My Muscle Chef

Incredible flavour

I genuinely don't know how they get these meals to taste so good and to think all you do is microwave for a couple of minutes, pure genius, the best thing to come out of 5.4 going under. Highly recommended!

Taste
Start DateApril 2019
Additional Physical Activities None

Great Taste

Honestly wonderful food - Chipotle Chicken and Lentil Cottage Stew are game changers! Love everything about this service. And you get to lose weight and have amazing choice and healthy options.

Taste
Start DateDecember 2018
Meal Plans(s)Daily Planner, Menu Builder, Muscle Gain and Weight Loss
Thank you for your thoughts, Amanda! We've had such good feedback about the Lentil Cottage Stew - it's definitely a crowd favourite.

Unbelievable!

I am new to My Muscle Chef and just grabbed the minimum order of 10 meals for my wife and me to try out. I went with high protein / low-fat meals.

THE FOOD

Last night, I had the "Braised beef w. roast vegetables".

It was fresh, fragrant and tasted like a home-cooked meal. Food had good texture and mouthfeel. Decent serving size for a big hungry guy like me, even though I could probably eat more.

I am pleased that My Muscle Chef is focusing on creating low sodium products.

CONVENIENCE

When I get home late from a full day's work at the office and a gym session I am pretty beat and don't feel like the whole prepping / cooking / cleaning circus.

It's a great alternative to the more expensive and unhealthy takeaway options like Uber Eats and Deliveroo where you have no idea what nasties they put in the food, especially I am concerned with hydrogenated cooking oils and excessive amounts of salt

ECONOMY

At just $10.40 per meal for a large portion size of 400-500 grams, this is a great way of getting portion controlled and healthy food in a jiffy for an affordable buck.

With the steep prices that Coles and Woolies charge for day-to-day food items, I could probably not make it any cheaper my self. Plus I save the trip to the shops.

CONCLUSION

This is a great product for a great price!

PROS
* Great tasting and honest food. Feels like its home cooked.
* No need to hit the shops
* No prepping, cooking or cleaning required
* Delivered in an icebox to your work or home and can last 5-8 hours outside of a fridge
* At $10.40 for 400-500 grams of food this is a no brainer (I live in Sydney where everything is expensive)
* Website has a great meal planner tool
* Options to rule out dairy, gluten and nuts
* Vegetarian options
* Around 50 mains available
* They got healthy snacks too! Oh yeah baby!
* For weightloss, you get portion-controlled meals
* All meals have proper nutritional breakdowns (for the calorie counters)
* Delivery guy called me to notify that he had dropped off the box at the reception of my work

CONS
* I might get tired of eating the same variations, but then again I am not sure how often new meals are introduced
* Even though I went with the larger size options I feel I could eat more (but hey, I'm a dog and don't stop until the plate is empty)

Taste
Start DateMay 2019
Timely DeliveryYes
Good afternoon Christian, We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the overall taste, quality and convenience of My Muscle Chef meals! Our teams work hard to ensure not only product excellence, but customer satisfaction and we value feedback like yours that outlines each aspect of the experience in detail. Although you can choose from 50 items now, we're definitely listening to our customers and have plans to add even more delicious meal options to the menu - and we can't wait for you to try them, too!You guys are on a winning streak. Can't wait to see what you cook up next, but here are a few ideas: * Meals with duck (breast or leg) * Meals with turkey (breast or leg) Other popular dishes that would fit your format and packaging requirements: * Pad Thai w. chicken * Chili con carne w. mash or potatoes Also you could consider adding a few spicy dishes and flag them with a little chili icon. Another tip: On your website under /menu, add a filter for free text search. So if I started typing: "Caulif.." all dishes with cauliflower in either the product heading or product description would appear.Hey Christian, thanks for this feedback. We are definitely looking into more exotic meal creations, and the search bar functionality would definitely making ordering easier. Can't wait for you to try our new meals soon!

Not just another meal play scheme

Every meal I've tried tastes like someone has made it fresh there for me! With a large range and being able to filter dietary needs, I'd highly recommend these meals to someone looking for simple and tasty.

I advise if you don't like certain things like me e.g mushroom, read through the ingredients to make sure you don't get tricked by the lasagne!

Taste
Start DateApril 2019
Meal Plans(s)Weight Loss
Hi Richard, we're so glad to hear that you enjoy the Chef's cooked meals. Stay tuned for even more meals, which will cater to a variety of fitness goals and dietary needs, coming soon!

Makes lunchtimes stress free (and delicious!)

The meals are delicious, filling and nutritious and takes the stress and hassle out of meal preparation. All the ingredients are real, the portion sizes are great and I love that the macros and calories are all really clear and easy to understand.

Taste
Start DateApril 2019
Timely DeliveryYes
We love knowing that our meals make your life that much easier, Rachael! Thank you for your positive feedback.

