My Muscle Chef Questions & Answers

32 questions from our users

Iloveshoppingasked

Hi, when did you stop using free range chicken??? I only eat free range chicken, so wont be able to buy your product anymore.

Iloveshopping

Also why have you started using so much sodium?? Example old nutritional value of Lemon Garlic Chicken: 454mg per total meal vs New nutritional value of Lemon Garlic Chicken: 1250mg per total meal?? How is that healthy?

Daniel B.

Daniel B.asked

I have noticed recently that the calorie information has changed significantly recently. Can you please explain why? MMC is a core part of my diet and meal planning and if figures aren't accurate I don't know if I've earned my ice cream.

Beef Lasagne 300gm previously 293 cal, now 447!
Breakfast burrito bowl 400gm previously 438 cal now 600!

Amanda
Amanda

This is exactly what I was searching for. I use myfitnesspal to track calories and just realised that many of the meals were bumped up a crazy amount and as a result, I have been eating over my required amount. I have not ordered for next week. Very annoyed and put off.

kay

kayasked

me and my partner always buy my muscle chef and absolutely love !
but I am a little concerned I see that the calories for the same meals have changed can I know why?

Hana A.
Hana A.

Hi, I’ve noticed the same thing and from a comment I saw from another user it appears that the ingredients have changed. Not sure why though. I find this pretty disappointing as there is a significant change to the calories on some of the meals but no visible change to the portion size or extra ingredients?

Sunny C.
Sunny C.

Same! They’ve massively changed without any warning. Have emailed them and waiting for a reply!

Ved M
Ved M

I've had to update my review because of this, personally.
Gave them 5 stars, but reduced to 3 (considering lower), because they are still good at delivering their food, but their integrity as a "nutritional health food" company is at stake here...

Not just calorie changes but overall nutrition. some cheap ways to add taste to food is increasing carbs and fats (which aren't necessarily the best macro to increase), and this is almost exactly what happened to all affected meals when they update their existing and new menu.

They may have started as a health food service (though the validity of that claim now concerns me and I suspect has been a total fluke with my results because I make up for it with other foods I eat) but they are quickly just becoming a mass takeout option.

Musaab A.

Musaab A.asked

Hi
Is the meals Halal

Hi Musaab A!

Our meals are not halal certified however all the proteins we use are halal excluding Kangaroo.

As our meals are prepped in bulk in a commercial kitchen, we strongly suggest our Disclaimer be viewed prior to purchasing our products.

To view Nutritional Values and Ingredients, simply click on the link below;

Please kindly note that some of our meals also contain some form of alcohol such as wine in the cooking process. If you are unsure of our ingredients or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our friendly customer support team at team@mymusclechef.com or give us a call on 1300 364 993.

Maria Elizabeth C.

Maria Elizabeth C.asked

Hi is My Muscle Chef meals safe to eat during pregnancy?

Hi Maria,

My Muscle Chef meals can be included as part of a healthy diet and if you have any concerns whether this may suit your current diet, health goals and/or conditions such as pregnancy please seek advice from a medical professional or dietitian before consuming our meals.

Once you have been given the ok feel free to get in touch with our customer support team for any further questions or queries at team@mymusclechef.com or call us on 1300 364 993.

Thank you! :)

John C.

John C.asked

Are you a registered NDIS provider so I can claim for these meals?

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out with this question!

Please note, we are not NDIS approved so unfortunately we are unable to provide the split invoices as our pricing is only based off per unit.

We are currently in the works of becoming NDIS approved/registered however, with no exact date to confirm as of yet. Please subscribe to our newsletters for the latest updates!

Please see the link below to subscribe-;

In the meantime, should you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us on team@mymusclechef.com or on 1300 364 993.

Ms.E- melbourne

Ms.E- melbourneasked

Has anyone tried my muscle chef who doesn’t have a microwave? How do the meals fare if heated up via oven or a steamer ? Anyone have photos they could share or comments?

Hi There!

Thank you for your question, one of our customers is more than welcome to reach out and share their experience! However, Team MYMC discussed your question on the best alternative option to a microwave. We concluded that gradually heating in a non-stick fry pan was the easiest and most beneficial to keep the quality of the food and flavours. A few of us here have done this when needed! While we always recommend the use of a microwave, this method is definitely a great option!

Otherwise, Oven or a steamer should also do the trick.

Please remember to take the food out of the pre packaged container before heating with anything other than a Microwave!

See more information on this topic via our FAQs:

H K.

