Mother's Choice Coco

Mother's Choice Coco Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

Ozgirlasked

A family member is giving me her bassinet, which is this one and after reading the reviews I just wanted to know would a bassinet mattress from bigw fit it?

Shon
Shon

Sorry, just remembered; this bassinet is not designed to have a mattress added to these at all for safety reasons. With the thickness of a mattress and the design of this is just not safe. My baby was rolling to one side in this so I'm glad I didn't buy the mattress in the end.

Adge.H
Adge.H

Agree with shon, we tried to buy a mattress but none fit and yes my son was rolling around at 2 months. I would stay away and purchase something safe. As I heard that this bassinet coco had been recalled due to babies rolling. It’s not worth buying a new mattress for the sake of your babies life.

Ozgirl

Oh. Thank you for the replies, that has definitely made me think twice about using that bassinet

Melody L

Melody Lasked

Hi I have the original Mothers Choice Bassinet but have lost the cradle part in one of our shifts I have the frame but nothing else would like to know if I can get the cradle part?

Karen

Karenasked

Can you please advise where I can buy a replacement brace for the Mothers choice bassinet? we have lost one in a recent house move and need it ASAP. Location Auckland New Zealand

Yvette W

Yvette Wasked

Hi there we have the mothers choice basinette and when moving house we can find any if the screws and bolts - can you buy these separately?

Louise
Louise

Hi Yvette

I’m having a similar issue, we have all the screws except the nut certs. I found the instruction manual so I’m going to take it to Bunnings and hopefully they can help. I have attached the link for the instruction manual for you and at the bottom there is a customer service number. If you have no luck at Bunnings, maybe try emailing customer service.
Hope this helps.

Emily
Emily

Hi, You can actually get them from Bunnings. I brought them from there when mine was missing a few. These are the ones I brought and they work a treat. Hope this helps

Rachel

Rachelasked

How heavy before I have to take my baby out of the coco bassinet?

Marcus U.Mother's Choice

Suitability: Newborn to 9kgs

Nanny

Nannyasked

I have bought a Mothers Choice Coco cradle for my daughters baby due in 3 weeks and it seems impossible to buy a mattress to fit - the one provided is far too thin. I have searched online and not found anything to fit which is so disappointing! The shop where we purchased the cradle suggested we have some foam cut at Clark Rubber .....I am wondering how other mums have got around this?

Bonnie15
Bonnie15

measure the current mattress and go to clark rubber and have them cut one to size! you can get memory foam and good thick pieces cut that fit perfect

Libbyr

Libbyrasked

Hi, I just bought this bassinet for my expected arrival but then read these reviews afterwards...should I be worried or have mothers choice got a new model board / mattress supplied with the bassinets since these issues (reviews mainly from 2013)?

booauz
booauz

I just dont think its safe even with the new board. If you still have the receipt go change it for something else.

Val

Valasked

Hi everyone, I have been given one of this bassinet and I'm looking at replacing the mattress before baby arrive, can anyone advice which mattress is best to buy and where please? Thank you.

simela
simela

as the mattress is merely foam - we replaced it with another foam piece but slightly thicker (try clark rubber - they cut it to size). It still felt thin but had to remember there is only a 3-9 kg baby sleeping on it. My baby slept perfectly fine in it!

sharyn p.Mother's Choice

HI, it would be best if you could contact our customer service on 1300 809 526 so they can help you out. Cheers.

L L B

L L Basked

Can I contact mothers choice direct? My base snapped in half :(

sharyn p.Mother's Choice

hi, sorry to hear about that. Our costumer service number is 1300 809 526. I am sure they will he able to help you out.

Charlie_rie

Charlie_rieasked

Does this bassinet have a weight restriction?

tshirtweather