Morphy Richards Accents Traditional

Morphy Richards Accents Traditional Questions & Answers

Metallic Red (102004), Graphite (102002), Rose Gold (102107), etc...

19 questions from our users

Gav

Gavasked

Accents Traditional

What is the best way to descale a Morphy Accents Traditional? A sales representative from Harvey Norman suggested using the Breville Eco Liquid Descaler. Is this right?
Kind regards
Gav

Hi Gav,
Any descaler from the Supermarket should work. Just follow the instructions on the packet. We are not affiliated with any particular descaler brands.

Affy

Affy asked

Accents Traditional

hello the kettle model is: 102031 and i have the following problem; the light on the kettle is on when i put the switch down but the kettle is not boiling. Not sure what the issue is, can you help?

Hello Affy
Thank you for contacting our office.

Please note that as part of the Glen Dimplex Australia group, the Morphy Richards range of electric product are sold with a 24 month ‘replacement only’ warranty in Australia. If your product is currently within this manufacturer’s warranty, please simply arrange return of your unit to your place of purchase along with your invoice/ proof of purchase to receive a replacement/refund.

Kirsty M.

Kirsty M.asked

Accents Traditional Sage Green (102011)

Why has your company not tested your product properly? I was so excited to find a kettle and toaster in the mint colour, to accent my kitchen and living area, and was about to place my order, but upon reading the reviews have decided against it! To be honest, I’ve not seen an appliance review with such a bad rap, and it seems most of the complaints are the same, which means it’s either a design flaw, or a manufacturing problem. Either way, I would think it’s something your company would get right onto, before more problems arise, and fix the errors that have been made!! I’m so disappointed! Does your company plan on fixing the seemingly, many flaws your product has?

Hello Kirsty
Thank you for touching base regarding your concerns with the Morphy Richards kettle (ie review posted under model: 102011).
Please note that the model number 102011 that you have commented on has now been obsolete for a number of years.
We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that the Morphy Richards range of products are always under review and being updated to improve our function and design in order to address any concerns that may arise.
Please have a look at the current model that is available in the beautiful mint green colour that you are looking to purchase:
100015 for the kettle and 240015 for the toaster.
Should you have any further question please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 556 816

Kiran

Kiranasked

Accents Traditional

How to fix filter inside the kettle which was floating inside when I opened the lid of the kettle?

Eleonore E.Morphy Richards

Hello Kiran
The filter should just slide into the holder on the inside at the front of the kettle near the top.
Please do not hesitate to call us on 1300 556 816

Giny

Ginyasked

Accents Traditional

The on/off switch on the base has stopped functioning. I turn kettle on and off at the PowerPoint when I hear the Switch try to go off. As it is the shiny stainless steel version which is no longer made, I want to keep it. Is it possible to fix the switch please?

Angela C.Morphy Richards

Hi Giny,
Unfortunately we do not have spare parts or service agents for the kettles. During the 2 year warranty period it is a replacement warranty only. If you take the kettle to a small electric appliance repairer in your area they may be able to assist.

Tilly

If it has a 2 year warranty, under Australian consumer laws Morphy Richards should replace it. I had one that malfunctioned and EVENTUALLY the manufacturer replaced it. Persevere with them.

Hi Giny,
The kettle has a 2 year warranty so please take your kettle back to place of purchase with your purchase receipt and they will be able to provide a refund or replacement. As mentioned earlier unfortunately we do not have spare parts to repair the kettle.

Kate M

Kate Masked

Accents Traditional

Do you make any other electric kettle that whistles when boiled suitable for elderly. We have an accents traditional but this would not suit the elderly as the lid is to hard for them to remove. Looking for a kettle similar to the aspect, but I need it to whistle on boil.

Tilly

When I replaced my kettle I asked the same question and no Morphy Richards does not make any. I have seen any other brands who make them with the whistle. I liked the whistle myself.

Eleonore E.Morphy Richards

Hi Kate M
In the Morphy Richards range of kettles, the Accents model is the only one that will whistle when it boils.
Please note however that it is not necessary to remove the lid except to replace the lime scale filter.
The kettle can be filled from the spout for ease of use.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 556 816

John S.

John S.asked

Accents Traditional

I have and love my kettle, however the base has come away from the electrical wires. Can these be purchased separately?

Hello John
Generally these parts are not available for the kettles, however we may be able to assist with a base for your kettle. Please contact us on 1300 556 816 and advise the model number of your kettle.

Jac

Jacasked

Accents Traditional

I am looking to replace my electric morphy Richard whistling kettle and cannot find one anywhere
Can you help me?

Hello Jac
Thank you for your enquiry. The Morphy Richards range of products are sold through the major retailers such as Harvey Norman, The Good Guys and Betta electrical, please contact these retailer in your area and they should be able to assist you. I t would also be advisable to have the model number of the kettle that you are referring to when you contact the retailers. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 556 816 should you require further assistance.

Jenny
Jenny

Hiya Jax
I got mine from Amazon.

