Motorola Moto G5 Plus

Motorola Moto G5 Plus

16GB and 32GB

Great for the price

This phone has the performance of competitors many times it's price. Battery life is good, and it's quite robust. Would highly recommend. Only downfalls - camera is hard to focus up close. Brightness adjustment could be more sensitive.

Purchased in November 2017 for $250.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software

Best Budget Phone with little easily fixable issues, slippery body

G5 Plus with dual sim options, excellent fingerprint detector, touch sensor, longer battery life with fast charging, good camera in the price of $359 with a free 32GB sandisk Sd card had nothing to ask from it. But there were some software issue with camera(crashing for no reason), apps like messaging have no incoming sound message and screen brightness was compromised but all solved by downloading apps from google play and after android 8.1 update. Using stock android with quick 8.1 update was magnificent. Now after fixing little issues this G5 Plus is just perfect for me and saved lots of money of my pocket.
A beautiful handset but very slippery back side, need to hold the phone carefully as the camera bump would get a crack like me if slips from the haad. The NFC is located at the front underneath the moto logo hard to find.

Don't need flash iPhone

Does what a $2000 phone would do never had a problem with it I would buy another over samasung htc or iPhones very fast never freezing Facebook runs great good camera recommend this phone to people at work as dropped alot and still going strong no cracked screen like iPhone

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Very pleased with performance, biometric print unlock at price.

Having come from first gen MS Lumia 520, I have enjoyed learning & using this phone. Hardest part was finding an app that converted my old contacts to suitable format & import as Google was in transition re versions of mail & backup at the time & old sim not compatible. Frequent updates that so far are seamless, I can browse the Net if necessary, use it for navigating, use voice dialing, and sometimes messaging if not too complex. Has also been great for photographing problems that can immediately MMS to another phone or email, or documents for records. Only problem is occasional loss of signal, which could be the terrain & the caller at other end, easily rectified by calling back. Some Apps I would prefer not suitable, but so far have found an equivalent. Previously had excellent voice control for answering and having messages read back in 2012 Veloster, (inbuilt SatNav) but not as effective with 2016 i30 basic features - possibly design differences between vehicles as well as the brand/capacity of mobile being used on other end. Haven't taken night photos, but some murky indoor ones have been quite good. Did setup loudspeaker ap as early feedback said it wasn't great, but with this I can talk hands free with the phone on a stand, freeing up the face for keypad or other actions elsewhere. Biggest gripe is being unable to stop the screen magnification when tapping the same digit 3 times fast. Otherwise cannot fault this phone.

Good phone

Happy with this phone. The last one I had (3rd gen) lasted me 3 years before the charging port went. It does everything I need it to and has plenty of space for apps and pictures. Photo qualitys not too bad, sometimes my phone distorts the colour ever so slightly, but for the price difference between these and the top of the line phones, I can live with that

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great phone!

Now I have tried Motorola I won't go back. Very user friendly and unlocked meaning no Network rubbish filling up your phones memory. Love the wrist twist to activate the camera, and the Karate chop the activate the flash light! The processor is fast too. For the price, this is an excellent smart phone. The only downside is getting a case from a phone shop is not an easy task. I had to get mine online.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Excellent phone

This phone is really all you ever need. It's taken some hammer and survived intact. I would never buy an iPhone after having one of these phones. Bought my daughter one too. The camera is excellent. The apps i have all work well on this phone. The clarity of the sound is great for those of you who still make actual phone calls out there! It will probably not be being made by the time i need to replace it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Works well

Work well considering how much I've paid. Its not as fast as the latest samsung or iphone but it works well. The only thing is i find the casing a bit too easy to dent. Ive dropped it once and there a huge dent on the back rather than the usual scuffing or nick.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Love this phone but has developed a problem with incoming calls

I've owned a lot of phones, including iphones and Samsung Galaxy's. This phone - until now - has been one of my favourites. It has a random issue with incoming calls - and random problems are difficult to get solutions to (especially from your retailer). I don't want to diss too much on the phone, because it has been great until now. I think its one of the better lower priced phones and if not for this annoying problem that has just raised its ugly head, I would give the phone 4 stars.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I absultly love my G5 plus it is amazing and I couldn't live with out it

The G5 plus it amazing has the best camera out there and is undestryoyable I have dropped it millions of times and it hasn't cracked yet. It as a finger scanner that is awesome and it has cool little hacks like a can chop my phone to automatically turn on the torch

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Worked for 14 days

It literally worked for 14 days. After that one day it powered off and never powered on again. Tried all options of hard reset, nothing worked. And Apparently this problem is so common when you google it.
Whatever features does phone have doesn't matter anymore if you cant turn on the phone.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good hardware, bad software

The moto g5 plus is a decent budget device. Specs are nice and usable and it doesn't hiccup much. The camera takes nice shots most of the time and can be improved by installing google camera. This phone has dual sim slots and micro SD expansion. Most phone have hybrid slots. It is unfortunate however, that Motorola (because lenovo) does nothing to support the software of this phone. I haven't got 1 update on this phone and I have had it for almost a year. It is still on android 7.0 even though 9.0 is out in a couple of months. Hardware is perfect for the price, but updates are non-existant.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Ultimate Android in affordable prices

Bought this from JBHifi and its really worth in such a price like after discount and all got it in $300.
Ultimate android features and up-gradable to latest Android OS through push updates.
Extra memory card slot also present so you can upgrade memory easily.
Battery is super long lasting. and its easily competitive with high end phones..dont forget the cost too...
Light weight and has finger print lock button as well just like expensive ones out there.
Camera is of good quality too worth spending money on it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Terrible phone

My phone lost the imei no and moto wont upgrade from android 7 to 8.1 as of June 2018 Will never buy another Moto There are much better phones out there that have android 8 and will keep up with the software. I bought a Xiaomi mia1 has better specs better camera and it is a android one which means they keep up with the software.

