Muk 230-IR

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

OH MY GOSH

I have THICK hair. For every follicle I have 4 strands. It's foiled so it damages easily. Its fluffy and volumous and its hard to ever get it sleek.
Well! I used my 230IR today and holy moly! Salon quality results at home.
When I used my old hair straightener it was never flat, it would feel wirey and have lots of fuzz like I had put my hand in a power socket, but this is totally opposite.
It took 15 seconds to heat up and it displays the heat counting up to your requirement which I thought was cool.
There is a slight buzz which is the ionator working.
Im redundant at the moment so it was a lot of money and review reading to spend but ITS WORTH IT.

Purchased in September 2019 at Oz Hair & Beauty Online store for $149.99.

Straightening Time 10 minutes

Straightening must have

This straightener makes doing my hair so quick and easy. I had used other brands but because of the thickness, I find I can do large sections at a time and so spend less time doing my hair. Really like it.

Purchased in November 2018 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $299.00.

Best Straightener I've ever owned

This is by far the best straightener I've ever owned. Even over my previous GHD!
It's light weight, super quick to heat up, easy to use and straightens my hair in minutes.
I've had this one for years now and works just as it did when I purchased it.
Surprised at some of the negative reviews as I just could not be happier!

LOVE IT!!!

Love my MUK hair straightener. So easy to use, and straightens my hair perfectly. I have thick hair and works great. I'm sorry for those who don't think it works as mine works a treat.

Purchased in December 2018 at Hairhouse Warehouse Sunbury for $200.00.

Straightening Time 5 minutes

Has to be the worst hair straightener I have ever used

I purchased my muk hair straightener after reading all these 5 Star reviews I’m sure most of these reviews are fake
The first straightener I received was the worst I have ever used
It pulls & drags through my hair
The plates do not meet up properly with a gap at one end. The 2nd one I received is much the same.
Im a professional hairdresser with over 30 years experience
A friends Kmart straightener does a better job than these

Purchased in July 2019 at EBAY store for $88.00.

Best straightener ever owned

Heats up quickly, less than 2 minutes. Straightens hair beautifully first time and curls great too. Hair feels healthy and still straight on second day. Have owned a ghd and this is just as good if not better.

Purchased in May 2018 for $200.00.

Straightening Time 15 minutes

Works on the tickets of hairs

I have very thick and coarse hair. I had many straighteners, but MUK is the only one that does the job strengthening my hear. It is making my hear sleek and shiny. I hade some that after a while heats up not only inside elements but the outside plastic. MUK is cold to touch on the outside and perfect set temp on the inside panels.
In combination with the professional hairdryer, MUK straightener works the best.

Purchased in February 2014 for $299.00.

Straightening Time 20 minutes

Perfect!

absolutely loved this product! Works perfectly and makes my hair look amazing! I have purchased so many over time that never lived up to expectations, and now I have finally found the perfect straightener!

Purchased in March 2018.

Nice hair straightener

It's easy to use and straightens hair fast. Its not the absolute best hair straightener that I have used and that is why I have givin 4 stars. Has a very long cord and heats up fast.

Purchased in March 2019 at Hairhouse warehouse for $220.00.

Hair Style Straight
Straightening Time 25 minutes

I love my muk

After years of using a GHD and wondering what all the fuss is i finally got a MUK and i never am looking back! using the GDH my hair would frizz within half an hour, curls would drop in 5 mins. with my muk my curls hold all day and no frizz whatsoever.
my hair was also so shiny after using it!

Purchased in February 2019 for $200.00.

Straightening Time 20 minutes

My daughter is so happy with it

I have purchased so many brands of hair straightener for my family. This is the only one that everyone fights over to use. It works very well and I dont think my daughter could live without it.

My daughter has long curly hair and it is very hard to manage. At the hairdresser it takes he 30 - 60 minutes to straighten her hair. It still takes he as much time but with a saving of $60 each time. Only downside is that the chord is not long enough. You would think with an item that is used in a bathroom would have a much longer cord.

Buy the wide size as it is much better.

Purchased in February 2019.

Hair Style Curly

Better than GHD

My hairdresser used this straightener on my hair rather than the usual GHD.
I was amazed at how shiny my hair looked and my hair stayed straight and frizz free for 3 full days, which for my naturally curly and fine hair is amazing. Usually by the end of the day the ends at the back are starting to kink and after sleeping on it I wake up with bits sticking out, by the end of day 2 it’s a mess.
I thought it might be a fluke so on my next appointment I asked if she could use the Muk straightener again.
Same amazing results, it stayed perfectly straight and frizz free through dog walks in humidity and exercise, I was amazed.
I brought one and same amazing results at home, I never got results this good with my GHD.
I think that maybe the infrared works especially well on fine hair.
I could not be happier.

I have heard of some issues with longevity, but they do have a two year replacement warranty, time will tell, for now, I am thrilled.

Purchased in March 2019.

Hair Style Curly
Straightening Time 10 minutes

The best styling tool you'll ever own.

I upgraded my ghd for the Muk Style Stick as recommended by my hair dresser. 100% recommend this straightener. It works SO well. I have frizzy hair that needs hot heat to straighten, so I wack it on full blast when I use it, but it's certainly a plus that the temperature is adjustable. It only takes one slow pass to get smooth, straight, shiny hair. The Ion field tech really helps when my hair is being weird and static - I use baby powder between washes the suck up some oil which can cause crazy static and I just run the Muk over it to tame the frizz. I've had this straightener for well over a year (maybe 2 now) and I can't fault a single thing about it. Works as well today as the day I got it.

Purchased in June 2017.

Hair Style Wavy

oh yeah this is my kind of hair iron.. yay finally found 1 that actually works..

this iron is the best i have ever had so much better than ghd which I'd classify as totally basic hair iron now after seeing what the muk does for me.
15 minutes out the door with professional looking hair i am completely sold and love their products..

muk is great, mate

I had a GHD before I got my Muk and I thought that GHD was the best and the only option for me. My hair is really wavy and I find that Muk does a much better job of taking out the frizz and making it smooth and straight. It takes me about 10 - 20 min to straighten my hair (mid length). Very happy I decided to go with this product!

Fabulously straight hair!!!

I bought this Muk hair straightener after seeing it in action at my hairdressers on my hair each time I went there. Each time she used it she was able to straighten my hair in one pass and it was super shiny, super straight and sleek and soft and it stayed straight all day and even the next day!!! So impressive!!!

The best hair straightener!

The hair straightener is super fast to heat up and the temperatures are from 150C to 230C which is a good wide range for everyone. The plates are infused with keratin and from my use of it, my hair hasn't been heat damaged at all, it makes my hair super smooth and silky after using it. The cord is very long which is a bonus!

I LOVE it!

I thought this flat iron was perfect to take on the go! Would recommend!I love it it works great!! Since I have short hair is hard to be able to flat iron my hair with a regular size flat iron!

perfect

I decided to try MUK, my hair has never been so soft in my life!! Not only it is straight, almost bouncy, smooth, and stays straight way longer, but most importantly- frizz free!

Perfect for my fro

I have such thick hair and have always needed a wider straightener, walked into a hair salon to get my hair done and this is what they used there. Went out a bought on, and my goodness, goodbye to having to thin my boof, muk tames it and my hair looks amazing once done. Heats up quick, love the infrared light so my hair is safe, and it’s also lightweight too