mPort

See the Best Diet, Exercise & Weight Loss Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Allan B.

Allan B.Hunter Region, NSW

Very little consistency between scans.

Height changed between scans, weight would fluctuate, and so would fat free mass, often wildly.

My advice is use a machine that has a trained human operator, and that is calibrated more accurately.

In my opinion this is far too inaccurate to glean any useful information in terms of any incremental progress you may be making.

Terrible

I did the scan, and signed up for the free trial, but they immediately deducted $49.95 from my paypal account.
I have emailed them multiple times and tried the online chat, but there has been response.
I am very unhappy and will be reporting as an unauthorised deduction from my account to paypal.

Not accurate at all

Unfortunately , after the trial I forgot to cancel. Its not accurate at all. I recently did a professional body scan and my body fat is 5% lower than MPort showed me. I don't recommend and I would like to have my money back.

MarisaWright

MarisaWrightGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worth doing the initial trial but not accurate

Great concept and worth doing once. Actually seeing your avatar is a wake-up call! However it's not really useful when you're dieting because it's not accurate enough. To keep motivated on a diet, you really want to know you've lost weight, even if it's only 500g. I was careful to always use the same pod, but I still found my height fluctuated and so did my weight.

AN

ANSydney, NSW

Mport is great!

The concept is great. I highly recommend to everyone. I am hoping the mport team are calibarating the poets regularly. Also would like to know how body fat is calculated.

MichaelGW

MichaelGWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Liked the Pod and the information but it was out-of-order too often

We joined, paid the fee and used the Pod twice. Next three visits it was out-of-order. Contacted mport and requested a refund of moneys paid. Received an email apology and a promise to return funds paid as per my request. 2 days later, funds have been returned to bank account. Sad that the Pod wasn't more stable - if it was we never would have left.

Vanessa T.Perth, WA

Worst customer services

Sent them email 3x and twice in FB messenger asking if I can get refund (as I wont be using them anymore nor have done another one since trial) only got replied once on email as non-reply email saying they cancelled my membership without mentioned anything about refund.
Sent them another email and still heard nothing.
So frustating and disappointing.

Vanessa T.

Thanks for ur fast respond. I just wish someone explained to me whats happening, that would be make big different. Thanks anyway for the confirmation.

nh

nhcranbourne east

Shocking.

I am a size 8. Im all muscle from bodybuilding. Height was 5cms out, had me taller. Weight looked about right given the muscle mass. However body fat was a whopping 28% and it said I was overweight. My body fat is 11% on all other scans. The blob did not resemble me at all.

Kay L.mPort

Hi NH, if you could please reach out to us on support@mport.com.au we would love to look into this for you to investigate why this might have happened.

Regards

Kazz37South East Queensland, QLD

No customer service

Paolo

Paolo

Overall quite good i think

I did tens of scans and I usually get the same answers. Height range 169-171cm, weight 59-62.2 kg. My free fat mass usually comes as 57kg (a ridiculous 6% fat) but i wonder how accurately this estimate is.

DisappointedHunter Region, NSW

Takes your money and runs

I joined and paid yearly subscription. Soon after the port moved out of the area. I now would have to travel over an hour to find a port to use. rip off. I live in the city of Newcastle NSW.

Kay L.mPort

WARNING! Credit Card Being Charged After 1yr Of Cancellation ...

About a year ago I tried the MPort booth at Chadstone Shopping Centre, Melbourne. Purchased the monthly plan, got some inaccurate scans done ... cancelled ... deleted their crappy app and thought that was it.

I've just seen today (19. March 2019) that I was charged $4.95 by MPort for an app I have not had installed for over a year ... but Im also now wondering, how many other charges have gone through unnoticed?

A quick google search of MPort pulled this website up ... I had completely forgotten about this app until I wanted to find out where the charge came from on my CC statement.

Software glitch? Bug? ... I dont care ... people need to be made aware of these skimming scammers.

Hi,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused, this should not happen, a full refund will be made to you. Please write to us at support@mport.com.au. Looking forward to hear from you :)

Bodicea59

Bodicea59South East Queensland, QLD

This is not accurate

I used the mPort at Chermside Sopping Centre, Brisbane. Curious to see what it did. Off putting taking off my clothes but did so. For a two minute scan lots of information required. In the end the ‘pod’ had me 3 cm shorter and 2.5 kgs heavier than I had weighed myself. The aviator was a shapeless blob. Not expressed.

