MotorOne Questions & Answers

40 questions from our users

Andrew B.
Andrew B.asked

Hi folks,

If Audi Geelong are propsing a Hydro Protektiv coating for my car before delivery - who is putting it on... and will MotorOne check the coating for me if i'm not happy with it?

:)Andrew

Frank T.
Frank T.

yes andrew, motorone will definitely provide backup to your satisfaction. support is the cornerstone of their busness. i have three prestige vehicles each with the special coating, the difference and longevity can be enjoyed by the enthusiast. frankt

Juliet
Julietasked

How do I remove this useless product from the paint of my car? When it was sold to me I was told it would make the paint "hard as a rock". I've had the car 2 months and it already has a scratch. I have read the fine print and all it does is protect the paint against bat poo (as long as you wash it immediately, which I would do anyway). I feel entirely ripped off. To make matters worse, you can only wash using the expensive product that must be brought at the dealer! Can't go to a car wash! I want the "paint protection" gone so I can just wash it normally.

Transformer
Transformerasked

Hi,

With today's new cars, the exterior can be made up of various surfaces beyond just paint such as black highlights made from plastic that can easily pick up marks. When I buy a new car, will purchasing the ceramic protection be applied to all surfaces?

I want full protection if i purchase.

MotorOne C.MotorOne

Hello and thanks for reaching out to us regarding protection for your new vehicle. The HYDRO ceramic coating is applied to all exterior surfaces (excluding glass). This includes plastic bumpers, exterior mirrors and trims. Provided that these areas are painted they are covered under the HYDRO Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Hopefully this will assist.

Happy motoring and regards,
Maureen Jongsma
National Quality & Compliance Manager.

Nizzah C.asked

Hi All,

If I apply the protektiv hydro shampoo will this make my car shine even more? And what if I want only have a bucket how many cups of shampoo will I use? Thanks for your help.

MotorOne C.MotorOne

Hi there, yes we recommend you use PROTEKTIV HYDRO Shampoo when washing your vehicle. Please follow the directions for use on the back of the bottle. If you are looking to create an even greater shine we have a great maintenance product called POP/IT, a ceramic sealant. In conjunction with your professionally applied surface coating, POP/IT utilises silicon dioxide nano-ceramic quartz technology to maintain that shine. This means the durability of your ceramic coating is extended. Paired with our BUFF/IT finishing cloth, which makes residue removal and gloss finishing very easy. Both products can be found at https://shop.motorone.com/
Happy motoring.

Dean P.
Dean P.asked

What can I do to remove scratches in my hydro paint protection

MotorOne C.MotorOne

Hi Dean and thanks for reaching out to us regarding your Hydro protected vehicle. In the absence of seeing the vehicle it is difficult to suggest a solution for scratches. The scratches may in fact be in the clearcoat or base under the Hydro coating. If you can please provide details of which state you reside in and your contact details, I can hopefully assist you further.
Kind regards,
Maureen Jongsma
National Quality & Compliance Manager.

Justin M.
Justin M.asked

Hi can someone call me about a service I had done on my car. Justin Meyers 0423631638

World traveller
World traveller

You can reach those guys at 0388092700 Cathy

Hi All,

Trevorasked

Hi, I had Protektiv coating applied to my brand new car about 2.5 years ago. It come with a lifetime warranty. The performance of the coating has deteriorated and the paint is contaminated despite looking after the car as explained in the information ( regular washing with pH neutral shampoo, no polishing or buffing etc). I contacted Motorone and they sent a warranty claim form. It does not make sense as I don’t think there is any major fault except that the coating has been slowly getting worn out. This is contrary to Motorone’s claim of lifetime longevity. What are my options and realistic lifetime of this coating? How do you compare and measure the performance of coating between now and when it was new? How can this difference be proven?

nanda
nanda

In my opinion, Paint protection is waste of time and money. I can't trust Motor One. I have made a complaint to consumer affairs about my case. More complaints to consumer affairs, will warrant them to make an investigation on company products and it behaviour. Mind you brand new cars are warranty protected by the manufacturer.

MotorOne C.MotorOne

Hi Trevor, thanks for sending through your queries. Directing your questions to us will help to ensure you receive the most accurate information about the product and expectations. It's great to hear you've looked after your car's paintwork as per the information provided in your care instructions. The warranty claim form process we have in place is purely to help coordinate product related requests that customers have. This way we can access the necessary information to make the inspection and potential rectification as streamlined and efficient as possible for you. If you haven't already done so, please do submit a claim (request) online and our team will get in touch with you as soon as possible to discuss further. If you do have any queries or concerns otherwise, feel free at any time to contact our Product Training & Compliance Manager, Maureen Jongsma on 0427 720 991 or via mjongsma@bigpond.com

Trevor

Thanks Motorone, I contacted Maureen. She was very helpful and directed me to relevant department for the coating to be evaluated and fixed. I am happy with your response.

Colleen W.
Colleen W.asked

Reviews on Perfexion Leather Protection

Paul
Paulasked

I just brought holden commodore GTS HSV PHANTOM BLACK 2012, XTREME VEHICLE PROTECTION , iam trying to buy a Rejuvenator what is it called and where do i get it, as motorone rang them got told they do nnt make it any more ,message them many times with no reply

MotorOne C.MotorOne

Hi Paul, thanks for connecting with us. We absolutely can offer you some more Rejuvenator for the protection on your Phantom. Could you please email us at hello@motorone.com with your contact details (including full name, phone number and a delivery address) and we can arrange with you directly. Hear from you again soon. From the team at MotorOne.

