MTD Yard Machine Ride-On Mowers

13.5/38, 13AM775S000, 20/42, etc... (See All)
See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by MTD

• Product is used
  • Hill / Slope Performance
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Turning
Peter H.South East Queensland, QLD

Does a great job for the money

I have the VT 4000 with the catcher option and I love it, the lawn looks fresh and clean and stick and leaves are sucked up on every run. The downside is it chews through batteries every 2 years but for the price point J can live with that.

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,650.

Hunter McBryde
Hunter McBrydeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

I get 1 mow on my 3.5 acres before something somewhere breaks on it.

I have owned this machine less than 6 months. Since I have owned it, it has been to the mechanics 3 times. It now needs a fourth. The drive belt is awful, the safety stops are not secure. The drive power is awful. I would not recommend this machine to anyone.

This is the worst hunk of meatl i have ever encountered. I get 1 mow on my 3.5 acres before something somewhere breaks on it.

Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Safety
Noise Level
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Turning

Stop start very annoying

Bought MTD rde on second hand $1500.00 in 2020. Machine is easy to operate on rural yard. Chair is narrow and not that comfortable., Seat Tips slightly forward. Main issue since purchase is it cuts out after 5 minutes then you leave it and restart it, goes then it stops again. We have had it looked at by 2 repair shops who cant find the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Purchased at Trade Me for $1,500.

Product is used Weekly
Turning
Leigh P.
Leigh P.Gippsland, VIC

Get what you pay for

Purchased in October 2019 for $700.

Bernie
BernieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

suits person with good mechanical knowledge - minor irritations. must use "swing blades" = not solid bars.

Purchased at Red Shed - Dandenong Victoria.

Terrible mower

Bought from MTD order# CD6901745C18 March 21 2018 Received with front wheel bent from shipping. Transmission went out after 5 months. Mower won't go fast enough. You have to mow thin grass in 5th gear. 5th,6th,7th gear not much faster than 4th gear. Mtd said mower need speed adjustment. Took to shop and they adjusted per MTD instruction from their call to MTD. Made unit worse now clutch pedal is adjusted all the way into mower body, does allow enough space for pedal to travel when you change gears. No better speed. Now 1st gear doesn't work on a hill. Taking to another authorized dealer but don't think they can repair this mower. Mower is no good. Do not buy this mower.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Kinga
Kinga

My baby

This mower cuts my grass just how i like it and is perfection, best ride of my life ! It has lasted really long and is extremely durable and reliable for all my needs as i am not the only person that rides it. God bless the mower love love love

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Is artificial grass the right choice for my lawn?

With spring in full swing and yard owners tending to their greenery more, some are looking to ditch the lawn mowing altogether in favour of artificial grass. We go through the pros and cons of installing a synthetic lawn so that you can decide what’s right for your turf.

Clara V.
Clara V.21 Sept 2021
is-artificial-grass-the-right-choice-for-my-lawn

Excellent riding mower starts quick

I sold my 2008 Yard Machines, which never through a belt. My new Yard Machines has a Briggs and Stratton PowerBuilt 15.5 HP engine that starts immediately and powers through 12" grass. I'm very happy with this riding mower and highly recommend it to folks who need quality mower at a discount price.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Kenny Boy
Kenny BoyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My little hot rod

My MTD is OLD but it keeps going,due to its age I have had to just about rebuild it only through fair wear and tear. This little beast starts easy and away we go,have a bit of fun while cutting grass,I punish it and it's never let me down. Don't know if I would have a newer model as I like the the metal body on the oldie,anyway don't have to buy a new one...I've got the old 13.5/38 hot rod,this will go forever

Date PurchasedMar 2000

Chris
ChrisRedlands

Love it

I love my lawnmower because it is perfect cuts my grass as I like is powerful but not excessively powerful. They are fairly priced and come with a good Warrinty I've had mine Now for 3 years and it's still going strong but when it does stuff up ill be sure to buy a new MTD

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Jonsnow
JonsnowSouth East Queensland, QLD

No problems so far

Had the unit for 12 months, pros, easy to change oil, starts every time, does a reasonable job cutting the grass. Seat could be a little more comfortable as is hard, can get 2 full mows from 9 litres fuel.( my block is 3300 m2) A big annoyance is the mulching kit which will add $90 to your purchase. Its totally useless and broke away after 10 minutes. Tried various methods of securing but flies off every time. Has an annoying safety feature, will not mow in reverse !!! Would I buy again, well not based on some of these reviews but so far apart from the mulching issue no issues here.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
The Derry Kidd
The Derry KiddSydney, NSW

Biggest POS I've ever owned

Date PurchasedNov 2011

Geoff Stevenson
Geoff StevensonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad but has a few problems

lemon

my first mtd lasted 14 yrs with a few modifications. So when it finally was unrepairable I decided to buy another. Biggest lemon ever from day one deck kept falling down, belts burning out, catcher not attached correctly by dealer. Every time dealer took 3 -4 weeks to even look at, then it often had something else broken once got it home.

Death Trap