RBS

RBSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Inaccurate measurements

The Epping and Highpoint pods vary 3cm of height and 1-2kg of weight. The heights at both are not my true height and the weights are also slightly off so this makes it very frustrating when trying to measure weight loss and muscle gain each week. Overall I would not recommend this service if you wanted a highly accurate service. Inbody Scans are much more accurate although more expensive. You get what you pay for I guess.

Kathryn

KathrynBrisbane

Charged after cancelling premium subscription

I cancelled my premium subscription free trial the same day that I signed up and received an email from MPort confirming that I had "successfully cancelled your free trial access of our Premium subscription." 14 Days later, my Paypal account was charged the full price of $49.95 despite the fact that it had been confirmed by Mport that I had cancelled my free trial well within the 14 day trial period. Very disappointed and should have listened to other people's warnings about this dodgy practice.

Hi Kathryn,

This should not happen, can you please email to support@mport.com.au so we can look into this and process your refund accordingly. Very sorry for the inconvenience caused, and thank you for your feedback.

Really good for the New Year

I've seen this pop up on a few of the people I follow on Insta and I thought I"d finally check it out. Was easy to use and the measurements look great. The best (and worst) part is seeing the avatar.. pretty scary and motivating stuff. Looking forward to use it more.

Kay L.mPort

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you've had a good experience with us, looking forward to your transformation journey!

JenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The Advertised Free Once Off Trial Is Misleading

Jen

There was no facility in the mPort App to make the cancellation. I don't want to provide you with my email because I don't want everyone to see it.

Pretty accurate

I have done 2 scans now and most of the measurements seem pretty accurate except my height. My height is 165cm. The 2 scans I have had have been 162 and 161cm. This probably throws BMI etc out. Other than that seems pretty good

Great tool for progress

I found this at my local Pt Cook mall just this weekend and decided to try it out. It was very easy to use and I paid for the one off scan to see if it was worth it. The number of measurements captured is a lot and I may go back and try it again in a month. I found it very helpful. Hopefully the pod doesnt move.

ghostwhowalks

MPORT removed the unit away out of my reach as soon as I paid

The rating above doesn't fairly give enough scope; as I would have given it NO STARS AT ALL. They have failed to provide the service in my case; i.e. They took my money, then removed the MPORT to a location out of my reach. "Call the Shopping Centre" the email says - only problem is they are not the ones who took my money.... MPORT did. Disgraceful business practice that is in my opinion, UNLAWFUL. So I'm seeking action against them. To take someone's money, a service must be provided, no matter how bad. And by some of the reports here, that service isn't good anyway.

Hi,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused, a full refund will be made to you. Please write to us at support@mport.com.au. Looking forward to hear from you :)

ghostwhowalks

Mport came through with refund and was totally acceptable in the end.
ADMIN; please remove this review.

ghostwhowalks

I want to make it clear.
MPort acted fairly in the end.
I have asked productreview to remove my original post, but to no avail.
My daughter is using MPort and it is working well for her.

Stuasked

How do I get a refund please?

Stuasked

How do I get a refund please?

Disappointed

Hi Stu, I just contact mPort and explained the situation (which was that there was no longer a station near me to use) and they quickly refunded me.

Stu

Thanks. So they don't keep drawing from your credit card? I saw some reviews on here that said that they did, even after cancelling subscription.
How did you contact mport please?

Kay L.mPort

Hi Stu, please send us an email at support@mport.com.au and we will sort this out for you :) We definitely provide refunds very promptly if they are genuine cases and do not continue charging you :)

LARA

LARAasked

i am slightly confused. i regularly would use m-port to track my weight and found the one at watergardens to be fairly accurate. about 2 weeks ago the port that i normally use was under construction due to technical issues, now that its re-installed my avatar is bigger and my bmi/weight is significantly lower despite me physically gaining weight over the past 3 weeks.

Narelle R.
Narelle R.

The one at Watergardens was finally working again tonight, but I too question the accuracy? Whilst I believe the weight etc to be correct, (It said I have lost 1kg since j last measured 10 days ago in the same pod which matches my scales at home), it says I’ve gained 11% body fat??????

Get an answer from our members and mPort representatives

CategoryDiet, Exercise & Weight Loss Services