10Mountain Buggy Duet

Mountain Buggy Duet Questions & Answers (page 2)

Meljade
Meljade

How wide is each seat in the pram?

Mountain Buggy
Mountain Buggy   DM

Hi, it's Mountain Buggy here! thanks for your question! each seat is 27cm wide on a duet. MBx

orbweavez

I have a question for those who have had to replace their tires. How frequently were you using the pram and what use did/do you have for it, ie, walking, jogging on grass or concrete etc.

emiliebaz
emiliebaz

We have had 3 punctures and 2 tires split apart in 9 months. We use the stroller daily- mainly on concrete paths or asphalt (bicycle tracks) because it just doesn't hold up 'off road'- on grass or dirt tracks. The first puncture occurred walking on a dirt track on day 3. We run and walk with it- up to 10kms per day. Of note, our single baby jogger city elite has never had a flat tire and we have been running and walking off road with this for > 2 years but unfortunately, the double version was just too big.

orbweavez

Thanks. I believe baby jogger use forever air tires so they are definitely different to the mountain buggy. Although the mountain buggy duet is one of the cheapest strollers on the market being only $600, it may end up costing a lot more in the near future. I wish someone could make another stroller with the same width!

Alyce24
Alyce24

Mountain buggy now sell air free tyres that you can purchase for the duet (about $180 for the set) but if you start buying lots of tyres it's worth thinking about. I love my air free tyres now!!!

Deb from Melbourne
Deb from Melbourne

Hoping to use the duet for a 1year old child sitting in the stroller on one side. This child has a medical condition and needs to always have portable suction equipment on hand. We'd like to use the portable carry cot alongside the child - to carry the equipment. Does this sound possible and does the carry cot need to be facing the opposite way to the child sitting in the stroller side. Would appreciate your advice. Deb from Melbourne

karen1988
karen1988

Hi, aww, poor bubba. I don't actually have carry cots for it so i'm sorry I cant be much help to you but it sounds like a good idea. I do have the 'joey' maybe even that might work for you. The sun visor can be put on over the joey which would protect the medical equipment perhaps. Maybe contact mountain buggy, i'm sure they'll be able to help you. Wishing your baby good health:)

BabyBabyBaby
BabyBabyBaby

A little late to answer but in case anyone is wondering yes the carry cot must be facing you (but hood is removable), and the weight limit is 9kg.

cbrpom
cbrpom

I'm 6 foot tall and want to jog is this pram any good ?

Pollyanna60
Pollyanna60

My hubby is 6'1 and pushes it easily (hasnt gone for a jog yet) and it's not even on the highest height setting. I'd say it would be fine.

Dag Stlhandske
Dag Stlhandske

I do not believe there is any height problem, since the handle is adjustable. However, given the problems I have had with tires (had to replace tires twice during a year despite normal use -no jogging with baby carriage) I wouldn't recommend this Mountain Buggy Duet, particularly not for someone who intends to walk or jog much with it.

mumof456
mumof456

When the duet is folded up how wide / deep / high is it? I will have to place pram behind rear seats in a 7 seater car, and there is limited cargo space there when rear seats are up. If pram is on its side, I want to find out if it will fit in my VERY limited boot space. I have a Toyota Kluger.

4timesmum
4timesmum

It will fit behind the back seats of my prado, although better if I pop one wheel off which is thankfully super easy. Specs are on the mountain buggy website I think it's about 30cm deep by about 90 something long.

Mjw29
Mjw29

It fits in the boot of my lancer sedan no worries

Get an answer from our members and Mountain Buggy representatives