MyRepublic

MyRepublic (page 3 of 187)

NBN, ADSL
2.9 from 3,728 reviews

2.9

3,728 reviews
    3.3 (1,254)
    3.1 (1,280)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (60%) · No (40%)

Diana Kavanagh

Diana KavanaghCentral Queensland, QLD

It's very good, the connection doesn't drop off our computer at all, not like some.

No we haven't had any dropouts, and we haven't had any issues with the service.
I have had a couple of questions in the early days, cannot remember what they were now, but I rang My Republic, and the agent answered my question/query immediately and all was good then.
The agents I have spoken to have always been very helpful and polite.
I am very happy with My Republic!
Thank you.
Diana Kavanagh. (C.Qld.)

Theodorah T.

Theodorah T.Perth, WA

Amida was very helpful, patient and understanding. Thank you!

Just want to appreciate the lady I spoke to today. Thank you Amida for not giving up on me despite calling several times beforehand. Then taking your time to explain everything and go through it all.

DennyPerth, WA

worst service ever at highest cost ever

paying for a 90mbps connection with static IP the lot (their highest package available at my premises). I barely reach 10mbps let alone 90. On peak / off peak it does not matter the download speed is constantly under 10mbps and the ping fly's up and down uncontrollably. My Ping will be 60m/s one second and 300m/s the next, it is out of control and they fail to recognise or fix any faults.
Update - after weeks of back and forward with My republic, they are unable to fix the fault so they are terminating our service - not fixing it. My republic needs clear disclosures on their website stating they have no control over the product/ service they supply as to stop this happening in the future.

Denny

your not going to fix it, i have reported faults over 100 times and you keep telling me the same old nonsense off a script. nothing has been done to fix the connection to date, your not going to fix it now. next comes the outage story that is a lie.

Good service overall

I have not experienced drop outs except just one time in one year i think.
Speed gets slower sometimes in peak hours which is sometimes annoying but I think this is normal.

Geoff S.

Geoff S.The Mallee, VIC

Internet. No dramas!

Reliable internet service, with few drop outs.
Great Australian based customer service.
The only times I’ve needed to contact MyRepublic, was to change payment details.
Pay. Use. Enjoy.
The way it should be done.

R.S.L

R.S.LVictoria

Excellent continued service

Excellent broadband connection. Fixed any issues quickly. Best bandwidth using zoom iCloud meetings. Great helpful and friendly service especially in the times we are living in it’s a relief and refreshing.

kcatabran

kcatabranMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Customer Service First Impression

My first call with them sounds promising. They called a few hours later than the expected time but it went very well. Im happy with the customer service so far. I am yet to experience the connection they provide.

Matt P.

Matt P.Far North Queensland, QLD

Does what it says it would

You get what you pay for.. more than happy with it.. from time to time it may drop out, but it’s minimal.. if I thought it was annoying I’d go to the next plan

Glen

GlenCentral West, NSW

Really good

The area I'm in is a little prone to minor short term outages when it rains, however that's not on MyRepublic's end, that's the infrastructure here in the bottom of the valley.

The internet is fast and unlimited. I can stream shows on multiple devices and play games at the same time.

Recommended.

Find out how MyRepublic compares to other Internet Service Providers

Slow or no internet access with no help from customer service.

Internet has been slow to the point it won't load the Google page on any device. Customer service from live chat have not helped and all ask the exact same questions with no results or issues solved. Modem has been replaced and nothing has changed. This company is abosultley useless and no help. Do not recommend and will be switching providers which is sad since I have been with them for over three years.

He Y.

He Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Speed Throttled

I have FTTP fiber connection but I was never able to watch youtube 4k on 100 plan for the entire last year, the best youtube video i could watch was 1080p, despite using any speed testing software would show me the test speed was around 90mb. I then used a vpn service to encrypt my traffic to test youtube 4k again, it worked. I was able to watch youtube 4k after encrypting my traffic. This means my traffic was throttled! I am no longer using them anymore because I paid for a service that I could not get!

