Motorola Moto G5S

MPN: 1031000270

Alugra Drones

Alugra DronesSydney, NSW

Great Phone

The Moto G5S is a great phone for the price. The apps runs smoothly on the Android operating system. The cameras work beautifully. It's a great mid range phone with functionality of a more expensive phone.

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $279.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software

Piajess

PiajessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good budget phone

Purchased in September 2018 at Officeworks.

Wouldn't replace under warranty.

Camera stopped working at only 6 months old-sent off under warranty-they claim water damage.Never been near water in its life,worst would be a sweaty shirt pocket. (Women exercising alone- not an option to not take for safety reasons) Sent phone away-mototola will not replace under warranty. Totally dishonest company. Switching to Samsung and would recommend everyone stay away from Motorola.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
oneday4

oneday4queensland

Poor Quality Phone be very aware

I purchased this phone in late Sep 2018. Within weeks of my purchase using the camera on phone produced very poor quality images - pixilated & wouldn't focus properly. Also has trouble with reception dropping in & out despite being in a high reception area. The phone has also felt extremely hot. I was going to send it back under warranty only to find out I had to post it interstate & be without phone for up to 2 weeks. Then, I dropped the phone. Can't send it back now despite it still operating. I wont purchase Motorola again for some time. Previous Motorola phone was excellent in comparison.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Mel

Mel

My new favourite phone - Lets hope I dont smash this one.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Pie35

Pie35Sydney, NSW

BEST VALUE SMART PHONE

Purchased this mobile 8 months ago for $299. It replaced my iPhone6 that crashed 1 month out of warranty due to upgrade issues rendering that phone useless (That phone itself was a replacement given to me by Apple for problems with the previous i6 I had). Less than a third of the price I paid for the iPhone. No operating issues to date. Less bloatwear, better camera, bigger screen, quicker to charge and battery lasts longer.
Only negatives are - not easy to find a quality cover (got one from Gadgets 4 Geeks at Gladesville), no compass (may affect some apps), touchscreen not as good as the iPhone when swiping, camera lense protrudes from case (cover rectifies this issue).

Date PurchasedJan 2018

jovi

joviMelbourne

Very reasonable dual sim phone in good price

After disappointing poor performance from Samsung J1 ace, i was looking for good dual sim phone, with good reasonable features, very nice camera and decent performance, this is the phone i got it. only negative is that you can't use both dual sims and SD card at same time like i can with my LG V20, either you can use one sim + SD or two sims, both dual sims are nano sims, so be mindful. Battery is ok as most of Androids. so far going good. Warranty is only 12 months, not sure why its not 24 months like other brands in the market. Anyway very decent phone, i will highly recommend this phone. bought from Mobielcity ebay $244. Please ask Mobilecity to dispatch through Aus post not with any other cheap courier.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Excellent Battery Life

After having a Samsung S4 that had very poor battery life I was drawn to this phone by a number of reviews that spoke about its excellent battery performance. I totally agree that this is its strongest feature. I am 63 and this phone does everything I expect from a budget smartphone. Whilst I am not a gamer, nor do I view movies/sport on the phone, I do stream from my phone to chromecast for hours on end and I can still have 75% battery left at the end of the day. An excellent phone and a budget price

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Ultrapac

UltrapacIllawarra, NSW

Perefect Upgrade

We upgraded from the smaller outdated Moto E 2nd Gen, to the G5S. It's tough. It's a larger screen (5.2) but still easy to hold in your hand, an improved camera front (5mp) and rear (16mp), splash resistant and has good processing power and great memory. (Ours has 32GB).. A fingerprint sensor if you like those as well. A great phone for sub $300.. the only glaring issue is it doesn't ship with any for of protective case.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
JC33

JC33Sydney, NSW

It does a good job

This is my first smartphone so this review will be very basic.
I like everything about this phone. The functions are not too complicated. The photos look good (on the phone anyway). The battery seems to last very well ie: more than 2 days.

I have a protective case for it as I have read that the screen can break. This would apply to any phone.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Attorney

AttorneyPerth, WA

Good budget smartphone

Bought this phone from the Good Guys for $329 in Feb. This is my first Android smartphone and I didn't want to pay more than $350. I bought this phone for the apps as my old phone was a Windows phone that did not support many apps. I mainly use the phone for calls, texting, google maps and a small amount of internet. The camera is not as good as an iphone or samsung galaxy but it is a third of the price. Would recommend as a budget phone.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Ideal mick

Ideal mick

unbreakable glass

I first got a smart phone when the S4 came out .It a bit to get used the screen size as far as handling goes.But it was great having the big screen.My grand daughter like my phone to spending hours watching movies with

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Geoff

Geoff

Excellent Phone

The Hyundai of phones. Cheaper than the brand names but does the job just as well. Two card slots useful. Fine everything else including screen resolution, functions and camera. Got at a bargain price at JB Hi Fi. We had not considered it until we compared it to the Samsungs next to it on display. It was much better value for money.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Nate W

Nate WCanberra

Good value phone

Good value phone for those on a budget. Broke my previous phone so did some quick research before deciding on this purchase. Camera isn't great but still quite good. Go for the plus and its dual camera if that is a priority. Everything else is just fine, especially for the price.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Rho

RhoMelbourne

Motorola support in Victoria non existent

It seemed like a great value phone but the way the camera lens stuck out, despite protective cover worried me. The lens did get cracked ( not covered under warranty) and I rang Motorola Australia, to be advised there is no Motorola repair location I can take it in Victoria. I need to pay $49.50 to have it sent off interstate to be assessed. If they can't do anything they keep that money. The repair would take between 7-10 days!!! If I want to try a nin Motorola repair shop in Melbourne, I am very limited in my options, as hardly any of the repair places will look after a Motorola phone.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great phone for a great price

The Motorola Moto G5S is an excellent phone and a great upgrade from my old Huawei P8 Lite. It is fast and doesn't lag. My only concern was that the rear camera sticks out and may get scratched. Luckily I was able to find a case that offers enough protection for the camera, however would prefer to have a slimmer case. However, for the price it is a small complaint.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Bandzior

BandziorQueensland, 4169

Awesome

My lovely little moto G5 is as good as the iPhone but for the fracture of the price. So you can spend spare $$$ for new shoes :) Battery lasts longer than my previous Nokia. It feels good in hand with the aluminium case. Great touch screen works exactly as it should.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Frank I.

Frank I.Melbourne

Perfect phone in a tight budget

Bought this phone for under AUD 300 and using it for last 6 months without any complaint. It is a very good phone for the price. Currently it is running on Android 7.0 Nougat. However, it updates the OS regularly when available. It has enough processing power to get things done for a normal user.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Gene

GeneSydney

Excellent phone for the price

Bought this for the wife for Xmas pressie as an upgrade to her old Sony Experia. I have the Motorola G4 Plus which is excellent. The G5 is also excellent. Metal case and a iPhone style SIM card slot. Great battery life and a camera is very good. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Vaibhav

VaibhavGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect phone

Purchased this mobile for my wife 4 months back with 64gb version. It's Corning gorrilla glass and absolutely no problem any way use it it won't get scratches. Very good speed lots of memory and no limitations to install any apps. Camera is the best feature and takes low light excellent photos.

Date PurchasedApr 2017