KER
KERasked

Hi there,
I have a three year old car that has Artillery Fungus all over the bonnet of the car and eaten through into the paint and it will not come off at all. Will your warranty cover this?
Thanks.

MotorOne C.MotorOne

Hi there Kate, I believe our warranty team have your submitted claim and are handling the matter with you currently. If you do have any further queries or concerns, connect with us anytime via hello@motorone.com

graham
grahamasked

can you put your car through a carwash

Daniel
Daniel

No you have to wash your car with special car wash that you have to purchase from motorone.

DRPasked

Hi,
Have my new car coated and a bottle of shampoo. Instructions on the bottle say "avoid contact with the skin". Does that mean I have to use gloves to wash my car? DRP

MotorOne C.MotorOne

Hi DRP, The safety directions state to avoid contact with skin as a precaution due to the concentration of active ingredients in the undiluted formula. Once a couple of capfuls are diluted in 10L of water, as per the directions, there's no need to wear gloves to wash your car. We recommend to chamois after washing. Thanks for raising the question - trust this helps clarify things!

DRP

Thanks. I thought as much.

Ranga Tang
Ranga Tangasked

If dealer applies any of your products who is that fixes it when there is a problem? Dealer or MotorOne?

Bruce
Bruce

I would image that the dealer has the responsibility. I didn't purchase the product through a dealer but direct from MotorOne.

DRP

I had it provided by the dealer but was given a warranty from Hydro.

Pennycasked

I had the dealer wash my car when fixing my tint that was bubbles, I never asked they wash my car and during this they scratched it in clear coat in several areas, I thought my paint protection would stop clear coat scratches? How could it scratch so easily when it has paint protection?

Shaun Boyce
Shaun Boyce

its because of the poor quality of motorones product, it doesn't do anything that it says it will

typical

Daniel More
Daniel More

Hello. I would like to recommend to you the latest item and most popular nowadays. The Ceramic Paint Protection is very effective for your vehicle it will protect your car from scratch and pollution. For more information just visit these pages that will help you to improve your vehicle to a better one. Just visit this:

Roddyasked

Can I have a copy of the warranty conditions for this product, please? [email removed]

HYDRO exterior paint protection as applied by VW dealer on brand new car. Also what are the ongoing maintenance/washing requirements?

MotorOne C.MotorOne

Hi Roddy, no problem. If you could please email us at hello@motorone.com with your full name and vehicle registration number, we'll forward your warranty and also outline the maintenance info. Thanks, and hear from you soon!

Will do.

aznsnoopy
aznsnoopyasked

I have a 2016 subaru which has the full protektiv hyro interior/exterior package applied.I bought the car 5 weeks ago .I have washed it every 2 weeks with the supplied shampoo.And i’ve noticed before applying the package there were a few stone hips which have rusted and they did not rectify these before applying the coating.And also i parked my car in a public carpark and someone made small scuffs and scratch on some panels.They are not through the clearcoat.But i can’t get them off.I was told this product would help protect against light scratching etc like in the promo video i was shown by the dealer .I hope Motorone can help me to get the coating reapplied and these light scuffs taken out as i paid $1300 for protection against these very things

Con
Conasked

Planning to buy a brand new Toyota Fortuner this July, a friend mentioned about Ceramic Paint Protection and I am bit concerned if it gets applied on will I loss the factory warranty of Toyota? What happens with the warranty? The lady I spoke to said it will be voided.

Ell
Ell

Don’t bother with the MotorOne Paint protection package.... as you can see from other comments, even if it does crack and peel, they never rectify the fault.
Keep the money in your pocket!!

Eliese J.
Eliese J.

Don’t do it, warranty covers nothing.

Rya
Rya

Don’t waste your money.

Geki
Gekiasked

Received our car Tuesday. Rolled down the passenger window today (Sunday) and tremendous scratches on the tint. A grinding sound in the window. Do your installers open the door trim to put tint on? Something is not right in there and as a result it has destroyed the tint. We are concerned with the quality of installation. We also have bubbles on another window. This is a brand new car collected 6 days ago. We were assured of high quality installation by the dealer after expressing concerns. What should we now do? How do we find out where your stores are located?

camille g.
camille g.asked

How long do u have to wait to wash your car after having the hydro paint protection on

Simone Gasked

Had paint and interior protection when I purchased the vehicle in December however had to go back to be corrected due to water marks sealed into the bonnet. This was corrected and reapplied however water marks have appeared again. Very unhappy with this product and feel it has ruined my new vehicle for a cost of $2500.00.
How can this be repaired without the need to buff the bonnet again

Dee
Dee

Hi Simone.
I had the ceramic coating done thru motor one.
It had water marks and I took the car back to them and it ended up worse than when I left it. I'm now persuing a full refund. They did offer several options to try and satisfy me but I'd rather they don't touch the car again and I'll just put it down as a bad experience. Good luck.

Simone G

Thank you Dee for your response. I am feeling I may need to pursue the same course of action unfortunately. However still leaves me pretty sad about my new car

Simone G

Be good to hear from Motor one on this matter

Get an answer from our members and MotorOne representatives

Other Vehicle Accessories, Parts & Tyre Shops