Muk 230-IR

Muk 230-IR

See the Best Hair Straighteners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sarah

SarahPerth, WA

Works wonders on my thick, wavy hair

I had my old GHD for 10 years but needed a new straightener ASAP but couldn't afford a new GHD or Cloud 9 so I decided to give the Muk 230-IR a go. This straightener definitely lived up to all the glowing reviews I's read and has no issues dealing with my thick, wavy hair quickly with silky smooth results. It also is designed so that your hair doesn't get caught anywhere.

Purchased in November 2019 at My Hair Care Online store for $169.95.

Straightening Time 7 minutes

Sarah m

Sarah mPeel, WA

Heats up fast!

i use this everyday! I love how fast it is to heat up and makes it so easy to straighten my curly hair. Has different temperatures so can reduce hair damage, very happy with my purchase

Purchased in August 2019 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $200.00.

Not worth the money

Purchased yesterday, $199 from hair warehouse. Not worth the money. Doesnt reduce frizz, takes just as long to straighten as my cheap Remington. Has a weird cheap sound when you straighten, like it sounds more plastic and dodgy. Was really disappointed because Ive heard good reviews but not worth the money.

Purchased in November 2019 for $199.00.

Hair Length Short

Absolutely loving it

It’s been 3 years I hv been using Muk230-IR.
So easy to use & super handy with no hair damage.Highly recommended
Specially with curly hairs it just takes few mins to straight.

Purchased in August 2016.

Angie

AngieSydney, NSW

Money for value - instant results

The hair straightener is well made. High performance, with smooth plates. I love the LED lighting. I have used many brands before. And they did not heat up as fast. If you don't have time to wait. Its a very good product to invest in.

Purchased in October 2019.

Hair Style Straight

jezzabella114

jezzabella114Perth, WA

OH MY GOSH

I have THICK hair. For every follicle I have 4 strands. It's foiled so it damages easily. Its fluffy and volumous and its hard to ever get it sleek.
Well! I used my 230IR today and holy moly! Salon quality results at home.
When I used my old hair straightener it was never flat, it would feel wirey and have lots of fuzz like I had put my hand in a power socket, but this is totally opposite.
It took 15 seconds to heat up and it displays the heat counting up to your requirement which I thought was cool.
There is a slight buzz which is the ionator working.
Im redundant at the moment so it was a lot of money and review reading to spend but ITS WORTH IT.

Purchased in September 2019 at Oz Hair & Beauty Online store for $149.99.

Straightening Time 10 minutes

Kelly Jonas

Kelly JonasSydney, NSW

Straightening must have

This straightener makes doing my hair so quick and easy. I had used other brands but because of the thickness, I find I can do large sections at a time and so spend less time doing my hair. Really like it.

Purchased in November 2018 at Hairhouse Warehouse Online store for $299.00.

MissV37

MissV37AU

Best Straightener I've ever owned

This is by far the best straightener I've ever owned. Even over my previous GHD!
It's light weight, super quick to heat up, easy to use and straightens my hair in minutes.
I've had this one for years now and works just as it did when I purchased it.
Surprised at some of the negative reviews as I just could not be happier!

Bethels82

Bethels82Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

LOVE IT!!!

Love my MUK hair straightener. So easy to use, and straightens my hair perfectly. I have thick hair and works great. I'm sorry for those who don't think it works as mine works a treat.

Purchased in December 2018 at Hairhouse Warehouse Sunbury for $200.00.

Straightening Time 5 minutes
Judy

JudyHobart, TAS

Has to be the worst hair straightener I have ever used

I purchased my muk hair straightener after reading all these 5 Star reviews I’m sure most of these reviews are fake
The first straightener I received was the worst I have ever used
It pulls & drags through my hair
The plates do not meet up properly with a gap at one end. The 2nd one I received is much the same.
Im a professional hairdresser with over 30 years experience
A friends Kmart straightener does a better job than these

Purchased in July 2019 at EBAY store for $88.00.

MrsHSV

MrsHSVMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best straightener ever owned

Heats up quickly, less than 2 minutes. Straightens hair beautifully first time and curls great too. Hair feels healthy and still straight on second day. Have owned a ghd and this is just as good if not better.

Purchased in May 2018 for $200.00.

airsolaja

airsolajaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works on the tickets of hairs

I have very thick and coarse hair. I had many straighteners, but MUK is the only one that does the job strengthening my hear. It is making my hear sleek and shiny. I hade some that after a while heats up not only inside elements but the outside plastic. MUK is cold to touch on the outside and perfect set temp on the inside panels.
In combination with the professional hairdryer, MUK straightener works the best.

Purchased in February 2014 for $299.00.

mr mad

mr mad

Perfect!

absolutely loved this product! Works perfectly and makes my hair look amazing! I have purchased so many over time that never lived up to expectations, and now I have finally found the perfect straightener!

Purchased in March 2018.

Ashlee

AshleeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice hair straightener

It's easy to use and straightens hair fast. Its not the absolute best hair straightener that I have used and that is why I have givin 4 stars. Has a very long cord and heats up fast.

Purchased in March 2019 at Hairhouse warehouse for $220.00.

Hair Style Straight
Straightening Time 25 minutes
mollyh

mollyhSomerville

I love my muk

After years of using a GHD and wondering what all the fuss is i finally got a MUK and i never am looking back! using the GDH my hair would frizz within half an hour, curls would drop in 5 mins. with my muk my curls hold all day and no frizz whatsoever.
my hair was also so shiny after using it!

Purchased in February 2019 for $200.00.

Sam S.

Sam S.

My daughter is so happy with it

I have purchased so many brands of hair straightener for my family. This is the only one that everyone fights over to use. It works very well and I dont think my daughter could live without it.

My daughter has long curly hair and it is very hard to manage. At the hairdresser it takes he 30 - 60 minutes to straighten her hair. It still takes he as much time but with a saving of $60 each time. Only downside is that the chord is not long enough. You would think with an item that is used in a bathroom would have a much longer cord.

Buy the wide size as it is much better.

Purchased in February 2019.

Janine

Janinemelbourne

Better than GHD

Purchased in March 2019.

Straightening Time 10 minutes

Shaunska

ShaunskaMurray Mallee, SA

The best styling tool you'll ever own.

I upgraded my ghd for the Muk Style Stick as recommended by my hair dresser. 100% recommend this straightener. It works SO well. I have frizzy hair that needs hot heat to straighten, so I wack it on full blast when I use it, but it's certainly a plus that the temperature is adjustable. It only takes one slow pass to get smooth, straight, shiny hair. The Ion field tech really helps when my hair is being weird and static - I use baby powder between washes the suck up some oil which can cause crazy static and I just run the Muk over it to tame the frizz. I've had this straightener for well over a year (maybe 2 now) and I can't fault a single thing about it. Works as well today as the day I got it.

Purchased in June 2017.

Kylie Lee nixon

Kylie Lee nixonAU

oh yeah this is my kind of hair iron.. yay finally found 1 that actually works..

this iron is the best i have ever had so much better than ghd which I'd classify as totally basic hair iron now after seeing what the muk does for me.
15 minutes out the door with professional looking hair i am completely sold and love their products..

Alex

Alex

muk is great, mate

I had a GHD before I got my Muk and I thought that GHD was the best and the only option for me. My hair is really wavy and I find that Muk does a much better job of taking out the frizz and making it smooth and straight. It takes me about 10 - 20 min to straighten my hair (mid length). Very happy I decided to go with this product!