Mortgage House Home Loans
4.6 from 1,474 reviews

Long live Mr. Ken Sayer... and Nick Milojevic!

Listening to down to earth ads on radio station 2GB from Mr.Sayer, i decided to to call Mortgage House regarding getting finance with the view to investing for my partner and myself + a 1st mortgage for my son. From the initial 1st conversation with Nick Milojevic, everything went like a well oiled machine. Nick's knowledge of Mortgage House products + his experience with investing as well as his exemplary communication skills, plus the added personal touch made the whole experience an absolute walk in the park. Nick allayed any fears i/we had with the whole exercise, being very honest with our limits and any risks we may face, resulting with 3 x mortgages secured. He is an absolute credit to the organisation.
I am SO glad i took the step of contacting Mortgage House, with the bonus of being able to do everything from home
(with Nick + team being a quick phone call away should the need arise), 10 out 10 for Mortgage House, Nick Milojevic.

Champion organisation run by champions!

Mr.Ken Sayer should and must be proud of the people who represent M/H. From the initial contact with Nick Milojevic regarding switching my mortgage to M/H as well as the process of getting investment loans, the whole exercise was a total breeze with Nick being an exemplary broker with excellent communication skills with that added 'personal touch'as well as being experienced in banking and investing, who was only a phone call away. Being older folks we were a bit apprehensive about doing this online, but Nick allayed any fears we had and everything done was transparent. We secured 4 loans from M/H and the only regret i/we have is, we should've done this much sooner..
10 out 10 for Nick Milojevic and Mortgage House.
Thank you, Achilles and Sima and Steven.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Time wasters - DO NOT deal with their Private Clients division

I applied to refinance through a referral and submitted all required documentation in November 2018.

The goal was to obtain lower interest rates than with the Big 4 bank we are with. This goal was stated clearly from the beginning.

The person who was assigned our file left due to family reasons. Since then, our file has been picked up by 3-4 people (I lost count to be honest), with seemingly no proper handover from one person to another.

In December 2018, our current loan provider lowered their interest rates a bit at our request and we passed the information on to Mortgage House, stressing again that their aim is to get us better interest rates.

After numerous hours spent on email and phone calls, during which the consultant/s said "we are doing our best" and "we have escalated to senior management to get you a better offer", they came back last week wih an offer full of mistakes (wrong loan amounts assigned to properties in question) and with interest rates HIGHER than our current provider.

When I pointed that out, the consultant came back later that day, happily saying that management had approved interest rates which are the same as the ones we are being charged at the moment and asked me to pay the $995 application fee to proceed.

I told them that they have wasted our time and asked for them to close our file, permanently delete all documets supplied to them and also clearly explained that email was going to be my last bit of communication with them.

Afterwards, they continued to contact me via phone and email. This is now harrassment and if it doesn't stop, we will need to report them to the Ombudsman.

Bad
Application Process
Terrible
Hi Jo, we are very sorry to hear about this experience and would like to investigate this asap. Could you advise your tracking number so we can find you in the system to look into this? Thank you

Would not go anywhere else!

Lyndon from Geelong is fantastic, he has always been helpful, easy to contact and can solve any problem I have. That's why I always come back and never consider going anywhere else!

Online Tools

Outstanding Service!

Lyndon from Mortgage House Drysdale is a consummate professional. All the way through the transaction he guided us and kept us totally informed. He followed up any query we had immediately and his level of service was second to none. I thoroughly recommend him and Mortgage House to anyone seeking a home loan.

Loan used for:Second Home

Interest Rate Review With Great Customer Service!

Just want to thank Ken and his team once again for their great customer service. I asked for a reduction in my home loan interest rate and after going through the process, which was straight forward and painless, Mortgage House were able to reduce it by 0.20%. I also appreciated the fact that Ken personally has kept in touch to let me know what was happening and that I was happy. Great customer service!

Loan used for:Refinancing

Avoid Private Client Department Wasting Your Time and Money

Private Client Department of Mortgage House is an absolute waste of time. They delay and neglect purposely to buy time and avoid the outcome which can be beneficial for customers. I have submitted my documents early December 2018 for rate reduction from over 5.9% including under 4% offer from othe financial institutions. They just defer purposely and trying to drag the case. After so many emails and documents the manager asking me on 08/02/2019 to explain what is my needs!! Keep your distance from this Department.

Loan Start DateApril 2018
Hi Sab, we are very sorry to hear about this experience. We would like to investigate this to see how we can help resolve this so could you provide your tracking number so we can find this in the system to look into asap? Thank youHi: The "TN" is 12539618. Thanks - SabThank you Sab, we have passed this onto the team.

