My Muscle Chef

• Timely DeliveryYes (39) · No (1)
Dean

DeanSydney, NSW

MyMuscleChef Review

The food and quality is great, delivery is very prompt and great flexibility to alter and pause order is awesome.
The only challenge is with delivery drivers just dropping the product out the front with a text a few minutes after, it would be a 5 star if they could just ring the door bell when they drop the product to also let you know the food is sitting outside.

Maison N.

Maison N.Sydney, NSW

Broken vacuum seal

Food is tasty however the vacuum seal of one of my meals was broken for 2 consecutive orders
They compensated $15 & $20 though
One the whole can recommend trying them

Lack of vegan options

I really liked the vegan bundle, but after receiving 2 orders, I became bored with the lack of choice. If you switched up the vegan meals every month, or maybe offered a choice of 3 vegan bundles, I would be more inclined to continue to order them. I prefer the meals I received from you, over Soulara and Chefgood. I just want more meal options.

Find out how My Muscle Chef compares to other Diet & Weight Loss Programs

Good food but check out the ingredients

Definitely filling and lasts well in fridge and freezer but the sodium content is way too high across all meals. One meal tasted fully like salt and nothing more. A bit disappointing from the sodium side as flavoursome ingredients do not need salt. The overall the service, delivery and cost is ok though.

Angelina

Angelina Canberra 2600, ACT

Good but....

While some meals are great, others aren’t. Extremely disappointed that there isn’t many keto choices so it’s the same meals every week. Meals are filling but the choice is limited. If you don’t like any type of spice these meals won’t be for you as there is some type of heat in all keto meals. I hope they will have more options and I will definitely come back.

Jamie

JamieSouthern and Hills, SA

Email review

I liked some of the meals but found the inability to change the options to inflexible so instead of ordering and throwing out some meals I’ve cancelled my subscription. I’d rather be able to just click and select meals one by one. I also don’t want the shakes,
Would rather just order the meals I like

Youfoodz Reviewer

Youfoodz Reviewer

Sometimes a hit, sometimes a miss

Daniel F.My Muscle Chef

Convenient but not good dietary requirements

Being able to have food delivered to the door was great and there was a good variety. Food was ok. However I found it hard to work out what meals that fit with my dietary requirements; lactose free, minimal onion and garlic. Two days in I had a very up set stomach. I then tried to cancel my next weeks delivery but it had already been processed before my first box got delivered.

GaryW

GaryWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Foods good but more expensive

As a cyclist if you pick the right meals it can certainly help you with weight loss while providing enough energy .
But it's pretty expensive to some competitors So I'll try it again if there is a 'special' that is on

Ok, but not great.

So, having been on and off with Muscle Chef, over the last 36mths they've changed their ingredients several times. Some are now worse tasting e.g. Chicken Green Curry while others have remained okay/average. As a frozen meal solution, it's one of the better ones on the market. However, at price of some of the higher protein ones is about the same as buying a fresh meal. Additionally, for those with dietary requirements such as gluten/lactose-free, the options are rather limited.

All said and done, if you're after a quick microwave solution when time is lacking, these are a passable solution. However, if real nutrition and taste are also necessary factors, then it may be worth trekking to your local shops for a fresher, tastier meal.

ASC

ASCSouth East Queensland, QLD

I find the meatballs very bland

Just disappointed with how bland the meatballs are. All they needed was more tomatoes and I could have made it more nutritious but tastier. However, will give the others a try based on the positive reviews.

Overall good option

The food is filling and portions are just fine.
Plenty of meals to select from.
One issue I had was fairly strong smell of plastic when it comes out of microwave. Could be fixed with different packaging.

James H.

James H.Sydney, NSW

It's great at the start... definitely not a long term solution.

I love the meals for the first week and a half. The taste of the food is not very consistent from week to week. By the third week most of my food and a very acidic after taste... kinda ewww. I would only recommend you buy a few meals... freeze them then use them as a last resort.

Sharna P

Sharna PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service, average food.

The pastas do, although the lasagne comes with nothing else which we find ridiculous. The rest of the meals are way to small for the price you pay, better alternatives in the marketplace. I think you need more breakfast, lunch and snack options. Lite and easy far better value and choice. Your rice meals are too stodgy, and my husband said his poached fish was watery. The packaging is great, especially the ice packs, as being reused for my broken ankle. The meals are well packaged, and have a goid life span, Meal replacement drinks are nice, except for the vanilla 1. We order on Line

Fernando

FernandoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It's a good alternative to Youfoodz and ChefGood.

It's a much better alternative to Youfoodz and Chef Good. The food tastes much better and there's variety when you order for the first time.

- Food: 4/5 stars
- Range: 1/5 stars (it's the same range of meals every week)
- Shipping: 1/5 stars (You pay $15 for shipping/delivery)
- Order Qty: 1/5 stars (You have to order around 11 meals to make up the $99 minimum order and you have to order by mid night on a Saturday to get your meals during the week.