H K.asked

is pesto chicken, butter chicken and satay chicken halal?

Kylee W
Kylee W

Not sure sorry. Ask someone on their website email

Hi there,

To view Nutritional Values and Ingredients, simply click on the link below;

Please kindly note that some of our meals also contain some form of alcohol such as wine in the cooking process so please take your time and check the ingredients carefully before purchasing.

laura b.

laura b.asked

I have noticed when i calculate the macros and calories of what is in your meals vs what is stated on the label sometimes it seems wildly off. How often do you reassess your calorie / macro count to ensure accuracy and how often do you adjust errors or discrepancies?

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your question!

The team at MYMC work to ensure our meals consist of nutrient dense and high quality proteins. This process begin with our team of product developers and nutritionists creating recipes and tracking the Macronutrient values accordingly. We do so via a program called "Foodworks", This program uses information sourced from our suppliers to calculate the nutritional information and takes into account variables such as the way in which the food is prepared and any weight losses or gains. During the preparation and packaging process we have intricate weighing and scaling procedures that are done to ensure the meals match the reports/labelling from Foodworks.

We understand the importance of accurate nutritional information for our customers goals. If you ever feel as though our meals are under weight or do not have the usual consistencies, please do not hesitate to call us 1300 364993 or email team@mymusclechef.com

Geo

Geoasked

I've tried 4 weeks worth of the meals but am worried about the macro accuracy of the meals as others have highlighted. One example. PLUS + | PROTEIN Pulled Beef says it is 94% Beef Blade. The entire serving of 330g claims to have 116.8g of protein or 35.4g of protein per 100g.
So the Beef Blade (being 94% and assuming the 5% gravy powder has next to no protein)) must have a protein content of 35.4/0.94 = 37.7g per 100g.
Any resource I look typically has an upper value of 30g per 100g or less.
So what's the go? How does My Muscle Chef get such high protein numbers for their beef?

My Muscle C.My Muscle Chef

Hi Geo, thank you for your question!

Lesley

Lesleyasked

Do you use sulphites in your meals?

Hi Lesley,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Some of our ingredients used do contain sulphites so we recommend to carefully inspect the ingredients and allergens information prior to purchasing. Our team do not directly add sulphites at any stage of production and any sulphites present would come from the ingredients used.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at team@mymusclechef.com as we're always happy to help!

stufano666

stufano666asked

Why you can not give me a breakdown of cost on the invoice so I can claim on the ndis?

Katie

Katieasked

Hi just wanting to know if your macros are correct for all the meals or a rough estimate as when I scan into MyFitnessPal it has different macros to what is on your packaging?

Nathan
Nathan

Hi, haven't checked yet. But I would 100% go by the actual packaging of any product as being the correct macros as MyFitnessPal data may be old or slightly inaccurate . Frustrating but MFP is more of a guide id suggest

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your question!

We recommend referring to the packaging as this information is accurate to the contents of the meal. As a majority of entries on My Fitness Pal food database are community generated, unfortunately the entry may be out of date or incorrectly entered as these are not added officially by the My Muscle Chef team.

SKilzzs B.

SKilzzs B.asked

Is there any cross contamination with the foods that contain alcohol with the foods that are halal? Eg: same utensil or other cooking equipment used for all foods or is the alcohol based foods manufactured in a different section or with different cooking equipment.

My Muscle C.My Muscle Chef

Hi, thank you for your enquiry. We can confirm that separate equipment utensils are used and are washed and sanitised after every use.

Denise

Deniseasked

Are you a NDIS provider?

Rich

Richasked

Hi, what is the time frame of your meals from cooking/sealing to delivery?
Thanks, loving the meals.

Heather B.

Heather B.asked

Hi.
Could you please advise if you have a Keto plan as I'm interested in the low carb however the macros for protein/fat are heavily weighted to protein?
I'm tempted to try it however I would need to supplement at home by increasing my fat content.
Is this something that is part of the companies strategic direction moving forward?
Thanks for your time.

toni
toni

Yes are the meals Keto approved ?

Blake T.

Blake T.asked

How does it work?

Do you guys deliver 10 meals at once or separately?

Stuasked

I've heard that it is a bit lacking on greens, is this true?

My Muscle C.My Muscle Chef

Hi Stu, different meals offer different macros and flavors. If you are looking for a range high in vegetables, try our vegan pack: https://www.mymusclechef.com/fixed-sets/vegan-pack .

Stuasked

How much does it cost please?

J B.