually have an App that you can use to check data usage on your phone. It's really handy! To download it, just search for "moose mobile" on either the Google Play Store or Apple App Store (depending on what kind of phone you use). Using our app you can check your usage, pay your bill, or even check your call history. All you need to do is put in your email address and password with Moose to login. If you've forgotten your password, we also have a password reset button to help you reset it. Please let us know if you needed any help in getting the app installed. We'll be happy to help! Kind regards, Moose Mobile SupportThanks yes I have the app. I was suggesting having an app that has a quick reference dashboard like Vodafone so you don't have to log in each time you want to check on usage. I'd send a screen shot but can't work out how to do it.

Such great value for money !!!!! The whole family are on the plan.

Coverage has been 100% so far but only city based.
Download speed is fine but we have wifi at home and at work.
So far meet all expectations of a young family

Plan Cost per Month: $9.90
Included Data per Month:1 GB
Great to hear you're enjoying our service, Vanessa. A very hearty welcome to the whole family from our family here at Moose!

excellent service

excellent service for the price thus far no network coverage or outage issues I don't use data as such, my husband is changing to moose next month from another network

Plan Cost per Month: $9.99
Thanks for the review, Michael. Thanks for choosing Moose!

Started of amazing, it went downhill.

They started off great! Very helpful, smooth transitions and competitive pricing. However pretty soon the competitive pricing didn’t match up to what other plans were offering and the reception was unreliable. There were also huge bills if you went over your data as they do not offer purchasing extra data until you reach the end of month. The transfer process over to another plan was also difficult as they didn’t not release my number despite assurance they would do so once my new plans operators contacted them. It was a long winded process to eventually get this done. Overall they’re ok but I wouldn’t recommend them the way I used too.

Hi Gem, Sorry to hear your experience with us didn't end quite as you expected. We always try to help new customers find the plan that suits them, so we give them the option to change plans for no extra cost so they can get a feel for how much data they'll be using per month. Additionally, we recommend customers download the Moose App on their phone. This way, customers get a plan with enough data to meet their data needs and they have the ability to track this usage and make sure they don't go over their monthly allowance. This helps in avoiding even small excess charge. When you ported out your number to another provider you would have provided them with your mobile number and your Moose account number. We're not able to delay this process in any way, as the whole thing is done automatically through Optus' systems once your new provider puts in a transfer request. If there is a delay in a number transfer it's generally the result of incorrectly input information from a new provider, as the transfer request would be rejected and have to be retried. Thanks for letting us know about your concerns, Gem. We're always happy to receive feedback such as yours so we can constantly improve the service we provide to customers. Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

Tops! Smooth as. Good value.

I was doing a bit of research for a friend who was still on Telsta (hahahaha) and I told her to give Amaysim a try, as I'd been using them for years. I did a bit of research and found Moose Mobile, and thought I'd give them a try. Glad I did, as I'm spending less and am on a better plan.

Thanks for the kind words of recommendation, stan0matic! It's always nice to stumble upon a better deal while doing research online.

Great... but

I signed Moose Mobile a year before and all good until now. I never contacted the customer service for any reasons because I don't get any problems such as network issues etc...

Today, I requested the customer service to upgrade my plan to the next level. They said I have to wait until the next billing period which is another 17 days to go. I have to call international numbers hence I requested. I also not worried about losing money from the current plan but they rejected. Now, I'm moving to another provider.

I enjoyed thoroughly with Moose Mobile and may be back in future.

Included Data per Month:5 GB
Hi kathir77, Thanks for lovely review! It's great to hear your past 12 months with Moose has been a positive experience. Unfortunately, while we would love to fulfil your request for a plan change, there are certain limitations when it comes to how we can upgrade and downgrade plans on the network. Because Optus provides certain plans to Moose in calendar month blocks, we're required to make sure customers have their billing cycles line up to these blocks to prevent any issues. Attempting to force a change part way through a billing cycle would cause more damage to your plan and bill than if you were to wait until your new billing cycle started, and this is why our policy exists. Importantly, while you might not be able to use any international call credit while you wait for a plan change, every Moose plan comes with free international SMS and MMS, so you can still contact your friends and family overseas. If you're after some more specific information about plan changes and billing cycles, please send us a private message and we can try our best to explain further. Thanks for the great feedback and review. We hope to see you again in the future! Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

So far so good - easy switch

Signed up Sat, had mail Wed (normal delivery). Activated SIM Thurs 5.30pm online and had connectivity 9.20am next morning. Communication good, off hands on boarding easy. Let's see from here.

Plan Cost per Month: $0.00
Included Data per Month:0 GB
Thanks for the review, AineMhaire! We're always happy to hear that the switch was easy and hassle free for our customers.Actually a quick update : thought I had connectivity but turns out that was only for calls. Called customer service after 12hours, couldnt have been more helpful. Some issue with how Optus had done the porting out. Problem fixed.Thanks for the update, AineMhaire. We very much appreciate the kind words on our customer service team's effort to get your service up and running. Thanks for choosing Moose!

