My Muscle Chef

• Timely DeliveryYes (7) · No (11)

Mitch

MitchSydney, NSW

Delivery Service is terrible, not convient at all.

Delivery service is terrible. My Muscle Chef lets you select a delivery windows e.g. (Midnight to 7am) and then fail to deliver in that time frame. They can not be rely upon as a food service. While their product is good, the customer service assured the same mistake would not happen again and they were unreliable and late again the very next week. Obviously there is no regard to improving performance. You can only give a company so many chances before you lose faith in their ability to deliver.

Timely DeliveryNo

A Mody

A ModySydney, NSW

Not worth the money

Pros :

No hassle of cooking

Cons:

For the price the portion sizes are extremely small. If the portion sizes need to be this tiny then ~$10 per serving is not an appropriate price.
For the same price you can make atleast 2-3 portions from other competitors like hello fresh.

The taste is also not that great, generic and bland.

Daniel F.My Muscle Chef

APPALING CUSTOMER SERVICE--wrong order wrong product send and no responses to my emails

Emma
Emma

Review collected in partnership with My Muscle Chef

Where is the food

where is the food, the portions are so small, its like they forgot half the contents, looks nothing like the portions on line when I ordered them, i will not be going back very misleading

Shu Yuan G.

Shu Yuan G.Sydney, NSW

Screwing up the delivery and decided not to deliver for the next few days

Muscle Chef sent me the text that they are delivering between 11am - 1pm. At 1.05pm, there wasn't any news. I messaged their online support team and got to know that they can't locate me based on my address. Bear in mind this is the second time they are delivering the meals. They then told me that they will try again before 6pm. I decided to trust them and didn't have any backup plans. 4.59PM they let me know that they were not delivering until 2 days after. Right when I asked for a refund, their support ended their conversation because it was time to clock off.

Julia S.

Julia S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

For those who doesn’t know how to eat

Bought 2 boxes of these to try out.
Upon eating these after heating for 2 mins 30 seconds as 1 min 30 seconds was still cold, the food was legit disgusting

Jess

JessGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a disappointment

Ordered with these guys via my gym - still no food 4 weeks later. Don’t assume you’re guaranteed a delivery from these guys they won’t take any ownership and I’m pretty sick of waiting for a credible response.

Daniel F.My Muscle Chef

Not happy with overall service

My order was delivered at 1am on a Saturday, I woke at 8am by the time I got the box the fish meals were room temp so had to throw them out, took a chance on eating the veggie ones which were also room temp, felt unwell threw them out. Contacted customer service who told me that because it was delivered within the time frame nothing they can do. Poor service, poor customer service

Review collected in partnership with My Muscle Chef

Don’t trust their protein grams per meal!

Huge misrepresentation of actual protein in each meal.

I weighed three meals and each of them had at least 20-30% less protein than advertised. For a company that calls themselves “My Muscle Chef” that’s an actual joke.

If you just want to enjoy some premade meals go for it... however I wouldn’t trust the advertised macros on each meal.

There’s a few others that have commented the same, and there’s been no response from the My Muscle Chef team LOL.

Additional Physical ActivitiesWeightlifting
Meal Plans(s)Performance
Aneka R.My Muscle Chef

Kat R.

Kat R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ewwwww

I put a f45 Challenge “sliced beef salad” in the microwave and no kidding it literally came out looking like a big poo. It was the most unappetizing meal I have ever eaten.

Aneka R.My Muscle Chef

Misleading information

Despite being quite nice tasting, the nutritional information/macros of the meal I received was HUGELY incorrect and misleading. The packaging states 53g protein and on the back says the meal has 41% chicken breast. However when weighing out the chicken in the meal I found there was only 23% chicken (106g in 450g meal).

I don’t know how you get 53g of protein from only just over 100g chicken. Wrong wrong wrong!

Start DateJanuary 2021
Additional Physical ActivitiesCardio and Weightlifting

Niamh M.Sydney, NSW

Only half my order showed up - would never order here again

I ordered 14 meals on the 3rd week of an F45 challenge because I had a particularly busy week. Half the meals showed up on Sunday, when I called about it they let me know it was an error & they couldn’t send me the rest of my order. They offered to refund half of the cost of the order but that’s honestly not the point. I was paying for the convenience - this situation has left me with no time to prep and half my meals missing. I wish I’d never bothered in the first place and would not place an order here again.

Niamh M.

I had a call with Daniel from your customer support team. Thank you for taking my feedback seriously and attempting to rectify the situation. Appreciated

Luis Pablo S.

Luis Pablo S.

Full of sugar!

They taste super sweet! I'm guessing they add heaps of sugar to cover up the low quality of the ingredients being used. There's a reason why they highlight "protein" "carbs" and "fat" but not the sugar content!

Some meals contain 20g of sugar, which is already 2/3 of the recommended daily intake! Completely unnecessary.

