2Mother's Choice Tempo

Mother's Choice Tempo Questions & Answers

Mica P.
Mica P.

Is this seat OK to use in the front passenger seat?

Mother's Choice   DM

Hi Mica, thank you for reaching out. The booster seat must be collected to an anchor point which would not be on the back of a front seat so this booster would not be suitable for use in the front seat. Kind Regards, Fi - Customer Care Team

Annie

My Mothers Choice Tempo Boosters stap is not long enough to reach the anchor point in my car . Can you purchase I extension?

Annie

My Mother's Choice Tempo Boosters strap is not long enough to reach the anchor point in my car. Can I purchase an extension?

Mother's Choice   DM

Hi Annie, You can purchase a car seat tether extension at specialty Baby stores such as Baby Bunting, Sydney baby Kingdom etc. You can also purchase these from stores such as Supercheap auto and Repco. Regards Claire - Social Media Team

Debbie H.
Debbie H.

Hi, do you have a video or help on reclining. The box says the tempo convertible reclines but I can't work out how and it's very straight and doesn't look
Comfortable

Mother's Choice   DM

Hi Debbie, The Tempo is a fully upright convertible booster with a small recline for fitment into the car. Should you need assistance please don't hesitate to contact our Consumer Care team on 1300 809 526. Regards, Claire - Mothers Choice Team

NicoleandBen S.
NicoleandBen S.

I am looking to purchase a car seat for my almost 6 month old for when he is ready to come out of the capsule. I was looking at this one as it seems to be compact enough to still give my other kids room for long trips and will be convenient not to shop for another when he reaches 4. Just wondering if this seat reclines as most booster seats for older kids don’t. I want him to be able to comfortably sleep without his head falling forward all of the time do recline is a must

Mother's Choice   DM

Hi Nicole, Thanks for reaching out to us. The Mothers Choice Tempo is a great seat and has a fitment recline. We recommend keeping your child rearward facing as long as possible. Feel free to reach out to our consumer care team customerservice@dorel.com.au who can talk you through features and benefits and fitment, and help you choose a seat which will best suit your needs. Regards, Claire

emmakwyatt
emmakwyatt

I bought this seat today for my almost 5 yo. She’s still in the harness as her shoulders are below the height marker. Which is great, that’s what I wanted. However the crotch buckle straps are very long and the buckle sits against her stomach instead of low with the straps over her thighs. Is this adjustable at all as it doesn’t look like it would be safe in an accident. Might cause abdominal injury? Or is this buckle placement fine??

Mother's Choice   DM

Hi emmakwyatt Thanks for your question.
If you can take photos of your daughter in the seat and send these to customerservice@dorel.com.au our Customer Service team will be able to assess this for you and advise further for you.

Kind regards
Mothers Choice team

Rachel N.
Rachel N.

I have the same question did you end up finding out if it can be shortened?

NMK
NMK

Would you please advise the max weight limit for the harness use on the Tempo Booster seat? Thank you!

Mother's Choice   DM

HI NMK, Thank you for your question as per the Australian standards there is no weight limit anymore. Usability of the seat is measured by height markers on the seat, hope this helps. Feel free to contact us on 1300 809 526 and our customer service team can answer any further questions that you may have, Kind Regards, Mother's Choice Team.

Elaine H.
Elaine H.

I need to replace the harness but I am having trouble working out how to remove the old straps from the bottom of the seat and anchor the new straps.

Mother's Choice   DM

Hi Elaine, Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 and they will be happy to assist. Kind Regards, Mother's Choice Team.

Nina L.

I need a splitter plate for my baby car seat. Where Can I buy one please?

Mother's Choice   DM

Hi Nina, Thanks for your question. These are not available to purchase as they are stitched to the adjuster strap. We are not sure if the tightening strap has been pulled too far through and this is stuck underneath the seat. Or if the part is lost. Either way this needs to be installed by a licensed fitter as it is a safety item. Can I suggest giving our customer service team a call on 1300 809 526 and they should be able to talk you though this.

Kind regards, Fiona

HI!
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Where can I send a photo of the car seat to explain better what I need? Regards Nina

Mother's Choice   DM

Hi Nina, Please send it through to our customer service team on customerservice@dorel.com.au and they will be happy to help you. Kind regards, Mother's chioce team.

Thanks !

Kathym
Kathym

Hi, trying to fit the seat and it's doing my head in. I've never had a seat so hard. It says after clicking in belt, pull the sash part to the front of the seat. In the diagram it shows sash somehow magically going to the middle of the seat and then up. In reality sash goes across harness straps on an angle, right where the child sits. This can't be safe or comfortable. Most seats have sash going behind but they say that's incorrect. PLEASE can someone tell me how they've put the sash in a comfortable way for the child?

Mother's Choice   DM

Hi Kathrym, Thanks for reaching out, we are sorry to hear of your experience. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 (customerservice@dorel.com.au) and they will help you trouble shoot and answer any installation related queries. Kind Regards, Mother's Choice Social Team.

jack007

Does the tether have to be used or can it just sit on top of the normal car seat

Richard
Richard

Oh mate! The installation was a nightmare. Even after ringing the manufacturer, who was helpful, reading the stupid instructions, I could not work it out. Somehow and I don’t know how I got the thing in. I’ll sell the car with the seat if I need to change cars as I’ll buy any other seat rather than try and fit it in again.

jack007

Thanks. Thats actually good to know as I am wanting "spare" car seats that can go between our small car and 3rd row of the Kluger (with no anchor point).

Louise Jacob
Louise Jacob

Hi,
We have been using this seat for our four (now five) year old grandson and now need to convert it from a booster seat which used the car's lap-sash seat belt to reverting it to the harness for one of our three year old grand daughters. I can't see how to secure the harness at the opposite end to the splitter plate. So I have the two straps threaded correctly into the spitter late but where does the other end of the belt go to secure the harness.
There's probably a very simple answer but I'm not seeing it in the instruction manual.
Hope you can help?
Thank you from Louise Jacob.

Julie W
Julie W

Your ad says 6months - 8years then later on says 6motlnths - 24months.

Can you clarify this please.. its very confusing

Emj
Emj

Hi sorry i cant see where it says that on my end but the booster seat is for 6 months to 8 years

Steve
Steve

Can this seat recline for when the child falls asleep?

AP

You can adjust the angle to account for different cars' seats when installing it, but I don't believe it is intended to be reclined whilst a child is in it. The harness tends to hold them upright anyway.

Susie
Susie

Is this car seat suitable for 6month old?

SarahH

I would not be putting a 6 month old forward facing.. The car seat is advertised to suit approx 6m - 8yr, but I doubt any 6mo th old is tall enough to go into it unless they are giant! New laws go by child shoulder height not age or weight. My now 18 month old is very tall, she's in the top percentile for height and her torso is very long. She wasn't tall enough to move to forward facing until around 14 months old. Rear facing is the safest option for as long as you possibly can, even though it's less convenient, it's a ridiculous amount safer than forward facing. hope this helps.

Nill
Nill

Is this model ISOFix compatible?

I don't think so.

AP

No, but the design of seatbelt lacing reduces lateral movement greatly compared to other seats.

Get an answer from our members and Mother's Choice representatives