Great quality and delivered fresh! (not frozen)

Can't spend enough good words for MYMC! I'm eating 1 of these meals a day, usually dinner, and it's really convenient to have something different and tasty every night, ready in 5min

Taste
Start DateSeptember 2018
Additional Physical Activities Cardio, Sport and Weightlifting
Meal Plans(s)Muscle Gain
Thank you for the positive review, Luca - it's awesome to know that our healthy meals can fit into your busy schedule!

Great food, good service

I'm way too lazy to cook most of the time and value my time more. These meals are a great alternative to cooking and are pretty damn tasty! This is my 5th order and there will be more!

Taste
Timely DeliveryYes
Thank you so much for being a loyal customer, Abraham! We appreciate the honest feedback from people like yourself and will always endeavour to improve our product quality in any way we can.

Reliable, tasty, quality!

We've tried so many different meal delivery services, but Muscle Chef is the one we've stuck with. We started ordering as part of the F45 Challenge, but as we've learnt our bodies and what kind of macros we each need (we are a male and female couple) we have started using the website to order. Of course what I love the most is the taste of the meals, BUT, on top of that: we've never had a delivery problem, the vacuum packaging means the meals keep for ages, they're freezable, the style of packaging makes heating them - and knowing when it's ready (when the bubble forms) - easy, and the food doesn't burst and spill while in the van for delivery. Take it from someone who at this point has spent thousands on trying different meal services: these guys are the ones who have it figured out.

Taste
Start DateJanuary 2019
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder
Thank you for the kind words. My Muscle Chef is devoted to ensuring exceptional product quality and customer satisfaction, down to the very last detail. Our partnership with F45 Training proves our dedication to fitness and healthy living, and we're so glad to hear that you have found the right meal prep solution that simplifies your day and gives you time for the things that matter.

great food! so convenient

I find the portions good, they fill me up. The quality of the ingredients is fantastic. Iv'e just been doing single orders so i can change the dinners each month.

Taste
Additional Physical Activities None
Timely DeliveryYes
We love knowing that you enjoy our meals, Chris! Did you know you can actually edit, change and customise your meal preferences when you have a subscription? Simply edit your account in the subscription profile, so you can choose from 50 tasty meals and save money too!

This guys are the real deal

I have been a customer for a long time and man this guys are great! Amazing and affordable product, customer service is responsive and willing to help.

From expedited delivery to instant refunds if anything went wrong (in a rare case) they will always there to help.

This is my go to place now for tasty and nutritious food. Thanks for making my life easier guys

Taste
Start DateFebruary 2017
Additional Physical Activities Weightlifting
Timely DeliveryYes
Thank you so much for the kind words, Jay! MYMC truly value loyal customers like yourself, that's why we are committed to ensuring any issue is resolved timely and satisfactorily. Our friendly Customer Service team do a fantastic job at making sure our customers are assisted, and are only one phone call or message away!

Great range, tasty food

Ive only used them once.
I ordered 10 different meals to try them all out.
I have to say they were really good quality and quite flavoursome.
I havent used them again, but if the need arose for frozen meals id use them in a heartbeat.

Taste
Start DateAugust 2018
Additional Physical Activities Sport and Weightlifting
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder and Muscle Gain
Thank you for the genuine feedback, Paul! We hope you have an opportunity to try our new meals out in the future.

Fabulous food - Extremely tasty

Food is absolutely delicious and uses premium ingredients. I love the fact that it is fresh and not frozen and will stay fresh up to 12 days. Meals are a good size portion and I definitely feel satisfied when finished. All round I think the meals are excellent value for money and by FAR the tastiest I have tried compared to some others.

Taste
Start DateMay 2019
Additional Physical Activities Sport
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder
Hey Kristian! Thank you for the positive feedback. The transition from frozen to fresh meals was one of the best decisions we've ever made - not only are the meals tastier and free from any preservatives or nasties (thanks to the vacuum seal), but the extended shelf life means you have more options when it comes to choosing lunch and dinner!

Love it, so convenient, super tasty!

It's took us a while to work up the courage to order the meals online (it seems pretty expensive when you don't know what you're getting - and we've had some pretty bad frozen meals before!), but we're so glad that we did.
For our first order we picked the couples pack. Delivery was really easy, we opted for the midnight or 7am delivery and when we got up for work at 5am I already had a text saying the order had been delivered. Another thing that I really love about this company is that the materials that they use for delivery not only keep the food cold so it stays good, but all of the insulation materials that they use are recyclable so it's better for the environment!
The food we've had all heats up within 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave, which is super quick and easy when we get home from work. And honestly, the food is super tasty, we've enjoyed all the meals that we've tried so far and have ordered 25 meals for next week to last us Monday through Saturday. My partner was a little concerned about the portion sizes (he's a pretty big guy), but he's also said that these meals fill him up. I personally usually find it hard to finish, but I'm glad about the size because it's helping me eat more to hit my macros.
The price might be considered expensive, having just paid $218 for 25 meals, but at $8.72 a meal that's still a lot more affordable than eating out all the time, getting ubereats and on top of that you have the convenience of not only having it delivered but also knowing that it's healthy and knowing the exact macros and calories that you are eating. Also, it's actually cheaper than other companies that I was considering trying.
I would be super keen to see additional snack or breakfast options come out in the future, but I can deal without those for now because lunch and dinner were our main problems.

