Morphy Richards Evoke Special Edition Filter Coffee 162523 / 162524 / 162525

Morphy Richards Evoke Special Edition Filter Coffee 162523 / 162524 / 162525

162525 (Platinum), 162523 (Bronze), 162524 (Blue Steel)

2.0

• Product is used
  • Consistency

moonsbTasmania

Nothing but weak coffee

I was so excited to buy this machine and have tried half a dozen times easily with different grinds, settings, always using fresh coffee and I get coffee that looks more like muddy water. So disappointed that I have wasted my money!

Purchased in January 2020 at Harris Scarfe for A$60.00.

Noise Level

Hi moonsb,
Please add one scoop of ground coffee per 150ml of water. One scoop per cup will not be strong enough. If you would like further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 556 816.

moonsb

I have added double the amount of coffee required (and also just added an additional 1/2 to what is required) it was still very weak.

Hi moonsb,
Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing weak coffee. Please return your appliance back to store with your purchase receipt for refund or exchange during the warranty period.

JLC

JLCSydney Surrounds, NSW

Disappointingly weak coffee

Similar to another review, the coffee is extremely weak, no matter what settings, grind of coffee, or other changes I attempt to make. For background - I'm American, so grew up with drip coffee makers, and have used a whole range of them, including extremely cheap ones. This is unfortunately the worst one I've experienced.
The pre-set time is helpful, but the amount of ground coffee we are wasting to make effectively undrinkable coffee is such that we won't be using this machine anymore.

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for A$90.00.

Cooper W.

Cooper W.Sydney, NSW

Makes terrible weak coffee

Loved the look of this machine and then I tasted the coffee. Have to put a LOT of ground coffee in just to make a weak cup of coffee. No matter how much I add in and how fine I grind the coffee, still comes out super weak and watery. Will be returning on the weekend for my old breville that knows how to make a decent cup

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$80.00.

Hi Cooper W.
Thank you for taking the time to review our product.

Drip Coffee Machines

Find out how Morphy Richards Evoke Special Edition Filter Coffee 162523 / 162524 / 162525 compares to other Drip Coffee Machines

KarenSydney, NSW

Perfect coffee maker

Terrific drip coffee maker. Great design, easy to use, economical and good looking. Makes great coffee without the trouble and expense of pods. Can't fault it. Very happy with this purchase.

Hello Karen
Thanks for posting a review on our product, we really appreciate your feedback.

It's well deserved

Brett L.asked

Evoke Special Edition Filter Coffee 162523 / 162524 / 162525

Can you set extend the warming period, that is,keep the blue light on longer?

Karen

No, the warming period is set. I don't know exactly how long it is but it is probably longer than half an hour.

Hi Brett,
After the brewing cycle has finished, your Coffee Maker will activate the keep warm function which will keep your coffee warm for approximately 30 minutes, The heating light will remain illuminated but the light will turn from red to blue, then switch off when the keep warm cycle has finished. Unfortunately this function cannot be extended.

Brett L.

Thanks, I suspected that was the case. Love the machine, use it everyday.

Get an answer from our members and Morphy Richards representatives