Munchkin Grassfed

Munchkin Grassfed

Stage 3, Stage 1, Stage 2

• Breastfed Child Yes (35%) · No
  • Easy to PrepareYes (100%) · No (0%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (0%) · No (100%)
Priya K

Priya K

Doesn’t live upto the reviews

I was breastfeeding my baby and trying to find a formula to wean him off on to that wouldn’t constipate him as Nan comfort was very constipating unfortunately. Munchkin didn’t constipate my baby but unfortunately my baby didn’t like the taste initially - after a while he got used to the taste but he was always very cranky and hungry and never satisfied after his munchkin formula feeds. I’ve now had to change him to Aptamil gold and he’s a bit happier after his feeds and more satisfied at least. Munchkin has been very disappointing and it proved to me that just because a formula is more expensive or grass fed DOES not make it better than a cheaper alternative.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$27.00.

michelle

michelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

bf transition made easy

i was worried about putting my daughter on formula as i was bfing for the first 4 months. worried she would get constipated etc. not at all. she’s now 8 months and on stage 2 and has pooped everyday of her life. no problems with this formula. would recommend

Purchased in December 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$27.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Great news and glad we could help. Thanks for taking the time to review our product as well it is appreciated :)

Seda

SedaSydney, NSW

Gentle on the tummy!

Absolutely love this formula! My son has been mixed fed since week 2. I tried other formulas including SMA, bellamys organic, s26 and unfortunately none of them worked for us. Some he would projectile vomit after every feed, he didn’t take well to the taste & was having major gas. Since we switched to munchkin there has been no projectile vomits, excess gas/wind or constipation. He loves the taste and demolishes every bottle.
It also smells like fresh milk & so gentle on the tummy.

Purchased in December 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Glad to hear your son is doing so well on our formula and feeling better. This must also be a relief to you as well :)

Thanks for taking the time to write as we appreciate all feedback and love it when our formula makes a positive difference.

Geoff A

Geoff AAU

Big reduction in wind

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for A$30.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Hi Geoff, Thanks for taking the time to write the review and glad your little one is doing better. That is the most important thing for them and for you. Thanks

Sinthu M.

Sinthu M.

Switched to this at 8 months. Bub loves it and finishes her bottle every time!

I switched recently from another premium formula brand to this one as my Bub stopped taking bottles after 7months. She is 8 months now and happy with this. She even sleeps well in the night!

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles for A$27.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Great to hear and thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. Cheers

Soph

SophWestern District, VIC

9 month old loves it

Only had my daughter drinking it for a few days but she has taken to it immediately which is better than I can say for other formulas. Plus it doesn’t have that yuck formula smell so that’s a win for both of us

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for A$30.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Hi Soph, so glad to hear you and more importantly your daughter is doing well and enjoying our product. Thanks the GrassFed Milk Team

After 6 months of breastfeeding feeding i tried to switch to formula. I tried so many brand my daughter wouldnt take it. I tried munchkin she drank straight way. With no issues. So gentle on tummy. I m glad I tried this brand.

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths for A$30.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Thanks for taking the time to review our product and glad to hear your daughter is doing well.

Gayatri

GayatriGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect for tiny tummies

Loved this formula for a top up feed after giving my newborn another organic brand.
This is gentle on tiny tummies especially like my bub used to get colic and gas with the other brand. The formula mix is thinner and not THICK when mixed with water which I feel makes it easier for her digestion !

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Glad to hear your bub likes our formula, great news :)

Tilly

TillyPerth, WA

Not for us!

This was our first shot at formula and despite the good reviews bub didn't like this one. She turned her nose at multiple attempts when offering her a bottle. It's also one of the more expensive ones so it just goes to show the price point doesn't mean everything.

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles Online for A$27.00.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Sorry to hear that your Bub didn't like the formula. As long as they are happy with the brand you chose that is the most important thing. Thanks for taking the time to review us as well.

Dilhara P.

Dilhara P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My baby loves it

I always wanted use this formula in my child. She really loves it. Thank you munchkin. She doesnt have any side effects. Its is easy to prepare. I love the space given for the spoon. But the product is a little expensive.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths.

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Dear Dilhara, Thank you for taking the time to review Munchkin Grass Fed. We are pleased to hear your little one is doing well. Grass Fed Milk Team

Leah T.

Leah T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love munchkins formula

It’s hard choosing the best formula for your baby, with munchkins it was an easy.
Knowing these cows are grass fed happy cows made me choose munchkins.
My baby has never once had a problem, she stomachs it well, no vomiting, no reflux, nothing.
I’m 100% happy with this formula and feel confident I’m giving my baby the best I can. I would recommend it to anyone.
We are now at stage 3 and still completely happy, and you can even buy it in the local supermarket now......perfect!

Purchased in October 2018 at Woolworths Online store.

Kate O.Munchkin

Hi Leah. Thank you for taking the time to review Munchkin Grass Fed and sharing your experience. Its great to hear that you little one is thriving.
Warm regards, Munchkin

Katherine L.

Katherine L.Perth, WA

My baby enjoyed the taste and no more constipation.
The only problem is very hard to find stage 1 in-store or the closer chemist where we now decided to consider others grass fed milk instead munchkin.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for A$30.00.