Taste
Start DateMay 2019
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder
Hi Carina, thank you so much for your honest review. We love knowing that you enjoyed your Couples Lunch & Dinner pack! Our meals are chef-prepared and cooked to perfection to ensure maximum freshness and mouth-watering taste. Our price point makes us competitive in comparison to other meal prep companies, and our dedication to providing quality nutrition is something that we continuously prioritise. We're excited to announce that our menu will be getting bigger and we will be offering healthy, tasty and ready-made options very soon! Stay tuned to our social media channels to keep up-to-date on these exciting launches.

Tasty and convenient

I was worried how the quality of the food would be after only ever having frozen meals previously. However, the new fresh meals are even more tasty! Loving the new flavours and loving the fact I don't have to meal prep anymore. So much variety which I could never cook as good as these meals.

Taste
Start DateApril 2019
Additional Physical Activities Sport and Weightlifting
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder

Hands down the BEST pre-made food system!

I'm a big dude...6'3" and 130kg & I was weary of ordering one of these meals online because I thought it wouldnt fill me up but boy was I wrong. It left me feeling perectly full...not hungry but not so stuffed that I couldnt move.

The delivery was spot on as expected and the readiness of these meals just takes away all headaches associated with going food shopping, not knowing what to make, making too much of something and being disgusted by it on day 5...this system keeps it nice and fresh.

We went with the 10 meal best seller pack & I just finished ordering the couples lunch and dinner pack for my wife and I. We're both a fan of it!

The price for the food can be looked at as pretty expensive but it IS fresh food with quality ingredients and best of all its HEALTHY without feeling like you're chewing on a boiled tree branch.

I do wish the discount system was a bit more generous but thats just nitpicking now...overall, if you like good tasting food, you cant go wrong with how yummy and easy this system is.

Taste
Start DateApril 2019
Additional Physical Activities Sport
Meal Plans(s)Couples Lunch & Dinner Pack and Weight Loss
Hi Angel, thank you for your feedback! We know our customers will have different lifestyles, and our range of 50 meals caters for a variety of fitness goals - whether that is fat loss or muscle gain. We're so glad to hear that our High Calorie Best Sellers pack has helped keep you full and fuelled, and we're excited to share that more options will be added to this Fixed Set. Regarding your comment about discounts, we will definitely take this on board and endeavour to offer loyal customers like yourself a fair and decent incentive. Stay tuned!

Healthy and Convenient

When you have a busy schedule, a good delivery service is essential to stay on track. The meals are full of flavour and delicious and you don't realise you're eating healthy. Would love to see some breakfast options added in the future.

Taste
Start DateApril 2019
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Meal Plans(s)Performance
You've asked, we've listened! Plans for morning meals are in the works... thank you for your feedback!

Game changer!

I recently switched over from another meal prep company just to try something different. Boy, these meals are just next level. Good variety, last longer in the fridge and taste fantastic. I also like the fact that they offer multiple delivery times which gives me more flexibility around my busy schedule. Putting through my second order tonight!

Taste
Start DateApril 2019
Additional Physical Activities Cardio and Sport
Timely DeliveryYes
Awesome to know that our meals perform better in comparison to previous competitors you've tried, Ryan! We know how important quality nutrition is, especially when you've got a busy schedule, and that's why we've offered increased delivery times.

Taste not what it used to be

Picked a couple up from IGA, used to order years ago. The sizes are very confusing now and the chicken was very plain. Certainly not worth the $10 that they are asking.

Taste
Start DateApril 2015
Thank you for voicing your feedback on our meals, Drew. We will do our best to take these criticisms on board and ensure that your next experience with MYMC is a positive one.

super convenient

Getting my meals from company has really worked for me, as I literally have no time to cook, not even to eat outdoors. Very happy with the freshness and homely taste. However some of the servings are very small (eg. chicken risotto), they feel more like half a meal, closer to an entree size. I would like to suggest increasing a little the portion of some of the yummy recipes. Apart from that, very happy!

Thank you!

Taste
Start DateApril 2019
Additional Physical Activities Cardio
Meal Plans(s)Menu Builder
Hey Viviana, thank you for your honest feedback! We will definitely take this on board and work to ensure greater consistency and customer satisfaction regarding serving sizes.

Great tasting and very convenient

I've been using MMC for approx 12mths - food has consistently been tasty and of a high quality and the convenience of both the prep and the macros is perfect for my life and training/nutrition goals. When I've needed to change anything about my order or closely missed a cut off time the customer service has always been fantastic as well.

Taste
Start DateJune 2018
Additional Physical Activities Weightlifting