6Mountain Buggy Swift

gsm
gsmNewcastle8 posts

Jen2213
Jen2213Melbourne4 posts

Easy to manoeuvre, light and quick

I have had this pram for about 4 years now and still love it. It is really easy to manoeuvre with even just a finger. It isn't bulky so I never had trouble going down any isle while shopping and was fun to run with too. I bought the attachable crib piece for newborn and that was great.

marty76
marty76Ringwood7 posts

By far the most durabe pram we have owned

Thoroughly impressed. We have 4 Children, and we have had our fair share of expensive and cheap prams. Out of all of them, the mountain buggy has been the best. It is strong, easy to use, rolls over any surface, and if you need arts, easy to get. (Due to traveling heaps, we have needed a few tyres and tubes along the way)

HBswell
HBswellAU35 posts

Easy to use, good size, practical

It's easy to fold, fits in my small car and easy to clean.

The handle bars are adjustable so my husband doesn't have to hunch over to use. Baby loves it, and reclines easy when she's asleep.

Only reason for not giving 5 stars is the tyres need pumping regularly and I had to replace one only after 2 months. And that tyre needed to be fitted with a different valve.

A bike shop can fix and replace tyres which is very handy.

LarissaI
LarissaIAU3 posts

Mountain Buggy Swift

I have had the Mountain Buggy Swift for about 3 years now and using it for our second child. Over all I am happy with it. Really my only complaint is the baring went after about 1.5 years. They were easy and relatively cheap to replace so I guess not really a biggie.

jls083

Kelly3232MELBOURNE5 posts

Jamie
JamieSydney, NSW8 posts

Mountain Buggy Swift

I got one of the first models that were made in China. Over all I am happy with the product however I have had a few problems. The bearings clapped out much quicker than I would have expected. Not hard to replace just annoying. Also one of the inner seem supports popped through the material. Apart from that this is a reasonably good unit.
Reasonably light..
Talu
TaluGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC14 posts

Good purchase

We have an MB swift that was made in New Zealand and it has been great. We bought it second hand and have had it for almost 4 years now. Apart from a bit of wear and tear it is doing really well. I know people who have had issues with the newer ones in terms of durability and tyre problems. So perhaps try buying one second hand or finding the few stores that still have some older NZ made prams. There is one store in Melbourne that still stocks these ones.
So easy to manoevre

Kristen MarieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC10 posts

KDub
KDubVic, 314619 posts

Brilliant pram

So glad we bought this pram. Used it for newborn with a cocoon inside and wasn't a problem (drops right down. Only thing was we popped a piece of cardboard under the front so it was a bit more level. Handling is great - so easy to manoeuvre. Smooth ride for bubs, adjustable handle, easy to fold up. Fairly compact (fit in the back of an old Mazda 323). With a toddler it is also fantastic as it drops down easily when they go to sleep. Highly recommend this pram.
Great handling, really compact compared to others - fairly narrow for a 3 wheeler so good for shops too
Nothing!!

Purplejodder
PurplejodderSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

MB fan
MB fan

Love it, but take care blowing up tyres!

Baby is now seven months old and the swift has been great, we have been off road and in the city, it is safe, sturdy and reliable...tyres can be pumped up or let down easily for different surfaces and other models products fit it so do not have to buy all mb accessories. It was great as an infant carrier and now works as a stroller... Plus it comes with a bar unlike other more expensive prams. It folds down to nothing, is easy to set up and put away.
Met all my needs
Just make sure not to pump tyres up too high as may need to replace them
Firsttimereviewer
Firsttimereviewer

Press studs are failing

Very disappointed with the mountain buggy swift. The press studs are failing and have to be reattached multiple times each time it is used. I am worried that my son will fall to ground if all press studs fail and hammock falls away from the frame. I contacted mountain buggy and they have stated that the press studs have rusted and the corrosion has made the press studs fail. But in fact there is no rust and the corrosion is from the press studs having to be reattached multiple times each trip.
Compact, convenient
Press studs failure make it unsafe
Tko
Tko2 posts

Amaazing! Love it :)

We got our swift on recommendation by a friend. It's strong, sturdy, lightweight, easy to steer and looks great! I've crossed paddocks and taken bush walks with it as well as the normal walking around town/shopping etc. The mountain buggy range is pricey but from what I've seen/used its great quality too (my baby is only 4 months so will update as she grows for how good it is when she's bigger)
Strong, sturdy, lightweight,looks great.
You'll need a reasonably large car boot.
Starshyma
StarshymaTownsville3 posts

Great Pram

This is a great pram. Very slim, I have never got stuck anywhere, shops are a breeze unlike a lot of other brands. The Mountain Buggy is very easy to maneuver around. I love the neutral lime colour. I have found it quite good to jog with as well. The bassinet attachment was great for our newborn
Reliable, narrow size, easy to use
Tamma_L
Tamma_LMelbourne2 posts

Great compact pram!

