My Little Ripple Modern Cloth

My Little Ripple Modern Cloth (page 2 of 2)

• Comfort
banjoandfoot

banjoandfootAU

Great for a cheap nappy

Value for money, but need two inserts in the pocket

Compared to MCNs costing $20 -$30 a piece, I think these are excellent value for money. They are not newborn size, but for my daughter the sizing was good from about 8 weeks onward. She is 15 months old now, and these nappies will fit for some time yet. The draw back is the absorbency of the inserts. We use one cotton, and one bamboo per nappy and it works every time.
Good value compared to disposables or other MCNs
Need to buy extra inserts

AidanBaby

rachaeljoy

rachaeljoyAU

Great nappies

Great and Cheap!!

Couldn't believe my luck when I found these MCN's on eBay..... 10 for just under $40!! Bargain!!

I couldn't use these nappies for the first few weeks, as my baby's legs were too thin! But now we're in the full swing of things, I will never touch another disposable again!! They look so cute on my bubs bottom. No leaks! They fit really well, and aren't too bulky!! I add 1 bamboo booster (also bought from eBay!) and a pilcher and that does him the whole night time (12 hours)!! And they wash up brilliant every time!! They are still as white as when I bought them!

So pleased with these, I have just ordered my second batch!! :D
Reliable, easy to use, inexpensive!!
They didn't fit my newborn (that could be just me though!)

Mum77

Mum77AU

Affordable and effective cloth nappy

nlnx

nlnxAU

Cheap and not so good!

Bought these to give them a go as much cheaper, but you get what you pay for! Definitely not OSFM. Still no good at 7kg - no use as leak around the legs which don't fit.
Nothing much. Will try again when he's bigger. Can always use insert as another cleaning cloth...
Don't fit well

Mez

MezAU

Not OSFM

These are definitely not OSFM, my bubs is 2.5months and still doesn't fit in them. I've been using the inserts inside another brand OSFM that have fit him since he was 7lb.
on the plus side the inserts last about 3hrs which is what I expected for the price i paid for these nappies.
Ok absorbency of the inserts
Not OSFM - more like a Medium to Large size.

abbylee

abbyleeAU

terrible!

I bought these as i thought they were cheap, wish i hadn't wasted my money not absorbent at all!!and a very bad fit don't look very good on my baby girl definately buying itty bitty bums again next time.
inexpensive
bad quality, you get what you pay for

Reusable Nappies

Find out how My Little Ripple Modern Cloth compares to other Reusable Nappies

See all My Little Ripple Modern Cloth reviews

zozfozzle

zozfozzleasked

Hey all!
We are expecting and are thinking of using these nappies but on recieving 1 as a sample we noticed that it states on the tag that rash creams, powders etc. shouldnt be used. Would appreciate any feedback from current users as to how they negotiated this???? Cheers

CJ15
CJ15

Hello Zozfozzle, although I don't use MCN yet (I have been researching them), and from what I have read you can use flushable or reusable liners with your MCN. I hope this helps.

NappyHappy
NappyHappy

Hi Zozfozzle, I've been using MCN for18mths now and have found that liners are the best way around Nappy Rash Cream. The problem with the cream is that it's made to form a barrier between bubs bottom and the wee/poo, and so it does the same thing on the nappy and as it builds up, prevents the wee being absorbed. As CJ15 mentioned, you can get flushable or reusable - the flushable are thinner and it's great to be able to throw the poop down the loo with the liner, but I've found that a little cream sometimes seems to be able to make it's way through, and once the cream's on the nappy it's near impossible to get off, so I've been using reusable microfleece liners when I use cream, they are thicker and hold the cream - obviously the cream will stick to the liner though, just like it does to the nappy, so eventually you'll have to buy more liners, but they're much cheaper than new nappies :)
I get mine from Bumpy Buns - www.bumpybuns.com.au.

Tj63
Tj63

I used MCN with reusable micro fleece liners for my son for 15months (from birth to toilet training). I would buy a metre of micro fleece fabric from spotlight for approx $7 and cut it to desired size. They would last for ages and I always got heaps so it was affordable to.