Listing monitored by More Green Energy

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (4) · No (6)
  • Purchase Price$3,500.00

Good price. System works.

Contract installers arrived on date specified. The junior electrician installing the inverter positioned it wrong and cabled it wrong to the meter box. A senior electrician arrived very late on site to rectify the cabling. Upon inspection the panels were getting shade on them in the late afternoon. MGE moved the panels 2 days later. Had to deal with MGE twice since installation with both issues being resolved either remotely or via an onsite technician within 2 weeks. Overall, the system works well, was priced good, and I have been happy with after product service.

Warranty Claim Nightmare

Other Solar Retailers

Happy with the service provided

Got a new system from more green energy, Ben was helpful during the sales phase and Monty helped with the technical aspect of the system after the installation. Would recommend the company to my friends.

Lyn
LynSydney, NSW

Solar panel fault

My solar was continually switching off. Finally contacted More Green Energy who finally agreed it was a fault and would replace it under warranty. Unfortunately the replacement had to come from China which took nearly 3 weeks. A long time in the middle of summer! As this panel seems to have failed in other installations it should have been kept in stock in Australia! Anyway thanks for your efforts Monty - all is good for the moment.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Get quotes from Solar Retailers servicing your area

Kel
Kel

sales good,,,,,,warranty work very poor

I purchased the 6.5kw system very easy, Sales were great.... so great that i went and purchased a battery of More Green Energy.
Long story short, (July 2019) the monitoring system lasted 1 month and failed. I have been chasing More Green Energy for 3 months ( January 2020) and still have not got a solution but many conflicting stories.

Technical back up is appalling.
the system will not produce 6.5kw as advertised....it would battle to get 5kw but on a good day it gets about 4.5kw

Kel Saul

Kellie P.
Kellie P.Perth, WA

I never went ahead with the install

No issues just didn't feel 100% about it; never went ahead with the install and they kept my $100 deposit; as is legal. My fault for.jumping in quick and handing money over. They seemed professional and all but I just wasn't convinced. I went with another company.

Alexander Dang
Alexander DangSydney, NSW

Installation was good. No after sales support

The installation was good. They were accommodating to my circumstances of building a new home and there were no problems with waiting for my site to be ready. After installation and full payment, I have asked multiple times and received no help with setting up wifi monitoring.

Daniel G.
Daniel G.Central West, NSW

Some improvements need to be made

Trying to lock in a install date was a painful process with communication being terrible
However
Once the install team got started they did a quick job they had an issue with my install and had to source parts from there warehouse they got the part sent down that day to complete the job

The install team really made me change my opinion on this whole company

TXE
TXESydney, NSW

Service.

Find out how More Green Energy compares to other Solar Retailers

Good price, poor customer service

Get quotes from Solar Retailers servicing your area

Get quotes

A good deal but not a good experience

Fred
FredDenistone

Change of rating

I previously gave MGE a good review but can no longer recommend them. Product remains good; installation now has some questions; their support is all but non-existant. A system failure (maybe because if an installation issue) just after Xmas was met with “will get some-one to ring on 7th January”. On 15th, no call yet.

Price good,service average, install good

We ordered the system, price was good and equipment was what I requested , we were told it would be installed in 3 to 4 weeks, rang several times and told they were out of stock, then told the wrong shipment was sent from overseas so all the panels had to go back, week 9 we had had nothing so I called them again, I was told it would be installed Friday, Friday came and went, contacted them again and told next week, nothing, finally they said Sunday it would be installed. The sale staff did not keep in touch without being contacted . The installers turned up and did a great job. Finished on the day and cleaned up. The accounts department were quick to ask for payment, even before the job was finished.

Lie after lie after lie

Solar panels

Rishasked

I noticed that in your details you are not an approved clean energy council approved provider CEC certified. So why do you tell people you are and you are not a Approved Solar Retailer ASR More Green Energy?

Muhammad A.
Muhammad A.

I'm one of several cheated upon. I called CEC and they told me there are a lot of complaints about them

Rish

I advise you not to tolerate the scams from this company they have continued to conduct poor quality business principles since being exposed by the Energy Regulator October 2019 there are complaints constantly regarding refunds, quality, poor performance, supply non contracted products and not showing up on schedulled installation dates. The management refuse to answer calls to handle complaints or servicing of installation and they are well known by the department of Fair Trading , The Building Advocacy , The Energy Regulator and Clean Energy Council. These people are giving the renewable energy program a bad name in Australia. Yes they are cheap but at what price poor quality products, poor quality installers, poor after sales service, poor management conduct I suggest across all these areas. Looking at the complaints.

Dave
Dave

I rang the CEC today and they’ve stripped all affiliation with them. They told me they’ve received many complaints about dodgy workmanship and terrible after sales

Harry
Harryasked

Hi there
Can you send me your quote for 6.6kw system with Trina and Jinko mono perc black panel combine with Fronius inverter ?

Phil
Phil

I did not purchase Trina and Jinko mono perc black panel. I purchased Risen RSM120-6-315M 315w panels

Jeff
Jeff

I also did not purchase that system, if you want to compare quotes you should ring another company. I'm still waiting for my system to be fully installed....23 weeks and counting.

Charles
Charles

I used a Fronius Primo inverter - its faulty, works only 2 days a week since it was installed 6 months ago, and MGE are refusing to come back and fix it. Go elsewhere

Sushi
Sushiasked

What are the main difference between MONO- CRYSTALLINE and POLLY CRYSTALLINE solar panels that your company provide?

Hello Sushi,

Thank you for your question.

Please find detailed response of your questions below:

MonoCrystalline solar panels, silicon is formed into bars and cut into wafers. These types of panels are called “MonoCrystalline” to indicate that the silicon used is single-crystal silicon. Because the cell is composed of a single crystal, the electrons that generate a flow of electricity have more room to move. As a result, MonoCrystalline panels are more efficient than their polycrystalline counterparts.

Polycrystalline solar panels are also made from silicon. However, instead of using a single crystal of silicon, manufacturers melt many fragments of silicon together to form the wafers for the panel. Polycrystalline solar panels are also referred to as “multi-crystalline or many-crystal silicon. Because there are many crystals in each cell, there is to less freedom for the electrons to move. As a result, polycrystalline solar panels have lower efficiency ratings than MonoCrystalline panels.

Let us know if you have any more doubts and we would be more than happy to clear them for you.

Thank you.