Mooval Removals & Cleaning

4.3
  • Rates and Fees
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

Worst experience dealing with this company

We sold our house and Mooval turned up a day after the initial booking date which caused issues with handover. This was only after I called asking where they were?? Our furniture then went into storage arranged by them until the new place was built. Two weeks later I received a call by one of their movers, saying he has my furniture and on his way. The new place wasn't ready and this date was not booked in. So back they went to put my stuff in storage.. After more phone calls to sort the issues and finally I was moved into the new home at a later date. I now have a broken grandfather clock, broken coffee table, stained leather couch and marked TV unit. Now of course they are not responding to my attempts to contact and email them.

JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ripped off charged extra $5k compared to quote

Quoted $7k for 4bdrm home plus shed.
They turned up with a 25m3 truck already half full of someone else's furniture we were charged $4k for 10m3 of space for this trick.
Another truck bigger 43m3 arrived next day and packed the rest of the furniture. No mention of extra costs until packed and finished the driver
then handed over invoice for $11,900. No discussion nothing. The driver said the company regularly does this and he hayrs this part of job because customers never get told about the extra costs.
Disgusting. On arrival several items broken. We
Will be taking legal action for the extra costs and broken items. To date no reply from company.

And the broken items ???

Grace
GraceGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Watch out scammers like Frank

The mover was great. sadly, the management and the office were horrific I do not wish to deal with these people again. when quoting they will not explain the additional cost charging on the day of moving / cleaning. And quote x2 more than initial cost. Then suddenly become hostile and yelling on the phone til you give up and pay. I understand some small business have to survive with gimmics, but this was such a low act, I felt sad for it.

Louise A.Victoria

Hit and Miss - Look Elsewhere

Adam
AdamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No care or responsibility!

not impressed

Damaged furniture, damaged walls and
poor communication. Wish we used a different company. Overall very poor experience.
Insisted on payment upfront!!! Would not recommend unless you want slow workers who aren’t careful.

Tamara K.
Tamara K.

Not the best

I moved a 2 bedroom apartment. After a quote of 1.5 hour it took 3 hours to get the job done. So I paid 3 times the price . Also they don’t know how to remove TVs off the wall so beware!

beccar
beccarGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Overall poor experience

We can’t pinpoint a positive from using Mooval; we were under quoted (the final amount came in at $400 over their estimated maximum), the customer service was smarmy and one of the two guys who did the move was lazy - we ended up being passed boxes to unload by one of the guys, while the other folded blankets. The end location was a storage unit and as they unpacked the truck, they took one trolley at a time to put in the storage unit, rather than packing the hoist with everything and doing one load. They were late to arrive (traffic excuse) and had no sense of urgency. We wish we went with another company.

AlexGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible service. They may threaten clients with physical violence.

They cancelled the move at the last minute, because I told them I was unhappy with their delays in arriving. When I told them I would reflect my unhappiness on their website, they threatened me with physical violence "I'll come there and break your neck" was their exact statement. Terrible service, not recommended at all.

Find out how Mooval Removals & Cleaning compares to other Furniture Removalists

First time and definitely the last

Took very long time, not sure if that was done intentionally or because they were beginners.
They didn't have a power drill, I had to ask one of my friends to come and get me one to get the job done. I am not against beginners, but when the job is done on hourly rate that has to be considered.

Mr Z
Mr ZGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great at First!

Nancy C.
Nancy C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst removalist experience I have ever had

Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

great and friendly service

Prompt, efficient and friendly service from Kim and Shubh. From the moment Kim turned up to shift my house it was a really great experience. I would recommend these lads to anyone. Terrific service.
Thanks!