Liz M

Liz Masked

Accents Traditional

I brought the kettle and toaster to match
The toaster is fine buy the kettle is leaking very badly from the bottom
We have had it 3 years
I would expect for a kettle that cost me over 100 dollars would last longer than 3 years
How long is warranty for I brought it from?
Good guys I'm going to take it back there it's the kettle that whistles

Hi Liz M
The warranty offered on the Morphy Richards product is 2 years - however you are right to expect the appliance to last longer than it has.
That being the case, our Customer Care team is going to touch base with you to make arrangements for the appliance to be returned to our head office for assessment/ testing.
Assuming the fault does not lie with incorrect maintenance eg descaling has not been performed and as such limescale has caused damage to the interior of the product etc our team will do all they can to assist.
Should you have any queries or concerns in relation to this, please contact our After Sales team by email: customer.care@glendimplex.com.au or phone our office: 1300 556 816
We look forward to speaking with you soon

Hi Liz & Morphy Richards Official

My kettle, purchased at JBHIFI in Launceston would be lucky to be 18 months. It is showing signs of the same corrosive scaling as the one described by Liz M and has just stopped working. I too paid $100 but have had better performance from a $7 KMart plastic one. Very disappointed.

Scottsdale Tas

SalG

SalGasked

Accents Traditional 43869 (Lemon Yellow)

I have had my accents kettle (yellow) for several years. It still works well, but the base has started making a whistle sound which it has never done before. Is this broken and in need of replacement?

Good morning SalG,
The kettle you have purchased has a whistling switch on the underside of the base. This switch can be turned on for whistling when boiling or switched off so it has no whistle. Perhaps during cleaning or moving the base you have unknowingly turned the whistling switch on.
If we can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 556 816.

Frikkie T

Frikkie Tasked

Accents Traditional Purple (102020)

Can your kettles be recoated?

Hello Frikkie T
We would not recommend the recoating of a kettle as the coating would need to be of “food grade standard”.

Mich G

Mich Gasked

Accents Traditional 43857 (Cherry Red)

Hi is it the base that whistles or the actual kettle?

Maree S
Maree S

Hi, it is the kettle that whistles

Hello Mich G
It is the kettle that whistles.

Jill

Jillasked

Accents Traditional 43857 (Cherry Red)

my kettle all of a sudden will not start, light comes on when you switch it on, but doesn't do anything. It is only 3 years old? Any ideas?

Willywag WA
Willywag WA

Hi Jill
First I'll say I'm not an electrician. But my guess is that it is an electrical fault with with an internal fuse. I think they are called a thermister in kettles. I don't think kettles are repairable and being 3 years old it sounds like you may be up for a new one as it will cost more to fix than a new one.

bev

bevasked

Accents Traditional 43866 (Brushed Stainless Steel)

Hi,
The whistle on the base of the kettle doesn't sound any more
Any suggestions?

kim stavrou
kim stavrou

Sorry don't have the answer your after .Mine stopped blowing its whistle after a few months and has never worked again.

Cheryle

Cheryleasked

Accents Traditional

I've had my kettle for three years, has always worked well... still looks like new. However recently the base has started to elicit a crackling noise after boiling. If I turn it off at the wall the noise stops. I'm worried it might be an electrical fault. is it time to buy a new kettle?

Danielle D.Morphy Richards

Hi Cheryle - you may just need to replace the base. Please contact our Customer Care team by phone: 1300 556 816 or email: customer.care@glendimplex.com.au to be advised of pricing and availability (dependent on model number)

shamyl

shamylasked

Accents Traditional

i just bought this kettle. boil water for the first time and threw the water away as instructed. after that boil and drank water for the first time and water tasted like chemical. was wondering if the plastic filter is safe health wise under high heat all the time?does this melt over time?

LFALCO
LFALCO

Hi. Despite my issue of the exterior coating flaking around the level indicator, I have no other issues with taste. I do use filtered water plus I have to clean the interior f sediments which build up over time. Not sure how the sediment gets there, but it does. I would not buy this brand of kettle again.

Housewifeasked

Accents Traditional 43857 (Cherry Red)

Just purchased Cherry Red Model 43857 Electric Kettle. What is the black toggle (my word) device hanging on the spout for? It has a wire inside a flexible plastic casing and is hooked around the pouring spout. Is it to facilitate pouring?

Faye
Faye

I think you are talking about the strainer thing, it is to strain the water in & out. Hope that helps.

Housewife

Took the Cherry Red Kettle back to store where purchased. The kettle was a model on display - and no box could be found to give the guarantee and other paper work. The toggle I queried was the security device used by stores for goods on display. They quickly removed it for us - so problem solved. Thank you for your interest. Fay.

jude

judeasked

Accents Traditional

People are saying the water taste yuk is that still the case ? I've bought both kettle and the toaster but it's for Christmas so still in box I'm now starting to think I should just take them back it's to expensive not to be happy with

Hello Jude,
The water tasted awful so we firstly boiled it with 250mls lemon juice added. No change. Then we used a solution of carb soda and water, letting it stand overnight before rinsing and reboiling filtered water. After a few boils the soda taste disappeared and we now are yuk taste free. Our friend has same kettle type and had no trouble whatsoever. Our conclusion is: it may have something to do with the time the merchandise is stored at the warehouse as we found out ours was from an older shipment. Might be prudent to ask your retailer the length of time they have had the stock. Something we intend to do for future purchases. We have not had any other issues with said kettle, quirky little whistle is now a feature of our day.

purin

purinasked

Accents Traditional

Does this kettle have a Teflon coating inside? I'm after one that is plain stainless steel so that the water doesn't get any taste to it.

jc-bella
jc-bella

No Teflon as far as I can see, and i imagine thats why the outside is so hot after boiling. Just ss.

Get an answer from our members and Morphy Richards representatives