My Muscle C.My Muscle Chef

Cheaping out on ingredients, doubling their calories across the board

Liz D.
Liz D.
Luke

LukePerth, WA

Macros are way of

While these meals are great tasting the macros are way off. I separated the ingredients out of the chicken noodle stir fry to calculate the protein content, the label stated it had 68g of protein, I weighed 54g of chicken from the whole meal and with the noodles and veggies it came to around 30g of protein max, big difference!

I emailed MyMuscleChef and wasn’t given any answers as to why they are labelled so inaccurately. I also asked for a refund which they didn’t agree too.
No matter what your goals are you need to know what macros your putting into your body, do not trust these meals as they will screw up your progress.

Mike

MikeNew South Wales

Raw chicken

I have been enjoying my muscle chef meals until last night when I heated up my garlic and herb chicken, took it out and stirred around and found the chicken was pink, not even cooked, left a message on Facebook and it got deleted, clearly they don't like negative feedback. This is a serious issue and that's how you treat customers.

Declines as you go on

the first meal was easy and convenient but from then on every week their were mistakes such as overcharges, declining meal quality, items missing, incorrect items, late deliveries, lazy delivery people. cancelled membership after they got rid of all their keto friendly and good tasting meals

Erica

EricaMelbourne

Food not good and hard to cancel

Start DateAugust 2020
Meal Plans(s)Weight Loss

Megan J.

Megan J.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not impressed

I was trying you foodz decided to try something different so I decided on muscle chef and what a waste of money.... All meat was dry and chewy not fresh at all.... Food seems to mush in altogether not appetising at all and nothing like there pictures

Steve D.

Steve D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No order completed, but credit card charged

I have had bought these products from my local supermarket and I though I’d place an order online. After which, I had my credit card charged $100+, but then website reset and with no evidence of my order shown in my account history or confirmation of this order. Tech failure, resolved by helpful contact person. Order was received.

My Muscle C.My Muscle Chef

Hi Steve, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our friendly Customer Support team are always here to help and we are pleased to hear your issue was resolved in a timely manner by our team.

Taylorasked

I am thinking about trying muscle chef for weight loss. I am also on medication for an underactive thyroid which I have had for many years however, at the moment they are having a hard time stabilizing it and I have gained over 15K in the last 12 months which I would dearly love to lose. would this program assist me and what is the average weight loss per week on same.

Old bugger
Old bugger

My Muscle Chef dinners provide an easy way to eat good food at the regular eating times
The very basic rule for healthy eating
I generally have 10 dinners a week and eat at family 4 nights a week
I have cut out all snacking
Just
Cornflakes morning
MMC dinner at lunch
MMC dinners or family cooked at night
I initially lost 5 kgs a week
Was 100 kgs
Now a steady 85kgs
I have medical conditions like insulin dependant diabetes and my thyroid has settled down now with out medication
MMC is the best decision I have made to my life style
Hope this helps
Good luck
Old Bugger

Hi Taylor,

Thank you for reaching out.

We have a wide variety of meals & meal plans on offer which cater towards all different health goals.

If you have a specific weight loss target you would like to reach, I would recommend speaking to a health professional or your GP to assist with creating a meal plan that is right for your personal needs'. They can give you guidance on calorie & macro intake which you can then use to select meals which are right for you.

As Old Bugger mentioned above, our meals can be a great addition to supporting your weight loss journey, but as every person has their own circumstances & goals, it is best to seek out some advice first!

Thanks, we hope to be supporting you on your journey soon!

Taylor

thank you for your advice. I have appointments with medical doctors coming up and I will take your advice and speak with them about it.

Mrs W

Mrs Wasked

when are you going to deliver to Parkerville in WA. You deliver to the two suburbs on either side, both only a couple of streets away and in the same postcode

Hi Mrs W,

Thank you for reaching out & bringing this to our attention.

We definitely do deliver to Parkerville, WA. It appears that the suburb was closed off on our website, but this has been rectified so you should be able to now set up a delivery to this suburb.

My apologies for this!

Please reach out if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks,

Dan.

LeBass J.asked

I noticed on some of the meals that the plastic film tends to not stay vacsealed after a few days even though they are still in date. It’s like it goes bubbly

Daniel K.
Daniel K.

Not from my experience. All of mine have stayed tightly vacced. You're keeping them in the fridge?

LeBass J.

Yeah in the fridge for sure. Hmm I’m not sure then

Hi LeBass,

Thanks for your question.

All of our meals are vacuum sealed which keeps them fresh & extends the shelf life to 7-10 days from the date of delivery. You may find on occasion a meal that did not get sealed properly, however these are infrequent & you definitely shouldn't be finding these often.

We would love to investigate this further, could you kindly email our support team at team@mymusclechef.com with your order details & any photo's you may have of the affected meals so we can look into this in a bit more detail.

Thanks again,