My Muscle Chef

• Timely DeliveryYes (25) · No (3)

Sugandi

SugandiSydney, NSW

Bad taste and mushy looking food

The food doesn’t taste nice and I found the food to look very unappealing. Considering it’s about $10 a meal I was disappointed and not interested in continuing the plan. Wouldn’t recommend.

Tasty but chew slowly!

The flavour is there but the chicken meals have small bits of bone through them. Also a little skeptical on the protein macros in some of the serves. Also high fat contents would be good if some were more macro friendly.

Awkward Ordering process

There is a considerable lag between having to finalize your order and them dispatching the food order, which make it difficult to refine your order; having to finalize an order before receiving and tasting the food from the precious week is tiresome and inefficient.

Why MSG! (621)

We thought this would be a quick, clean healthy option so we were very disappointed that most of your meals contain MSG (621) So unhealthy and left us feeling flat

Mary

MarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Pretty Disappointed

Issues with Delivery

So i have ordered twice and yes the food is fantastic, and lots of variety to choose from.... However I always specify for them to deliver TO MY DOOR on the 3rd floor, since I cannot carry the box up 3 flights of stairs due to my bad back (that is the whole point of home delivery) Instead they always just leave the Box in front of my building. Have written to management however response is that 'It is at the drivers discression'.
Well sorry, If I'm paying up to $120 per week i do expect them to deliver to the door, that is the whole point in this case. Surely the driver can get the message ?????

Room for improvement

Review collected in partnership with My Muscle Chef

Just does not taste good...

Some meals are okay but others - I struggle to finish. Some meals contain too much vinegar or spice. The food does not smell good. Anyways I expected more than borderline unedible food.

Review collected in partnership with My Muscle Chef

Unhealthy meals with loads of plastic

Sorry to say, but these meals are not healthy at all except few which are countable on fingertips. I had a subscription for 3 weeks and I got really disappointed after having heaps of oily meals. Moreover, It burns the plastic while microwave heating and leaves the burning smell.

Not for me

First order was ok, second order was almost inedible. Food lasts forever but gets old quickly, not sure if there is a preservative in it or if it’s the vacuum seal. They all start tasting the same very quickly.

You have to pick your meals ages in advance or they will send the same meals twice. They also bombard you with spam emails every day so you never know what emails are spam or about your orders. Customer service was good the first call and horrific the second call.

Not price worthy

It’s too expensive for the choice given and amount given. The choices keep repeating and there’s no great dish option for veg. Breakfast should be something else rather than just the hot meals

Stepehn

StepehnSydney, NSW

Food tastes awful

I ordered keto friendly packages. The package includes 14 meals per week. I have to say that the food tastes the worst among the meals I ordered in recent years. Unfortunately this package is fixed. You cannot pick the meals you like from their list. So I terminated the orders in Week 3. Very disappointed.

Furkan Isik

Furkan IsikSydney, NSW

Second order food gone bad before use by

I have ordered twice and at my second order 3 of the meals are gone bad before 4 days ago of use by date. I have called them and they offered me funny $40 coupon without apologising properly. Cost of my 3 meals is $33 already. So they are basically fixing their food safety standart with $7. What a shame, I gave that coupon to my friend and jumped on different brands.

Prueann Browning

Prueann BrowningSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hasn’t lived up to expectations yet

Ordered meals knowing they were ok to be delivered and left for 5-8 hours. Got home 7.5 hours after delivery and the meals weren’t hold but they certainly were only just cool. Response from muscle chef was that the two ice packs are for 5-8 hours. Surely in summer they would use more packs. I didn’t eat any in case the temperature was not ok. Ordered again and the delivery date changed when I changed the address. I was advised that If the delivery day was changing that I would be informed and I wasn’t. I chased up why I hadn’t received a text message and they said that it was now due tomorrow... still no text today to confirm tomorrow’s delivery so we will see what happens.

My Muscle C.My Muscle Chef

have to wait 1 week for food to be delivered!! is more expensive than Youfoodz.

Couldnt believe that it was a 1 week wait to get my food. Is more expensive than Youfoodz and they make you sign up to a weekly order to get free delivery. If Youfoodz can give free delivery why cant Muscle Chef?

Find out how My Muscle Chef compares to other Diet & Weight Loss Programs

Vegetarian meal can be better

I am vego i ordered vegan meals it's worst tasting meals you have. Chickpeas flafel is best tasting meal. I wish muscle chef can bring lentils and cheese cottage meals. If other vegetarian meals but the vegan meals

Mimi

MimiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Was good at first & now it’s horrible!

