Munchkin Grassfed

Pros

• Gentle on your child's tummy

• Dissolves easily in water

• Simple to prepare

• Good for babies with reflux

Cons

• Slightly expensive

• Breastfed Child Yes · No (54)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (53) · No (0)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (6) · No (48)
Kavitha

KavithaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Really good formula

Bub took this formula from birth with no issues. Devastated that its being discontinued as im so hesitant to change formula.does anybody know where we can purchase a bulk of stage 2 tins

Purchased in March 2020 for $28.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Hi. If you send me your details to customer@grassfedmilk.com.au I can organise bulk deliveries for you. Thanks customer care team

Ad

Very good formula, so sad it’s getting discontinued

We have been using this formula without issue. I read that the formula is getting discontinued. Our baby is 5 months old.
Now we are confused we should move to which new stage 2 formula. Any one made the switch, any recommendations

Purchased in April 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $28.00.

Diyana Z.Perth, WA

Best formula!

My baby loves this formula. It was originally bought because the first formula we tried for her gave her colic really bad. Once we put her on the stage 1 munchkin she had no issues and we followed on with stage 2.
When I went to buy more every shop had none except chemist warehouse online. In the interim waiting for the order to arrive I had to buy a formula closest in ingredients as I was running low on the last can. I started the new formula and my baby ended up loving it and not wanting to take the munchkin one after. Sad that this formula has been discontinued. The chemist warehouse order finally arrived and now I have 2 cans available if anyone in Perth needs. Unopened brand new.

Purchased for $27.00.

Nicky

NickySydney, NSW

Love Munchkin

Before we had our baby my wife would spend hours reading up on reviews for all different types of formulas. She came to the conclusion that Munchkin had the best reviews and was rated one of the best. Knowing that it was a NZ owned company we were absolutely sold.

Bubs is 9 weeks old and unfortunately due to not producing enough breast milk I had to make the hardest decision to formula feed her. She absolutely loved Munchkin. She finishes every bottle with a settled stomach, brings her wind up so easily and she sleeps so well. I just found out that Munchkin has discontinued this product and I cried because it has been so good for my little one. It is going to be so hard to find a replacement. I am so devastated.

Purchased in April 2021 at Woolworths.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Hi glad we could help in the transition to formula. If you goto our website there is still stage 1 available for purchase that could see you through to 6 months

Ella

EllaIllawarra, NSW

Perfect for my newborn bub!

My bub has been purely formula fed since 5 weeks old. He never showed any side effects and took to this formula straight away. Quite sad it is being discontinued.

Purchased in April 2021 at Woolworths for $30.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Thank you for your review and it is greatly appreciated. We tried as hard as we could to keep going but unfortunately COVID caught up with us. I would like to thank you and all of our loyal and passionate supporters during the last few years.

Ebony

EbonyPerth, WA

I love this formula, so sad it’s being discontinued!!!

Honestly I’ve had nothing but amazing things to say about this formula, I was initially upset with how hard it was to find in supply in stores but thankfully I could always find some online! Now I’m really unsure what to do as Munchkin will no longer be making bubs favourite formula :( thank you for providing my Bub with the best start and I honestly would like to know why the sudden discontinuation? Especially when they won one of the best formulas for 2021 on product review

Purchased for $30.00.

Jess681

Jess681Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good but no organic certification

This is the first formula I used for my newborn and while I had no issues with it, I realised that this formula had no certification (organic or grass fed)
This is the main reason why I stopped using it and started to move towards another brand with certifications.
In terms of box design, I really liked how easy it was to open the box with one hand (while
Carrying baby)
I disliked the fact that the spoon is worth 60ml which caused a lot of formula to be thrown.
My new formula has a 30ml spoon which I find way better.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store.

Viola

ViolaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I like it

My bub start having Munchkin the first week haven't try any other brand. He prefers Munchkin than breastmilk so I stopped breastmilk feed after a month. Now he is 2 months old, I'm not sure is it the formula not thick enough, he have 100ml - 150ml he will still feel hungry after an hour

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths for $30.00.

Sara Z.

Sara Z.

Wonderful product, great for formula-fed babies

My son is a formula-fed baby since I couldnt produce breastmilk. We tried A2, Bellamys, Nan, S26, Aptimal, Novalac before settling with Munchkin. Great formula and my son loves it

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Thank you for the review and glad to hear your son is doing well :)

Find out how Munchkin Grassfed compares to other Baby Formulas

Why didn’t I use this brand sooner!!

My son had been on Bellamy’s since 6w and is now 7 months.. he constantly had wind and reflux issues (went down the path of adding things to try and eliminate these issues and nothing worked) and I’ve now used this formula for 2 weeks and it’s been incredible. Makes me upset I didn’t start it sooner! Life changing!!

Purchased in August 2020 at Woolworths for $28.00.

Hi Claire

Glad to hear your son is doing well now and that GrassFed could make such a difference:)

Tayla

TaylaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not for my bub

Tried my little one on the Munchkin grass fed after having some issues with Aptamil and unfortunately it made her projectile vomit as soon as it hit her belly. The formula was extremely easy to prepare and tastes exactly like cows milk - a shame it didn’t work for my bub!

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for $30.00.

Caused Unease / SicknessYes
GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Hi Sorry to hear it didn't work for your little one, hope she is doing better now?

Gonie

Goniefawkner

Gentle on my bubbs tummy!

My daughter have tried NAN, BLACKMORES etc she's struggled with all of them finally found this thabks to product review!! She's happier no regrets! Try it and see for yourself

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $27.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Great news and glad to hear your daughter is doing well :):):)

Easy transition from stage 1

My baby girl enjoy the transition to the stage 2 and we didn’t have any problem in general.
Easy as usual to prepare...just a very good formula overall.
The baby is growing happy...and an happy baby is an easier baby.