Good online, hands off onboarding

Moose has a great 30$ a month 15gb unlimited calls text month to month plan.
Perfect for me. Onboarding was great but the only thing that was unclear was how to activate my sim.
Perhaps include an "activate sim" button on the login homepage at https://moosemobile.com.au/secure/account_overview so your new users wont have to google "moose active sim"

Thanks for the great feedback, Ihsan! We're always looking to make quality of life improvements to our website, so I'll pass along your suggestion to the web devs for their perusal. Thanks again!

I am completely satisfied with Moose Mobile

My network coverage is very reliable, no problems with it at all.I haven’t had any drop outs.
My data download speed is plenty for me at this time.

Great to see you're 100% satisfied with your service, Gwen. Many thanks for the recommendation from everyone here at Moose!

Excellent service at very competitive price.

Have not noticed any reliability issues with network coverage. Speed of download sufficient for my use. Great to be able to talk to support person in Australia.

Thanks for the lovely feedback, Keith. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

SO FAR SO GOOD

So far I cannot fault them - I am a hard customer to please at times! SIM posted out very quickly, I delayed connecting and received a courtesy call each month,. When I asked to increase plan and chose date to port number across - was carried out seamlessly.Communication good. Reception has been good so far.

Great to hear you're enjoying the service so far, Shona. Thanks for choosing Moose Mobile!

Worry free .

Straight forward plan . Good comunication and easy access to information with app or online website plus live operators .
Would recomend to anyone who needs a new reliable provider .

We love the mantra "no worries". Thanks for the great review and recommendation!

Moose is not a goose

Generally, I have no problems with the Moose Mobile network. I have had reception difficulties concerning people not being able to hear me. But not recently. So thank you Moose Mobile. I am happy. Thank you.

Thanks for recommending us, Noel. Glad to see you're happy with your service!

Love the moose

I have found Moose to be very good, no problems with coverage, or drop outs, billing is efficient and excess data is billed at standard rate on the amount used. Not like some that will bill you for a full gig just days before it resets.

Thanks for the lovely review, Rob. It's good to see you're a fan of our excess data policy. It doesn't really make sense to charge someone for a whole GB, so we're happy to provide a service where you only pay for what you use!

Great service and amazing value for money

Very happy with Moose. First the customer service is excellent. Very quick to follow up and answer questions. Secondly, for such a reasonable contract, the actual service is flawless. Call quality is perfect, the 4g coverage is excellent. No issues whatsoever. The data speeds are perfectly acceptable. And for a fraction of the cost of regular providers - can't complain!

Thanks for the great list of compliments, Curtis. We hope you enjoy your time with Moose!

Good choice for mobile contract

I have only moved to Moose during the last few months and I have had no issues whatsoever in that time period. The move from Kogan went through seemlessly and on the same day as I initiated the sim card .I am paying less money for a sim only contract and am now with Optus rather than Vodaphone and I now have more coverage than previously. So far can highly recommend Moose.

Thanks for recommending us, Tess!

Hi there, what would happen if I spent all of my data? Am I going to get a auto top up or not? Thanks.
Hi Bram, Once you've used your entire month's data inclusion you'll start using excess data. If you do plan to use more data than is included in your allowance then we highly recommend you keep track of your usage using our Moose Mobile App, which is available from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Excess data is charged at 1.5 cents per megabyte, which comes out to roughly $15 per GB. Importantly though, we'll only bill you in KB increments, so if you go over my 100MB then you'll only be charged for what you've used. This is unlike some other providers, who will charge you for a full 1GB even if you used less than this. Please let us know if you had any other questions about our service. We'll be happy to assist! Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

Do you have an option to block apps from being downloaded? Example: Fortnite and Facebook. Do you have capped data usage like Spintel do?
Hi Stav70, Since we only provide a service to a phone and don't have the ability to make changes on them, we can't prevent certain apps from being downloaded using a service we provide. Depending on your phone there might be certain features that allow specific apps from being downloaded. For example, iPhone has a similar feature that you can read about here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4175759 In regards to your second question, we're not able to stop your data at exactly 100% since we're a post-paid service. We do stop data usage at a certain point of excess usage, but this is in order to prevent customers from getting large bills from all of their excess usage spend. Please let us know if you had any further questions on our service. We'll be happy to help! Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

Can you provide a service at my address? My previous investigations revealed that neither Optus or vodaphone could provide a service to me so I had no option but to go with Telstra.
Hi Chicky Babe, You can check if there is decent Optus reception in your area by using the interactive coverage map on our website here: https://moosemobile.com.au/coverage This is a just a generic Optus coverage map, so you can use a similar map from Optus' website to gauge your potential coverage as well. Simply input your current address and take a look at the coverage rating for your area. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to let us know. We'll be happy to help! Kind regards, Moose Mobile Support

Similar listings