2.9 from 3,728 reviews

1.5

• Adequate Speeds Yes · No (40%)

Stevie J

Stevie JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not engage this company, please

Unable to cancel a service we had for 3 years. This company made it impossible. No Customer Service by phone, defaulted to a useless chat bot. Unable to change details or payment method online. Locked out. Their responses were empty, generic emails. Please avoid
Disgraceful service.

Start DateJanuary 2016
MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

Started Good and then got terrible

DSD
DSD

Jan, go and help the existing customers who are complaining daily. As I said, I have moved on to another provider and I am very happy there.

Cheers!

MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

Thank you for posting a review, DSD. We will use the feedback to make us better. Take care, Jan - Socials Team Leader

Tungane Marsters

Tungane MarstersSydney, NSW

NBN on a new property

Spoke to Jerome this morning very helpful clear with the information even though l didn't have a clue a first-timer with NBN in a new property very happy customer TY!!!!!

Rose H.

Rose H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

No customer service

Over the course of three years the service devolved from a new & reasonably priced provider with fair customer service to an unreliable service that constantly drops out & with no customer service at all. Lodged a complaint with TIO & switched to Aussie BB (100% Australian owned & operated)

Richard

RichardSydney, NSW

Gamers be Aware!

Start DateJune 2020

Left the service!

The internet could not support a laptop running and an xbox S, running ,Enough said Then they wanted me to do loops to leave. Ombudsmen threatened and I could leave.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Amanda Patfield

Amanda PatfieldMid North Coast, NSW

My republic fixed my internet problem and is all good now. Thank you

I was having problems with my internet it was dropping out all the time and my republic sent out a technician and the problem is fixed. Thank you and thanks my republic.

Start DateFebruary 2019
MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

NEVER use this company. Disgusting company. You can’t get anyone and they will steal money from your account.

NEVER use this company. Disgusting company. You can’t get a hold of anyone. They don’t deliver service and they will 2 years later have a collection agency claim you owe money which you never used. Waited 6 weeks for a modem. Returned it immediately as I never used it. How dare you come after me after we have resolved this 4x. You cannot get in touch with them at all. Only if they call you. DISGUSTING

Start DateJanuary 2019
myrepublicsuck

myrepublicsuckIllawarra, NSW

MY Republic have no Loyalty

Start DateJune 2018

Find out how MyRepublic compares to other Internet Service Providers

constant drop outs and below average speeds

Myrepublic targets gamers however there are multiple drop outs a week. its gotten to the point my employer is about to revoke my work from home privileges due to how often I lose connection. the dumbest part is their technical support you can only contact online which means if you have no data, you can't even contact their tech support. I also choose the nbn100 plan they offer... only getting just over half that speed. What a joke

Start DateJanuary 2020
Nirmal V.

Nirmal V.Sydney, NSW

Worst service as a consumer

Start DateJune 2020

DennyPerth, WA

worst service ever at highest cost ever

paying for a 90mbps connection with static IP the lot (their highest package available at my premises). I barely reach 10mbps let alone 90. On peak / off peak it does not matter the download speed is constantly under 10mbps and the ping fly's up and down uncontrollably. My Ping will be 60m/s one second and 300m/s the next, it is out of control and they fail to recognise or fix any faults.
Update - after weeks of back and forward with My republic, they are unable to fix the fault so they are terminating our service - not fixing it. My republic needs clear disclosures on their website stating they have no control over the product/ service they supply as to stop this happening in the future.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateOctober 2019
Contract Type24-month contract
Denny

your not going to fix it, i have reported faults over 100 times and you keep telling me the same old nonsense off a script. nothing has been done to fix the connection to date, your not going to fix it now. next comes the outage story that is a lie.

Denny

Slow or no internet access with no help from customer service.

Internet has been slow to the point it won't load the Google page on any device. Customer service from live chat have not helped and all ask the exact same questions with no results or issues solved. Modem has been replaced and nothing has changed. This company is abosultley useless and no help. Do not recommend and will be switching providers which is sad since I have been with them for over three years.

He Y.

He Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Speed Throttled

I have FTTP fiber connection but I was never able to watch youtube 4k on 100 plan for the entire last year, the best youtube video i could watch was 1080p, despite using any speed testing software would show me the test speed was around 90mb. I then used a vpn service to encrypt my traffic to test youtube 4k again, it worked. I was able to watch youtube 4k after encrypting my traffic. This means my traffic was throttled! I am no longer using them anymore because I paid for a service that I could not get!

Start DateJune 2019
Donald

DonaldSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

OK until you need support

The NBN service was good at first, then when more people in the neighbourhood joined, it slowed down (which apparently is their business model). However, the big problem is when you need support. They don't have a telephone number, only a "chat line". It should be called a "wait in silence line", as the response is abysmal. And when the person at the other end clicks onto your chat, they fail to read anything that tou have written. I'm leaving!

Start DateFebruary 2018

Terrible service. If I could be bothered I'd gladly leave

Last week I tried to arrange for my service to be changed to my new address. I have encountered numerous problems and have had to wait in cue every time I try to have something sorted. I hate your company and will put it out on the socials. Shame on your company

They're terrible!

Connection is terrible and I can't stream anything. They advertise 43Mbps "average evening speed" for my plan but most nights I'm lucky if I get 2-3Mbps!!! I've had problems for months and MyRepublic doesn't do anything: they try and get me to get my own technician, at my own cost!!! They just don't care and don't even try and pretend they do! Had to escalate to the TIO; hopefully that'll force them to deliver!

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateMay 2017
Harry

Wrong! I’ve been chasing MyRepublic for over 2 months, and no “resolution “. I’m being told to get my own technician, at my own cost, so stop pretending MyRepublic cares about customs service!

Map

MapSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect speed

I didn’t any experience any interruption while use nbn and nothing much different to Telstra network!I I recommend my republic as one of the best in Australia with their cheapest monthly fee and installation is super fast.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Start DateJuly 2020
Kermie

KermieCentral Queensland, QLD

Slow Internet

Our internet is slow, upload speeds are not good, nor are download speeds. Hard to get contact, contact persons drop out, you have to start over, and wait times to be answered again are very long.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateMay 2020
MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

Ok until your internet goes out, then you can only contact them by internet.

They were ok for a year, but you best hope everything goes ok as we lost internet, but they have no calling options so you have to do it via internet chats which are buggy and our phone internet is patchy so it kept dropping out. I tried calling the business sales line to explain it but they just straight up hung up when i mentioned it. Didnt even say why, just hung up.

Start DateJuly 2019

Shane M.

Shane M.asked

MyRepublic

just sign up ,all the connections is correct but still have no internet,tried to make contact ,all i get is online chat.i would rather have phone contact with a person

Hi Shane,

Your feedback is important in helping us create a better experience. We aim to make the activation process as quick and pain-free as possible - so we're sorry to hear you're having a rough time getting connected. We would like to take this as an opportunity to investigate and resolve this matter as soon as possible. We have sent you a private message, kindly check your inbox.

Regards,
John

EMGasked

MyRepublic

MyRepublic says you must call to cancel your contract but they do not provide a number that’s connected.
Their Chat says they do not have the number - which I do not believe. They then provide you a link simply stated to contact the same Chat and which also doesn’t list the number. A perfect circular reference to nowhere.
When you trawl their website for a phone number, it’s obscured by formatting errors. Peering through the text it appears to be - 1300 282 600 - however, upon dialling, it rings twice and then automatically terminates.
Please advise how I terminate?
I DID NOT sign up for life!!

EMG

Why are MyRepublic answering other’s later questions and not this one requesting the correct phone number to cancel an account????

MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

We always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again. As we continue to evolve and adapt to more efficient customer service, we have transitioned to Live Chat, EMG.

Mick M.

Mick M.asked

MyRepublic

is my republic an australian company? whic country is the call centre for customers in australia?

Wayne
Wayne

I think they are from Singapore. I used the online chat support to great effect. I think I did talk to someone from it Melbourne also. There support processes worked very well for what turned out to be a complicated connection. NBN had to lay new wires into the house.

Singapore is correct

MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

MyRepublic is a Singapore based company providing services to customers across Asia Pacific region (Australia, New Zealand and Singapore ). We deploy our Customer Support across the region. Cheers, Jan - Socials Team Leader

Get an answer from our members and MyRepublic representatives

Other Internet Service Providers