Purchased in August 2020 for $27.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Very glad to hear that everything is working :)

thanh n.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

have to change formula..

my daughter was on stage 1 and stage 2 just fine. she’s now 12months and she’s been on stage 3 for around a week now. from having regular bowel movements, she’s now going every second or third day. i also found that this formula is super frothy (didn’t have that issue with stage 1 and 2). i used this formula to mix in with her morning oats (i used to use stage 2 and it worked just fine) and it seemed to seperate in the microwave (could tell this as i put blueberries in and i could see the milk on the blueberries, it looked like the milk had gone off). really weird as i didn’t have an issue with stage 1&2.

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $28.00.

Caused Unease / SicknessYes
Kehlani

KehlaniSydney, NSW

I love this product!

This formula milk is a game-changer! I think my standards with grassfed milk are very high and this has exceeded that, most of them have caused hiccups and a few other things. However when I switched to this one, I noticed my baby has been less fussier than before.

Purchased in July 2020 for $27.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Glad to hear we met your high standards and that your little one is doing well :)

Ruben N.

Ruben N.Sydney, NSW

Tried Other Popular Brands, My Son Chose Grass Fed

My son really loves Grass Fed milk. I tried other 2 popular brands (I even compared the nutrients, both of them got slightly higher OMG3/6, prebiotics & probiotics), but none of them worked well for my son (they caused reflux). With Munchkin Grass Fed milk, my son gained 1 kg+ in the first month and he is so far so happy with it. Can't recommend them enough!

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $27.99.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Thank you for taking the time to write and I am really happy our formula has worked for you and your son :)

Great formula

Our baby girl always finish the bottle and she is a very happy baby. It is just very good product...we tried another brand but she refused to drink it.
We will moving to stage 2 in few weeks

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for $27.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Glad to hear it is working well for you and your little one :)

Baby loves the taste and actually finished bottle !!!

First off, the VERY few reviews against this formula is ridiculous because every baby is different you can’t straight up say this formula isn’t good if it didn’t work for you!!

I have tried aptamil, a2 platinum and Bellamys after 6 months of breastfeeding and she plain and simple did not enjoy drinking those formulas like she does with munchkin. She has a 150ml bottle before bed at 9pm, has another one between 3-4am and then wakes up for the morning 9-10am. I’m extremely happy, my friend recommended it! It’s the best feeling to see your baby actually like their milk. Five star from my baby! Btw it dissolves so easily in water not like those other formulas I mentioned.

Purchased in June 2020 for $30.00.

Keekee

Keekee

The best

My daughter loves drinking this. The reason I chose this one, after extensive research, was the fact it is made from grass fed cows.

It is much easier on her tummy than other brands I have used which cause constipation.

The hard part will be getting her off drinking this!!!

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $24.99.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Great news and happy to hear your little one is doing well :)

Elle K.

Elle K.Sydney, NSW

Game changer

My son became a different baby once we switched to this. He suffers with reflux & this formula works better for him than the reflux formula. Highly recommended & great customer service.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for $30.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Thanks Elle and glad we could help and to hear that everyone is doing better :)

Diyana Z.asked

Stage 2

Does anyone in Perth need 2 cans of Munchkin stage 2? My woolies ran out so I had to buy a different formula for my baby (which was the closest in ingredients to munchkin) and she ended up loving it and wouldn’t take the munchkin after. So I have 2 unopened cans I got delivery of finally from Chemist Warehouse (waited 2 weeks for it) and want to sell them to Perth only. I just want I paid for them $27 each or if you take both then $50 is fine.
Please contact me by reply to this question.

Alanna Rogers
Alanna Rogers

Do you mind if I ask which one you bought...that had the closest ingredients?

Hi. I would recommend Karicare

Diyana Z.

@Alanna I bought A2 Platinum stage 2, she loves it!

Holbi T.

Holbi T.asked

Grassfed

Who owns Munching Grassfed? I can see its made in New Zealand, is it also owned by New Zealanders? Thanks :)

Hi. It is actually US owned. Thanks

Amor B.

Amor B.asked

Grassfed

Hi, my son has been exclusively breastfeed since born, he is now 1 ur old and. A month, I have tried to introduce formula such as bellamy as my daughter loves that, but he doesn't, I was wondering if this is good for a mix feed as I'm wanting to give him formula.

Get an answer from our members and Munchkin representatives

Munchkin Grassfed

Features:

• Munchkin Grassfed is a cow’s-milk based formula, containing all the essential nutrients your little one needs.
  • The formula is palm oil free and uses milk from 100% grass fed cows who are free to graze, making it a more sustainable and ethical choice for parents.
  • It’s a whey-dominant formula, making it easier on your baby’s tummy.
  • All the formulas in the range are fortified with antioxidants (beta carotene, Vitamin C and Vitamin E) to aid your child’s development.
  • The formula is GMO and antibiotic free for parents who prefer a more natural formula.
  • Munchkin Grassfed offers Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 formulas.
  • The popular formula costs between $26-30 for a 730g tin, leaving it on the pricier end of the spectrum.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers found that this formula was gentle on their babies’ tummies.
  • Munchkin Grassfed has helped ease symptoms of reflux in a lot of babies.
  • The formula is easy to prepare and dissolves easily in water, leaving no nasty lumps.
  • It is widely available online and in stores like Woolworths, Coles and Chemist Warehouse - so you can stress less about running out.
  • Sustainability is at the heart of the Munchkin Grassfed range’s ethos.
Compare all 3 Munchkin Grassfed

Munchkin Stage 3

Munchkin Stage 3

CategoryBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby Formulas
Price (RRP) $30.00$30.00$26.00
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)
Stage123