10Mountain Buggy Duet

Mountain Buggy Duet Questions & Answers

thinksmallstalbans
thinksmallstalbans

will a 2016 and a 2017 carrycot fit on a 2019 MB Duet chassis please? Only need to use one, but they came as a pair from a friend. I have 3 adaptors.

Petyer E
Petyer E

I am having a problem with my mountain buggy duet luxury herringbone the tyres are the ones with out air the plastic rim keeps coming off any ideas how to fix thanks

Jane a
Jane a

Hi can one of the seats be turned around to face mum?

Marilyn Zoller K.
Marilyn Zoller K.

What is the small piece of netting under the foot and how and where does it attach?

mcw1985
mcw1985

Hello! I would like to replace the sun hoods and hammocks on a Mountain Buggy Duo - does any one know if the Duet 2.5 sunhoods and hammocks fit? Thank you :)

Monique W.
Monique W.

Hi I am wanting to purchase a Mountain Buggy Duet. I have been given an older Mountain Buggy Duo which is a great pram but its just so big and heavy to get in and out of the car and our dog which is a large dog (Golden Retriever) has to squish in the side of the boot and lay on the pram to fit in the car which is not ideal because 95% the time when we are going for a walk we are taking him plus his hair gets all over the pram as well when he is laying on it. I was wondering has anyone with a Toyota Prado purchased the Duet and how does it fit in the boot? How much space in the boot would you say you have around the pram? Thanks

Joanne E
Joanne E

Is the depth of the seat adjustable? My nearly two year old seems to slide down as there is no depth in the seat?

Thewrightcris
Thewrightcris

HI there, i am considering this pram for my toddler and my newborn, so I'd like to know if i can have the newborn facing me in a bassinet/capsule and the toddler at the same time? Thanks in advance!

Jen c
Jen c

Hi I’m planning to buy the MB single car seat adaptor to fit my 2.5 duet and I’m wondering do you have to remove the main seat fabric in order to be able to attach the car seat or can you just sit the car seat over the seat fabric once the adaptors are fitted? I just want to be able to swap between the car seat option/normal seat as required. Thanks

Ashley
Ashley

I'm wondering if there are replacement canopies for the 2011 duet, does anyone know? It doesn't appear there are any on the website, will the 2014 ones fit?

Leah

They only seem to have one side of a hood available on the website for the 2011/2012 model, but I had a 2012 duet and I purchased 2014 hoods and they still worked they just didn’t have the buttons to attach to the seat frame, it made no difference to the seats just a little gap when the seats were reclined flat. They just attached with toggles around the top bar instead of buttoning on. Hope this helps!

sashab

I have a 2011 Duet. Can I buy one of the current Duet rain covers for it or will it be too small? Or I can find a old Duo (pre 2009 NZ model) rain cover for sale - would this fit it? Alternatively, do any of the universal covers work for it?

Claire
Claire

I have had a look in their website for compatible accessories for the legacy diet and it seems you can buy a storm cover to fit. https://mountainbuggy.com/au/Buy/accessories/pre-2017-duet/legacy-duet

Anna55555
Anna55555

At the risk of not fitting,I'd buy one from the mountain buggy website.

sashab

Thanks for looking- I appreciate it. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any double storm covers for sale on their website (only single), so was hoping there might be another option.

Clickingmad
Clickingmad

Has anyone had issues with back wheels clicking? My Mountain buggy duet V3 is driving me crazy!

mambelles
mambelles

Haven't had that problem with mine nor my sister's MB duet pram... I'd take it to a bicycle repair place to see if it's a simple wheel or tyre issue.

Good luck!

Krysta
Krysta

Not with the duet, but my terrain does have a very subtle click. I think the tire needs to be removed and cleaned and put back on.

Leah

I have this issue with a v3, I purchased one second hand and around the wheel it has corroded, previous owner must have taken it to the beach lots... I ordered a new back wheel so hoping this helps the problem ! But taking the wheel off a lubricating it with a silicone based lubricant might work ?

Bex
Bex

Is the mountain buggy duet compatible with the new Maxi-cosi Pebble Plus car seat?

Jane

Hi Bex, sorry I'm not sure if it is as I didn't use the capsule.

Richard Preston
Richard Preston

Can you fit a lascal buggy board to the duet?

Jane

Sorry I wish I could help but I have never tried, I know you can go into a baby shop & try it out as I did that with my other pram city mini. Good luck

Hi,

I'm having difficulty assembling the seats back to the frame after using the bassinet for my twin newborns they are ready to sit in the original seats but one seat with the zips fits in easily but the other with Velcro cannot fold over the zips and it's not secure enough for bub. Help needed.

Jane D

Hello. I didn't use bassinets with mine so have never had to fit the seats. Mine doesn't have any zips, perhaps they've changed a little - I purchased mine in January '12 so it's an older model now. Sorry I can't help, I'd suggest taking it back to the retailer where you purchased it & getting them to help you with it if that's possible. Good luck!

Thank you.

I found part of the zipper on the other seat that fitted together. It's all done.

Thanks again.

Emma.W
Emma.W

Does a steelcraft infant carrier fit a mountain buggy duet?

Jane D

I'm not sure sorry as I don't have a steel craft infant carrier but I'm sure any of the baby retail stores that stock both those products would be able to answer that. Good luck.

Mountain Buggy   DM

Hi Jane. Unfortunately the steelcraft infant carrier is not compatible with the Mountain Buggy duet. Here is a link to the matrix on our website that shows which infant car seats are compatible with our buggy range - external link

If you have any further questions, you are welcome to contact us directly at ozcare@mountainbuggy.com

mg
mg

Which wheels would you recommend for the 2015 MB duet? Do the newer aerotech wheels have suspension??

Rose
Rose

I wouldn't reccomend MB at all but if you do decide to go with them I would make sure they have wheels without air in them

I have recently purchased the citi mini duo its alittle bit wider then the MB but I don't have to worrie about the wheels deflating and it's much lighter

Jane D

I've just fitted the aero techs and they are great, wish I did it a couple of years ago!

Melissa Hamilton
Melissa Hamilton

Hi it Melissa,

I've got a mountain buggy duet and I was wondering if u could get a step at the back of pram for my toddler I'm about to have 3 under 3.

Mountain Buggy   DM

Hi Melissa, We offer freerider! It is a strollerboard that when ready can be converted to a scooter! It is a global innovation winner and we think you will love it!

external link

Thanks,

Team MB

jessam15
jessam15

Can 2 scooter attachments fit on the mountain buggy duet?

Cees
Cees

I'm not sure sorry. We have a lascal buggy board and that fits

Kate00j
Kate00j

Does the twin carrycot (where the two babies go together in the one carrycot without a division) fit the mountain buggy duet pram or is it only the single carrycots that fit on it?

Tasch
Tasch

You would need to ask Mountain Buggy direct as I'm not sure. You can email them an enquiry through their Australian website and they will get back to you. I've used the website for a query and they got back to me the same day. Good luck.

Mountain Buggy   DM

Hi Kate, Thank you for the question. Unfortunately that was just designed for or old model duo. For the duet, you would need two individuals which we do sell. Feel free to get in touch with us regarding any questions!

care@mountainbuggy.com