Listing monitored by My Muscle Chef

Needs more green vegetables

These are filling meals, and the level of variety is ok. Vegetables included tend to be starchy, a warning that they are definitely low on green vegetables. I supplement mine with fresh green vegetables which makes them feel cleaner.

Start DateMay 2021
Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet

Michelle
Michelle

Convenient- yes but that’s about it

Quality Was lacking for me, some meals are great, but I wasn’t feeling it. Also found a thick hair throughout one meal, and one came not vacuumed . They are convenient but not at all worth the money in my personal opinion. I won’t be ordering again.

Review collected in partnership with My Muscle Chef

Convenient, quick and handy, but let down by freshness and portion size!

The meals are convenient and tasty with easy delivery arrangements. However I find the portion size lacking and find them more useful as a lunch time filler than a main meal
The presentation is lacking compared to the description advertised and I feel these are just mass produced ready meals in a factory.
I have compared these meals with others and I personally prefer GMD due to their freshness, overall size and presentation.

Meal Plans(s)Muscle Gain

Find out how My Muscle Chef compares to other Diet & Weight Loss Programs

Great for weight loss/management but PLEASE change the container

The recipes are tasty and satisfying and make daily eating much easier to manage. Great cost per meal especially if you buy in bulk. However the container has been changed recently and food/sauce all gets stuck in the ribbing which drives my partner and I insane!!

Weight LostYes, but have not reached my goal weight yet

Conflicted

Start DateJune 2021
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder and Weight Loss

Good but could improve

I like these meals however I feel there are not enough nutrient rich vegetables (broccoli or sweet potatoes/pumpkin) in the servings (they use white potatoes to bulk it up)
I would love more variety and also more keto friendly options!
Overall, their service is fantastic and delivery times have been spot on!

Start DateOctober 2020

Allergies Beware

Meals are good, and well prepared. As for allergies I've contacted them twice as they need to better label Sulphites. Food with red wine doesn't show that sulphites are present when they are, which is dangerous for those with allergies. That's my only pitfall.

Start DateJanuary 2020

misstcameron
misstcameronPerth, WA

Vegan range improving!

I used to get meals from MMC back when the seitan was the only proper high protein vegan option, and I stopped after several weeks because it got boring having one high protein option. The range is so much better now but the protein content could still be better.

Start DateMay 2019
Additional Physical Activities Sport and Weightlifting
Weight LostI have gained weight

DianSydney, NSW

Expiry date too short

The food is great - healthy and tasty, but minimum order is $90. The meals reach expiry date before you can use them. Meals need a longer expiry date. I’ve ordered twice and have thrown 3 meals out by time I get to eat them

Start DateMarch 2021
Additional Physical Activities Cardio, Sport and Weightlifting
Daniel F.My Muscle Chef
Dian

Thanks so much Daniel. This standard of customer service is rare these days. Thanks for rectifying my issue so quickly. I look forward to placing my next order. Happy customer :)

Oribasan
Oribasan Sydney, NSW

Average and not that healthy

These meals aren't bad, but they're not great either. I can only seem to eat 5 of these meals without them all starting to taste similar, and I start to wonder how healthy they are, but that's the same for any meal delivery service. They’re all very sweet compared to something like Macros, which makes me wonder what they're using to sweeten them and why. I have s suspicion these aren't that great for you. The moral of the story, stop being lazy and cook your own, healthy bulk meals. You'll save a tonne of money, feel better about yourself, they'll taste better, you'll be building a great skill and your discipline.

Start DateJanuary 2021
Meal Plans(s)Muscle Gain

Maddo
Maddo Sydney, NSW

Overall good, some issues

My Muscle Chef overall is a good product. Meals are generally good quality and filling, but some are a bit hit and miss. Many of the chicken based products can be very dry, and at times the sauces are a bit stingy. When bulk ordering, many of the mesls come with one week shelf life, which isn’t great when others come with 2. I’ve done two large orders, both times some of the packaging was damaged, which also isn’t ideal when reheating.

I do like the fact you can select meals based on macros and other goals, and website is easy to use.

Start DateMay 2021
Additional Physical Activities Sport

Convenient and mostly tasty

The food overall is very good. But the vegetables in all meals are way under cooked they all are hard and crunchy.
Some of meals are lacking in meat but only a few of them.

Start DateMay 2020
Additional Physical Activities Sport

Review collected in partnership with My Muscle Chef

customer service terrible. Food excellent. Volume of Plastic and cardboard waste a concern.

Be ready for lengthy waits and an inability to truly discuss any issues you have as you will get scripted answers with no room for further discussion. The food is of excellent quality and very tasty. The option of ketogenic meals is good if not limited in choice and should have more fat than protein but good none the less. There is a large amount of waste between a new cardboard box with seperate insulation each order and each meals plastic container contributes to your carbon footprint.

It’s ok

The food doesn’t always fill you up and Orders are always missing an item. You then need to query you order to get a refund. Doesn’t seem to be much of a saving compared to purchasing meals from a servo.

Fadi Walainy
Fadi WalainySydney, NSW

Wasn't for me

I am on a fitness journey and tried a few meals for when I'm running late at work and on the go. My issue is that the meals are too saucy, however in terms of portion control they're exactly what you're looking for and the nutrition on them is decent. The overly saucy situation with a lot of packaged health meals is a real issue but even though it's not for me it might be suitable for many others. THe customer service and range is great so don't let that deter you.

Start DateMarch 2021

Louise W.
Louise W.asked

Where in wa do you delivery to

Jen Jen
Jen Jen

I'm in cockburn area .

Susie H
Susie Hasked

I cannot find on the packaging if the chicken is free range or organic. If not then I won’t feel comfortable buying it or is it not stated as you don’t?

Taylorasked

I am thinking about trying muscle chef for weight loss. I am also on medication for an underactive thyroid which I have had for many years however, at the moment they are having a hard time stabilizing it and I have gained over 15K in the last 12 months which I would dearly love to lose. would this program assist me and what is the average weight loss per week on same.

Old bugger
Old bugger

My Muscle Chef dinners provide an easy way to eat good food at the regular eating times
The very basic rule for healthy eating
I generally have 10 dinners a week and eat at family 4 nights a week
I have cut out all snacking
Just
Cornflakes morning
MMC dinner at lunch
MMC dinners or family cooked at night
I initially lost 5 kgs a week
Was 100 kgs
Now a steady 85kgs
I have medical conditions like insulin dependant diabetes and my thyroid has settled down now with out medication
MMC is the best decision I have made to my life style
Hope this helps
Good luck
Old Bugger

Daniel F.My Muscle Chef

Hi Taylor,

Thank you for reaching out.

We have a wide variety of meals & meal plans on offer which cater towards all different health goals.

If you have a specific weight loss target you would like to reach, I would recommend speaking to a health professional or your GP to assist with creating a meal plan that is right for your personal needs'. They can give you guidance on calorie & macro intake which you can then use to select meals which are right for you.

As Old Bugger mentioned above, our meals can be a great addition to supporting your weight loss journey, but as every person has their own circumstances & goals, it is best to seek out some advice first!

Thanks, we hope to be supporting you on your journey soon!

Taylor

thank you for your advice. I have appointments with medical doctors coming up and I will take your advice and speak with them about it.

Get an answer from our members and My Muscle Chef representatives