Trinity

TrinitySouth East Queensland, QLD

No clumps and tin has nice design

The tin got my attention and when it said grass fed I was definitely drawn to it. I love that it has no clumps mix really well! And the bonus is it’s clever design where I can put the spoon on top of the lid so I don’t have to touch the formula when reaching in like other tins!

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for A$27.00.

Ruby

RubySouth East Queensland, QLD

I received the product twice in social soup

As a mum, you are very keen to know what formula are you going to use in weaning your child, especially when they started breastfeeding from newborn up to 22 months and one day I received a voucher to buy this product so I had the chance to try it with my kids and you can easily tell if they like it or not..and for me it’s grass fed milk so I highly recommend it to others..

Purchased in August 2018 at Coles for A$25.00.

Shenae T.

Shenae T.Perth, WA

No longer a colic baby!

For 12weeks I've had a exclusively breastfed colic baby, after trying different colic mixes, eliminating foods from my diet, tummy rubs and advice from GP I took it upon myself to research formula's. I loved everything about munchkin grass feed formula, for the last 9days I have given a bottle of formula early in the morning and one at night and breastfeeding in between, I no longer have a colic baby, no reflux, bringing up wind easily, no constipation, pooing with ease, happy baby and happy mummy.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$27.00.

Edna

EdnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy switch from Breastfeeding to formula with Munchkins Grassfed Stage 3!

After exclusively breastfeeding for the first 12 months. I was so worried about finding a formula bub would take to without issue. I did some research and I’m glad I found munchkins Grass fed. it has been amazing and alleviated a lot of stress off of this Mama.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$24.00.

Amy

Amy

Life saver

Breast feeding for nearly 2 years my son wouldn't take any other formula ( or bottled breast milk) I'm so happy I found munchkin his been having it for 4 months and loves it no constipation or tummy upsets like the other brands this is my life saver thank u so much for making a gentle tummy formula we love it

Purchased in February 2019 at Local Pharmacy for A$25.95.

Hi Amy,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are so thirilled to hear your little one is loving Grass Fed and that his tummy is happy and healthy.
Warm Regards

Fatim

FatimSouth East Queensland, QLD

My so loved it

My son can’t have enough of this formula he loves it and he has the weight to show for and so do I e both eat it because it just taste Amazing

Purchased in January 2018 at Coles Supermarkets for A$25.00.

Breeanne

BreeanneSouth West, WA

Absolutely love this formula

My son was breastfed so when the time come to transition him to formula I was stressing. I tried a couple of different formulas but he hated them and got really constipated. Then I came across Munchkin Grass Fed formula and thought I would give it a go. It was super easy to prepare and my son absolutely loved it. It was gentle on his stomach and never made him constipated and made the transition from breastfeeding to formula feeding a breeze. I wish I had this formula when my first son 5 years ago. We absolutely love this formula and wouldn’t use anything else.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$20.00.

mszoee

mszoeeGippsland, VIC

The best!

I have never bottle/formula fed any of my kids. This time around im finding it difficult to breastfeed my 4 day old daughter. I looked at so many different types of formula and came accross this Munchkins one. I got the matching Munchkins bottles also and she absolutely loves this formula! No constipation or reflux :) I'm really happy with this decision!

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for A$27.00.

Jenny

Jennyasked

Grassfed

Hi is ur Formula Good for Gassy Babies?as my baby is 5 weeks old and is always passing wind lol.

Hi Jen I have sent an answer to you via your DM. Thanks

Brent R.asked

Stage 1

Hello
Looking to try grass fed formula as our 3 week old is having trouble with other formulas even lactose free.
Interested to know what is the grass fertilised with that cows are eating?
Just because it’s grass fed doesn’t mean it’s automatically healthy.
If it’s a conventional synthetic fertiliser program then I wouldn’t use it.
Healthy grass needs balanced nutrition to produce nutritious milk
Are herbicides/pesticides used?
Hope to hear your response
Thanks Brent

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

All our suppliers will have some pesticides or ag-chemicals in their pastures.

However NZ has a very strong regulatory regime for the approval of Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines. This process ensures that Agricultural Compounds (such as herbicides for spraying pasture) are only registered if they won’t affect food safety, trade, and animal health and welfare. Some herbicides do have withholding periods after spraying, and farmers are required to comply with these withholding periods. Farmers are also required to keep records proving they have met these withholding periods (and that they have followed the label instructions)

From a practical point of view, there are two reasons why sprays do not create an issue in our pasture based system. Firstly, sprays are very rarely used as the whole point of having pasture is for it to be healthy and persistent. Let it outgrows and thrives above the weeds. Secondly, when spraying is required (which isn’t often), it will be done after the cows have been in the paddock. The cows won’t return to this paddock again for at least 20 days in our rotationally grazed system. There is no product with a withholding period as long as 20 days that would ever be used on pasture based farms.

Lastly, to check that the system is working, MPI run the NCCP program which independently and randomly checks for hundreds of different contaminants in raw milk.

I hope this helps

Thanks for your response
I’ll be trying the munchkin as every formula so far has him in pain and feeding every 2-3 hours!
Hopefully it’s as good as most say!

GrassFed Milk TeamMunchkin

Fingers crossed. As I have said before everyone little one is unique so let’s hope it does

LucyJ

LucyJasked

Grassfed

Is this formula good for bubs with reflux?

Hi Lucy

Based on what others have said on this review site and our FB page it seems our formula is good for little ones with reflux. However I always recommend talking to a health care professional first given the sensitive little tummies. Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Munchkin representatives