Movie Guys / Game Guys

Movie Guys / Game Guys

See the Best Toys & Game Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Movie Guys / Game Guys? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.5

Even though gameguys don't always send the games on the top of my list, they have plenty of games to choose from and we get games all the time. Nine times out of ten they are in my top ten. I don't know what it used to cost us at the video shop but it was a lot, my kids always kept them longer than they should and I had to pay ridicules amounts to clear my membership.
    We have been with Gameguys now for over 12 months and I know I don't have to worry about over dues anymore. They are always helpful if I have had any issues and would recommend them to anyone with kids like mine.(Game Junkies)
    Finally we have found somewhere we can afford to rent the latest games
    They dont always send the games on the top of my list

Terrible

Waited 7 weeks for one of my ten top game picks and still never got one of them. Don't think they had any of the games,tried to contact Gamegays but they don't even have a phone number,should have been suspicious of any business that doesn't have a phone number.
    In Queensland
    Never got the new release games.

notgood
    notgoodAustralia

Terrible

This company started off OK but lost the plot real quick. They seem to be a back yard job and after a long wait for our DVD's they were badly scratched. The turn around times are slow and the communication is not great. There are better companies providing the same service. We cancelled as did a friend of mine with simular issues.
    They hire games and easy to use site.
    Too expensive as product spends to much time in the post or is not being sent when they state.

JayJay868
    JayJay868Victoria, 3724

OK

I did utilise the free 15-day trial from Movie Guys, however didn't continue it as I found the dispatching too slow. The range of DVDs was pretty good, and their website was easy enough to use. I suppose from QLD to VIC and vice versa, there will be considerable delays involved; postage is one aspect, however it was hard to tell if there was further delays from the QLD-end at Movie Guys. It would be good to get a review from someone situated in NSW or QLD, just to find out if the dispatching is any quicker in those states.
    Fair selection of movies. Easy to use / navigate website. Free trial useful.
    I found the dispatching to be slow (however that is VIC to/from QLD so you cannot expect it to be extremely good).

Toys & Game Shops

Find out how Movie Guys / Game Guys compares to other Toys & Game Shops

Terrible

Received an email telling customers that they are no longer servicing with DVDs They have sold all stock to Quickflix because they could not make a go of it and make it work. Now they are saying to stay with them if you a gaming customer as they will still service. I find that hard to beleive. They could not cut it with DVD and they will make it work with a -double the price product- I think not. You may look at the site but I know as a past customer that what they show they have instock - they do NOT - I have never ever ever received any of my top 5 requests. Now I know why....... BACK YARD JOB ...... good bye and NO GOOD LUCK from this unhappy loyal customer.
    Very nice site
    Very poor service

pezlurvesred
    pezlurvesred

Been a member with Movie guys for the past year..Found that membership packages were value for money..Especially being able to rent movies or games and didn't have to have them returned the next day. We will be staying with Game guys now that the movie side has been taken over by Quickflix..We always received at least 1 of our top 5 requests and we have even requested a game that they didn't have in stock and they even ordered one in for us..This service has saved my sons money, by not having to purchase the games..They get to play them to the end, with no thought of any late fees. I would recommend Game guys to anybody looking for an on line game rental company.
    Great site, very easy to negotiate
    They have just gotten rid of the dvds

6 screen-free activities to entertain kids and toddlers

It’s tempting to plonk the kids down in front of a screen to get some peace and quiet at the end of the day, especially if you’re home schooling. However when you have the energy, here are 6 screen-free activities to help entertain kids at home, during lockdown or on a regular weekend.

Avleen M.
    Avleen M.11 Aug 2021
    6-screen-free-activities-to-entertain-kids-and-toddlers

We joined up when they had the free trial and have not looked back..Great customer service..Anytime they have not had a dvd title we have wanted, with just a quick email they order it in . All recent tv shows like Dexter and some of the Law and Order series. The kids love the choice of games and the fact that you can purchase the games at a greatly reduced rate.
    The Movie Guys site is easy to negotiate, comprehensive games library and great prices.
    Can't think of any