Listing monitored by Mungi Internet

saucy6969
saucy6969Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolutely Unprofessional

Received an email on 21/11/2018 stating they have closed up shop and stopped the internet immediately without any prior communication. This is an outrage as I am without internet (and I work from home) and it will be days before I can get hooked up again. Plus I paid my last invoice for service until 4th December 2018. Absolutely disgusted.

Charanjeet
CharanjeetMelbourne

Unprofessionals

They have closed the business and stopped the internet immediately without informing the customers. We are now without internet and no one can connect their new services in few hours so we have to wait for 3-5 business days.

Chau M
Chau MCanley Heights

Extremely poor technical support

I am extremely disappointed with Mungi. It started out great with good staff and no issues at all. However, 6 months down the line, I start to experience multiple wireless connections dropouts. And as addressed by their technical support team, I raise a ticket to hopefully resolve my issue. This has already been one week where they have failed to fix my internet problem. They hold no accountability or responsibility for their issues.

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)

Slow internet connection

Unhappy nbn customer@Mungi. Tried to give chances asking mungi to investigate further. But in reality, they did not accept just speedtest from mobile device. Excuses with requiring further isolation test via ethernet. Congested network during peak with slow speed. Nothing they can fix further. Glad to move to new provider quicker.

w1n2k
w1n2k

Thanks - so if you consider 3mbps over wifi 5ghz still reasonable during peak hour. Wifi is not congested as we are the only one use 5ghz network.

NickDCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Fine if you only want to download or stream locally but for International (most things) FORGET IT!

NickD

Really, I have replied with test results and all info requested... Your last one asked me if it had changed / improved to which I gave you an answer - NO, Current download speed around 150 Kb/s to this server.

Nav
Nav

All talk no action

After reading all the great reviews was pretty excited to sign up with Mungi. Signed up on 06/08/2018 to be activated on 20/08/2018 and after more than 10 days still waiting to be connected and since Friday evening been offline with no internet. Only positive is my inquiries have been replied promptly and every time have been advised it’s been escalated and prioritised.

Murdoc
MurdocGosford

Responsive, sorts things out quickly

Being a new customer moving to a new home, we did not want to continue with the Telco we'd been with for years, due to disappointing speeds and poor service. Mungi have been outstanding from the start, did everything they said they would, and responded to all our queries quickly. Keep up the good work.

November 21st 2018 Update: No Internet

Were great, till I paid for my 4th month in a row and a few days later got disconnected because they've gone into voluntary liquidation.

Hopefully I get a refund for a month I cannot use!

Jamie L.Mungi Internet

Thanks for choosing Mungi! Fantastic to hear about your experience. Please let us know if we can help with anything else :) Please reach out to us if you have any questions about your service

Review collected in partnership with Mungi Internet

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
GSR
GSRGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Were great but removed 100/40

I'm pretty annoyed but didn't feel right rating them any lower than 3 considering how good they WERE. With the discontinuation of 100/40 plans I have to look elsewhere unfortunately. Shame as i couldn't have been happier with the service and support I recieved until now.

Recommended if you're happy with 50/20 though.

Richard S
Richard SSouthwest, VIC

Great customer service, inconsistent speeds

kar
karVictoria

Bad start before even started

Hi Kar!

We aim to reply to voicemails within 20 minutes of being left. We're sorry you didn't have the best experience but you can also get in touch with us via Live Chat, SMS (0427188626) and Facebook too :)

simmo
simmoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No 100/40 plans now! Customers being downgraded.

I was initially very very happy with Mungi, great service and great speeds. As of today, anyone on a 100/40 speed tier has been advised they will be forced to a 50 Mbps downgrade as of 30th Sep 2018, with no option to remain on the 100Mbps tier.

The fact that I cannot even pay more to remain on the 100/40 plan because they have simply decided they don't want to offer this plan, now means I cannot recommend this provider.

I will be moving to one of the other ISP's that offer decent speeds, such as Vodafone, Aussie Broadband, Telstra, Optus, TPG etc.

Such a shame this has happened and very disappointed with this decision.

If it wasn't feasible, then change the pricing of the plans, don't just pull the pin on these speeds.

Ron
RonPerth, WA

No technical support on weekends!

After bad experience with Aussie Broadband due to having low speed during peak hours (despite their claims), I switched to Mingi 4 months ago. I have had a good experience with Mungi over the last 4 months, in fact I’ve been so happy with them that I brought my parents internet on board with them. Sadly things changed, my internet has been disconnected for over 12 hours (Saturday night). Raised a ticket with their technical support no one has contacted me and it seems tech support is closed during weekends!? Ready to explore my options if this is going to be the support from now on.

Its good so far

I think service excellent. I’m impressed with the service I’m getting with mungi as a new customer. I’m happy with mungi so far.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Jamie L.Mungi Internet

Glad to hear Karina, Is there anything we can do to make your experience any better?

Tomski182Ormeau

Slow speeds and ping

Switched from Buzz to Mungi and speeds are definitely slower. Two lots of downtime in a month. The most recent time, my username was changed without notice so my modem couldn’t authenticate.
They responded within an hour of the ticket being raised, but alluded to it being an NBN issue. “Let us know if you have any other issues and we will get it raised with NBN.” I think 3 stars is a fair score for a budget provider.

Jamie L.Mungi Internet

Hi there Tomski182. Have you raised a fault so we can look into your speed issues?

Tomski182

No but I definitely can. Can speed issues really be resolved, other than the provider increasing the CVC? Thanks for the response.

Jamie L.Mungi Internet

We have plenty of CVC Australia wide. Were you previously with Buzz? We've had a handful of customers who didn't enter their settings correctly which has caused some issues.

Raj
RajSydney

Extremely poor response

Requested for NBN connection to my property. Payment taken immediately and was promised connection in between 4 to 12 hours. Three days later received a call advising that the connect will not take place until a week later. The staff was arrogant and the Manager was just not prepared to listen and was arrogant. Without listening to our side of the case, the manager told us he will cancel the order and not proceed. I tried to explain to him of their failing to provide correct information to the prospective customers but he wouldn't listen.
Don't recommend Mungi to any prospective customer.