Listing monitored by Mungi Internet

Paul
PaulToowoomba

Quite good, to start with

Started off very well, very fast changeover from previous NBN supplier and there were some good months of service. The problems started post 'upgrade' when I could no longer download podcasts and Audible books (10-15KB/s download speed, timeouts). After around two weeks of troubleshooting (and factory modem resets) and bad internet I was advised to migrate to a faster plan. Everything was fixed by transferring to another ISP's same-speed service.

RodQueensland

Downgrade

Great customer service but I was informed my 100 mbps service will be downgraded to 50 mbps which is a bit odd. No thank you looking elsewhere.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Jamie L.Mungi Internet

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We've made huge investments and changes to our network. This has resulted in us to change our plans to ensure a sustainable, fast and well-experienced network. All the best.

Removed 100/40 Product, Poor future planning

Mungi's network is in shambles, with a stalling Layer 2 build, and financial issues that have resulted in them cancelling their 100/40 product, and cancelling already paying customers 100/40 connections, and changing them to 50/20.

Avoid.

Removed 100/40 plans and scrapped discounts when being forced to 50/20

While they respond quickly in regards to tech support for the most part, it doesn't excuse them removing plans and stripping the discounts from current plan owners. I understand their reasoning for removing 100/40 plans, but to deny current customers the discount they were being given previously is kind of dodgy.

Overall, while the people who work there are friendly and responsive (apart from FTTC connections, radio silence on that part), the service doesn't take care of loyal customers and is actively punishing them for no reason.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Mungi Internet compares to other Internet Service Providers

GSR
GSRGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Were great but removed 100/40

I'm pretty annoyed but didn't feel right rating them any lower than 3 considering how good they WERE. With the discontinuation of 100/40 plans I have to look elsewhere unfortunately. Shame as i couldn't have been happier with the service and support I recieved until now.

Recommended if you're happy with 50/20 though.

Jamie L.Mungi Internet

Thanks for choosing Mungi! Fantastic to hear about your experience. Please let us know if we can help with anything else :) Please reach out to us if you have any questions about your service

Richard S
Richard SSouthwest, VIC

Great customer service, inconsistent speeds

simmo
simmoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No 100/40 plans now! Customers being downgraded.

I was initially very very happy with Mungi, great service and great speeds. As of today, anyone on a 100/40 speed tier has been advised they will be forced to a 50 Mbps downgrade as of 30th Sep 2018, with no option to remain on the 100Mbps tier.

The fact that I cannot even pay more to remain on the 100/40 plan because they have simply decided they don't want to offer this plan, now means I cannot recommend this provider.

I will be moving to one of the other ISP's that offer decent speeds, such as Vodafone, Aussie Broadband, Telstra, Optus, TPG etc.

Such a shame this has happened and very disappointed with this decision.

If it wasn't feasible, then change the pricing of the plans, don't just pull the pin on these speeds.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Its good so far

I think service excellent. I’m impressed with the service I’m getting with mungi as a new customer. I’m happy with mungi so far.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Jamie L.Mungi Internet

Glad to hear Karina, Is there anything we can do to make your experience any better?

Tomski182Ormeau

Slow speeds and ping

Switched from Buzz to Mungi and speeds are definitely slower. Two lots of downtime in a month. The most recent time, my username was changed without notice so my modem couldn’t authenticate.
They responded within an hour of the ticket being raised, but alluded to it being an NBN issue. “Let us know if you have any other issues and we will get it raised with NBN.” I think 3 stars is a fair score for a budget provider.

Jamie L.Mungi Internet

Hi there Tomski182. Have you raised a fault so we can look into your speed issues?

Tomski182

No but I definitely can. Can speed issues really be resolved, other than the provider increasing the CVC? Thanks for the response.

Jamie L.Mungi Internet

We have plenty of CVC Australia wide. Were you previously with Buzz? We've had a handful of customers who didn't enter their settings correctly which has caused some issues.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Mungi Internet compares to other Internet Service Providers

As-it-isPerth

Ok... but not a great start

As-it-is

As an update to my original review. I am happy to report Mungi has been good since then.
Speed is pretty consistent and close to whats been advertised in the plan I purchased.

As-it-is

Tried to contact Mungi last night as the speed dropped to less than 10 MBPS for more than a few hours, but couldn't get a hold of Mungi after hours. Pretty poor technical back up. You cant phone them after hours or on weekends.

Review collected in partnership with Mungi Internet

hasher22
hasher22

It was so easy! But speed is questionable

Jamie L.Mungi Internet

Hi there, Your feedback is really important to us. We've raised this to nbn for investigation, as the majority of their team are currently on annual leave, I won't be able to get an update until Tuesday. Have a great new year.

CAthyasked

hi, i have been with telsta for ever. i have an existing modem, can i just use it if i sign up with you?

Trent
Trent

If the modem is capable of the current NBN technology you are on and you have a basic understanding of how to login to the device and change your login details, you can easily sign up with them.

They may be able to assist you as well with the configuration.

CAthy

no idea how to log in to the device.. i have signed up but not sure how to switch over.

GPS
GPSasked

Hi team,
Im unable to access your website "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.". Can you please assist?

Jamie L.Mungi Internet

Hey there, Are you able to SMS our team at 0427 188 626 or try accessing our website from another browser.

Roy Hewa
Roy Hewaasked

Hi
Regarding nbn, have you got your own control over cvc at the Bendigo exchange, or are you using any other telco pls?

Jamie L.Mungi Internet

Hey there, We work very closely with our upstream carriers to ensure a great experience. If you ever have unsatisfactory speeds, please let us know so we can follow it up for you :)

Get an answer from our members and Mungi Internet representatives