June 13th 2018 Update: Lost Imei no phone no good

Has Nougat 7 software Motorola wont upgrade it to Oreo it is now the middle of June and still no Oreo. The phone is much slower because of the old software. If Motorola was serious about their customers they would keep their software up to date. Their are cheaper phones that have better specs.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

The balanced mid-ranger

The moto g5 plus does not excel at any particular field, but does most things right. The screen is fine but could be brighter in direct sun light. I rarely run out of battery during the day. Camera is fine, but can be improved with Google's HDR+ camera app. The software is almost completely stock with no bloatware. However, Motorola have become really trash at providing updates for all of their devices. That is the only downside I see to this phone. Otherwise it serves me well.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Omg!! Amazing phone!!

I have had my G5+ for over a year now, and its still the best phone. I have had no problems with this Moto G5+, the whole time that i have owned it. Battery life is still amazing, all of the apps work great. Best phone for the money, You cannot go wrong with the Moto G5+!!!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great phone good features small price

Dropped my 4g in water..oops. chose the 5g ss it does everything the other phones do minus the outrageous price! Why oay 1000.00 when you can pay less than 400.00! My only gripe is its hard to buy cases except on line but really a great phone. Easy to use and operate, i travel constantly and the battery lasts a couple o f days. Very happy with this product

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

It's excellent

Best phone on the market! Excelente prestaciones en relacion precio calidad. Tiene una buena camara, buen sonido y muy buena interfaz. Soporta todas las aplicaciones y tiene muy buen desempenio. La camara frontal tambien tiene muy buena resolucion. He podido instalar diferentes chops de todo el mundo en el, incluyendo Australia y paises de Sudeste asiatico.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Best budget phone on the market.

So many people think you need to get a flagship phone and that all the other phones are rubbish. The Moto G5 Plus strongly challenges this viewpoint. I have had this phone since September 2017, it doesn't feel one bit slower than when I first got it. I can honestly say that the $650+ price difference compared to something like a Galaxy S8 is not worth it. The fingerprint reader works great, overall the OS is snappy, and the camera is more than capable. I can see myself keeping this phone for a while.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Fast and snap for a budget phone

On par with expensive models on performance and snappy response. Turbo charger make using a breeze. Great cam and takes good pics. Sound is not too shabby. It does not have all bells and whistles like ir or screen mirroring but you don't pay as much. Also dual SIM model makes travelling/business easy.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Where can I buy one

I've just submitted my review of the Moto G5 Plus and wondering if anyone has Bluetooth issues with their phone?? I seem to have to unlock the screen on my phone in order for my phone to connect to either my car's Bluetooth or my Smartwatch. If so it kind of defeats the purpose of having a smartwatch connected to your phone.
I've not had any such Bluetooth connectivity issues. My phone and car are always connected via Bluetooth. The only issue I ever have is music not automatically playing, but that seems to be an issue with the music player app, as calls work just fine. You've also mentioned that Bluetooth breaks up now and then, and I've had this too, when using 2.4Ghz WiFi at the same time. Bluetooth & WiFi share 2.4Ghz, and do interfere with one another. Since switching to 5Ghz WiFi, there's been no issues.yes I purchased the XT1805 moto g 5 plus from Kogan and am having bluetooth issues. I cant seem to answer the phone normally and have to put it on speaker. I have another moto g 5 plus model XT1585 that works perfectly. I am wondering if the kogan stock was grey import?

Can someone confirm that the Moto G5 plus is a dual sim phone and uses the 4G/3G network for both, NOT the now defunct 2G network. A website offering these for sale highlighted that some dual sim phones use the 2G network for the second sim, see below. The newer Moto G5s plus specifies the dual sims are 4G and 3G, but the specs on this one are not clear. (Please note that most Dual Sim mobiles and tablets sold at eGlobaL are Dual Sim "StandBy" only. Which means the second sim card only uses the 2G or GSM network. As Australia will be shutting down 2G/GSM network services starting end of 2016. These mobiles usage on second sim will be affected. You can still have both sim slot filled, however only one sim slot will work at a time. There will be an option on the device for you to select which sim slot you wish to use. We strongly recommend you to check with your service provider before making the purchase.
Hi I own a Moto G5 Plus and the first sim supports 4g whilst the second sim supports 3g or vice versa. Cheers Brisdaz.

Moto G5 Plus 16GBMoto G5 Plus 32GB
Price (RRP) $399$449
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage and Waterproof3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage and Waterproof
Charging Port Micro-USBMicro-USB
Operating SystemAndroidAndroid
Display
Screen Resolution1920 x 1080 pixels1920 x 1080 pixels
Display TechnologyIPS LCDIPS LCD
Pixel Density424 ppi424 ppi
Screen Size 5.2"5.2"
Camera
Max Video Resolution 2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Front Camera(s)5MP Wide-Angle Lens5MP Wide-Angle Lens