Donald

DonaldSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

OK until you need support

The NBN service was good at first, then when more people in the neighbourhood joined, it slowed down (which apparently is their business model). However, the big problem is when you need support. They don't have a telephone number, only a "chat line". It should be called a "wait in silence line", as the response is abysmal. And when the person at the other end clicks onto your chat, they fail to read anything that tou have written. I'm leaving!

Great so far

No real issue, connection is fine. 3 people using it. Tend to always be pretty fast. So far so good. So yeah. For the republic. Thank you for your review

Emily

Emily

Terrible They block your number as soon as you sign up so you can only go on chat which then leads to to incompetent sta

Horrible. Poor service
10/10 do NOT recommend them.
They block your number once you join so you can only go on a chat with people who ignore you and disconnect chats. Our billing cycle changes every month:

Caitlin

CaitlinHunter Region, NSW

Awful customer service and product

You can't call, can only do online chat. They are trying to charge us for a product we don't have yet. They delivered our modem to the wrong house. Won't send another one and now expect me to pay a bill for something we haven't had or used. Also they turned off the internet to the house they delivered the modem too. Absolutely ridiculous

Mitch L.

Mitch L.South East Queensland, QLD

Their so called support is a joke, no one responds to your requests!

Connection great. Company useless. No support. Live chat is a joke
Imagine a company not having simple information like what outgoing email server to use on their website.. Mindbogglingly stupid.

Disgruntled

DisgruntledPerth, WA

Great Customer Service from these guys

Kept at it until all problems were resolved for our connection and so easy to deal with. Answered out enquiry in a timely manner via email. Live chat was also good. We needed help and My Republic provided it.

Gamers choice!!

Connection speed is absolutely ideal for weekend gamers and those who prefer to grind a couple of hours on a day to day basis. Nbn 100 would be best for all the hardcore gamers out there.

Colin S.

Colin S.South East Queensland, QLD

problems solved

Unknown to myself my internet service was taken over by another provider which I incurred a termination fee. After being on chat for some time this occurrence has/will be corrected.

Charlie B.

Charlie B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great product

I have been with my republic for 3-4 years now and can’t complain. Also if you get on the phone with customer-support they are amazingly helpful and friendly. Can’t recommend them enough!

Shane M.

Shane M.asked

MyRepublic

just sign up ,all the connections is correct but still have no internet,tried to make contact ,all i get is online chat.i would rather have phone contact with a person

Hi Shane,

Your feedback is important in helping us create a better experience. We aim to make the activation process as quick and pain-free as possible - so we're sorry to hear you're having a rough time getting connected. We would like to take this as an opportunity to investigate and resolve this matter as soon as possible. We have sent you a private message, kindly check your inbox.

Regards,
John

EMGasked

MyRepublic

MyRepublic says you must call to cancel your contract but they do not provide a number that’s connected.
Their Chat says they do not have the number - which I do not believe. They then provide you a link simply stated to contact the same Chat and which also doesn’t list the number. A perfect circular reference to nowhere.
When you trawl their website for a phone number, it’s obscured by formatting errors. Peering through the text it appears to be - 1300 282 600 - however, upon dialling, it rings twice and then automatically terminates.
Please advise how I terminate?
I DID NOT sign up for life!!

EMG

Why are MyRepublic answering other’s later questions and not this one requesting the correct phone number to cancel an account????

MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

We always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again. As we continue to evolve and adapt to more efficient customer service, we have transitioned to Live Chat, EMG.

Mick M.

Mick M.asked

MyRepublic

is my republic an australian company? whic country is the call centre for customers in australia?

Wayne
Wayne

I think they are from Singapore. I used the online chat support to great effect. I think I did talk to someone from it Melbourne also. There support processes worked very well for what turned out to be a complicated connection. NBN had to lay new wires into the house.

Singapore is correct

MyRepublic A.MyRepublic

MyRepublic is a Singapore based company providing services to customers across Asia Pacific region (Australia, New Zealand and Singapore ). We deploy our Customer Support across the region. Cheers, Jan - Socials Team Leader

Get an answer from our members and MyRepublic representatives

Other Internet Service Providers