Great organization

Great company to do business with it didn't matter who i spoke with during my refinance each team member was able to help with the questions i had.It also being a smooth transition from one finance institute to an other and great interest rate.

Excellent service

We needed a mortgage and Allan was not only very patient but also walked with us through the process to successful completion. We heartily recommend to anyone with similar need!

Application Process
Good
Loan TypeSplit

This is gross!

I applied for refinancing with Mortgage House provided all the documents in October-November and was told that it is being reviewed and would be approved in January. Now it’s February and the consultant tells me that I need to submit all the documents again. This has just wasted my time. ( three months). I just can’t believe this.

Loan TypeFixed Rate
Hi Josh, we are very sorry to hear this. We would like to investigate the reason for this to see how we can help resolve this so could you provide your tracking number so we can find this in the system to look into asap? Thank you

Excellent service.

We recently switched from BankWest to Mortgage House as BankWest did not value our loyalty. Very happy with the service and communication from Allan. He made the process easy and smooth. I definitely recommend Mortgage House and thanks Allan for your excellent service.

Online Tools

Flexible and Accomodating

I was looking to update my mortgage and was also looking for a commercial loan. I achieved a great outcome on both. My old repayments were more than the new repayments combined. Was kept informed along the way via pre arranged phone hookups. In a difficult credit environment Mortgage House were able to better the outcome than my bank who I had been with for over 10 years!

Good
Good
Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan Start DateDecember 2018
Loan used for:Refinancing

Very helpful first mortgage

Allan made the whole experience very easy, answering all of my beginner questions. My first home loan was made stress free.

Made it work

Would like to thank the team at Mortgage House
The whole process was smooth with great dialogue
And the service I received was outstanding.
Carl

this is my second mortgage with them, quinton was very helpful.

this time they process very fast within 45 days my loan was settled with low rate for investment property, and equity release,
Quinton called me every week and updated every move.
soon going for another mortgage.

great experience

Excellent service

Ken was very friendly and helpful. We managed to reduce our mortgage home rate with the help of Ken. He was very professional and understanding. Thank you.

Thanks you Quinton for your good work

Very good I'm very happy with you work Quinton you are very helpful for me and I always can contact you when I needed. Thanks you chai

Great customer service

I had a great experience with mortgage house so far. My personal contact Quintin is always responsive and available for questions. Everything was communicated clearly and quickly.

Best customer service I've ever had

I would like to express my gratitude towards Quintin Tudge who has helped me with my finance.
He has great customer service skills and attitude. The best experience I have ever had. He is trustworthy and made me trusted.
In summary I don't know what I'd do without his help.
Quintin certainly is an asset to your company y and add extra value to your business.
I hope he will get recognised for all his hard work.

My consultant quintin was a great help, not only he guided me through whole process of refinancing but also made sure it was smooth. So very happy with the service.

Why do you draw people in to your loans and then just jack up the rates independent of the reserve bank? I started with a competitive rate but now you have increased it to 4.12% plus added a monthly fee.
Hi Rob, just for the record, i'm not affiliated with mortgage house in anyway. However i was browsing the market and doing a bit of research with respect to the global housing market and the cost of funding for lending organizations. To answer your question simply... yes they could be using a bait and switch which would be extremely unethical however in your instance and the current lending market i believe that the move is due to the cost of funding. We are a global economy and banks and non bank lenders do not obtain funding solely from the RBA. As a result they may move independent to the RBA. Increases in rates in overseas markets such as the US can affect the rates in AUS. If you do a simple google search you will notice that many other lenders have also increased their rates. It's funny how no one questions rate CUTS when the RBA has not moved rates. However as soon as there is a rate increase out of line all hell breaks loose. I hope this answers your question :)Hi Phillip, I'm well of the arguments around funding costs but I put it to you that the equivalent loan that I have is currently being sold with a rate well below 4%. Its clear to me that this is just a tactic to draw in new customers when their intent is to increase rates anyway to a more suitbale rate. A simple google search shows this to be a tactic for this type of lender. With regards to your suggestion that nobody complains about cuts independent of the reserve, I'd put it to you that this very rarely occurs.

I recently had a default removed from my credit report. Am I able to now refinance my mortgage? Julie
Hi Julie, we would love to see how we can assist you. Please call us on 133 144 or send us a private message with your number so we can have a lending specialist contact you asap to discuss your specific circumstances & goals. Thank you & have a fantastic day

How many lenders do you use?
Hi Ami, we are a non bank lender. If you would like to speak to a lending manager please call us any time on 133 144 or advise your number and we'll give you a call to discuss your specific circumstances & goals to find you the best home loan. Have a great day :)

Similar listings