Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan

Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan

See the Best 4 Wheel Prams & Strollers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Easy to use and looks great

Pram looked great, enough storage space and could be used in most terrain. I chose this due to the multiple ways in which you could move the seat, front and rear facing, along with multiple recline options and was not disappointed

Purchased in May 2015.

Safety
Functionality
Manoeuvrability
Ease of Packing & Storage

Not of expected quality. Unsatisfied.

Expected a better quality from such a big brand. But wrong. The basket isn't properly accessible with the bassinet on. The foot muff is a waste. It doesn't have any button or strap to hold it in place. The foot part flies of there is a heavy wing keeping baby exposed to all the sand and pollution outside. The canopy extension is not good. And no mesh window for it. Overall unsatisfied. Should have gone for valco babyultra snap
Good side is easy to maneuver. And easy to fold

Nice to push

I purchased this pram online after reading all the reviews.
This pram is amazing to push, even one-handed. Is great to take along tonpay all the bills and grab a few things from the shops as it has a lot of storage underneath. I loved how it converts from bassinet to pram to stroller. Simple recline action and a sturdy pram overall.
What I don’t like is the need to detach the seating from the base when rear facing when collapsing and putting into the car. Although it is reasonable simple to do, it is a hassle and made more awkward due to the weight of this pram which is rather heavy and does take up a lot of space. The sunshade is quite short so have used with the netting undone to extend the coverage but then need to place a blanket to block any sun or wind.
Overall this pram has done the job but looking back would not have purchased due to the weight, collapsing style and the large amount of room it takes in the back of car.

Great

This pram is big but so easy to fold and put in the car. I chose the red option for my bub when she was a baby. I loved the fact you could turn it into a bassinet but also a pram. the straps and wheels are sturdy. highly recommend

Love my MB Cosmopolitan!

We love our MB Cosmopolitan. It has really served us well on walks and at the shops and it we built to withstand a beating when loaded into and out of the car.
Maneuvers well and doesn't topple over if turning too fast.
at 12 kgs, it is a bit heavy for me but looks great and folds down easily enough

Good product! Value of money

It is easy to maneuver, but it is a little heavy for me. It is easy to fold and unfold. I choose this one because I can use it since my baby was born. She can sleep in it when she was born and I don’t need to buy another bassinet. The most important thing is that it is cheaper than most of strollers.

Love this pram

As someone who doesn’t drive this pram meets all my needs! Has great basket storage, 3 recline, forward facing and rear facing, great suspension and handles the terrain of walking everywhere exceptionally well. Front wheels lock and unlock. Easy to put down, comfortable for my son and liner easy to clean. It’s a shame it isn’t as popular as it should be. Only qualm is I wish the hood went down further. I have the cosmopolitan V2

stylish but not great

Very nice looking pram with a sturdy feel and more conpact than otbers.The issue i had was the wheels/pram is quite wide so i dont fit through alot of checkouts also when folding out it wouldnt always lock in so it would collapse while attaching the main seat which was annoying and the wheels started to veer after a few months.

Mostly love it. One issue.

Firstly, I do really like this pram. I have been using it for 3 years now over 2 children and I'm still using it.
It folds down easily, it's easy to steer one handed, it hasn't torn or faded and I love how it's so easy to change the seat into different positions.
One thing I reeeeally don't like is the handle bar. I am 6 foot tall and I don't find the handle is able to come up high enough to be really comfortable. Even fully extended it just doesn't feel right for me. I also wish the handle flatted out at the top like some other prams. Attaching an off the shelf pram caddy to the handles is odd and tends to make the caddy sit funny with it being on the angle.
Overall though, great pram.

It's OK...

I've had my cosmopolitan for two years now and I've found it to be an OK pram - not one that I would either recommend or not recommend.

Pros - I like the storage compartment underneath. I have not found the handle or any of the fabrics to fade or tear etc, they are still in excellent condition. It's wheels have never caused any problems although manoeuvrability has been hard at times.

Cons - I do not like the snack tray you can purchase with it, it sits up way too high for the toddler to eat at comfortably. I have found the straps to be painful and never quite fitting correctly or effectively. I've found the sunshade to not be as lengthy as other prams. It's also been hard to manoeuvre.

Love this pram

Have been using it for the last 8 months now. Absolutely love this pram. It has the bassinet feature which you can use for a new born which is perfect. It also has three incline settings which is handy. The pram closes easily (it can be a bit heavy to lift once closed but you can easily separate the bassinet which makes it a lot lighter). Can be used in forward and rear and is very easy to maneuver. Wonderful pram!!