I started using MYMC at the start of 2020 and 9/10 of the meals were great, tasty & convenient.

I recently ordered again and only 2/10 of my meals were okay. I ended up binning 8 meals because they had a tangy vinegar taste & tasted a bit off despite what the expiration says. It was unbearable to consume. They also were not sealed properly either.
I thought maybe it was a bad batch & I would give it one more try.
I was wrong! I wish I didn’t waste my money! My order arrived this morning & 2 meals have already been binned today! Same horrible taste!

What has happened MYMC?! You guys used to be so good!

Irene

IreneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ridiculous

Why would a company, that positions itself as 'healthy foods' manufacturer, use MSG? You are not making flavoured chips or instant noodles, you actually use fresh vegetables and meat, but add MSG anyway. Super misleading.

Start DateAugust 2020

Amanda

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loved it until the macro and calorie changes

I initially began ordering MMC a couple of months ago and was happy with the calorie counts and nutrition but in my last order, I happened to re-scan my lasagne into myfitnesspal to see it came up as over 150 calories more. Following this, I went to check all the meals I ordered and found many of them have been bumped up in calories and now lacking in nutrition.
Very sad to see that this once awesome service to help those with time contraints (4 month old, full time work and study) become a fast food delivery service. I have stopped ordering but may consider returning if MMC go back to the way they were previous to these changes.

David J.

David J.Perth, WA

Falling quality of meat

I've been getting MMC delivered for about 8 months now. It was good for the first while and the service remains convenient but now the ingredient quality is clearly starting to fall. The chicken meals in particular have become disgusting. I believe they must have changed the chicken supplier or something because it was a noticeable drop, I have tried to take all the chicken meals off my order as sometimes they literally smell bad. Several times in recent weeks I have thrown out my meal before eating it after tasting the chicken. Disgusting. I hope it improves again because on the whole this service is good but ill probably cancle soon.

Taylorasked

I am thinking about trying muscle chef for weight loss. I am also on medication for an underactive thyroid which I have had for many years however, at the moment they are having a hard time stabilizing it and I have gained over 15K in the last 12 months which I would dearly love to lose. would this program assist me and what is the average weight loss per week on same.

Old bugger
Old bugger

My Muscle Chef dinners provide an easy way to eat good food at the regular eating times
The very basic rule for healthy eating
I generally have 10 dinners a week and eat at family 4 nights a week
I have cut out all snacking
Just
Cornflakes morning
MMC dinner at lunch
MMC dinners or family cooked at night
I initially lost 5 kgs a week
Was 100 kgs
Now a steady 85kgs
I have medical conditions like insulin dependant diabetes and my thyroid has settled down now with out medication
MMC is the best decision I have made to my life style
Hope this helps
Good luck
Old Bugger

Hi Taylor,

Thank you for reaching out.

We have a wide variety of meals & meal plans on offer which cater towards all different health goals.

If you have a specific weight loss target you would like to reach, I would recommend speaking to a health professional or your GP to assist with creating a meal plan that is right for your personal needs'. They can give you guidance on calorie & macro intake which you can then use to select meals which are right for you.

As Old Bugger mentioned above, our meals can be a great addition to supporting your weight loss journey, but as every person has their own circumstances & goals, it is best to seek out some advice first!

Thanks, we hope to be supporting you on your journey soon!

Taylor

thank you for your advice. I have appointments with medical doctors coming up and I will take your advice and speak with them about it.

Mrs W

Mrs Wasked

when are you going to deliver to Parkerville in WA. You deliver to the two suburbs on either side, both only a couple of streets away and in the same postcode

Hi Mrs W,

Thank you for reaching out & bringing this to our attention.

We definitely do deliver to Parkerville, WA. It appears that the suburb was closed off on our website, but this has been rectified so you should be able to now set up a delivery to this suburb.

My apologies for this!

Please reach out if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks,

Dan.

LeBass J.asked

I noticed on some of the meals that the plastic film tends to not stay vacsealed after a few days even though they are still in date. It’s like it goes bubbly

Daniel K.
Daniel K.

Not from my experience. All of mine have stayed tightly vacced. You're keeping them in the fridge?

LeBass J.

Yeah in the fridge for sure. Hmm I’m not sure then

Hi LeBass,

Thanks for your question.

All of our meals are vacuum sealed which keeps them fresh & extends the shelf life to 7-10 days from the date of delivery. You may find on occasion a meal that did not get sealed properly, however these are infrequent & you definitely shouldn't be finding these often.

We would love to investigate this further, could you kindly email our support team at team@mymusclechef.com with your order details & any photo's you may have of the affected meals so we can look into this in a bit more detail.

Thanks again,