My Muscle Chef Questions & Answers

23 questions from our users

Geo

Geoasked

I've tried 4 weeks worth of the meals but am worried about the macro accuracy of the meals as others have highlighted. One example. PLUS + | PROTEIN Pulled Beef says it is 94% Beef Blade. The entire serving of 330g claims to have 116.8g of protein or 35.4g of protein per 100g.
So the Beef Blade (being 94% and assuming the 5% gravy powder has next to no protein)) must have a protein content of 35.4/0.94 = 37.7g per 100g.
Any resource I look typically has an upper value of 30g per 100g or less.
So what's the go? How does My Muscle Chef get such high protein numbers for their beef?

Lesley

Lesleyasked

Do you use sulphites in your meals?

Hi Lesley,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Some of our ingredients used do contain sulphites so we recommend to carefully inspect the ingredients and allergens information prior to purchasing. Our team do not directly add sulphites at any stage of production and any sulphites present would come from the ingredients used.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at team@mymusclechef.com as we're always happy to help!

stufano666

stufano666asked

Why you can not give me a breakdown of cost on the invoice so I can claim on the ndis?

Katie

Katieasked

Hi just wanting to know if your macros are correct for all the meals or a rough estimate as when I scan into MyFitnessPal it has different macros to what is on your packaging?

Nathan
Nathan

Hi, haven't checked yet. But I would 100% go by the actual packaging of any product as being the correct macros as MyFitnessPal data may be old or slightly inaccurate . Frustrating but MFP is more of a guide id suggest

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your question!

We recommend referring to the packaging as this information is accurate to the contents of the meal. As a majority of entries on My Fitness Pal food database are community generated, unfortunately the entry may be out of date or incorrectly entered as these are not added officially by the My Muscle Chef team.

SKilzzs B.

SKilzzs B.asked

Is there any cross contamination with the foods that contain alcohol with the foods that are halal? Eg: same utensil or other cooking equipment used for all foods or is the alcohol based foods manufactured in a different section or with different cooking equipment.

My Muscle C.My Muscle Chef

Hi, thank you for your enquiry. We can confirm that separate equipment utensils are used and are washed and sanitised after every use.

Denise

Deniseasked

Are you a NDIS provider?

Rich

Richasked

Hi, what is the time frame of your meals from cooking/sealing to delivery?
Thanks, loving the meals.

Heather B.

Heather B.asked

Hi.
Could you please advise if you have a Keto plan as I'm interested in the low carb however the macros for protein/fat are heavily weighted to protein?
I'm tempted to try it however I would need to supplement at home by increasing my fat content.
Is this something that is part of the companies strategic direction moving forward?
Thanks for your time.

toni
toni

Yes are the meals Keto approved ?

Blake T.

Blake T.asked

How does it work?

Do you guys deliver 10 meals at once or separately?

Stuasked

I've heard that it is a bit lacking on greens, is this true?

My Muscle C.My Muscle Chef

Hi Stu, different meals offer different macros and flavors. If you are looking for a range high in vegetables, try our vegan pack: https://www.mymusclechef.com/fixed-sets/vegan-pack .

Stuasked

How much does it cost please?

J B.
J B.

It's a subscription service about $10 - $15 per meal

Thanks J B.

LRW

LRWasked

Can these meals be frozen for use at a later date?

Hi there,

Absolutely! You can definitely freeze the meals upon receiving to extend the shelf life for up to 8-12 weeks. With the vacuum sealing, it also helps limit any negative effects of freezing like frost burn as well.

Hope that helps, if you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch with our Support crew via email us team@mymusclechef.com or call 1300 364 993.

NODEAL

NODEALasked

is the product designed for weight loss

My Muscle C.My Muscle Chef

Hi there, thanks for your question. Our Calorie Control Meal Plan offers portion-controlled meal prep options that that can aid in weight loss as part of a healthy diet and regular exercise.

Sarah C

Sarah Casked

Do you heat food with what you packed vaccum
Seal? Or put food on the plate and heat them?? What's the best option???

Great question Sarah!

Our recommendation for best results is to heat your meals in the container they arrive in with the vacuum sealed film - just be sure to remove the paper sleeve first! Otherwise you can remove the film before heating, or take the meal out of the container altogether and heat it on a microwave safe plate.

We suggest heating meals for 1min to begin with, then heating for an additional 20-30s until it reaches the desired temperature.

Hope that helps, if you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch with our Support crew via email us team@mymusclechef.com or call 1300 364 993 thanks!

Leglamb

Leglambasked

Can you eat the meals cold?

My Muscle C.My Muscle Chef

Hi there, Our Mymusclechef meals are precooked meals. They can be eaten as cold or microwave for a better result.

LOCKY

LOCKYasked

Is the meat fresh or frozen?

Hi Locky,

Our meals are prepped fresh to order and frozen upon delivery :)

Bock

Bockasked

How much are they gonna be?

Alexei B.
Alexei B.

That depends completely on your meal plan, and if you are getting it delivered. All the prices can be found on the website, but If you’re getting the big boxes it come out to roughly $8-9 per meal.

Mutlu

Mutluasked

Hi can you please send me a list of the meals that dont contain alcohol and are halal certified?

Hi Mutlu,

Thanks for your query.

Please email team@mymusclechef.com and our support team will be able to assist.

Robyx

Robyxasked

Is the meat fried ?

Ben

Not usually, depends which menu item.

Neil C

Neil Casked

Can you deliver to a australia post parcel locker? I can only receive from there

Ben

No, they are not delivered by AusPost and come in a white esky box with ice packs.

Get an answer from our members and My Muscle Chef representatives