MSY Technology SA

Steve-gee

Steve-geeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great parts supplier and went above and beyond in service

I needed a decent fan solution for my CPU, which had previously burnt out two other fans, including the OEM one. The guys suggested a Coolermaster unit at $48, not only did it drop my temps by 50C, when I had some issues with it being harder to install than expected - the store manager fitted it personally.

For the other reviews on here, remember guys - they cop lots of newbs and all their questions which puts any mere mortal to the test - in my opinion they passed this time - with FLYING colours - I will be back!

Store LocationHolden Hill
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedCoolermaster CPU Fan

Horrendous Service

The people on hire are extremely rude and arrogant, and I'm confused as to how do many MSY locations have this exact problem. They managed to find the top 1 percent of elitist pc gamers who believe that their choices are the only good ones. They are extremely unhelpful when you ask any kind of question, and they will avoid assisting you in any way unless it is absolutely necessary.

Shop LocationSA, Holden Hill

Cheap prices for cheap service

Prices are good & that's about it terrible customer service went in looking to spend 3K onwards asked a couple of questions didn't even seem interested or helpful, ordered computer and I've since called 4 days in a day too be put on hold just to be hung up on before anyone answers.

James

JamesMelbourne

I went to purchase a computer case..

Shop LocationSA, Adelaide CBD

Standard service from a cutprice vendor

Divy

DivySA, 5011

Worst ever company don't buy from here

paulgoAdelaide

The totally WORST service I have EVER experienced!!

paulgo

Sorry I neglected to report on the outcome. On the THIRD trip, all was resolved with a big apology and absorbing the $10 for the price of the ram. It doesn't change the fact that these guys, many times, have NO idea what they are doing.

Just be 100 percent sure before you walk in.

If you buying parts to build a PC, make look you not only record what you want, but also have alternatives prepared in case they are out of stock, what I did to save time, Never ask them to suggest anything for you, to safe time just took phone photos from interesting parts from their website, go in, and shove the phone in front of their face, and said I want this, and that, etc, today I built a good deal computer, but the experience of buying everything, they made me feel like a lump of shift, and it's like they just wanted me to quickly choose, buy and get the hell out of there.

Skunk

Skunk

Arrogant and Rude Towards Customer.

When I wanted to exchange a motherboard which I had bought from MSY, they made me feel sorry for asking that. The person in charge of the store talked to me angrily, and with superior attitude, pointing that I have had opened the box. Then push the box back to me refusing my request. I thought I am doing something wrong but then I realised that something was wrong with that guy. Because nobody deserves that hostile attitude whatever request is.
Also I wanted to return a faulty PC Case to their online store writing that I tested it with two different motherboards and three different USB devices however they ignored my test results and rejected my warranty claim.
They do not appreciate their customers.
MSY is not a good business to shop.

Mic

Micwillunga

Great customer service, Quality products, Great value.

The customer service was great I went in with a list of requirements that i had researched and all were supplied without problems. The staff went through every item to make sure they delivered what i had ordered and answered all my questions in a very friendly manner. My extended family has been dealing with MSY in various locations for many years and have bought a lot of items from full PC builds to minor parts and have never had any issues with anything. My favorite store has always been North Plympton and although always busy the staff are quick and efficient.

Shop LocationSA, North Plympton

Yash7

Yash7Adelaide

Poor customer service

I shop with MSY for years now and perhaps cheapest place to shop IT hardware. Only issue is their cheapeness comes with cheap customer service as well. Usually, cashiers men are rude and incoperative. They do not like when you ask a question. Just expect customer to say exact product model no and pay and runway from their shop.

Frederick

Frederickbegaar@gmail.com

dito

I had issue with these so called employees behind the counter, had an item for one day no work so took it back via a 100klm trip asked for replacement as item was faulty no no no work like that, so I spat the dummy pulled the item out the box and hurled it over the counter smashing against the desk the ripped the box into pieces and threw it over the counter and walked outside and have never been back or dealt with any MSY outlet again.

Shop LocationSA, Port Adelaide

They are a reseller!

Yes, they are not SUPER helpful but in the end of the day they are just a re seller. They sell their stuff super cheap and i have never had a problem.

Adam

Adam

Quit all your winging

It's no surprise all these bad experiences occur when amateurs buy from MSY. MSY is a wholesaler, they don't provide advice, their job is to provide cheap parts, that's all. I have been buying from MSY for over 10 years and I don't think I have ever needed to speak with service staff, except to pick up my order. I have saved thousands of dollars on computer parts and delivery charges by using MSY, and I only buy brand name computer parts. MSY are consistently the cheapest computer parts supplier in Australia. If you don't know what the bandwidth or core clock speed on a CPU means then you need to visit Harvey Norman. No sympathy here.

Abysmal Customer Service!

I knew exactly the part I wanted. I knew it was in stock. (I've dealt with MSY before!). I walked into the store. Only one person ahead of me. The assistant (to use the term loosely) was carrying out testing on a part that the first customer was trying to return. No acknowledgement of my presence...not eye contact, a smile, a greeting...nothing. He carries on testing. I stand by the counter for a while. I wander round. Look at stock. Stand by the counter again. Read posters. Check my phone. Wander around some more. Stand by the counter again. Then just walk out. I simply cannot reward that level of incompetence and rudeness! URGENT need of compulsory attendance at Customer Service 101 for Dummies!

No regard for customers

Suzy

SuzyAdelaide

Very Incompetent

MSY Technology (SA) Pty Ltd
I recently purchased a PC built by MSY, the PC was tremendously heavy I wasn't able to carry by myself, which was found to have a faulty Hard Drive.
The Hard Drive was replaced under warranty however after the Hard Driver was replaced I was not able to connect to the Internet, no Wi-fi. So I engaged an IT consultant to have a look at it which he found out MSY had forgotten to re-install the necessary Drivers when the Hard Drive was replaced. That necessitated the IT consultant to deliver the PC to MSY and wait while the Drivers were re-installed.
The IT consultant charged me for his time $176.50, if Msy had been done his job correctly, it was un-necessary to engage an IT consultant.

Shop LocationSA, Adelaide CBD

Never going back on online order delivery

Gave msy online ordering a go..purchased on monday noon and got my tracking number thursday after i enquired whats happening with my order..stay away from online ordering..

Great

Great relialbe company so cheap, i dont know how they are so cheap. Very reliable. Good close locations as well.

Ripped Off

Bought 2 supposedly HD5670 GPU's when building a system for my son years ago.Kept all boxes etc and recently found (more experienced now) I was sold HD4670's in 5670 boxes.A check with PassMark shows the performance of the cards I got was half of that paid for.Really pissed to have paid $300 to be ripped off.CHECK EVERYTHING IS WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!!!