MSY Technology Physical store

MSY Technology Physical store

ACT, Fyshwick, TAS, Glenorchy, NSW, etc...

2.5

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (5) · No (20)
krusty

krustySydney, NSW

Good prices let down by incompetancy.

We have been regular customers of MSY for decades, pretty much from when they first started. Sadly the customer service hasn't changed much in that time.
Clearly they are only just surviving having recently closed all except two stores in Sydney. One was just 3km. from us, now it's around 19kms.
Their site, considering they sell computer products is still a nightmare. They also don't advise when ordered items are ready for pickup.
Good prices, now friendly staff (they weren't previously) but badly let down by sloppy, uncaring service. Of interest is that many computer equipment shops are now closing in 2020.

Store LocationUltimo
ian.tucker.9847

ian.tucker.9847AU

MSY computers - excellent

I have bought from MSY for many years and have found them to be pleasant, provide excellent service and usually very good pricing. MSY is my first 'port of call'. Good range of products.

Great service and very helpful!

Friendly staff that helped me find the right parts. Quick, efficient, and easy. I’m not particularly proficient with computers, all I had to do was ask what I wanted and the staff were able to recommend everything I needed.

Store LocationFyshwick, ACT

Tumm

TummSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great in Store staff appalling management and definitely not the cheapest as they advertise.

Great store with friendly knowledge staff but whoever sends them stock is a joke. Never have parts their motherboard shelves are often empty while they have 50+ CPU's in stock or they refuse to stock intel unlocked K series CPU's but will only stock unlocked Z series motherboards that are made to suit the CPU's they refuse to stock. - To whom ever orders stock for this place: What is the point of having 50 CPU's on shelf when you have no cases, motherboards or ram compatible with them? Get your act together your staff are trying hard to sell parts and PC's.

Store LocationMSY Brendale, QLD.
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Cheap stock, poor customer service.

MSY have the cheapest stock you will find Australia wide but their customer service is absolutely pathetic, if you're after something in particular you better know what you're talking about otherwise they won't be interested in talking to you, simple as that.

Store LocationAdelaide cbd

Chris RobinsonHobart, TAS

MSY rules!

My favourite computer shop! Always friendly, polite service and competitive prices in a convenient location. Thirty words? It's simply good service, good prices and a good range of products.
Thank you MSY!

Store LocationGlenorchy, Tasmania
Ben

BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stock issues

Tired of ordering, seeing it is in stock at the store online then driving 15 min to find they don't have it. No use calling as they never bother to answer the phone. the last straw after this happening for the 4th time in a row. Place needs to do a thorough stock take, this has been happening for years but much worse in the last 12 months.

Store LocationBrendale
Product PurchasedSeagate Backup Plus 4TB Portable Hard Drive
Alain C.

Alain C.Sydney, NSW

Astounding service

I have dealt with MSY (both ultimo and auburn stores) for over 15 years, yes the wait is long, but, to save money you cannot beat MSY, because of MSY i have been able to build custom computers for friends, family and clients at competitive rates and still turn a profit. People have to understand that MSY is a no nonsense business, their main clientele are people who now their stuff in regards to hardware. If you have no idea, then shop somewhere else and stop being a “karen”

Store LocationAuburn

Appalling buyer beware

Worst company when it come to warranty,called my son and myself a liar to our face when they had given us parts that had been restocked from someone else.Worst customer service in the industry.john was extermly rude when we mentioned his crap service parter.Amazing that these guys haven't heard of consumer rights,but they will.

Store LocationHolden Hill

Justin N.

Justin N.Watson 2602, ACT

Store is uncontactable

I visited the Fyshwick store yesterday to enquire on the status of a pickup order, as they were impossible to call on the phone, claiming that their phone was broken.

Despite the website showing every item I ordered online as being in stock at the store, the customer service officer claimed that the website was broken and in fact none of the items I ordered were.

I was told I should have e-mailed first, which I did, but received no response. He then suggested that he would be in contact today, but close of business has now passed without a phone call or email.

Store LocationFyshwick
John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

MSY PascoeVale have you got the message yet?

I'll join the chorus of complaints. I bought an SanDisk SSD from which failed after a couple of weeks. They refused to exchange it insisting on 'assessing' the product by sending it to Sydney, after two weeks I wrote an email saying it was taking too long, but four weeks turned into six weeks plus (I'd nearly forgotten about it). I spoke to consumer affairs who gave me a form letter that I filled out and sent to MSY. Still no response. I ended up walking in but rather than blow my stack I waited patiently and was given my replacement drive without an argument. Sleazy behaviour though, it should have been replaced on the spot.

Store LocationPascoe Vale
Romeo C.

Romeo C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love msy Holden Hill

Great service to buy a cable. It was the right one and we'll priced. Make a well known stationary outlet prices look like a scam.
I would recommend. Thanks guys.

Store LocationHolden Hill
Warranty Claim MadeNo

They have what you want but customer service it terribad!

They have a website that does NOT track stock and they do not have phones.... Use only if they are the last resort! The general knowledge of the staff member (usually only one) is typically OK but their returns/customer service is universally awful!

Store LocationFyshwick
John

JohnBarossa, South Australia

re Service

Re Warranty
A small percentage of products I have purchased from this store in the past appeared to be faulty.
Whenever I approached the store with the issues, they were always resolved quickly either by refund or prompt replacement.
Unfortunately this particular store is now closed. If the other MSY stores are like this one with regards to warranty, I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Store LocationElizabeth
Brenton T.

Brenton T.

Bad warranty service

Laptop warranty issue - local staff accused us of lying, would not listen and were very arrogant. Forced us to sign repair form under duress ( ie held laptop until we signed with inaccurate comments).

Adam L.

Adam L.Kambah 2902, ACT

Extremely poor customer service

Store LocationMSY Fyshwick
Roger

RogerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best deals.

MSY have some of the best prices in Australia even compared with online stores. They are my first stop when looking for computer parts and upgrades. Pitcairn St Glenorchy is not where you would expect to find them but it's easy to find and there's no parking issues.

Store LocationPitcairn St Glenorchy Tas

Product PurchasedQpix PS-970
kb3500

kb3500Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

No problems to date.

Bought new PC components from them a few times and always had good service and advice if and when I needed it.
No issues with them at all.
Thank you very much.

Store LocationElizabeth
Jack

JackMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great service and quick responses by email

I emailed MSY to hold the Msi 1660 super gaming x GPU and I got a quick response back in 20mins saying they would hold it for 4 days and when I got there it was still on hold for me and even tho the price was $419 when I called them it went to $429 but they still gave it to me for $419 i was really happy with that. Service was great as well! Then my brother also got GPU for $399 as well! Also had a look at the product and it’s looks completely fine to me better then expected!
The only thing I’ll say is they didn’t pick up there phone I guess the number may have been changed just not been updated but by email it was excellent!

Store LocationMSY TAS, Glenorchy