12 month old has outgrown the seat

I have the Luxury edition of the cosmopolitan. I loved this pram when my baby was tiny. However, I am disappointed that he has already outgrown the seat! His head touches the top of the hood. He is on the 98th percentile for height though. I spent a lot on this pram expecting it to last a few years, and he is only 12 months old and I have had to buy a new stroller. I did very much love the pram though, it was lightweight for a pram of it's size and fit well in the boot of my car. It had plenty of storage space underneath and I was always getting comments about the fabric (being luxury edition it has the black and grey checkered fabric).
I was happy enough with the mountain buggy brand though that I have purchased the mountain buggy nano stroller for him, which has a much taller seat.

Perfect

I have had this pram for 3 years and has been perfect from day one with my first child up until he was a toddler and now still in use with my second baby. Super sturdy yet lightweight and so easy and quick to put together. Love the denim look and accessories that go with it.

great buy

I've had this pram for nearly 3 months now with my son and it's been a great so far, it has lie flat mode and toddler mode. It's easy to fold, unfold and carry and fits perfectly in my car. I use this nearly everyday and still in great condition, very happy

It's OK

I have been using this pram for two months and I find it a bit flimsy, I have already broken a bit of the plastic just putting the seat into stand. It is easy to maneuver & easy to fold down. Can buy great accessories for it. I am just not happy with quality for price paid.

Perfect pram!

We've been using our Mountain Buggy Cosmopolitan for over a year now and can't fault it. We loved having the built in bassinet option when bub was little and the flexible options for front or rear facing are great. Good size pram. Easy to maneuver and steer with one hand. Basket size is great. Pram just feels very sturdy overall. Pram has worn very well and still looks brand new despite almost daily use

Stylish and simplistic pram

This a a sturdy and compact pram, however can be difficult to maneuver with one hand. The thing I like best about it is it can be converted into a bassinet from a toddler's seat and you don't need to buy an extra bassinet. The basket underneath is a good size for some of your shopping bags. Can be folded using one hand. It occupies 1/2 of your boot though (I have a mazda 3), but I think most prams do.

Great pram

This pram has a nice sized basket, the seat is reversible and is fantastic that the seat can convert into a bassinet unlike most prams that require two different pieces. The recline is good, it has 3 positions in the seat then variety in the bassinet clips underneath the seat. Pretty easy to stear but is a little heavy

Overall great pram, fulfill its purpose :)

We bought this pram because we want a sturdy pram with large enough basket to carry groceries & baby items, also one that is not too bulky, that can be fold without separating the baby seat and the chassis. Overall this pram fulfill this purpose, and is quite value for money as it was only half price comparing to other comparable quality but pricier brands (ie. bugaboo, silvercross etc) It is not the lightweight ones that can be easily maneuvered and carried in and out of car, however it's a sturdy one. The only thing we dislike about it is the width of the pram itself with its big wheels, often in the car park when cars are parked close to each other we could not push our pram through...

Not handy!

I don't think this pram was a good investment at all! Especially not for the price I paid for it. Firstly , the harness is so complicated to adjust for my son he's alway loose even my partner tried to tighten it but doesn't know how, also the wheels are really hard to turn around corners it's not a smooth ride and you definitely cannot move it with one hand! It's so big and and takes up a lot of space in our car boot. It's big and not easy to carry or manoeuvre at all. It's bulky and bumpy. The only thing I enjoy about it is the carry basket underneath and the denim material. That is all.

Just wondering as I do a fair bit of walking on both pavement and gravel, do the tyres begin to look worn after regular use on gravel? As the tyres are made of plastic not air filled rubber. Really love the look of this pram and the fact it can be used as a bassinet but wondering how the tyres fare.

Deciding between this & a chameleon ...using it mostly around town & I'm not wanting to go hardcore off-reading but want it to handle grass/gravel/hard sand, will it do that fairly easily? Is the cosmopolitan okay for this usage? Thanks
yes I love the cosmo very good on gravel and grass ! turns easy and to pack in the car ! love it!Awesome, thank you! :-)Agree, the wheels and suspension make it great for rougher terrain... Not just a 'mall pram'

When using the lie flat mode, does the newborn baby have to lie on the harnesses? Or are they removable?
Not too sure what you mean by laying on the harnesses? If the child is in the pram i'd always strap the child in with the harnesses, if they roll over onto their stomach could be a suffocation risk or if the pram were to tip over they'd fall out. Harnesses are easy to adjust to loosen and tighten.We just laid her in between. We never strapped her in when laying flat. I'd also put a small blanket down too. No problems at all.I always had a blanket at the bottom to cushion her. The harnesses never came in the way. I would never strap her in when she was laying flat anyway.

Cosmopolitan
Seating Type Single
Suitable Age6+ months
Max User Weight 20 kg
Seat OrientationForward-facing
Bassinet Compatible Yes (Sold Separately)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Cup Holder, Height-Adjustable Handle, Suspension and Under-seat Storage
Wheel MaterialSolid