I have the mountain buggy in chilli, it's lightweight, compact and very easy to push! Fits through all aisles.. I use mine for walking/jogging and running and so far haven't had any issues! Great pram for a great price. The only thing I can fault about it is the smell.. I had to air it out for quite a long time and still has a rubbery smell to it.
Compact, lightweight, easy to steer and push
Had a bad smell for quite awhile... And customer service weren't helpful at all!
Vikz
VikzWellington3 posts
  Selected Review
Honest reviewer
Honest reviewerbuderim

Average

Mountain buggy was ok up until 4 months.

When my Bubs hit 4 months, the seat was not deep enough and if it wasn't for the groin strap he would slip out.

I m now having to buy another stroller as Bubs looks too uncomfortable compared to the other Bubs at mothers group.
Easy to manoeuvre
Seat too shallow

Wednesday
WednesdayHobart3 posts

I LOVE this pram!

I have NO regrets in buying this pram. It's compact and light yet durable and sturdy. It's easy to steer. I'm often often weaving it through isles in shops with just one arm and its breeze. I love that it fits through all the skinny isles and doors when most other brand prams get jammed. It folds up easy and comes with many accessories too. My bub loves it, shes comfortable and the tyres allow for a smooth ride. The viewing window in the hood allows me to see bub even though shes facing away from me. Highly recommend this pram!
It's compact size and its modern look.
Kimbo
KimboSydney2 posts

Michael M
Michael MMELBOURNE8 posts

Yaya
YayaMelbourne, Victoria8 posts

Very very happy

Iv got one baby but babysit others so i love this pram. Its the Best pram, small, easily moveable in shops :) light, can take 2 kids either on scooter or foot step! Comfy from new born to older. Love the adjustable handle and lock in wheel. Great break that can hold up on hills.
Easy to push
Jon
Jon

Tough, has the ability to be horribly overloaded and take it

Bought in 2006 and still in daily use today with the latest child. Regularly used as a load carrier between our local carpark and our appartment and has at times had 100 kg of IKEA flat packs placed on it for over 1 km. Got the upgraded canvas fabric and it has lasted well. Thought a couple of times about getting an umbrella stroller as well for public transport ( it is large and bulky when collapsed) tried a lot of others but nothing pushes as well as the Mountain Buggy or is as practical.
Pushes well, holds additional 5-7 yr old on front foot step.
Not real small when folded.
Ange.Mcarthur
Ange.McarthurAU2 posts

joey2402payne
joey2402payneSydney Surrounds, NSW5 posts

Excellent compact pram

I love this pram. It's light and narrow. Fits my capsule and bassinet easily. Easy to put up and down and easy to push. My nearly 4 yr old who is 94 cm still fits into it. He is lean tho. Also live the buggy board scooter attachment available on the back
Light and small easy to push
ladyj
ladyj73 posts

Fantastic pram

We bought the Swift pram and then the carry cot unit when it was on sale. It was great with the carry ot and now my little man is sitting up in the front facing configuration. It is easy to open and fold and put in the car. The only criticisim - if any - is that when the pram is in the sitting up position the fabric folds are a bit bunchy around bubs head. I also bought the sun shade which is great as it allows a good air flow but keeps any nasty bugs and flies out and bub can still see everything.
Easy to open and close.
Fabric is a bit bunchy when in a full sitting position.
KylieLiam

Wishy
WishyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC26 posts

Tamara98
Tamara98Melbourne3 posts

Excellent pram for on the go!

This pram has been awesome with plenty of well tested paths. It is very light to lift in and out of the car, and folds very easily. We have been able to easily move over many rough and varied surfaces such as light sanded areas and rocky roads. Easily moves around small spaces, such as shop aisles.
Very easy to maneuver, small and light
We did has some trouble with the wheels and having to replace, and pump them up.