Find out how My Muscle Chef compares to other Diet & Weight Loss Programs

The food is very hit and miss, and with the vegan meal option the menu is set. Therefore you’re unable to swap bad meals

The food is very hit and miss, and with the vegan meal option the menu is set. Therefore, you’re unable to swap poor quality meals for preferred ones. And typically the poor quality ones are the meals they send multiples of. Of the 14 I’d usually only eat about 9.

Review collected in partnership with My Muscle Chef

Meal prep for the modern lifestyle

The meals are tasty and mostly fresh (I received a couple that tasted off). It’s super simple to heat them up and store them. The website has a nice simple UI. They need to improve a little bit the account management as there are a couple of functions that I can t control from the site (eg: changing the delivery day after the initial setup. You have to email them directly.). I had several issues with the delivery partners, such as not receiving calls/messages to inform they left my order on the front door (I live in an apartment block). I am satisfied overall, i think there is room for improvement in the customer experience and logistics area.

Review collected in partnership with My Muscle Chef

Food is tasty but portion sizes are tiny

I love that there is a vegan meal option but even as a petite woman weighing only 48kg I feel like I need 3 servings to fill up. I can't imagine how hungry bigger, more energetic people must feel after having only one of these meals. Overpriced for portion size that's for sure.

Aneka R.My Muscle Chef

Not great unfortunately

I found the meals of good size and variety but my first box the veg sides had a tangy almost fermented taste and I couldn’t eat some of them. I did try a second box and they were better but some still had the same issue. My partner found this the case also.

Aneka R.My Muscle Chef

Review collected in partnership with My Muscle Chef

After service is baaad....

The food was good, thus the 3 stars. I had ordered one week because I wanted to try before I committed. It came with protein drinks which my stomach can’t handle, I’d rather have an extra meal or two instead. I cancelled the order as soon as they sent me a delivery email for Sat- 3 full days before delivery. They said it was “impossible” to stop delivery. Several emails back and forth and I’m over it. Try Hello fresh, the food is better too.

My Muscle C.My Muscle Chef

Taylorasked

I am thinking about trying muscle chef for weight loss. I am also on medication for an underactive thyroid which I have had for many years however, at the moment they are having a hard time stabilizing it and I have gained over 15K in the last 12 months which I would dearly love to lose. would this program assist me and what is the average weight loss per week on same.

Old bugger
Old bugger

My Muscle Chef dinners provide an easy way to eat good food at the regular eating times
The very basic rule for healthy eating
I generally have 10 dinners a week and eat at family 4 nights a week
I have cut out all snacking
Just
Cornflakes morning
MMC dinner at lunch
MMC dinners or family cooked at night
I initially lost 5 kgs a week
Was 100 kgs
Now a steady 85kgs
I have medical conditions like insulin dependant diabetes and my thyroid has settled down now with out medication
MMC is the best decision I have made to my life style
Hope this helps
Good luck
Old Bugger

Hi Taylor,

Thank you for reaching out.

We have a wide variety of meals & meal plans on offer which cater towards all different health goals.

If you have a specific weight loss target you would like to reach, I would recommend speaking to a health professional or your GP to assist with creating a meal plan that is right for your personal needs'. They can give you guidance on calorie & macro intake which you can then use to select meals which are right for you.

As Old Bugger mentioned above, our meals can be a great addition to supporting your weight loss journey, but as every person has their own circumstances & goals, it is best to seek out some advice first!

Thanks, we hope to be supporting you on your journey soon!

Taylor

thank you for your advice. I have appointments with medical doctors coming up and I will take your advice and speak with them about it.

Mrs W

Mrs Wasked

when are you going to deliver to Parkerville in WA. You deliver to the two suburbs on either side, both only a couple of streets away and in the same postcode

Hi Mrs W,

Thank you for reaching out & bringing this to our attention.

We definitely do deliver to Parkerville, WA. It appears that the suburb was closed off on our website, but this has been rectified so you should be able to now set up a delivery to this suburb.

My apologies for this!

Please reach out if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks,

Dan.

LeBass J.asked

I noticed on some of the meals that the plastic film tends to not stay vacsealed after a few days even though they are still in date. It’s like it goes bubbly

Daniel K.
Daniel K.

Not from my experience. All of mine have stayed tightly vacced. You're keeping them in the fridge?

LeBass J.

Yeah in the fridge for sure. Hmm I’m not sure then

Hi LeBass,

Thanks for your question.

All of our meals are vacuum sealed which keeps them fresh & extends the shelf life to 7-10 days from the date of delivery. You may find on occasion a meal that did not get sealed properly, however these are infrequent & you definitely shouldn't be finding these often.

We would love to investigate this further, could you kindly email our support team at team@mymusclechef.com with your order details & any photo's you may have of the affected meals so we can look into this in a bit more detail.

Thanks again,